Timbaland working on MJ tracks?

Teddy is not in the same league as Timbaland. MJ carried him. That's like saying Beib is in MJ league. Lol!

No. I simply said there that it was done to make bigger money. Done for the smash hit. I was 'defending' it in a way due to the disgusting way fans behaved during the time of the leak. Maybe now, like Ivy said, people have learnt a valuable lesson (if the info is true about Tricky)

But you are behaving just the same with Timbaland. We haven't even heard what he would do or if it's true at all he will be on the record for that matter, since all we have is a vauge tweet about it, but you are already sure it would not be any good and that the new album would be "Michael" part 2. At least we heard the Bieber duet and we told our opinion of what we heard not of what we assumed we would hear. Like I said I'm neutral on Timbaland. Could be good, could be bad. But I'll wait with my judgement until I hear what he did. If we will hear such a thing at all. I'm personally more interested in the demos as Michael left them than any remix - be it with Bieber or with Timbaland.

Teddy is not in the same league as Timbaland. MJ carried him. That's like saying Beib is in MJ league. Lol!

I don't agree. Teddy Riley was huge, he was a great producer, he influenced them all (Pharell, Timbaland, Darkchild). Comparing him with Bieber is insulting and stupid.

I think Timbo was great when he was working with Aaliyah and Missy. But after that it seems as if he's been using the same tired beats over and over again. The only song that I really like from recent years is Cry Me A River and that's pretty much it.

But I won't moan until I hear the finished product. Who knows, with the songs being composed by others/MJ it may turn out to be great.

But you are behaving just the same with Timbaland. We haven't even heard what he would do or if it's true at all he will be on the record for that matter, since all we have is a vauge tweet about it, but you are already sure it would not be any good and that the new album would be "Michael" part 2. At least we heard the Bieber duet and we told our opinion of what we heard not of what we assumed we would hear. Like I said I'm neutral on Timbaland. Could be good, could be bad. But I'll wait with my judgement until I hear what he did. If we will hear such a thing at all. I'm personally more interested in the demos as Michael left them than any remix - be it with Bieber or with Timbaland.

But WHY on earth get someone like this in unless they were aiming for a Michael part 2? I don't mean Cascio tracks. I mean using new production by people who were not involved in making the songs. So if they are using new producers, it will be Michael part 2. New production by different people to those who worked on the songs originally. I'm confident it wouldn't be that good because it wouldn't be anything like what Michael wanted. Timbaland is quite a different sound to Michael. Listen to Justin Timberlake's 20/20 album. Michael probably wouldn't do any of that. It isn't his sound. Timbaland is all over that record.

I encourage you to listen to Nelly Furtado 's 2006 'Loose' album, Justin Timberlake stuff & also One Republic (esp. apologize) and you see of what Timbaland is capable.
In the 90's there many more megahits including Ginuwines 'Pony', all of Aaliyah's stuff including worldwide smash 'Try Again' & Missy Elliot's & his own projects..

From another forum RE the person that posted the tweet:

'One fan stated that a friend of hers who work in retail already got word that there's going to be a new MJ album around Christmas time'

any more news regarding this revelation as of yet? sounds exciting :)

Really, if Timberland is working on the album, i honestly don't think this album will be anything like Michael. There is no way the Estate or any producer is dumb enough not to learn from that mistake. I think they know (now especially) how picky (i mean that in a positive way) us MJ fans are, they know we deeply care for Michael, and know how much the music means to us. Sure, they will bring in producers to tweak/modernize the sound, but i honestly don't think they will butcher it like they did with the Michael album.

my only fear really, is with Timberland apparently saying that "after Quincy" comment, i just hope he doesn't take a track from say 08 or 09 and try to make it sound like 1979.. Stay true to the sound, Stay true to Michael's vision, to what Michael left behind..

i honestly think brad buxer and michael prince have been working on the most recent recording's.... timbaland probably on older song's, i dont think timbaland is doing the full album, probably half and half!

You know Michael was a perfectionist right? He admitted to crying right after his Motown 25 performance just because he didn't feel like it was perfect. The fact that all of these unfinished songs are getting everybody's hands on them and are having new vocals added to them, being made into club mixes is not what MJ would of wanted.

I encourage you to listen to Nelly Furtado 's 2006 'Loose' album, Justin Timberlake stuff & also One Republic (esp. apologize) and you see of what Timbaland is capable.
In the 90's there many more megahits including Ginuwines 'Pony', all of Aaliyah's stuff including worldwide smash 'Try Again' & Missy Elliot's & his own projects..

