Timbaland working on MJ tracks?

I just hope the new album WILL come this year!!

I can't wait anymore !!!

They need a massive advertising campaign for this one IMO.

They can have the biggest advertising campaign ever in the history of music industry.. but if the product is c.r.a.p (like Vision, MICHAEL, Bad25 VHS) it won't matter. You can package c.r.a.p in beautiful cover and promote it like it is gold.. but when people open the package they will see what it really is.

So first of all they need a good product (and that is not really that hard considering what MJ left them), and then they can begin to think about advertising campaign (wich is also important but only if you have something worth promoting!)

If AEG took new MJ music to another company, does Sony have any rights to THAT MJ music considering it was never established through Sony? Or the fact its MJ music and MJ music under the catalogue it would include Sony? If so they would have very little reason to work with MJ estate to release music for another company after these deals are over!!

I honestly don't see the MJ estate leaving Sony even after this all.. My GUESS is that they will re negotiate and come to an agreement that includes a revised contract with promotion etc.

Maybe Im missing something here!

AEG don't have any MJ music. They only had This Is It footage wich they sold to Sony Pictures for $60 million. Michael Jackson's Estate owns ALL Michael Jackson's music. Sony Music have distribution rights to MJ's music until 2017. They don't own his songs though.

They can have the biggest advertising campaign ever in the history of music industry.. but if the product is c.r.a.p (like Vision, MICHAEL, Bad25 VHS) it won't matter. You can package c.r.a.p in beautiful cover and promote it like it is gold.. but when people open the package they will see what it really is.

So first of all they need a good product (and that is not really that hard considering what MJ left them), and then they can begin to think about advertising campaign (wich is also important but only if you have something worth promoting!)

I agree very much!!

I hope they make the next album GREAT !!! - Use the BEST songs and make the album HUGE !!!

IFFF - Sony does a bad job with this next release.. I would pretty much prefer any other release of music be done post 2017.. (Is it through the year 2017 they have it or 2017 it is free from Sony?)

I think there should be a 3 year gap between albums anyways so...

If there's an album this year there has got to be some sorta confirmation this month. The Michael album was confirmed way back in June or July of that year! If we don't hear anything this month (doesnt have to be the announcement) then I think it's safe to say there won't be one this year. I do believe though (and hope) they are just waiting for news around the aeg trial to die down. I still predict some sort of official word mid to late October.

IFFF - Sony does a bad job with this next release.. I would pretty much prefer any other release of music be done post 2017.. (Is it through the year 2017 they have it or 2017 it is free from Sony?)

i think more of a 5 year gap between each release of an album! wouldn't want the material to dissolve that quickly and it'll give more time for song's to be discovered also

If there's an album this year there has got to be some sorta confirmation this month. The Michael album was confirmed way back in June or July of that year! If we don't hear anything this month (doesnt have to be the announcement) then I think it's safe to say there won't be one this year. I do believe though (and hope) they are just waiting for news around the aeg trial to die down. I still predict some sort of official word mid to late October.

Not necessarily. Back in June or July 2010 all that was known about MICHAEL was that it was due out by the end of the year, which is pretty much what we know now.

the thing that lately has been coming back in my mind is when timbaland said something along the lines of you have to be a true mj fan to appreciate what he's about to do.. That comment worries me just a bit cuz real big hits would have everyone appreciate the work not a select fan base..

I hope the whole album has great tracks that could be successful .. At least 4 hit tracks that could get radio play

I have a strong feeling that there’ll be no album this year… There’s too much things going on.
IMO the Executors, producers and so on can “successfully” work over the new album for yet one year or more. Really. I doubt that there’ll be any release before the end of Wade’s story.

On the other hand, if so it will take forever to wait for the right moment.

Allusio;3914058 said:
I have a strong feeling that there’ll be no album this year… There’s too much things going on.
IMO the Executors, producers and so on can “successfully” work over the new album for yet one year or more. Really. I doubt that there’ll be any release before the end of Wade’s story.

Then there will be no new release for years. Wade's crap can be dragged out for years!

Estate signed a contract with Sony for 10 projects (we still don't now which projects) until 2017. So if they signed for example 3 albums of unreleased material they are obliged to deliver 3 albums.

new album should come out before christmas, for the marketing sales and promotion on offer then! they can even do MJ christmas cards, always wanted one :D but the wade case, we already know the verdict ''not guilty'' he has no evidence and is simply doing this for tv coverage and to hurt who he called his ''friend'' -_-

new album should come out before christmas, for the marketing sales and promotion on offer then! they can even do MJ christmas cards, always wanted one :D but the wade case, we already know the verdict ''not guilty'' he has no evidence and is simply doing this for tv coverage and to hurt who he called his ''friend'' -_-

Yeah, he should be ashamed.

