Timbaland working on MJ tracks?

I think the estate is only planning one or two more albums for the duration of the Sony contract. Further down the road there could always be a collectors label, but for the time being that's probably what we're getting.

The estate has enough material for five albums (possibly more), but this spans over a 30+ year period from the mid '70s to at least the spring of 2009. I don't know exactly how much material is available from Michael's last fifteen years (1994 to 2009), but it certainly isn't enough for five albums, unfortunately.

better not be the end of any projects in 2017 because if it is then, ehmm.. lol. but 11 hard drives with more to be discovered?? im sure there could be, with those 40-60 unknown and still to be discovered tracks?

better not be the end of any projects in 2017 because if it is then, ehmm.. lol. but 11 hard drives with more to be discovered?? im sure there could be, with those 40-60 unknown and still to be discovered tracks?

Yes, of the remaining five projects in the Sony contract, only one is promised to be a new album with options opened for a second.

Let's keep in mind that Michael Prince only confirmed that he found SOME undiscovered gems. As far as any of us know, he could have found three releasable songs. Or he could have found early demo recordings of some already-released tunes. Or he could have found alternate versions. Anything is possible.

We shouldn't assume these things because we will undoubtedly be disappointed.

Now that the Jacksons/AEG can stop dragging Michael's name through the dirt, let's get this album out.

Yes quick before the next big court case threatens to ruin MJ's reputation further.

I think the MJ Estate would like to allow some time for the AEG trial headlines to die down before announcing the next project, but in all seriousness there is only a limited time between now and the Wade Robson stuff creating negative headlines again so I hope they get on with it soon. My big worry is that the Wade allegations and possible trial in June next year will overshadow the 5th anniversary of MJ's death.

Yes quick before the next big court case threatens to ruin MJ's reputation further.

My big worry is that the Wade allegations and possible trial in June next year will overshadow the 5th anniversary of MJ's death.

This anniversary can not be "overshadowed" imo. The general public simply doesn't care about something like 5th anniversary of MJ's death.
But they will hear unnecessary allegitions from "poor" (greedy) W.R.

News coverage said it best yesterday, regardless of trials, Michael's legacy cannot be tarnished. He'll always be known as the greatest entertainer of this era, and he'll continue to have his doubters who will choose to bypass facts. But at the end of the day his artistry is etched in stone. With that said, I don't see why the estates decision would be much affected by court cases regarding an album announcement.

This is crazy. It has almost gone to the point that we have to defend MJ more now than we did when he was alive. It's time for some true authentic music now. All the other garbage can burn.

After listening to the JT part 2 of 2 for some time now, I can safely say that I trust Timbo with what he is doing. Of course, I would prefer untouched, you know me, but Timbo is chosen, so be it.

Both Part 1 and 2 are amazing, and I honestly love every single song on both albums.

After listening to the JT part 2 of 2 for some time now, I can safely say that I trust Timbo with what he is doing. Of course, I would prefer untouched, you know me, but Timbo is chosen, so be it.

Both Part 1 and 2 are amazing, and I honestly love every single song on both albums.

I would love it if Timbo could capture the elements and essence from You Got it On (2/2) and somehow make it work on an MJ track. That track reminds me of MJ alot.

glad the trial is over, but this album needs to come asap.. i mean, michael's children deserve our money after the family losing the case.. we can all help towards it.. please, make an announcement in the coming weeks for a christmas release!!

The thing this album needs is HITS!! and the promotion to make that happen.. If they are not going to promote and make sales to be MICHAEL JACKSON sales than there is little reason to release the album.. Even if someone here does not care about sales, the main drive behind working on unfinished work of the an artist that passed away is to make money..

For them to make money, it would be in there best interest to do it right!!! all get something out of it, they make the $$ they want, we get great music, and everyone gets to hear it..

glad the trial is over, but this album needs to come asap.. i mean, michael's children deserve our money after the family losing the case.. we can all help towards it.. please, make an announcement in the coming weeks for a christmas release!!

Off topic, but the case really wasn't for them nor did they need the money from it. The children are going to make money and reap the benefits of their fathers music regardless.