I love some of the stuff you mentioned, but... it's not timeless. The Onerepulic - apologize Remix by Timbaland may sound more fresh at first than the original OneRepublic version. But as time goes by... - I now prefer the original version. Still interested in the Timbaland/MJ tracks though.

With the right song I think Ryan Tedder of OneRepublic would be a good choice for producing or even a duet partner (for the parts where no MJ vocals are available).

Rodney Jerkins also has his "moments". For example Nelly Furtado Spirit Indistructible around 1:20 (vocals, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ej3SmDScjjY). Or a Ciara dance/electro Track from Ciara produced by Rodney: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5BsvBR14xM
But I still would like to have the Rodney Tracks as Michael left them together with an updated one if necessary.

Last edited:
But WHY on earth get someone like this in unless they were aiming for a Michael part 2? I don't mean Cascio tracks. I mean using new production by people who were not involved in making the songs. So if they are using new producers, it will be Michael part 2. New production by different people to those who worked on the songs originally. I'm confident it wouldn't be that good because it wouldn't be anything like what Michael wanted. Timbaland is quite a different sound to Michael. Listen to Justin Timberlake's 20/20 album. Michael probably wouldn't do any of that. It isn't his sound. Timbaland is all over that record.

I do not entirely disagree with you on this, all I'm saying let's wait and see what it will sound like, before we say it will be this or that.

Like I said I'd actually prefer only demos/songs the way Michael left them - I'm personally only interested in those. But I know that's not realistic to wish for, since the Estate/Sony will want to make money. Using producers who worked with Michael is not necessarily a guarantee for anything either - see Teddy Riley on "Michael".

I'd more-so like if it MJ remixed old songs, but I'd be fine with him retooling unreleased stuff, too.

Would have loved if he worked with him when he was alive, though. Amazing producer, along with Pharrell/Neptunes.

I adore this little snippet. I'm wondering if he and Neff-U ever took the piano loop and turned it into a full song. It sounds beautiful.

i agree, it would be amazing if they did a full song! michael's voice sends shivers down one's spine. hoping for a future release if it's recorded partially or in full

I wouldn't mind hearing what he's got cooking. Timbaland is a verrrrrry sample-heavy producer though, I'd hope he'd strike a decent balance between MJ's vibe and sound, and not just layer on a bunch of obscure samples. If all of this even pans out anyway lol....:ermm:

The DJ who broke this news is tweeting about it right now, he seems very rude and obnoxious. There's a lot so I'll let you look for yourself: https://twitter.com/freestylesteve/with_replies

Can't read it. What does he say?

I have read in another tweet he posted that he is a MJ fan and the stuff he heard was very good. Timbo is working on an unreleased track according to him. Can't find the link anymore.

Damn, seems like lots of MJ fans mistake this guy for Max Method. He has no idea wtf people are talking about when naming STTR...

I know, people need to think before they tweet someone. Aside from that basically he's dismissing anyone saying MJ releases should be treated with respect and he's saying fans' opinions don't matter.

I know, people need to think before they tweet someone. Aside from that basically he's dismissing anyone saying MJ releases should be treated with respect and he's saying fans' opinions don't matter.

Thanks for letting us know!

Maybe he is covering for Timbaland. And maybe he means that the songs Tim worked on are a perfect suit for the mainstream public, and not just the fans.

Honestly, Tim is the only producer I trust with MJ vocals. If this collabo is true and it will be released y'all will know what I mean.

The man knows music more than you will know.

Thanks for letting us know!

Maybe he is covering for Timbaland. And maybe he means that the songs Tim worked on are a perfect suit for the mainstream public, and not just the fans.

Honestly, Tim is the only producer I trust with MJ vocals. If this collabo is true and it will be released y'all will know what I mean.

The man knows music more than you will know.

I hope you mean the only producer you trust who has not worked with Michael.

The DJ who broke this news is tweeting about it right now, he seems very rude and obnoxious. There's a lot so I'll let you look for yourself: https://twitter.com/freestylesteve/with_replies

Actually it's MJ fans who are being obnoxious and rude to this guy. He's getting all kinds of horrible messages from 'fans'. Honestly .. some MJ fans are an embarrassment with the way they treat people on Michaels behalf.

no adding vocals of any other artists please. no change of instrumentals to the point they sound like a cat being sick. no over producing to make michael sound like a different person. then, i might be happy.

JT's Producer.....? =/ For yrs he tried to make JT sound like the "new MJ" and now might have the chance with real MJ vocals to work with....must be a dream come true! :rollin:-_- Anyway I do like the music he made with Aaliyah and Missy Elliot yrs ago...but to be honest I don't think he's is a hot producer anymore...."maybe he lost it!"

Back