Timbaland working on MJ tracks?

OMG! This is a dream coming true!!!! Timbaland is THE producer who knows how Michael Jackson thinks musically. His rhythms are soooooo MJ worthy.

I'm so excited for this if it's true!!

sarcasm on your part? i want the raw untouched demo's that Michael blessed himself.. just like for BAD25.. i love all his demo's! they're perfect in my opinion.. no need to mess with them

sarcasm on your part? i want the raw untouched demo's that Michael blessed himself.. just like for BAD25.. i love all his demo's! they're perfect in my opinion.. no need to mess with them

No, it's not sarcasm. I'd love to listen to Timbaland's work also.

No, it's not sarcasm. I'd love to listen to Timbaland's work also.

we all have our own opinion but i think the core fanbase would prefer the way michael left his song's when he was here

we all have our own opinion but i think the core fanbase would prefer the way michael left his song's when he was here

If Queen fans don't have anything against William Orbit, why should we have against Timbaland?

If Queen fans don't have anything against William Orbit, why should we have against Timbaland?

if timbaland produced Timberlake's Mirrors, i apologise! i love that song, don't want it to be 8 minutes though, haha

OMG! This is a dream coming true!!!! Timbaland is THE producer who knows how Michael Jackson thinks musically. His rhythms are soooooo MJ worthy.

I'm so excited for this if it's true!!

That's going way to far in my opinion. Sure he's produced a lot of modern hits, absolutely none of them are timeless though, all his productions from a few years ago sound incredibly dated and he often sells out for a cheap hook. He could potentially generate a hit, but it will be cheap sounding and very now, and 10 years down the line will put Michael with the current pack of this era sonically and musically, not leagues ahead of them like he was in his albums he released when alive, that's not what I'm all too interested in. Baring in mind the vast majority of MJ lead singles are in a different league to your usual timbaland hit, to say he knows how MJ thinks musically like it's easy is seriously stretching it in my opinion. I'll listen with an open mind, but i'll expect something extremely generic.

That's going way to far in my opinion. Sure he's produced a lot of modern hits, absolutely none of them are timeless though, all his productions from a few years ago sound incredibly dated and he often sells out for a cheap hook. He could potentially generate a hit, but it will be cheap sounding and very now, and 10 years down the line will put Michael with the current pack of this era sonically and musically, not leagues ahead of them like he was in his albums he released when alive, that's not what I'm all too interested in. Baring in mind the vast majority of MJ lead singles are in a different league to your usual timbaland hit, to say he knows how MJ thinks musically like it's easy is seriously stretching it in my opinion. I'll listen with an open mind, but i'll expect something extremely generic.

Well if Timbaland is producing a MJ album I look forward to it. His beats are off the hook. I would rather see him then Riley or Jerkins that's for sure. Freshen it up a bit. If this turns out to be true I believe it will be great. Hopeful it's sooner then later.

Personally, this is a fantastic idea. Timbaland is what I consider an all-around producer: he can do any style and make it work wonderfully. Listen to Justin Timberlake's The 20/20 Experience, which was chiefly produced by Timbaland. What other producer can put forth such a nostalgic album? Pusher Love Girl feels straight out of Prince's handbook, whereas Blue Ocean Floor is a psychedelic masterpiece in the vein of Radiohead. Even look at Take Back the Night, which is as Michael Jackson as you're ever going to get. Like any producer, he has made some crappy songs (particularly those on his solo albums), but overall, if he's determined and motivated enough, I believe he can make some great music.

Now yes, I would love to hear Michael's demos as they were left behind. But if the estate were to hand it off to anyone, my choice would be Timbaland. Would you rather have them handed off to, say, Skrillex? David Guetta? One of Lady Gaga or Katy Perry's producers? No, because they will turn the song into a generic piece of trash. Let's just keep an open mind.

I am surprised by this too, if this is true. Perhaps the Estate ascribe the relatively low sales of the Bad 25 package to the fact that material was left untouched? I think that would be a completely incorrect conclusion to draw, but it could explain the possible change of plans.

