Who are the fans who claim to see Michael

Of course we love him. We love him even more now that we know the truth. He was suffering for us. For the world. He was a victim. And he was an angel in the darkness surrounding him. He was taken away from us and there is no reason, no excuse. I don't know how those people who let him die sleep at night.
And by the way, we the fans who attempted an intervention feel guilty. For not acting earlier. For not being more aware of the situation. For "planning" it too much :(

Oh, please don't feel guilty.

HI! This is a mail from a "Follower", postet in another Forum, hope it is ok that I take it to you here:

To those of you that wonder why this was kept private, read through this thread again and see the disgusting judgemental name-calling going on here. This is the usual treament that the boards give to "follower fans"...and you wonder why we keep to ourselves, because you're just making accusations against us for lying, seeking-attention, being too involved in his personal life...we can never do right by any of you, so we don't bother to try to please or include you in the conversation. But now that someone has gotten this email via 3rd party (wonder if all the subsequent ones will follow shortly) exactly what we suspect would happen if it was posted on boards has now happened (hence the first line asking it not to be posted on the boards.)

The email is genuine and Xxxxxx is a genuine sweet caring fan that Michael was happy to have around for many years. So anyone thinking and saying differently here is plain wrong. And many have been far too mean without even knowing what on earth they are talking about.

I want to defend Xxxxxx, as a friend, as I would want someone to do for me, and also as a fan that wants to say the truth.

THE FACT IS THAT MICHAEL WAS TOO SKINNY IN THE LAST FEW MONTHS OF HIS LIFE, especially in the last few weeks. IT IS A FACT. ACCEPT IT OR NOT. I first noticed in October when I spent A LOT OF TIME with Michael, and I mentioned it to him. But I also knew he was beginning to prepare the tour even back then so I expected him to be very conscious of his weight and was not overly worried, although concerned.

I am the girl in the picture with Michael that you all went crazy over with his curls back taken at the end of May. LET ME SAY THE TRUTH, you can not see very well just how truly skinny he is in that picture (taken just little more than 3 weeks before he died) because he is covered, but when I met Michael in the dance studio earlier in the day I was sad and scared for how skinny he was. He was wearing a different top and we hugged twice and I felt there was NOTHING to him. I felt how tiny his waist was, I felt his ribs against me, his shoulder bones poking through his top, I honestly was really taken aback at how skinny he was from even the last time I saw him and was worried I have seen Michael a lot in my life and I know what is acceptable. I do not like to say it, it is sad, but it is the truth that he was scary skinny. I had a difficult time looking at him standing there, knowing in my gut that something was desperately wrong.

It is also true (despite Randy Phillips/AEG denying it the next day) that Michael spoke to us inside the dance studio about what was going on...he was very candid with what he said but also very down and sad, he was feeling the pressure, literally said he was not eating, had gone to sleep at night knowing it was 10 shows, and woke up to 50 shows, said there were not long enough breaks scheduled between shows...he said many things but it is not necessary to repeat everything...the point is we walked out of that dance studio feeling a sense of despair for him. Never in all the 12+ years of "following" Michael have I witnessed him in such a state. Everyone in the media who has been saying Michael was fine, in great shape and great spirits is not telling the ENTIRE truth. Yes, sometimes he was in a good mood, perhaps someone saw him eat something, yes he was dancing, he was rehearsing a lot...but I do not believe for one minute that Michael was completely alright because I saw with my own eyes and heard from his own mouth that he was NOT completely alright.

For all of you refering to the rehearsal pictures and saying he looks fine, I'm sorry but you are just blind or sorely mistaken. He IS skinny in the rehearsal pictures - you can not tell as much as in person admittedly, and the clothes he wears masks it well. But you can STILL PLAINLY SEE he is too skinny. You will also probably say he looks fine in the pictures of him visiting the doctors office...but again the jackets he wore masked it well.
He really was incredibly skinny, and I am not one to dramatize such a thing. I know he has always been thin and his weight fluctuates but in the last weeks of his life he was not a normal/healthy weight. When you add the idea that he was taking any kind of drugs whether for pain or to help him sleep it was a lethal combination I am convinced. No one will ever convince me that his weight did not play a role in his passing. He was not eating (enough), rehearsing many many hours a day, and coupled with taking drugs, I can not be too surprised he has left us...when you are very thin and under-nourished your body can not handle the stress, the pressure, the drugs (as much as it might if were a healthier weight.)

