Timbaland working on MJ tracks?

I agree the Estate wants to make money of coarse, i mean they paid over 250 million for the material, however i do think that Michaels untouched demos should be released too. If it were up to me, i'd release the Timberland produced album, then release a "special edition" of the album with MJ's untouched demos.

Perfect idea!!! I hope the estate is reading here also...
;)

A double cd set would be a dream! The album updated on one disc the OG versions on the other.

Can you or anyone else think of any possible valid reasons why the estate don't like the idea of doing this? They didn't do it with Michael but luckily some demos were online.

At the end of the day,while ill be intrested to listen to any of these "new" songs.they arent michaels work bar the obvious vocals.so ill take a listen but other than that i wont have much intrest in them as at the end of the day i loved mj the musican the producer etc etc. so in essence these songs are like remixes of mj songs (but even back in the day i presume mj gave the thumbs up for them) they are nice to hear but you always go back to the originals because thats the song mj created and wanted
you to hear.these songs arent so they dont mean much to me in the scheme of things.

I just hope that when all these tracks are 'modernised' and put on the album they include the original versions.

This is something I wish was obligated no matter what.

If not releasing the original songs on the same release (double CD), release them as a downloadable CD on iTunes or something. Just so the people who actually wants to listen how Michael left it, untouched, could experience them.

Look, original Another Day demo still not leaked because collectors have it. Same with Much Too Soon. Both still unleaked and it's been 3 years soon.

I wish it was just a given that the originals came with the remakes. But Timbaland did say Michael Jackson had lost it after leaving Quincy yet he wants to work on songs (probably) recorded after Bad. Ladies and Gentlemen, "Michael 2" releases this december. :rolleyes:

And don't ad lib throughout it.

I agree with this I really like JT's music but I always hate hearing Timbalands ad-libs he does through all his snogs they just ruin it for me personally.

I wish it was just a given that the originals came with the remakes. But Timbaland did say Michael Jackson had lost it after leaving Quincy yet he wants to work on songs (probably) recorded after Bad. Ladies and Gentlemen, "Michael 2" releases this december. :rolleyes:
Now look who's making assumptions. Can't we all just wait and see?

I like a few Timbaland tracks and I liked Timberlake's tracks with the exception of Timberlake's voice so this could go well. 8 albums worth? That'd be nice if it's true. As others said, simultaneous release of demos would be amazing.

I personally have no issue with modernizing mj songs under criteria:

*The song was not worked on by mj the last few years of his life.. Because that's new enough to have mjs real vision of what he'd release today..
* the songs that are modernizes/updated do not lose the essence that was intended..

That's just me

I personally think bringing Timbaland to MJ's songs would be good. He brings some good, deep driving bass; remember the song with Madonna and JT? that was the shit ;)

i agree with all of you, the original untouched demo's that michael recorded and mixed in his lifetime in the studio would be a real gift to me as an extra cd in a deluxe package sold on the official site for the fans.. should we contact the estate with this idea? this way, the general public hear a more modernised Michael and we get the raw michael we love like on B25.. :)

Now look who's making assumptions. Can't we all just wait and see?

I like a few Timbaland tracks and I liked Timberlake's tracks with the exception of Timberlake's voice so this could go well. 8 albums worth? That'd be nice if it's true. As others said, simultaneous release of demos would be amazing.
Clearly a Timbaland fan. The dude has spoken ill about MJ, no assumption about it. I made no assumption anywhere, just simply commented on what he'd said. The 'Michael 2' comment was in reference to the crap we're hearing recently; meaning another bad album. chill.

Clearly a Timbaland fan. The dude has spoken ill about MJ, no assumption about it. I made no assumption anywhere, just simply commented on what he'd said. The 'Michael 2' comment was in reference to the crap we're hearing recently; meaning another bad album. chill.
No I'm not a Timbaland fan. Way to make another assumption :p How is it not presumptuous to think the album will be as bad as "Michael" just because you don't like what you've heard from the producer? And if it's about whether or not the producer respected MJ's work, look at Teddy Riley's work on "Michael". Chill? How am I not chill?

