"This Is It" Now airing on MICHAELJACKSON.COM { WARNING! NO POSTING OF DOWNLOAD LINKS ALLOWED }

Re: "This Is It" to be unveiled at MIDNIGHT on Oct 12th on MICHAELJACKSON.COM

Enterprising fans online, however, quickly found that "This Is It" is not exactly new. It bears a strong resemblance to "I Never Heard," a 1991 track by the R&B singer Sa-Fire that was written by Jackson and Paul Anka. Stringer said that until this was pointed out by sleuthing fans, he had not known about the connection. "I really have no idea what the origins of the song are," he said.

haha. wheres the spy?

I've decided that this song is poo.

Buy the album, its about keeping Michael's legacy alive.

Is there a YouTube link for this song?

People will complain if there's something to complain about.

so true.... there is a difference btwn opinions and complaining... some on here are doing both....like i said b4 on another thread, hell from here on out all his "new" stuff will be "old".... so we might as well get use to stuff sounding dated... ppl that are fans of his dangerous/history vocals wld be a lil bit more happy if a song from that era was releasedfans of the invincible era wld be happy if one of those songs got released... so on and so on...Like MeMe fan said, there is more to come, you may not like this one, but eventually there may be a song you do like... hell we have waited "patiently" b4 we can do it again....

people please stop letting sony rip you off!!!!!! if you keep buying the greatest hits repackages then they many never release new stuff!!! if all they got to do to make money is keep releasing old hits!! imagine the sony people saying "those m.j fan's, what a bunch of fools, all we gotta do is repackage his old songs, maybe add a demo, and there buy it!! lol, infact in 2010 lets release another greatest hits, but we're just put the songs in a different order than the last one!!"

I thought when they decided to add it to Disk 1 as it is the closing title of the setlist from the concert... :scratch:
its played at the end of the film over the credits. it had nothing to do with the concert. sony have just found it and added the music and brothers vocals to it and are using it for promo

Check this out, it is best seller on Amazon UK!!

Screenshot:
mjamazonuktti.jpg

Last edited:

I've decided that this song is poo.

wow so this is a Micheal Jackson fan site I mean seriously?
I know that healthy criticism is allowed but this is just stupid and immature something I would expect in other boards
oh well I guess ppl love to complain and coz drama :smilerolleyes:

It is a beautiful song. Unfinished but his voice makes up for it. Such a beautiful voice.

dunno. im a bit disappointed and i actually dont want to buy the album..
i feel sad for him somehow :(

I'm just listening to "This Is It" right now. I just can't wait to get my hands on that album.

WooWW everyone loves the song at my work. It will be huge hit. THis is it is the oldschool Mike everyone was missing and now he is back!Everyone loves the old Mike. One friend told me he stoped listening to Mike when Dangerous came out his sound was so agressive etc but the new This is it song he likes very miuch so much soul in it.
At my work at least 5 people will buy the This is it album because of the song.
I played it at least 12 times today in my car and I must say the song is better than anything on Invincible.
Thank you Mike!

I like the song a lot. Nice melody. A shame it's just a demo recording.

But I'd rather see Shout or We've Had Enough released as singles right now. They're much MUCH better and truly visionary. Top MJ quality. Or What More Can I Give or Escape. Or any other song post Dangerous that we don't know of.

But I'd rather see Shout or We've Had Enough released as singles right now. They're much MUCH better and truly visionary. Top MJ quality. Or What More Can I Give or Escape. Or any other song post Dangerous that we don't know of.

NOOOOOOO. Shout is awful and I don´t like Escape(his voice.on that track..not good) and What More Can I give very much.

Sony should release more songs form the Golden era when MJ was the biggest star on earth. So I look most forward to early 80s songs. Songs from Dangerous etc don´t interest me so much because he hadn´t had the success like in the 80s because great melody and on some tracks his soulful voice is missing in the 90s. The best 90s track is Someone put your Hand out.
But I don´t like songs like Serious Effect, Shout(his worst song).

Hmmmm.... I've heard the song 4 times now over the course of the morning and while it is great to hear something new (or at least unreleased) I am shocked that it sounds so unfinished - didn't Sony remix this within the last couple of months?!! Why is the song going to radio sounding like a demo? I really hope the "Orchestral Version" will be a great improvement, musically.

A friend at work said she heard it and thought it was "really nice" - and while agree, I certainly doesn't grab you or feel like a hit single. As I stated in another post, IMO this version should have been labelled as a "demo" and put on Disc 2. The 2009 version will hopefully have more impact.

Totally agree. I'd personally love 'We've Had Enough'. Lurveeee that song!

WooWW everyone loves the song at my work. It will be huge hit. THis is it is the oldschool Mike everyone was missing and now he is back!Everyone loves the old Mike. One friend told me he stoped listening to Mike when Dangerous came out his sound was so agressive etc but the new This is it song he likes very miuch so much soul in it.
At my work at least 5 people will buy the This is it album because of the song.
I played it at least 12 times today in my car and I must say the song is better than anything on Invincible.
Thank you Mike!

Fantastic!

thanks for sharing ;)

Hmmmm.... I've heard the song 4 times now over the course of the morning and while it is great to hear something new (or at least unreleased) I am shocked that it sounds so unfinished - didn't Sony remix this within the last couple of months?!! Why is the song going to radio sounding like a demo? I really hope the "Orchestral Version" will be a great improvement, musically.

A friend at work said she heard it and thought it was "really nice" - and while agree, I certainly doesn't grab you or feel like a hit single. As I stated in another post, IMO this version should have been labelled as a "demo" and put on Disc 2. The 2009 version will hopefully have more impact.

gotta say I feel the same way...

All in all I still enjoy the new song.

The 2009 version will hopefully have more impact.

This is the 2009 version. The original version is just his voice and piano. So we all have heard the orchestra version already.

Check this out, it is best seller on Amazon UK!!

Screenshot:
mjamazonuktti.jpg
:clapping: Great!!!!

And I was surprised when I listened the music, because it was slow tempo sound. And I'm sure the song is quite wonderful:thumbs_up:
But I'm thinking about it I have to buy the album...:(

I love the track, so beautiful!

Say what??!

Shout is my least fav MJ song.

I like songs like Someone put your Hand out, Music and Me, With a childs Heart, Here I am etc. ANd i Luvvvvv This is it. Triumph is my fav MJ album! I love tracks like This place Hotel, Can you feel it, your Ways etc.

Isn't it a fake??

No it is a outtake I think the Backstreet Boys recorded the song also or was it just the Carter Guy?? Anyway really and I mean really bad song! So Alec wants Shout to be released a song that was already recorded by a Backstreet Boy-Pfui!

Last edited:

No it is a outtake I think the Backstreet Boys recorded the song also or was it just the Carter Guy?? Anyway really and I mean really bad song!

Oh yes I confirmed it here:

http://www.amazon.com/Cry-Michael-Jackson/dp/B00005S7VR

It is part of the single CD of "Cry"

Track Listings:
1. Cry
2. Shout
3. Streetwalker
4. Cry [Multimedia Track]

31ZMNDQQ51L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

I didn't pay much attention to this song but I knew it was out there.

Me too I love the 80s music... including "Place Hotel" I love it :wub:

Back