Xxxxxx met him again in the studio two weeks later and his weight had fallen even more...this is what triggered her email to us and we finally decided we needed to speak up. For all of those saying why didn't we do anything about it then, WE DID TRY. WE TRIED. God we tried...but it was too little too late. You can not imagine OUR PAIN that we discussed with each other just THE WEEK before his death how to reach him, what to do, how to say it so we don't hurt him, we AGONIZED over what to do. In the last two weeks before he died he was kept from us more than usual by his security, things became very strange in ways that are too much to go into here, but we felt something was wrong. And we were so so so so sadly right. I never wanted to be more wrong in all my life.

We wrote letters to Michael frankly expressing our concerns, blunt but cloaked in love, and they were given to him on arriving to what would be his last rehearsal by Talitha - a fan that Michael loved very much and who spent a lot of time with him over the past decade, and especially the past two years (but many of you have slagged off on the boards without even knowing her.) Michael tried to phone her from the Staples center to talk about the letters, but the call dropped and conversation was never had. Michael's security said they would try again the next morning.

I was told by Michael's personal assistant in LA when I went back for the funeral, that Michael asked for the letters that night at home after rehearsal. He took the letters to Michael in his bedroom. We had literally wrote in those letters begging him to take care of himself, if not for himself, then for his children and family and everyone that loves him so deeply, that we were afraid for his life, that him being around is more important than any one concert could ever be...he died 12 hours later and it is the most DEVASTATING THING to have happened...I can not even really think about it, it is too much to comprehend. It is like a cruel joke that God put upon us. I do not understand how it was allowed to happen. The only comfort I take is from knowing he read our letters showering him with love just before he passed. It wasn't meant to be a goodbye, but essentially became our goodbye to him. I feel sad that we did not reach him in time, that we could not reach others around him in time, that the people around him did not seem to care enough about him, it's all too much and too complicated...and too devastating. I do have to say in Karen's defense that she did try to help. I don't want to say more for sake of her own privacy, but it's too harsh what some of you are saying here.

So if you could have a little COMPASSION and stop being so hard-hearted about the email and towards Xxxxxx it would be appreciated I am sure!
Btw, some of you are misinterpretting the bit where she said she doesnt care if he never eats again...French is her first language, and was lacking some punctuation; she only meant that she doesnt care if people are upset with her for the email because if he never eats again that is all that matters!

I'm sure there will be plenty of people that will now read this and begin to slag me off as well, but I don't care anymore because I just want to say the truth, defend my friend, have a clear conscience, and say what I think Michael would want said anyways.

Thank you so much for sharing. I have no reason to disbelieve a fan so won't be "slagging" her off for a minute but thanking her for sharing her experience. Which board is this post from?

Can anyone please PM me the e.mail.

I've tried looking for Karen Faye on Facebook but can't find her :(

I don't know why he told us he only wanted/knew about 10 shows but he did.. this makes me wonder about the shady things that people around him were doing. There could be various explanations to this, including that Michael signed in a moment he shouldn't have.

Thank you so much Cris I know you are concerned and you have helped us so much
by giving us a few details of Mjs last evening alive

but why do you jump to that conclusion that he was not in his right mind ..
when he signed his contracts ..

I have been talking today with one of the fans that was present when MJ made that statement
and they said he didnt say it with concern it was just matter of fact of in a joking way .. that ..
I woke up and was told there were there were 50 and then he smiled. He didnt show any concern
or upset about it or was he complaining to the fans. They did say MJ look thin to them but he was
in good spirits and didnt appear sickor unhealthy and at that time he didnt say anything that would
make fans feel concerned for his well being or that he didnt know what he was doing. the only thing
the fans talked about after was concerned that they thought MJ looked too thin.

So I think MJ may have made that statement to fans but some out of concern took it out of context
whenhe didnt say it to upset them ot show he was concerned about it .

I was wondering are you implying that MJ didnt have his faculties about him that he was unable
to make decisions _ did he appear mentally ill, sick or out of it to you ???