From another forum RE the person that posted the tweet:

'One fan stated that a friend of hers who work in retail already got word that there's going to be a new MJ album around Christmas time'

Last edited:
Really, if Timberland is working on the album, i honestly don't think this album will be anything like Michael. There is no way the Estate or any producer is dumb enough not to learn from that mistake. I think they know (now especially) how picky (i mean that in a positive way) us MJ fans are, they know we deeply care for Michael, and know how much the music means to us. Sure, they will bring in producers to tweak/modernize the sound, but i honestly don't think they will butcher it like they did with the Michael album.

my only fear really, is with Timberland apparently saying that "after Quincy" comment, i just hope he doesn't take a track from say 08 or 09 and try to make it sound like 1979.. Stay true to the sound, Stay true to Michael's vision, to what Michael left behind..

I can keep an open mind. I do like some Timbaland songs. I do think it's important to reach out to a broader audience than just us fans. I believe that once people get hooked on Michael that they will be interested in seeing his work and listening to his songs. I don't know how to take his Quincy comment and if we are suppose to just brush that aside. It is important to me that whenever there is a project regarding Michael that the people really do respect Michael the person and not just the artist. For example, the trial going on just hearing that people working with Michael called him a freak or lazy really bothered me and yet they work with him to make money. I understand people want to make money but there should be still some respect shown.

I won't have an opinion on this until I actually hear what MJ stuff he produces, if anything.

if timbaland produced Timberlake's Mirrors, i apologise! i love that song, don't want it to be 8 minutes though, haha

I believe JT himself wanted the songs on the 20/20 Experience to be longer.

Personally I'd be happy if Timberland is working on some MJ music because he knows how to produce a hit.
I know that will go against the grain in the MJ fan community but that's the way it is.
Mj's untouched and uncompleted music will never produce hit records or future commercial success for MJ in their current form. They need to be reworked to make them more appealing to the wider audience.
Some fans don't want commercial appeal. They don't want chart success. They don't want anybody to touch the material left by MJ. BUT the MJ Estate is here to make money and MJ loved chart success. I'm sure he would agree with any new album or single that put him at the top of the charts, especially if they became MASSIVE (i.e. successful for longer than a few weeks).

The incorporation of Bieber onto STTR is questionnable considering there were seemingly complete MJ vocals to work with, but the production of that song had to change to make it hit-worthy. Many fans liked the 2010 version produced by Tricky, and that was almost certainly much different to the version MJ worked on.
Some people only want people who worked with MJ to work on his unreleased material, but that may be a red herring. Sure, MJ may have worked with Teddy Riley and others in the past but they may not finish a song in the way MJ would have liked. In fact I'm pretty sure that some of the songs on the 'Michael' album proved that to be the case.

The Estate need to find the right producers and not limit themselves to the ones MJ worked with.
TImberland may have criticised MJ's later music, and many many people would agree with him, but that doesn't mean that he's a bad choice. In fact, it could mean he's a good choice. Many people around the world believe that MJ's best albums were those produced by Quincy. Personally, even though my favourite albums are Dangerous and HISTory, I had wanted MJ to go back to that Off The Wall sound to recapture some of that magic that sucked people in in the late 70s and early 80s. I wanted Vince to be more like OTW, and was hoping the same for any future album. In my head I know that wouldn't have happened because (IMO) MJ lost his way, but if Timberland can produce something that sounds a little like Off The Wall then the album could be huge. It's a very cool sound right now. Even if his material doesn't sound like OTW he has the ability to create something that will be played by radio.

MJ fans need to stop trying to destroy future MJ products IMO.
They claim to be protecting MJ's legacy but MJ loved success. MJ would have loved the idea of posthumous albums selling millions upon millions and being number 1 around the world. To think otherwise is ridiculous.

Agreed.

A double cd set would be a dream! The album updated on one disc the OG versions on the other.

Yes !!! I've always suggested this :) Disc 1 - Modern versions, Disc 2 - Original demos for the fans, and maybe an extra demo or two where there weren't enough vocals for a whole song or something :D

Dont know if i should belive timbaland or not as there are has been so many people saying "we will bring out new mj song" but they never do.

Dont know if i should belive timbaland or not as there are has been so many people saying "we will bring out new mj song" but they never do.
Haha, so true. In 2010, wasn't it Rodney Jerkins saying something and Dr. Freeze was saying A Place Without No Name was assured in the next album after Michael.

tumblr_mh9a4jdtm71rhk2w1o2_250.gif

Timbaland? :wtf: :puke:
tumblr_min1azEQq71r116s7o1_400.gif
I really hope it's not true. :nono:
tumblr_mdxt67va7v1qh7ov5o2_r1_250.gif

New songs are being finalized it seems.