MJs kids certainly don't need anymore money they have plenty. Us on the other deserve new music and fast. If wades case goes to trail it won't be good. I personally can't take anymore trials I would have to toon it out. We've had 3 major trials including the 05 case. MJ is becoming a side show again music being overshadowed by controversy it needs to end now. Make a announcement next week release a single we need something positive now! Don't forget Murray is getting out real soon let's drowned him out with the music. Come on Estate do something already.

Yes, of the remaining five projects in the Sony contract, only one is promised to be a new album with options opened for a second.

Let's keep in mind that Michael Prince only confirmed that he found SOME undiscovered gems. As far as any of us know, he could have found three releasable songs. Or he could have found early demo recordings of some already-released tunes. Or he could have found alternate versions. Anything is possible.

We shouldn't assume these things because we will undoubtedly be disappointed.

last 5 projects, im gonna hedge a guess at.. HIStory Tour Cinema, new album, dangerous 25, immortal tour/MJOne blu ray and duets album? hope i'm wrong and it'll be a bad tour blu-ray instead of immortal tour or duets album though. of course these are just predictions but they seem likely..

Sony are going to be so pissed. 250 million and I guess they haven't done that well with it, but less than amazing releases, what do you expect?!

Sony are going to be so pissed. 250 million and I guess they haven't done that well with it, but less than amazing releases, what do you expect?!

They need a massive advertising campaign for this one IMO. They can't expect it to sell well when it's only MJ fans buying it. I know it's not all about money, but I feel like more people need to be reminded of Michael's music. Especially after this awful trial.

If AEG took new MJ music to another company, does Sony have any rights to THAT MJ music considering it was never established through Sony? Or the fact its MJ music and MJ music under the catalogue it would include Sony? If so they would have very little reason to work with MJ estate to release music for another company after these deals are over!!

I honestly don't see the MJ estate leaving Sony even after this all.. My GUESS is that they will re negotiate and come to an agreement that includes a revised contract with promotion etc.

Maybe Im missing something here!

They really need to premote the album when it does eventually come out, I mean they had giant statues of MJ for the HIStory album there are lots of new fans just getting into MJ get the message out to them and beyond.

Last edited:
^ They do and with Social media the way its built now.. We can help too! Word spreads faster than ever now..

You aren't going to get HIStory style campaigns, that was unprecedented. Everyone knew that was coming out, released on the Friday for £30 still number one on the monday I believe. Crazy! We need something solid for this though, and ASAP

If AEG took new MJ music to another company, does Sony have any rights to THAT MJ music considering it was never established through Sony? Or the fact its MJ music and MJ music under the catalogue it would include Sony? If so they would have very little reason to work with MJ estate to release music for another company after these deals are over!!

I honestly don't see the MJ estate leaving Sony even after this all.. My GUESS is that they will re negotiate and come to an agreement that includes a revised contract with promotion etc.

Maybe Im missing something here!

Im confused about your AEG reference? They do not have rights to nor own any MJ music (never did) and they sold the rights to all the TII footage to Sony. MJ Estate now owns all of MJ music. Sony has publishing rights per 7 yr contract. Anyway thats how I understood it. I also agree the MJ Estate will Negotiate another contract with Sony. There is no reason to go elsewhere. They are set up already for everything MJ ..

Im confused about your AEG reference? They do not have rights to nor own any MJ music (never did) and they sold the rights to all the TII footage to Sony. MJ Estate now owns all of MJ music. Sony has publishing rights per 7 yr contract. Anyway thats how I understood it. I also agree the MJ Estate will Negotiate another contract with Sony. There is no reason to go elsewhere. They are set up already for everything MJ ..

great, and i hope this contract lasts longer and it's more open to the change of standard to video releases (blu-ray) hope they're still looking in the archive for everything they have from over all the years, it'd be great to see what kinda releases they would be planning if they do sign another contract though!

It's their fault. They insisted on including Cascio songs on the first album. Also they released youtube quality videos on Vision and VHS quality concert on Bad25 in 21 century! What were they expecting?

Back