Timbaland working on MJ tracks?

If any producer touches Michael's up, if the Estate will really authorize it, they wouldn't respect his vision just like they did with the album MICHAEL, it's not him, it really would bother me if future albums don't include the original songs just like he left them.

That DJ guy mentioned doing something to his voice, or with his voice. Can't remember but I'll check again. If Timbaland had done something to his voice, I wonder what/why. MJ had such a beautiful voice. He also left the note about melodyne so I guess he was against things like that?

That DJ guy mentioned doing something to his voice, or with his voice. Can't remember but I'll check again. If Timbaland had done something to his voice, I wonder what/why. MJ had such a beautiful voice. He also left the note about melodyne so I guess he was against things like that?

his voice didnt get touched by timb.

his DJ only mentioned that MJs vocals sound just really great (smth like this)

looks like they have been modernisded to get a number one tbh, im becoming embaressed.... just why would anyone approve?!

''To all the @Timbaland & Michael Jackson fans just know Tim did a amazing job with Mikes vocals.. The world will love it.. #DjLife''

We don't know what is going on and haven't heard anything. I don't think we should stress or worry too much right now. It's not good for us. Let's wait and see what is or if anything is really going on.

I think fans are just being bitter now for no reason, I have been extremely critical of a lot of things the Estate has done.. But i honestly think they learned from the "Michael" album. I think this album is going to be special, maybe i'm just being hopeful..

I highly doubt Timbaland is the only producer on the album, if i had to guess i would say Michael Prince and Brad Buxer are working on it too.. And like i said before, IF this is the case, the album will be great.

I think fans are just being bitter now for no reason, I have been extremely critical of a lot of things the Estate has done.. But i honestly think they learned from the "Michael" album. I think this album is going to be special, maybe i'm just being hopeful..

I highly doubt Timbaland is the only producer on the album, if i had to guess i would say Michael Prince and Brad Buxer are working on it too.. And like i said before, IF this is the case, the album will be great.

''what tim did with mikes vocals'' their's no other story except the fact he changed them in someway, and that is unforgivable from my side!

I hope people read this! :yes:

Fans are just being overtly critical recently. It's very disappointing. We hear a vague statement about Michael's music and everyone immediately says, "Oh my God, they're going to ruin the song!" How can one form that opinion without hearing the song itself? Everyone is afraid that this is going to be a repeat of the Michael fiasco, which I can't blame anyone for. I myself have a few doubts here and there. But here are the facts (assuming of course a new album is on the way):

1) The estate is well aware of why Michael was a disaster. That's why they confirmed to several fans (particularly our own StellaJackson, if I remember correctly) that the nine unreleased Cascio tracks would not be apart of any future albums, and why they opted to release a new mix of Hollywood Tonight as the album single. (Of course the controversy would have easily been avoided if they issued this mix in the first place, which is not a far jump from the demo.)

2) Evidence of a new album has existed since at least November 2012. That's about nine months to sort through tracks, see which ones could be released, finish whatever needs to be finished, and construct a worthwhile release.

3) Michael Prince, Brad Buxer and Bruce Swedien are on board. Three vital members of Michael's team who have perhaps the greatest amount of respect in the community. Of course it isn't 100% confirmed that Bruce is actually working on the record, but Michael Prince has confirmed that he is working on music. With these three on board, would it be that big of a deal if the estate brought Timbaland in to reproduce a few songs which may or may not even make the album?

Does the estate deserve all the appreciation in the world? No. But do they deserve some respect and patience from the community? Yes. We don't know what they're going to do, and we can't base their decision on ONE album. Hey, This Is It was a fantastic release, as was Bad 25. Both could be better but they are still worthy of the acclaim they get. And Immortal isn't necessarily terrible -- it's a remix album that has some cool little easter eggs here and there. In retrospect, we all have to agree that there has only been one truly terrible release, which seems to be the jumping off point for most criticism.

We can't lose faith. For the time being let's just give them the benefit of the doubt and see what they give us.

looks like they have been modernisded to get a number one tbh, im becoming embaressed.... just why would anyone approve?!

''To all the @Timbaland & Michael Jackson fans just know Tim did a amazing job with Mikes vocals.. The world will love it.. #DjLife''

This isn't a clear statement; let's not just jump to conclusions. He said he did an amazing job with the vocals. This could very easily mean that he did a great job taking the vocal track and finishing the song. I'm not ruling out the possibility that something was done to the vocal track, but until we hear what Tim cooked up, I'm not doubting him.

Last edited:
''what tim did with mikes vocals'' their's no other story except the fact he changed them in someway, and that is unforgivable from my side!

Using auto-tune nowadays is so fashionable, imagine Michael's voice with that

nooo.gif

it'd be absolutely HORRENDOUS! :puke:

Try not to jump to conclusions. I think the most likely thing to read into that, is that they were given vocals, and have created some great songs with them. Not that they altered his vocals.