So a new project released this year in time for the christmas sale seems likely doesn't it??

I guess all we have to do once again, is wait.

This honestly seems to good to be true. I hope Timbaland is on board this time though, with Bruce Swedien on engineering and Bernie Grundman on mastering.

Yes, we just need to wait for information.
Things are starting to happen, so it's just a matter of time. I would be pleased to have an album before Christmas but that period is VERY competitive so an album can easily get lost among all the other releases and needs to sell LOADS to stay in the chart, but i do think an MJ album may be popular as a Christmas present, so perhaps it's not a bad time. It takes MASSIVE sales to get in the top 10 over Christmas.

If they release in October/November or January / February there will be much less competition and sales will generally be lower and so a better chart position can be achieved more easily without selling as many copies.

Will they go for chart position over sales, or perhaps sales over chart position? Of course if the album is great they could possibly release it around Christmas and achieve both - massive sales and a number 1 album. :)

One thing's for sure, if they want to be competitive at Christmas they will need a successful single to hit radio stations and jump start the sales of the album and they will need to hope the fan community can pull together to support it rather than denounce it like they did 'Michael'.

I hope have my doubts that the fan community will cooperate based on many comments I have seen in this thread and the Bieber thread.

If the Estate want to generate long term interest in MJ (and income) they need hits. The demos and raw unreleased track packages, such as BAD25 do not appeal to the masses. That much is clear from the sales of BAD25. It was a great product that was widely acclaimed but didn't set the charts on fire.

It's time for some chart action.

Fingers crossed the fans don't sabotage the new album...

No I'm not a Timbaland fan. Way to make another assumption :p How is it not presumptuous to think the album will be as bad as "Michael" just because you don't like what you've heard from the producer? And if it's about whether or not the producer respected MJ's work, look at Teddy Riley's work on "Michael". Chill? How am I not chill?

The album looks like if Timbaland is on it, it will be the Michael album again. NOTHING like Michael's vision. If you're having Michael's vision, why is Timbaland on it? They would use him for a contemporary sounding album something the Michael album tried to be. So it will be like Michael if they are using people like Timbo on it. Nothing against his work at all, but he shouldn't be anywhere near MJ's stuff because he didn't work on it when it was done originally. If true, why take a massive step backwards from Bad 25?

The album looks like if Timbaland is on it, it will be the Michael album again. NOTHING like Michael's vision. If you're having Michael's vision, why is Timbaland on it? They would use him for a contemporary sounding album something the Michael album tried to be. So it will be like Michael if they are using people like Timbo on it. Nothing against his work at all, but he shouldn't be anywhere near MJ's stuff because he didn't work on it when it was done originally. If true, why take a massive step backwards from Bad 25?

I'm confused. You seemed so supportive of the Bieber "duet", but you don't like the idea of Timbaland? Let me quote you from the Bieber thread:

Hold on, Hold on! Chill. We already have the full Michael version. We are quick to judge others, but when it comes to MJ everything is wrong and must be clarified. We have NO idea what the Estate/Sony are doing. This could be a 2CD duet album where one disc is duets and the other is original versions. But if they release a single from that, who the f*** cares? It's about time people started taking Justin Bieber seriously, he is not the 16 year old who sang Baby anymore. Do you think people threw ABC at Michael Jackson all the time? No. he was given time to mature and that is what JB is doing now. Maybe he will get there (obv not MJ level, come on.)

Whilst people may not like what I've said because he's a "gay 19 year old who spits on fans etc etc" we need to grow up really. It is not "blasphemy" nor is it an "insult". It is simply making these songs more attractive to more markets = $$$$. If his own family are only doing things for money, then why shouldn't the people who it's their job to get money from him? We already have the full Michael Jackson version anyways, so y'know.. chill.

I'm neutral on Timbaland as long as I don't hear his work on MJ's music. We have heard Bieber and I don't like it.

I'm confused. You seemed so supportive of the Bieber "duet", but you don't like the idea of Timbaland? Let me quote you from the Bieber thread:

I'm neutral on Timbaland as long as I don't hear his work on MJ's music. We have heard Bieber and I don't like it.

No. I simply said there that it was done to make bigger money. Done for the smash hit. I was 'defending' it in a way due to the disgusting way fans behaved during the time of the leak. Maybe now, like Ivy said, people have learnt a valuable lesson (if the info is true about Tricky)

Back