Timbaland working on MJ tracks?

I'm sorry but that is just wrong. Michael Jackson is not on any equal level to let's say Chris Brown. There are differences in the business. Huge ones at times. I am never one to be "affected by fandom" I have often criticized MJ for where I feel he did wrong. Never said MJ was a god. He is just simply better than everything the world has to offer right now. In terms of a total package, no one had what Michael had. There's no equality to that. He was better. He is still better.

Agree. But we're not talking about Chris Brown here.

Timbaland is at the same level as Michael Jackson and more sophisticated than Teddy Riley or Rodney Jerkins when it comes I understanding music.

If they release the demos along with the new mixes, I won't mind as much who they choose to work on the music, to be honest. It seems a lot of us here would like that. Has there been a suggestion made to the estate regarding this? That way there's something for both the general public and the fans.

They won't release the demos with the new mixes. This isn't a matter of selfishness on the estate's part either; it would be more expensive for both the consumer and the estate. That's why Michael was initially hesitant to release HIStory as a two-disc set -- he felt he was cheating fans out of their money because he was giving fans what they have. Besides, I'm sure that any estate wouldn't do it. Tupac's estate issues remixed versions of his songs and withholds the original versions, as have Amy Winehouse's. We're not the only ones.

There will undoubtedly be box sets in the near future. The estate can very easily recreate The Ultimate Collection and give us the original demos on there.

Timbaland is at the same level as Michael Jackson

I-dont-want-to-live-on-this-planet-anymore-97176211932.jpeg

Last edited:
They won't release the demos with the new mixes. This isn't a matter of selfishness on the estate's part either; it would be more expensive for both the consumer and the estate. That's why Michael was initially hesitant to release HIStory as a two-disc set -- he felt he was cheating fans out of their money because he was giving fans what they have.

They can create two versions of the album. One regular for the casual fans and those who are only interested in the remixes and a deluxe version for those who are interested in the demos as well. That way everyone can choose whether to give out more money for the demos or not.

Guys, come on do your homework before you judge someone.

Please listen to songs from Timbaland which he didn't release commercially! He understands music much more than for example Will.I.Am

Don't judge a man before you've walked two moons in his moccasins.

I am talking from a musical perspective. Creativity and being innovative is something I prefer.

Off course in the end music is a personal matter. Some like it rough, some like it soft.

I am just trying to stress the fact that there is more than meets the eye when it comes to Timbaland...

Guys, come on do your homework before you judge someone.

Please listen to songs from Timbaland which he didn't release commercially! He understands music much more than for example Will.I.Am

Don't judge a man before you've walked two moons in his moccasins.

I am talking from a musical perspective. Creativity and being innovative is something I prefer.

Off course in the end music is a personal matter. Some like it rough, some like it soft.

I am just trying to stress the fact that there is more than meets the eye when it comes to Timbaland...

I'm sure there is more than meets they eye with him, and that's all well and good, but it still doesn't make him on the same level as Michael...

I'm sure there is more than meets they eye with him, and that's all well and good, but it still doesn't make him on the same level as Michael...

It's my opinion. :D

And I respect yours.

Your perspective is a little affected by your fandom, which I can understand.
Whizzle, I do not mean anything negative by this at all and of course respect your opinion, but don't you think the same goes for your perspective on the situation, given your opinion of Timbaland? :cheeky:

Agree. But we're not talking about Chris Brown here.

Timbaland is at the same level as Michael Jackson and more sophisticated than Teddy Riley or Rodney Jerkins when it comes I understanding music.
Of course. Imagine if Chris was working on the new album! Bold statement to make there, hope it can be backed up with this album!

I like timbalands music but..... He stole let's say 65% of his beats/instrumentals.. That's not something to be praised as someone who knows music like Michael Jackson. Forbthose who dont know what im talking about.. www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZiTJd5TJRk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

He uses samples like most if not all hip hop producers.
And in his case, it's more so a riff or a small loop and he builds on it (not like, say, P Diddy who basically just recreates old hit songs and does new drums to them).

Just because he has used samples on songs doesn't invalidate his work at all.

You tried, though. C for effort.

Whizzle, I do not mean anything negative by this at all and of course respect your opinion, but don't you think the same goes for your perspective on the situation, given your opinion of Timbaland? :cheeky:

Yes, you're absolutely right.

Off the record: listen to "Let the groove get in" by Justin Timberlake, produced by Timbaland and you'll get an idea what Tim is capable of.

Imagine Michael Jackson singin' this!

Off the record: listen to "Let the groove get in" by Justin Timberlake, produced by Timbaland and you'll get an idea what Tim is capable of.

One of my faves from 20/20! Great song :)

Imagine MJ's amazing vocals on Strawberry Bubblegum. Would not say no.