I wouldn't say so. Even though sales of Bad 25 were low that set got positive reviews from nearly every end of the fan spectrum. There are criticisms here and there of course, but overall fans love that set. And the estate is well aware that it is mainly a result of delivering untouched music.

Did Michael Jackson work with Timbaland at all before his death? Another blog I found about this says that they were working together before he died. So if they did and the songs Timbaland worked on are the ones they did together, I don't see there being too much of a problem there. But if they didn't, it might be a different story. This blog was posted on July 5. http://sutbeattalks.blogspot.com/2013/07/timbaland-is-getting-ready-to-put-out.html

They never worked together, although they were planning to. Just like 50 Cent -- never had the chance.

Has anyone considered the possibility that this DJ may not be referring to Michael Jackson when he says the "King of Pop"? Obviously that is Michael, but many people try to take that title. In my opinion it's possible he is referring to Timbaland's tracks on the upcoming Justin Timberlake album.

Has anyone considered the possibility that this DJ may not be referring to Michael Jackson when he says the "King of Pop"? Obviously that is Michael, but many people try to take that title. In my opinion it's possible he is referring to Timbaland's tracks on the upcoming Justin Timberlake album.

The album is finished.

It's pretty well known that Michael is the King of Pop. There have been people talking about giving the title to someone else but no one has ever done it. Besides, Justin's team has begun to refer to him as the President of Pop -- a very fitting title, I might add. No where near as powerful as the King, but still someone worthy of attention.

oh, dont tell me. It's Justin Bieber..... :busted:

While the media (unsuccessfully) tried to attach the King of Pop title to other people from time to time, but most people associate to Michael by that. So when someone just says King of Pop in that context, without naming the person it's likely that he means Michael Jackson.

This get's me 'really really bad' excited!
I love & respect Timbaland's works, especially Nelly Furtado's Loose album & the things he did with Aaliyah & also Timberlake stuff. To me Timbaland was the Quincy of the 90's & 00's.
I always hoped & expected that MJ would work with Timbo for his comeback album in 2006-2009. There was even a rumour back in 2007 i believe, that MJ is working with Ryan Tedder (from One Rebuplic) & Timbaland..

I have very high expectations for this.

But i also have some worries because in the last few years Timbos productions became a little to repetitive & to similar sounding.
Also the productions should first and foremost sound like MJ not typical Timbaland..

So that's difficult task for him, but i hope for some great tracks.

Personally I'd be happy if Timberland is working on some MJ music because he knows how to produce a hit.
I know that will go against the grain in the MJ fan community but that's the way it is.
Mj's untouched and uncompleted music will never produce hit records or future commercial success for MJ in their current form. They need to be reworked to make them more appealing to the wider audience.
Some fans don't want commercial appeal. They don't want chart success. They don't want anybody to touch the material left by MJ. BUT the MJ Estate is here to make money and MJ loved chart success. I'm sure he would agree with any new album or single that put him at the top of the charts, especially if they became MASSIVE (i.e. successful for longer than a few weeks).

The incorporation of Bieber onto STTR is questionnable considering there were seemingly complete MJ vocals to work with, but the production of that song had to change to make it hit-worthy. Many fans liked the 2010 version produced by Tricky, and that was almost certainly much different to the version MJ worked on.
Some people only want people who worked with MJ to work on his unreleased material, but that may be a red herring. Sure, MJ may have worked with Teddy Riley and others in the past but they may not finish a song in the way MJ would have liked.

The Estate need to find the right producers and not limit themselves to the ones MJ worked with.
TImberland may have criticised MJ's later music, and many many people would agree with him, but that doesn't mean that he's a bad choice. In fact, it could mean he's a good choice. Many people around the world believe that MJ's best albums were those produced by Quincy. Personally, even though my favourite albums are Dangerous and HISTory, I had wanted MJ to go back to that Off The Wall sound to recapture some of that magic that sucked people in in the late 70s and early 80s. I wanted Vince to be more like OTW, and was hoping the same for any future album. In my head I know that wouldn't have happened because (IMO) MJ lost his way, but if Timberland can produce something that sounds a little like Off The Wall then the album could be huge. It's a very cool sound right now. Even if his material doesn't sound like OTW he has the ability to create something that will be played by radio.

