Timbaland working on MJ tracks?

Who cares if Tim didn't care much for post 80s MJ?
I'd argue that A LOT of Mj fans feel the same say. Mostly because they probably aren't as familiar with the later material.

Doesn't mean he can't still love the old stuff and work on unreleased material.

And Invincible was NOT the album of the decade...

Eclectic collection of random songs again, just like the Michael album would be AMAZING! Capture all the era's and gets lots of different messages in there!11! !1

*High sarcasm intended. Michael's albums to me, reflect times in his life. HIStory stands out as the example. If they have just lumped songs from 1989,1993,1998,2002 etc together, it all has no aim to it. But in saying that, is there enough for a one era album?*

This "one chapter" thing excites me aswell. A whole album of angry Michael again like HIStory with the odd slow beauty? YES PLEASE! HIStory is my favourite album so I'm so biased but :p

maybe the shelved 1999 album? maybe the shelved 2003 album? maybe the will.i.am shelved album? the one chapter thing sounds awesome, and as dr. freeze confirmed blue gangsta and a place with no name (around 2000's) it excites me a little more!

''Q:. How do you know if "A place with No name" and "Blue Gangsta" will be on the next album?

(F):. That, I know. This is confirmed.

Q:. Super, we're eager to hear it! Do you intend to retouch the song "Blue Gangsta" the refresh?

(F):. Indeed, it is already done for "blue gangsta". I have already "refreshed", the song is finalized, ready to come out. It will be completely different from the version which is filtered on the net. It is perfectly calibrated to nightclub. It has a very European sound, in the style of Kraftwerk productions.

Q:. Will keep you the song database? [Quagmire sings it an excerpt]

(F):. Absolutely everything is the same, but it sounds more current.

Q:. You increased the pace?

(F):. No, no. Everything is exactly like this.

Q:. [puzzled] Very well. So to summarize, you have just added a few additional sounds and made a few alterations to "Refresh"?

(F):. That's exactly it. To make an analogy, it is just as if you had shot a film and you then restore it to 3D!''

Last edited:
maybe the shelved 1999 album? maybe the shelved 2003 album? maybe the will.i.am shelved album? the one chapter thing sounds awesome, and as dr. freeze confirmed blue gangsta and a place with no name (around 2000's) it excites me a little more!

''Q:. How do you know if "A place with No name" and "Blue Gangsta" will be on the next album?

(F):. That, I know. This is confirmed.

Q:. Super, we're eager to hear it! Do you intend to retouch the song "Blue Gangsta" the refresh?

(F):. Indeed, it is already done for "blue gangsta". I have already "refreshed", the song is finalized, ready to come out. It will be completely different from the version which is filtered on the net. It is perfectly calibrated to nightclub. It has a very European sound, in the style of Kraftwerk productions.

Q:. Will keep you the song database? [Quagmire sings it an excerpt]

(F):. Absolutely everything is the same, but it sounds more current.

Q:. You increased the pace?

(F):. No, no. Everything is exactly like this.

Q:. [puzzled] Very well. So to summarize, you have just added a few additional sounds and made a few alterations to "Refresh"?

(F):. That's exactly it. To make an analogy, it is just as if you had shot a film and you then restore it to 3D!''

Is this a recent interview?

Don't think so. I recall reading it a few years ago.

Yeh i was gonna say those songs have not been on an album so far so rodney must be talkin wack lol

It will a million years till those songs come out i reckon lol

I agree about Invincible being Michael's weakest album but I think Dangerous was his best, so I definitely disagree that MJ lost it after Quincy. He actually made his best album after Quincy, IMO.

Timbaland is merely just another casual MJ observer. I doubt if he's even listened to an MJ album in full after Bad. He's being called on by the estate not because he's some super fan with a great sense of who MJ was as an artist and musician, but because he's made some hit's for JT recently.

I enjoy some of Timbaland's work. Some of his stuff with Aaliyah for sure. Overall though I think he is overrated and a bit too one dimensional. His work on Jay-Z's latest album is crap IMO.

*High sarcasm intended. Michael's albums to me, reflect times in his life. HIStory stands out as the example. If they have just lumped songs from 1989,1993,1998,2002 etc together, it all has no aim to it. But in saying that, is there enough for a one era album?*

This "one chapter" thing excites me aswell. A whole album of angry Michael again like HIStory with the odd slow beauty? YES PLEASE! HIStory is my favourite album so I'm so biased but :p

Bad Era:
Michael wanted this album to be a triple album, so you know obviously he would have been writing and recording a ton of material, a lot are probably home demos (like Dont be messin round) and a lot where probably finished.