Michael was hands on with all decisons in this concert and also making other business deals with others
book deals merchandinsing recording music _ etcetc These people also said MJ was exited and showed
no signs of not being in his right mind and they are not connected with AEG

The fan I talked to did state Michael said that but matter of factly and in a joking manner ..
maybe one of the fans that heard that .. took it wrong .. do you think that spossible ?

Also I was wondering do you really think ??? that he was mentaly ill :( unable to
make decisions about signing his business deals _ did he appear mentally ill or drugged up to you ??
I just feel thats a sad way to end his legacy - please answer :(

Last edited:
qbee, sent you a PM. I didn't imply any of those things. I simply don't know...

qbee, sent you a PM. I didn't imply any of those things. I simply don't know...

Ok thank you Cris for reply
sorry i just took what you said wrong .. :(
its hard to express things with the sorrect meaning
sometimes when printing. It just seemed to imply you
thought he was incapacitated when he signed the contract

maybe the letters hurt Mj more than AEG...his fans under estemate him was like a knife in the soul.

qbee - do you mean like "hey guys look what happened!!! I went to sleep with 10 shows and woke up with 50 shows!! wow!! can you believe it?"
You know, this kind of way, like he was just commenting the fact and that he was like "WOW, OMG, this is a little scary but its ok"!!
Sorry my bad english. Please answer me!! Thank you!! :)

that email was posted in the 'email i recieved 4 days before he passed' thread - there was another mail/post in there similar to this, and of corse the email that started the whole thread off, which has been deleted now.

Cris123 - really you should not feel guilty. Michael had many people around him that should have been helping him - for example - his doctor!

maybe the letters hurt Mj more than AEG...his fans under estemate him was like a knife in the soul.

I doubt it. I'm sure he felt the love with which they were written. and Michael knew the value of that emotion like no other man.

Some fans don't wish to be in the limelight or be asked questions ...it hurts really. Some of the fans I know and myself included, know that on that weekend of father's day we were there. Now Michael was really open and happy prior to that week, excited and always greeting his fans by opening the window of his car, touching his fans hands and telling them how much he loved them. That was "before."

That particular weekend, ( Father's Day and days before he died ) he wasn't himself, he drove up, didn't stop and went straight into his home without so much as a hello, nothing. It could have been he was too tired from rehearsals...or as I was told from his guard he wasn't feeling well.

I had been there, I gave gifts and other things prior, heard his love you's and it hurts deeply to know that one day you see him happy, smiling and the next he's gone. It's still like a nightmare that won't ever end.

Wow , that post is heartbreaking indeed..... I almost don't want to believe it but I feel it's true... I have noticed his thin body but like the poster says, you can't really tell from pictures plus sometimes the eye sees but doesn't want to believe.....
I just.... can't believe it still....... Poor Mike.... I wish more ppl had knows earlier, maybe there was something we could have done....

But don't you get it? Almost everyone knew, but everyone just became to blind to see, because all we could care of were those stupid concerts.

And you're totally right, we knew it was true, but we just didn't want to believe it. I remember when someone on this board opened a thread telling that Michael told them he never wanted to do 50....We just didn't want to believe it, because we were so damn sure Michael could pull it all off. Any fan who would say something negative would be seen as a ''fake fan'', just because we couldn't handle the truth.

JEEZ, I just hate myself right now.

But don't you get it? Almost everyone knew, but everyone just became to blind to see, because all we could care of were those stupid concerts.

And you're totally right, we knew it was true, but we just didn't want to believe it. I remember when someone on this board opened a thread telling that Michael told them he never wanted to do 50....We just didn't want to believe it, because we were so damn sure Michael could pull it all off. Any fan who would say something negative would be seen as a ''fake fan'', just because we couldn't handle the truth.

JEEZ, I just hate myself right now.

Why hate yourself. Skeptical people doubt others that try and explain things...some thing we're out to gain attention others well what can I say.

I don't know why he told us he only wanted/knew about 10 shows but he did.. this makes me wonder about the shady things that people around him were doing. There could be various explanations to this, including that Michael signed in a moment he shouldn't have.