MJ fans need to stop trying to destroy future MJ products IMO.
They claim to be protecting MJ's legacy but MJ loved success. MJ would have loved the idea of posthumous albums selling millions upon millions and being number 1 around the world. To think otherwise is ridiculous.

Agree with you 100%

Personally I'd be happy if Timberland is working on some MJ music because he knows how to produce a hit.
I know that will go against the grain in the MJ fan community but that's the way it is.
Mj's untouched and uncompleted music will never produce hit records or future commercial success for MJ in their current form. They need to be reworked to make them more appealing to the wider audience.
Some fans don't want commercial appeal. They don't want chart success. They don't want anybody to touch the material left by MJ. BUT the MJ Estate is here to make money and MJ loved chart success. I'm sure he would agree with any new album or single that put him at the top of the charts, especially if they became MASSIVE (i.e. successful for longer than a few weeks).

The incorporation of Bieber onto STTR is questionnable considering there were seemingly complete MJ vocals to work with, but the production of that song had to change to make it hit-worthy. Many fans liked the 2010 version produced by Tricky, and that was almost certainly much different to the version MJ worked on.
Some people only want people who worked with MJ to work on his unreleased material, but that may be a red herring. Sure, MJ may have worked with Teddy Riley and others in the past but they may not finish a song in the way MJ would have liked.

The Estate need to find the right producers and not limit themselves to the ones MJ worked with.
TImberland may have criticised MJ's later music, and many many people would agree with him, but that doesn't mean that he's a bad choice. In fact, it could mean he's a good choice. Many people around the world believe that MJ's best albums were those produced by Quincy. Personally, even though my favourite albums are Dangerous and HISTory, I had wanted MJ to go back to that Off The Wall sound to recapture some of that magic that sucked people in in the late 70s and early 80s. I wanted Vince to be more like OTW, and was hoping the same for any future album. In my head I know that wouldn't have happened because (IMO) MJ lost his way, but if Timberland can produce something that sounds a little like Off The Wall then the album could be huge. It's a very cool sound right now. Even if his material doesn't sound like OTW he has the ability to create something that will be played by radio.

MJ fans need to stop trying to destroy future MJ products IMO.
They claim to be protecting MJ's legacy but MJ loved success. MJ would have loved the idea of posthumous albums selling millions upon millions and being number 1 around the world. To think otherwise is ridiculous.

Absolutely, totally agree with you...

Why some of you guys are obsessed about Michael having a no. 1 hit? Pairing him with people who he never worked with is artificially ridiculous and he has no saying anymore on how he'd want his music to sound. And Michael was way better producer than QJ. The fact Tumbaland produces hits, don't make them timeless and ageless as Michael's music is.

I love & respect Timbaland's works, especially Nelly Furtado's Loose album & the things he did with Aaliyah & also Timberlake stuff. To me Timbaland was the Quincy of the 90's & 00's.
I always hoped & expected that MJ would work with Timbo for his comeback album in 2006-2009. There was even a rumour back in 2007 i believe, that MJ is working with Ryan Tedder (from One Rebuplic) & Timbaland..

I have very high expectations for this.

But i also have some worries because in the last few years Timbos productions became a little to repetitive & to similar sounding.
Also the productions should first and foremost sound like MJ not typical Timbaland..

So that's difficult task for him, but i hope for some great tracks.