Dangerous Era:
In Joe Vogels book he says MJ "had worked on 70 potential songs for the album" and that was before Teddy Riley had came into the project.
Song's from this Era that are well known in the fan community (just to name a few) are "Men in Black" "Michael Mckellar" "Bottle of Smoke" "Red Eye"

HIStory Era:
In Joe Vogels book he states "forty to fifty tracks were worked on during the sessions"
Songs that are well known in the fan community are "Fear" "Face"

Invincible Era:
There are TONS of outtakes from Invincible, it has been said he "over recorded" big time for this album.
some well known songs are "I have this dream" "A place with no name"

and then post invincible we have these: ( Michael Jackson Estate have copyright on all these titles)
I Was the Loser
Boy No
Adore You
Days In Gloucestershire
I Am A Loser
Jungle
Rocker
Light The Way
11pm
King Tutankhamun
People The World
Butter Funk
Green Hornet Groove
Photographs 2 (instrumental)
Pray For Peace (instrumental)
That (instrumental)
Michael's Affirmation (instrumental)
MJ / BB Orchestral Idea #1
MJ / BB Orchestral Idea #3
MJ / BB Orchestral Idea #2
Brad Loop 3.3.7 MJBang Your Head
Broken Chair
D.I.E.
Don't Make Me Stay
H20
Lady of Summer
Red Eye
Silent Spring
Water

The Classical Music album would also fall into the "Post Invincible Era as well..

So i would say they have well over enough material to where they could an album (maybe even multiple) for each era.
I'm not one of those fans who think there isn't much in the vault... if you couldn't tell.:D

BTW, i didn't post or Off The Wall Ear or Thriller Era in that post because there isn't much info on how many songs where recorded during these sessions..

BTW, i didn't post or Off The Wall Ear or Thriller Era in that post because there isn't much info on how many songs where recorded during these sessions..

I think there's loads in there too, just whether they know that yet or not!

I think there's loads in there too, just whether they know that yet or not!

I wouldn't be surprised if there's more material from the Thriller era, but I don't think theres much more from the Off the Wall era. You might know this already but MJ was in talks with Sony from 2008 until his death for 'Off the Wall 30', but it never really materialised as there wasn't much material from that era or something.

Who cares if Tim didn't care much for post 80s MJ?
I'd argue that A LOT of Mj fans feel the same say. Mostly because they probably aren't as familiar with the later material.

Doesn't mean he can't still love the old stuff and work on unreleased material.

And Invincible was NOT the album of the decade...

But surely he's working on stuff he doesn't think is that good? You ain't a MJ fan if you don't know Dangerous on. His a lot of his best hits came after Quincy some could argue. BOW, TDCAU, Earth Song etc.

Invincible was album of the decade as voted for by Billboard readers I believe. So it WAS album of the decade. (well not really but shh)

I wouldn't be surprised if there's more material from the Thriller era, but I don't think theres much more from the Off the Wall era. You might know this already but MJ was in talks with Sony from 2008 until his death for 'Off the Wall 30', but it never really materialised as there wasn't much material from that era or something.

I think I remember reading OTW30. I only really care for solid, solo MJ. Bad onwards is what interests me. He had his full attention on these records, didn't have to tour/work with his lazy ass brothers. So hopefully, there's plenty from 86' onwards!

Timbaland would probably know stuff like Black Or White, Remember The Time, Scream, and You Are Not Alone post 80s.

One has the full right to express his opinion. 'Incvincible' is also in my opinion the weakest MJ album.

Tim loves the OTW, Thriller and BAD era and I understand why. Those albums were outstanding productions, state of the art mastered and engineered and they contained a lot of catchy, experimental songs.

Invincible was an ok album, but not by MJ standards.

When one says something, we often forget that there is more than meets the eye...

Have faith in Timbaland. He knows what he is doing in this business. He dares things that other producers don't come up with.

Since JT's Sexyback (AWESOME TRACK) any other producer in the business wanted to use that formula in a certain way.

Timbaland is a trend setter, and MJ was too. Perfect match.
To work on Michael Jackson records, you had to be special. I may not agree with the people he worked on, but MJ didn't pick Timbo, did he?! He certainly worked during a period where Timbo could've worked with him, but Michael went elsewhere. Will he do a good job? Who knows. Teddy Riley we all thought would do a good job, and I think he did in some areas but the bridge for HT is a complete slap in MJ's face. Who won't ignore Michael's wants for their own is probably something that needs asking to these producers.

