Timbaland working on MJ tracks?

gif-animado-gato-lixando-a-unha_large.gif

Me too! :fear:

It's nice everyone's being so positive etc, but i don't like him as a producer and think he's so generic and his work is often boring. I hope i am wrong, i really do, it's just i expect these to be bad indeed, boring and generic and i think a lot of you will be very dissapointed, like i say though, hopefully i will be wrong.

It's nice everyone's being so positive etc, but i don't like him as a producer and think he's so generic and his work is often boring. I hope i am wrong, i really do, it's just i expect these to be bad indeed, boring and generic and i think a lot of you will be very dissapointed, like i say though, hopefully i will be wrong.

Hope you're wrong too :lol:

I’m fine with him working on some Michael tracks. I can’t say I’m jumping up and down with excitement, because his most recent work that I’m familiar with is Timberlake’s 20/20, which I don’t care for at all. But I’m sure I like some of Timbaland’s other work better.

And besides, no matter who they choose as a producer, some are going to love it and some are not. It just isn’t possible to find a producer that everyone in the fandom is 100 % happy with. I know Timbaland is a respected producer, and I’m optimistic that he will do a good job with Michael’s songs.

Really? For me, Random Access Memories is dreadfully boring. There are one or two songs that catch my attention (Get Lucky and the album closer, I don't remember the name right now) but overall it's much more backward looking then 20/20. 20/20, on the other hand, had old genres, new genres, up tempo songs, down tempo songs. Like others have said, 20/20 is the album of the year for me, and I'll eb first in line to buy part two next month.

Of course I respect your opinion. Just interjecting my thoughts :)

RAM had 'uptempo' and 'downtempo' tracks too. But I don't think this is what makes a good album necessarily. I'd love to know why you think RAM is 'backward looking' however unfortunately this is not the topic to discuss which of these two albums we favour more. As I said, Daft Punk did something daring and challenged themselves and the point I was making is that Timbaland hasn't in quite some time.

Everyone has a different ear and likes different music.. Some like very "dance music" while others don't think that music is anything to dance to. Some people like heavy rock some can't stand it.. With an artist like Michael and the music he created it captures people from all walks and every ear type. That's a part of what made him the greatest..

When we are all fans of Michael yet like different music in general we can't forget that.. That everyone's ear is different even though we appreciate mjs music.

Chicago? As in Chicago 1945?
I'm more interested in it untouched, but still excited at Timbaland doing work with his vocals.

"Two kings working together." Dude please...

In any case, this seems confirmed now. Guess we will get an announcement soon.

Chicago? As in Chicago 1945?
I'm more interested in it untouched, but still excited at Timbaland doing work with his vocals.
I thought about that too. Wonder if he used the early Bad era or the later Invincible era version.

Last edited:
Can't wait for an official statement from MJ estate and/or SONY!!

NEW ALBUM OUT THIS YEAR I THINK !! - Great!

I can't wait...

Wonder if he used the early Bad era or the later Invincible era version.

I'm hoping the Invincible version, only because that's already modernized enough that I would imagine very few touch ups would be necessary. Then again, maybe it's a new Chicago entirely! In any case, I am pumped.

His voice on my music? did he say that? really say that? "watch me go?" this is Michael Jackson's album not yours dude what on earth

This is just upsetting to me. I thought the idea would be to have these producers finish the songs as Michael is not here to do so, I did not expect producers to completely change Michael's music to suit them.

"Now you're gonna hear his voice on my music." -- This speaks for itself in my opinion.

His voice on my music? did he say that? really say that? "watch me go?" this is Michael Jackson's album not yours dude what on earth

Pretty egotistical, but if he does a good job, I'll allow it! :p

We could get a deluxe edition album, 2nd disc featuring original demos?

We don't know yet - lets wait and see. An up-tempo MJ song with Timbaland production released and promoted properly would storm the charts.

We could get a deluxe edition album, 2nd disc featuring original demos?

We don't know yet - lets wait and see. An up-tempo MJ song with Timbaland production released and promoted properly would storm the charts.

Who cares?! Bad 25 was a gem and not one fan really cared about what it placed on no crappy chart. I honestly think the Michael album was brilliant first time of hearing it, apart from you know... maybe it'll be the same this time around? Another Hollywood Tonight style, classic MJ song would be the bomb.

how dare he...i can't go on with my day...

oh dear. it's just strange to see him claim he is on the level of Michael Jackson.

*he may not be a dick but he certainly acts like one in this*

Yeah....

oh dear. it's just strange to see him claim he is on the level of Michael Jackson.

*he may not be a dick but he certainly acts like one in this*
Timbaland is known to be very arrogant.

For example:
http://www.theguardian.com/music/2006/aug/08/urban.popandrock
http://www.inthemix.com/news/47077/Timbaland_says_he_started_dubstep

yes, let's hate the songs before we hear a single note.

yes, let's hate the songs before we hear a single note.

not hating any songs yet. just hating the way this has been done, and how this man has carried himself regarding my idol's unreleased music -one of the only things we can look forward to as fans.

^^

semantics. hate songs, timbaland, announcement etc. what you hate doesn't matter. my point was about almost instant negativity even before this was confirmed to be official.

perhaps once we can try to give projects a chance? no?

I hope Chicago is not Chicago 1945 because that song was re-worked with Rodney Jerkins and he should be the one to produce it for the release.

Also he is mentioning L.A. Reid giving him the songs.. I hope it's not Slave To The Rhythm although it would be nice to hear his version of the song because Tricky's version sucks in my opinion.

I hope the tracks won't leak! That would ruin every chance for the chart success. Maybe it's to early for videos like this - this will attract more and more thieves to his studio.

I like the video and I don't mind his self-promoting and bragging - that's just part of the promotion. He just need to do a great job and everything else won't matter. Also original versions would be nice as bonus CD.

Also he is mentioning L.A. Reid giving him the songs.. I hope it's not Slave To The Rhythm although it would be nice to hear his version of the song because Tricky's version sucks in my opinion.

I don't remember him saying that L.A. actually gave him the songs, but rather that L.A. informed him on the project. And he and Michael worked on several songs together, so you never know!

I don't remember him saying that L.A. actually gave him the songs, but rather that L.A. informed him on the project. And he and Michael worked on several songs together, so you never know!

He said: "L.A. Reid came to me.. like.. to my house..", so I think he gave him the songs (of course with approval of MJ's Estate) which is normal because he is the chairman and CEO of Epic Records, a division of Sony Music and yes he probably have more than one song he did with MJ.

Back