He uses samples like most if not all hip hop producers.
And in his case, it's more so a riff or a small loop and he builds on it (not like, say, P Diddy who basically just recreates old hit songs and does new drums to them).
I think Timbaland is a much better producer than P. Diddy (not even close). But when you listen to some of the examples in that clip, what Timbaland does on those particular songs is not all that different from what P. Diddy tends to do. Those riffs he samples are what makes those songs. They are not just one of the many samples that give the track colour - they are the focal point of the song. If you take that one sampled loop out of Big Pimpin, you are left with nothing, basically. The biggest difference between those tracks and what P. Diddy generally does, is that P. Diddy tends to sample Western hits that everybody knows, whereas Timbaland sampled Arabic and more obscure music.

I am not against it, but I do not think it is particularly creative either. And I do find it shameful if it is true that he did not credit those artists (the excuse that you did not have time for it simply does not cut it).

Just because he has used samples on songs doesn't invalidate his work at all.
Well that I agree with of course.

Haha, appreciate the honesty!

I just checked out that song on YT and just the third comment from top says: "Sounds like Michael Jackson wanna be starting something?". LOL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jfe_-dgoXhs

We don't know for sure if this true but I think we should keep an open mind and give it a chance. With all the negative crap lately something like this can be a positive experience. Something to look forward to. I am willing to give it a chance.

Love THAT song and 'Don't hold the wall'. Everything about it is so nice.

For me, hands down the album of the year and I'm so hyped for the part 2 next month. It's been months since part 1 and I'm still playing it almost daily.

For me, hands down the album of the year and I'm so hyped for the part 2 next month. It's been months since part 1 and I'm still playing it almost daily.

I couldn't agree with you more. Most definitely the best album of the year. Great music!

I was underr the impression that the consensus within the estate was to leave material on future releases untouched. Perhaps that was just for Bad 25.

I personally think there's a difference between a fan targeted release and a general public release.

Bad 25 was aimed at fans and had untouched demos. General public wouldn't care for the demos and if interested they would have bought the original Bad album for 1/2 1/3rd of the price of Bad 25.

If this is going to a posthumous release with all previously unreleased songs. I would expect it to be touched, or in any words be finished or mixed, remixed. You really cannot sell unfinished songs to the public.

One can hope that there would be two versions though. One for the general public and another one aiming to the fans like a collector version which also includes the untouched versions of the songs.

Umm that's not sampling!! Lol. That's stealing.. Sampling music is taking a portion of a song and reusing it.. And we can't leave out the legal actions that need to take place to do that. Now for example when diddy makes a song, he gets the permission to use and gives credit for it as he legally is forced to.
Timbaland takes from music that the general public would not know and calls it his own.. Like vanilla ice did.. He stole a songs intramental not sampled..

Me personally id rather have Tim work on mj tracks over diddy. I was just using it as an example..

Umm that's not sampling!! Lol. That's stealing.. Sampling music is taking a portion of a song and reusing it.. And we can't leave out the legal actions that need to take place to do that. Now for example when diddy makes a song, he gets the permission to use and gives credit for it as he legally is forced to.
Timbaland takes from music that the general public would not know and calls it his own.. Like vanilla ice did.. He stole a songs intramental not sampled..

Me personally id rather have Tim work on mj tracks over diddy. I was just using it as an example..

Diddy is the worst rapper and producer in the business if you ask me.

No talent at all, hugely talented when it comes to retail business and marketing though.

And don't forget his party's on expensive yachts.

Justin's album was such a disappointment, apart from Mirror and the track with Jay-Z. To me it just sounded so dated and was so backward thinking. That Take Back The Night is nice enough, but again, its ground hes already tread and not particularly memorable if you ask me. I find this about the bulk of Timbaland's more recent material.

In contrast, Daft Punk did something truly daring and really challenged themselves. For me, Random Access Memories is the album of the year.

Justin's album was such a disappointment, apart from Mirror and the track with Jay-Z. To me it just sounded so dated and was so backward thinking. That Take Back The Night is nice enough, but again, its ground hes already tread and not particularly memorable if you ask me. I find this about the bulk of Timbaland's more recent material.

In contrast, Daft Punk did something truly daring and really challenged themselves. For me, Random Access Memories is the album of the year.

Really? For me, Random Access Memories is dreadfully boring. There are one or two songs that catch my attention (Get Lucky and the album closer, I don't remember the name right now) but overall it's much more backward looking then 20/20. 20/20, on the other hand, had old genres, new genres, up tempo songs, down tempo songs. Like others have said, 20/20 is the album of the year for me, and I'll eb first in line to buy part two next month.

Of course I respect your opinion. Just interjecting my thoughts :)

Back