I'm not interested in what Timbaland wants to do with these songs. I'm only here for what Michael Jackson wanted from those songs. It is his name on the cover. It's his work. Respect it, or you shouldn't have the privilege of working on them, imo. Take no credit away from him, the 20/20 was good. I'm looking forward to part 2. But, could he meet Michael Jackson standards? It's one thing working with JT, to working for MJ.

*notice how I said "for MJ." it's all on his behalf now, so it should be done respectfully. the Michael album was lie after lie after lie. let's hope they respect his final wishes for the songs he was working on*

To work on Michael Jackson records, you had to be special. I may not agree with the people he worked on, but MJ didn't pick Timbo, did he?! He certainly worked during a period where Timbo could've worked with him, but Michael went elsewhere. Will he do a good job? Who knows. Teddy Riley we all thought would do a good job, and I think he did in some areas but the bridge for HT is a complete slap in MJ's face. Who won't ignore Michael's wants for their own is probably something that needs asking to these producers.

I'm not interested in what Timbaland wants to do with these songs. I'm only here for what Michael Jackson wanted from those songs. It is his name on the cover. It's his work. Respect it, or you shouldn't have the privilege of working on them, imo. Take no credit away from him, the 20/20 was good. I'm looking forward to part 2. But, could he meet Michael Jackson standards? It's one thing working with JT, to working for MJ.

*notice how I said "for MJ." it's all on his behalf now, so it should be done respectfully. the Michael album was lie after lie after lie. let's hope they respect his final wishes for the songs he was working on*

Timbaland is the last producer on earth who will jeopardize his career just like that.

Someone doesn't have to be a fan to take this JOB. Doesn't mean that you don't respect the artist.

I remember the day that MJ left us, Tim called in at TRL live on MTV, crying, devastated. He respects MJ as an artist and individual much more than you think.

By the way, Missy Elliot and Timbaland were about to work on the VINCE project. But it was because of their schedules that it could not come off the ground.

I feel that there are a lot of people who only know Timbaland for JT songs and recent stuff.

His old stuff was SO different. Not better, but different.

If you wanna be schooled, listen to Aaliyahs last 2 studio albums and all of Missy Elliotts albums (except The Cookbook, where he only did 2 tracks). Also, Ginuwines first 2 or 3 albums.

Not to mention his own solo albums. His album from like 99 "Tims Bio: Life From The Basement" is such a classic.

Timbaland is the last producer on earth who will jeopardize his career just like that.

Someone doesn't have to be a fan to take this JOB. Doesn't mean that you don't respect the artist.

I remember the day that MJ left us, Tim called in at TRL live on MTV, crying, devastated. He respects MJ as an artist and individual much more than you think.

By the way, Missy Elliot and Timbaland were about to work on the VINCE project. But it was because of their schedules that it could not come off the ground.

Not questioning his integrity towards MJ. the whole world cried when he passed. hell even Madonna made that fake speech. But will he respect MJ's direction for a song, or will he want to go his own way? Add his own flavour to it?

Not questioning his integrity towards MJ. the whole world cried when he passed. hell even the witch Madonna made that fake speech. But will he respect MJ's direction for a song, or will he want to go his own way? Add his own flavour to it?

He will not jeopardize his career. Period. If he does goes his own way, the whole world will boycott him.

Don't forget, this is a respected AAA-producer who still is relevant for more than a decade.

He will not jeopardize his career. Period. If he does goes his own way, the whole world will boycott him.

Don't forget, this is a respected AAA-producer who still is relevant for more than a decade.

So you're confident he will do what Michael wanted and have the sound Michael wanted without any of his ad-libs. I see you are more familiar with his work so I'll trust you on this one! :)

So you're confident he will do what Michael wanted and have the sound Michael wanted without any of his ad-libs. I see you are more familiar with his work so I'll trust you on this one! :)

Off course!

The adlibbing part is inevitable. Tim is a proud man and is destined to let the world know he is behind the knobs of The King of Pop, so expect that. It's something to be proud of.

Production wise he will respect MJ's vision.

Yes I am familiar with the whole Timbo discography. This man is all round.

Wait 'till it's released, than you'll know what I mean.

Timbaland is the best you one can get for a long time.

Off course!

The adlibbing part is inevitable. Tim is a proud man and is destined to let the world know he is behind the knobs of The King of Pop, so expect that. It's something to be proud of.

Production wise he will respect MJ's vision.

Yes I am familiar with the whole Timbo discography. This man is all round.