How do you respond to Qbee saying she was told by a fan who said Mike said it in a "matter of fact" way? It conflicts with the story about him being close to tears.

I guess we have to say thank you to those fans who were there and tried...

If the fans were concerned then the people around him should have picked up on the fans concern and done something about it. With all the protection etc around Michael it would have really taken some kinda abduction to get him out of there. And amazingly probs the cctv footage would have picked that up.

It must be difficult for the fans who were there and witnessed things, its very very sad :(

How do you respond to Qbee saying she was told by a fan who said Mike said it in a "matter of fact" way? It conflicts with the story about him being close to tears.

It wasn't "matter of factly". So much so that all the fans started to tell him to stop, right then in response to his "unusual" state.
But when he got out of the rehearsals that day he was in very good spirits, yes.

I'm also curious as to the date Michael supposedly signed the contract.
Again, fans feared he might have signed things immediately after being to the doctor.

I feel very bad for those fans who were around Michael, came online to tell us their stories and then were put down and attacked. :(

We as fans know how much we all adore Michael, just like a dear friend, just like family. We know his true fans only wanted the best for him. They weren't paid, they weren't pressured.

Therefore, I believe we should pay attention less and less to the media and more and more to fans who were around him often. That's where the truth lies, closer to home.

It wasn't "matter of factly". So much so that all the fans started to tell him to stop, right then in response to his "unusual" state.
But when he got out of the rehearsals that day he was in very good spirits, yes.

I'm also curious as to the date Michael supposedly signed the contract.
Again, fans feared he might have signed things immediately after being to the doctor.

How many of you were present when Michael said that about the shows?

And did he say that the same day the fans (two fans if Im correct) joined him at the rehersal and saw how thin he were and send out the letter?

Im a bit confused with the timeline..

We need to take control of this situation. We are the ones that love Michael and know what :angel: and who he is. You will not tell us just anything and think we will just believe it.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

They have really underestimated the love we have for Michael, our shitty. And they underestimated Michael. They thought he was so naive, but what the fail to understand is the power of love. And Michael gave it in abundance. They could never see where his true power lay. Why do we all love Michael soooo much? Think about it. Through his love for us (an unconditional love) he helped the ones that needed help, he inspired the ones that needed inspiration, he saved the ones that needed saving, he and helped those whom where lost find themselves. Really, I have read so many testimonials that tell how Michael literally saved them. Me, he has transformed. I now know what my purpose is in life, and through the grace of God I will fulfill my purpose. I owe Michael so much and I am positive a lot of you feel the same way. The love he gave us is so powerful. It is the type of love that God wants all of us to give. And we know it, that's why Michael's connection with us is so strong. The evil people that took Michael away from us can't even begin to comprehend it. And this is why we are so powerful and we have to channel that love that Michael gave us toward one central objective. That is, to not let these Murders get away with this. I know these people will have to stand before God and explain why they did what they did.

But, just one time I want to see justice served here on earth as well. :pray:

Michael deserves this from us. He gave us so much. These people took things to a whole other level and Now it is time we get on their level. They are playing for keeps. Michael is gone and he will NEVER come back. This is a reality.

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74045

How many of you were present when Michael said that about the shows?

And did he say that the same day the fans (two fans if Im correct) joined him at the rehersal and saw how thin he were and send out the letter?

Im a bit confused with the timeline..

There were about 8 to 10 fans in May in the studio when he talked about the shows. The same day he took the pictures with the curls.
Then in June, the two fans went again in the studio and that's when we all got very alarmed and tried to do act and stop being just worried.

I have been talking today with one of the fans that was present when MJ made that statement
and they said he didnt say it with concern it was just matter of fact of in a joking way .. that ..
I woke up and was told there were there were 50 and then he smiled. He didnt show any concern
or upset about it or was he complaining to the fans.