Yeah, he should be ashamed.

The estate are not waiting for the wade case no way. They had plans for a new album long before the aligations. Sony wants a return on there investment why do you think timbaland was brought on the project. No sense getting all worried about it not happening it is. My money is on sooner than later. If Sony and the estate wait on every court case there would never be a new release. In the words of our man "Brace yourself" it's on the way!

The estate's contract with Sony simply outlined ten Michael Jackson related projects. It was very vague. They never made a commitment to release a certain number of albums.

The AEG case is finally over, and Wade's court date (which, for those who still don't understand, isn't a trial) isn't until next summer, I believe. The best thing the estate should do is put out the album at the end of the year, promote it as long as they can, step back, allow Wade's case to be thrown out due to a substantial lack of incriminating evidence, and then move on to whatever the next project is.

The estate are not waiting for the wade case no way. They had plans for a new album long before the aligations. Sony wants a return on there investment why do you think timbaland was brought on the project. No sense getting all worried about it not happening it is. My money is on sooner than later. If Sony and the estate wait on every court case there would never be a new release. In the words of our man "Brace yourself" it's on the way!

:D

Saw Admin had posted - thought there was some news! Still waiting..

just want to hear the kings voice in something new! I don't even care if there are unfinished demos i'd be happy listening to straight acapelas if they were the only thing to exist

We've Had Enough i hope is a possibility for this record, that song is so beautiful, so strong, it deserves a lot more recognition then it receives! just cos' it's on a not very well known album, doesn't mean it should not be released. just like with 'fall again' that song is wonderful also imo.

We've Had Enough i hope is a possibility for this record, that song is so beautiful, so strong, it deserves a lot more recognition then it receives! just cos' it's on a not very well known album, doesn't mean it should not be released. just like with 'fall again' that song is wonderful also imo.

Both those titles are great but... I'm hoping for previously unreleased songs. I'm sure we will get a few leaked tracks reworked that would be expected. I'm not looking to buy repackaged songs anymore. We have spent enough money on that sort of thing. IMO

This is a NEW album. I don't want old stuff. I should be buying a CD with 10 or so BRAND NEW songs on it. There are enough Greatest Hits/Reissues out there, this is the chance for us fans to see what he was working on before he passed.

This is a NEW album. I don't want old stuff. I should be buying a CD with 10 or so BRAND NEW songs on it. There are enough Greatest Hits/Reissues out there, this is the chance for us fans to see what he was working on before he passed.

we've already got 2 song's post trial! i'm hoping for all song's to be from pre trial this time around so the last album can have michael's final recording's.. would be cool!! use song's from 1994-2002 this time, that's the way the estate should go :) save the gems for later :D

we've already got 2 songs post trial! i'm hoping for all songs to be from pre-trial this time around so the last album can have michael's final recordings.. would be cool!! use songs from 1994-2002 this time, that's the way the estate should go :) save the gems for later :D

Post 2005? No more rehash. This is meant to be a new album, when it was recorded is irrelevant right now.

Post 2005? No more rehash. This is meant to be a new album, when it was recorded is irrelevant right now.

pre 2005 for this album, they should focus on keeping the post trial song's as long as possible! as well as the one's still to be discovered (home demo's, bahrain etc.) and there are unheard demo's from 1997-2002. completely certain.

pre 2005 for this album, they should focus on keeping the post trial songs as long as possible! as well as the one's still to be discovered (home demo's, bahrain etc.) and there are unheard demo's from 1997-2002. completely certain.

Yes of course but we don't know how good those are. I'm not asking for years or titles simply because I've got no idea what it is/how complete it is.

Yes of course but we don't know how good those are. I'm not asking for years or titles simply because I've got no idea what it is/how complete it is.

i completely understand, and i just think. one album down, best of joy slightly over produced. precious song from 2008, i think Brad Buxer & Michael Prince should be brought in for the album after this to work on the whole album. using the last ever song's michael recorded. but not all of them of course, i just think the final song's are too precious to give to ''current artists/producers'' you know? :)

The new album will have at least one previously heard song on it (not counting Blue Gangsta), that much is almost certain. I'm personally holding out for an updated mix of Beautiful Girl, assuming one with more finalized vocals exist.

Not necessarily. Back in June or July 2010 all that was known about MICHAEL was that it was due out by the end of the year, which is pretty much what we know now.

Yes but at that time Sony/Estate actually got in touch with various media people regarding the album. Telling them who was working on the album, how many tracks were expected etc. Yet here we are with two months before the end of the year and absolute nothing has been confirmed by an official source. Thats the difference.

Back