Wait 'till it's released, than you'll know what I mean.

Timbaland is the best you one can get for a long time.

Not sure if I'm comfortable with the adlibs but I haven't heard them yet. They will complement the song I guess?

MJ is not a god, he is an artist.

In the music business everyone is equal. And Tim missed the opportunity to work with him for VINCE, because of Missy Elliot. And MJ went on.

Michael called missy to set up an appointment, but she confessed to Janet that she that it was an imposter. She tells about it in 'The One' documentary.

Your perspective is a little affected by your fandom, which I can understand.

I realize how protective I am against Michael's unfinished music. Almost no matter what, I will not be happy, unless the producer of the new music has already worked on the songs. Maybe not even then, I will accept it. Example Lenny Kravitz on AD for Michael album. And I LOVE Lenny.

I have always been a fan of Timbo's work, love most his work on JT and some other artists he worked with. The thought of Timbo working on Michael records never evern struck me before.

And now that he finally is, I automatically fear it's not a good choice and I can not imagine MJ in Timbo's style fitting. It also worries me how much different he will make the songs compared to the original work - and how we will never know either. Because let's face it, the Estate will NEVER bother releasing an "extra CD with the original demos".

It's like I will never be satisfied unless it's a) left how Michael left it or b) release the original version on a bonus CD AND do a good job on producing the songs.

Timbaland actually spoke out recently against artists using Aaliyah vocals who didn't work with her during her lifetime: http://rapfix.mtv.com/2013/07/24/ti...of-aaliyah-vocals-on-drake-chris-brown-songs/

Like IMWhizzle said, that shows that he understands that situation.

I realize how protective I am against Michael's unfinished music. Almost no matter what, I will not be happy, unless the producer of the new music has already worked on the songs. Maybe not even then, I will accept it. Example Lenny Kravitz on AD for Michael album. And I LOVE Lenny.

I have always been a fan of Timbo's work, love most his work on JT and some other artists he worked with. The thought of Timbo working on Michael records never evern struck me before.

And now that he finally is, I automatically fear it's not a good choice and I can not imagine MJ in Timbo's style fitting. It also worries me how much different he will make the songs compared to the original work - and how we will never know either. Because let's face it, the Estate will NEVER bother releasing an "extra CD with the original demos".

It's like I will never be satisfied unless it's a) left how Michael left it or b) release the original version on a bonus CD AND do a good job on producing the songs.

I never really thought Timbo had a style. Of course his general style is hip hop, electronic and things of the sorts, but if he wants to he can produce any genre. Like everyone else says, Justin Timberlake's The 20/20 Experience is the best example of this. Pusher Love Girl sounds just like Prince; Blue Ocean Floor sounds just like Radiohead; Tunnel Vision sounds just like FutureSex/LoveSounds era Justin; the list goes on and on. And now the more recent single Take Back the Night is Off the Wall era Michael Jackson, and it all works flawlessly IMO.

I'm sure if the estate says, "Fans want the song as close to the original as possible, but complete it," Timbo will do a fine job.

Oh, he def. has a particular style. In 80% of the cases, you can recognize something his Timbaland's work. Sure there are some stuff you think "so this is his style too?", but most not.

Some of the song on 20/20 do indeed sound different and those belong in the remaining 20%.

MJ is not a god, he is an artist.

In the music business everyone is equal. And Tim missed the opportunity to work with him for VINCE, because of Missy Elliot. And MJ went on.

Michael called missy to set up an appointment, but she confessed to Janet that she that it was an imposter. She tells about it in 'The One' documentary.

Your perspective is a little affected by your fandom, which I can understand.

I'm sorry but that is just wrong. Michael Jackson is not on any equal level to let's say Chris Brown. There are differences in the business. Huge ones at times. I am never one to be "affected by fandom" I have often criticized MJ for where I feel he did wrong. Never said MJ was a god. He is just simply better than everything the world has to offer right now. In terms of a total package, no one had what Michael had. There's no equality to that. He was better. He is still better.

i want to hear the over recorded production for invincible, ALL OF THEM. i want all the BAD era tracks, heaven is my calling for those 1985-1989 sessions *.* ALL OF DANGEROUS! a vision of creative masterpieces, HECK I WANT EVERY UNRELEASED SONG *.* sorry :lol:

Well, Timbaland is a well respected producer (20/20 Part 1 impressed me) and he can do a good job on Michael's songs. Just please, don't put your adlibs in MJ's songs.
I'll be happy if they release the original versions of the songs, maybe on a deluxe edition or a separate release on iTunes.

Back