Timbaland's beats all the sound same.. that JT song 'Mirrors' sounds like 'Cry Me a River'.. Timbaland's beats have been recycled since Missy, Aaliyah and Genuwine. He just used them with Timberfake which made some think that Timberfake was innovative and new when all he did was use Aaliyah's beat from the late 1990's

Timbaland's beats all the sound same.. that JT song 'Mirrors' sounds like 'Cry Me a River'.. Timbaland's beats have been recycled since Missy, Aaliyah and Genuwine. He just used them with Timberfake which made some think that Timberfake was innovative and new when all he did was use Aaliyah's beat from the late 1990's

Then we have different opinions.

I like most of Timbaland's works & he really worked a lot... How many different hit's he hast produced & with how many different artists he has worked, also from different genres, in my opinion that's amazing!

the person who tweeted this heard the song's directly from timbaland, and he says ''wooooooooooooow'' if that's a wow to him just because he's a casual fan and Michael slays everyone else's music then it's another story. a wow in Michael world to us is something like Man In The Mirror, Keep The Faith.. the anthems in my opinion..

the person who tweeted this heard the song's directly from timbaland, and he says ''wooooooooooooow'' if that's a wow to him just because he's a casual fan and Michael slays everyone else's music then it's another story. a wow in Michael world to us is something like Man In The Mirror, Keep The Faith.. the anthems in my opinion..

I understand what you're saying, but c'mon.

The best tracks timbaland made weren't singles. I adore this man, the music he made the last couple of years were specifically for the mainstream public, using clever pop formulas.

This man can create stuff which is BAD. I mean listen to 'don't be cruel', from missy Elliot and promiscuous girl by nelly furtado. Also I'll be around from cee-lo, and 'sexy ladies' from justin timberlake. damn... Listen to these songs and have faith that timbaland will release something special.

Please listen to those songs on YouTube.

AWESOME STUFF!

I'm thinking new album this winter.. First Michael Durham Prince, then Fred Jerkins and now Timbaland.. Just hoping Justin Bieber "duet" won't be there.

There was even a rumour back in 2007 i believe, that MJ is working with Ryan Tedder (from One Rebuplic) & Timbaland......

I remember this rumour too, about Ryan Tedder and also Timbaland. Does anyone know more?
One Republic and their three albums are fantastic, and Tedder penned quite a few hits for other artists. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Tedder_discography Would be great if they really worked together or even if Ryan would work on a random song (would probably sound more organic and timeless than timbaland)

It's also a lot about managing expectations.

Here you have Timbaland as a producer: I wouldn't expect another MITM & neither KTF.

As i said my expectations are UP also but i would prefer not to get carried away...

When i think of MJ/Timbaland collab, songs in the range of Slave, YRMW, Escape, Blue Gangster, WYWTOM, JT's My Love & What Goes Around, Nelly's Say it Right, TRY AGAIN by AALIYAH or songs like that come to my mind.

Last edited:
Timbaland makes some good sounds.. My only issue or worry is he's not very original.. No stealing or "borrowing " of beats please.. And don't ad lib throughout it.

With a couple producers talking about mj tracks it makes me really wonder what this project is. I wouldn't be surprised if they are working on the same one.. Just different tracks.

For those who may not know timbaland is well know I'm for stealing music from other musicians and using it.. He picks songs that are not played here.. Like middle eastern music and just puts a little hip hop/pop sound to it and uses it.. Michaels abourpt originality..

I just hope that when all these tracks are 'modernised' and put on the album they include the original versions.

I wouldn't mind Timberland producing the album, of coarse, he wouldn't be my first choice.. but not a bad choice.

I would rather Michael Prince and Brad Buxer. Maybe even Nile Rodgers and Daft Punk on some tracks, their sound in their latest album "Random Access Memories" is very MJ inspired.

Obviously if the Will I Am tracks are used, then Will.I. Am should produce them..

but all in all i'm excited about this news.. and i'm usually VERY critical when it comes to MJ releases.

I agree the Estate wants to make money of coarse, i mean they paid over 250 million for the material, however i do think that Michaels untouched demos should be released too. If it were up to me, i'd release the Timberland produced album, then release a "special edition" of the album with MJ's untouched demos.

Back