Timbaland is not a silly guy. He knows how to craft a good song and has zero record of overdoing it with vocal effects.

This isn't a clear statement; let's not just jump to conclusions. He said he did an amazing job with the vocals. This could very easily mean that he did a great job taking the vocal track and finishing the song. I'm not ruling out the possibility that something was done to the vocal track, but until we hear what Tim cooked up, I'm not doubting him.

i really hope you're speaking what is reality, sure the instrumentals may need polishing to sound cleaner than a rough audio that could've been caused by the degradation of a song over the years.. but messing with michael's vocals is a huge no! im looking forward to what is to come but if it's messed up again then.. well it's gonna be hard to move on from. just my opinion though, of course!

Haha, so true. In 2010, wasn't it Rodney Jerkins saying something and Dr. Freeze was saying A Place Without No Name was assured in the next album after Michael.

Yeh i think it was rodney

Rodney Jerkins initially said that he was working on his own album of material but had yet to receive clearance from the estate. He apparently worked on Michael a bit after that statement, but his music was ultimately not included.

Dr. Freeze said in January 2011 that A Place with No Name and Blue Gangsta would be on the next album, saying that he knew it because the estate confirmed it. (He didn't mention the estate specifically, but who else would give him that notice?) BG would be reproduced whereas A Place with No Name would be the last version the two worked on back in 2000.

The good thing is they seem to have been working on this for quite a while. From those twitter posts early this year, to Timbaland working on things from a couple months back. The 'Michael' project seemed rushed and really suffered because of it. After BAD 25, I'm quietly excited for new projects. I think that was a really good package and the Estate are putting time and effort into crafting better product.

i will wait until the album is available for pre order on itunes and we get some previews of each song, then i will choose if i will spend my money or not. hopes are high, i have gotten each of michael's records and cd's so i wanna continue that but only if this collection of unreleased gems is done the way it should be.

i will wait until the album is available for pre order on itunes and we get some previews of each song, then i will choose if i will spend my money or not. hopes are high, i have gotten each of michael's records and cd's so i wanna continue that but only if this collection of unreleased gems is done the way it should be.

Me too ! I'm not judging anything until I actually hear the material first. Then, of course, I'll decide whether I'm buying it or not :)

"Tim did an amazing job with the vocals', just simply means that MJ's vocals were given to Tim, and that he crafted a song around it.

AND NOW I OFFICIALLY CAN'T WAIT! Timbaland is my favorite producer.

And Zakk, don't worry. Timbaland knows what he's doing, unlike Teddy Riley who isn't relevant for a very long time now (in the music industry).

Would be cool if The Neptunes will have a part in this project and off course Will.I.Am too! Will those songs finally see the light of day?

Using auto-tune nowadays is so fashionable, imagine Michael's voice with that

nooo.gif

it'd be absolutely HORRENDOUS! :puke:

If there's any autotune used (not just on Timbaland's but any of the songs), I'm taking it back to the store. That stuff genuinely gives me a head ache and I can't stand listening to it. It sounds ridiculous to me. It is really stupid sounding, in my opinion. But I'm not going to jump to conclusions. He may have just brought up the quality of the sound to make them clearer, not alter them (at least I hope not). Nothing has been officially confirmed yet, either. Like many of you are saying, other producers have reported to have been working on songs but they have yet to be released. We'll see I guess.....

Do not mess with Michael's vocals! He does not need autotune, melodyne. He's not one of those current artists who can't sing!

Hopefully it's just meant in the way he took Michael's vocals to work with, not that they altered it.

Last edited:
I will give him the benefit of the doubt and NOT judge his work with MJ's songs before I actually hear them!!

Can't wait for new songs!

Hm, I don't like the sound of it. Do not mess with Michael's vocals! He does not need autotune, melodyne. He's not one of those current artists who can't sing!

Please calm down, he is talking in studio terms. What he is saying is that Timbaland did an awesome job producing a track with the vocals of MJ as the guideline.

I really wish mj fans would stop over reacting to every nugget of information we get about potential new album. It's one thing for it to happen on this mj board but when it happens 'in public' is just an embarrassment. People like that are crazy and give us all a bad name

Please calm down, he is talking in studio terms. What he is saying is that Timbaland did an awesome job producing a track with the vocals of MJ as the guideline.

Let's hope he just meant that.

I really wish mj fans would stop over reacting to every nugget of information we get about potential new album. It's one thing for it to happen on this mj board but when it happens 'in public' is just an embarrassment. People like that are crazy and give us all a bad name

Your wish will not become true.

Do you expect people to see new information and go: "kthxbye" ?

There will always be debates, which are healthy, for every tiny bit of information about MJ music, because we crave it so much, and want stuff released. Imagine if there was no debates? Every thread would be what, 10-20 pages shorter.

This is simply the way it is, not only for MJ. It's called discussion and we are on a forum.

However, I agree on the public part, like that incident yesterday about the DJ getting harassed. That was quite embarrassing as he clearly was not Max Method.

Back