What on earth!? I'm sorry but this fan was NOT actually there then. JOKING? NO CONCERN? SMILED? Someone must be lying to you. Whoever claimed to be there and described it in this way was not there.
I was there. I know everyone that was there. We are friends that know each other for years and I would know this person that was supposedly there. The description of how Michael was speaking that day is exactly opposite to what actually happened. Someone is delusional that they were there...sorry. Michael was extremely sad, almost in tears, his hands were clasped together in prayer...I FEEL OUTRAGED someone would lie about this, I'm SO OFFENDED by this - I don't normally post here as you can see, but this is just too much now...this time with Michael was so important, so special, so telling...for someone to lie about it who clearly was not even there...I feel very PROTECTIVE of this time with Michael...of these memories...we don't need fans who were not even there MISREPRESENTING the truth when we have been actually trying to set the truth STRAIGHT.

By the way, I am the girl that wrote the post that Christine re-posted here defending Marika and explaining the last months.

The follower fans don't speak out or post a lot because frankly it is exhausting...it's just too difficult to constantly defend ourselves, and then also trying to clear up what actually happened because once things are posted to the boards they become twisted and there are a lot of strange fans (sorry but there are) who take things in crazy speculative directions and other fans assume it's truth because they don't read entire threads, etc. etc. etc...and so a vast amount of what is posted on the boards is craziness.

In January when the papz pictures surfaced of us at Carolwood leaving flowers for New Years for Michael everyone called us stalkers and there was so much asburd speculation about our lives, what we do for work, school, our families, our finances, etc. etc...some of it really mean and the level of hatred (jealousy) is sometimes scary...and now everyone wants to hear from us...the hypocrisy is sometimes just too much. For years there have been sick rumours about us and what we must have done (especially the girls) to get close to Michael...no one can ever just believe the SIMPLE TRUTH that we LOVE Michael and followed him and after time there developed a comfort level and he WELCOMED us and would CONFIDE in us and ENJOYED having us around and INVITED us...but we always had to defend ourselves against stalking accusations from people that never knew us but somehow always had a "friend" that did and so whatever crazy story they heard must be true.

Even still in this thread there are fans questioning whether we are telling the truth...it is laughable at this point to even question in my opinion.

People think just because they see a picture of Michael smiling the same week that he spoke to us, that we must be lying...as if he couldn't be in good spirits one time, and not happy in another time.

He was upset...not feeling well...often. But yes there were other times when he was smiling and laughing with us and making a joke...he is HUMAN, he is not always 100% going to be either DEPRESSED or HAPPY. HE CAN BE BOTH IN DIFFERENT MOMENTS. BUT IT STILL REMAINS TRUE, that he was stressed and serious and heavy with emotion when talking about the shows.

Also, this issue whether he knew or did not know there were 10 vs 50 shows-for how many shows did he sign a contract-so if he signed a contract he must have know, etc etc etc...THIS IS NOT THE POINT, everyone is missing the point. Sometimes fans take things too LITERALLY. THE POINT IS that he did not feel well/did not want/could not do 50 shows and he only had it in HIS HEART to do 10 shows and he EXPRESSED THIS by saying he went to bed with 10 shows and woke to 50 shows...it does not necessarily mean he was LITERALLY TRICKED (or whatever you want to speculate) into doing 50 shows unbeknownst to him whatsoever. Clearly he signed a contract and was part of meetings, so if you want to fault him for signing something he didn't actually want to agree to, then fine. But I think he didn't have a choice...and this is the feeling he was expressing.

And in NO WAY was it joking...my God...seriously, who is spreading that ridiculousness!?!

Last edited:
Jesus, so much stuff going on now .... I understand how followers feel, i wish i were one on them, but i hadn't have a chance, i understand how "regular" fans feel as well. They are jelous, they feel left out because insiders treat the like a second sort. On the other hand, i understand insiders too. When you encounter so much anger and jelousy directed at you, you don't want to speak to anyone.

@Paisley, a big THANK YOU for coming in here and setting the record straight, this is why I started this thread. For the record, If I had the cash I would have also "followed" Mike. I don't understand the hostility between online fans and followers because we all have something in common: WE LOVED MICHAEL and now is he's GONE, can we all just bury the hatchet, please?

@Paisley, a big THANK YOU for coming in here and setting the record straight, this is why I started this thread. For the record, If I had the cash I would have also "followed" Mike. I don't understand the hostility between online fans and followers because we all have something in common: WE LOVED MICHAEL and now is he's GONE, can we all just bury the hatchet, please?

:yes: Well said.

Back