"This Is It" Now airing on MICHAELJACKSON.COM { WARNING! NO POSTING OF DOWNLOAD LINKS ALLOWED }

Re: "This Is It" Now airing on MICHAELJACKSON.COM { WARNING! NO POSTING OF DOWNLOAD LINKS ALLOWED }

It's a nice song, lovely to hear Michael's 'young' voice again, gives me a very nostalgic feel especially with the Jackson brothers' harmonies being added on to it, I do like it and I love Michael with all of my heart, really, but that's why, as much as it's nice, I'm not happy about this release.

Michael was such a perfectionist, I feel that if it didn't make the cut for any of his previous albums, then it wouldn't have been the song that Michael would choose himself, to make a come back with, especially having given the song to another artist years ago, he wouldn't have made his come back with this song now, surely not.

Michael has been writing loads of new material over recent years, which would have been more inkeeping with where he's at and what he wanted to put out there himself now, but releasing something new wouldn't have benefitted Sony, so I feel this is for their.other peoples' benefit, rather than Michael's.

Yesterday, I learn that Howard Stringer says, they just found the song in a box ??? where? & when? He says that it was titled 'This is It', yet at the same time, says this song was not part of the This is It tour production. This apparent coincidental finding seems odd to me and I felt that wierd horrible sense of being played like a fiddle by them again.

Then, today when I went to Sony's official Michael Jackson website to hear this song for the first time, the first thing I do hear coming from the new song player, is Michael singing from the TII Movie clip ... "Breaking my heart now, Breaking my heart now" ...

I simply can't find the words to express how I feel :(

Exactly how I feel. I like the song ( how can you not like a song sang by Mike, I just love his voice - and I like it better than Safire's) but at the same time it's not what you would call comeback material. But then again, Mike's not here anymore so whatever comeback Sony thinks they can muster it's just bitter tasting, at least for me...
It does seem like they chose it randomly... you would think they would have done their homework before releasing it.:doh:

Another possibility is that Sony doesn't have any rights to the recently written/recorded material that Mike has - didn't he say at the Sony Demo that he's done with them? I wouldn't think that they would have any rights if he didn't have a contract with them anymore. NOw it all depends on the Estate - if they even have the material, if it's not indeed missing like there were rumors.

Re: "This Is It" Now airing on MICHAELJACKSON.COM { WARNING! NO POSTING OF DOWNLOAD LINKS ALLOWED }

Oh FFS, didn't take long did it.

Well, all I'm gonna say is I love you Michael and thankyou for making my day with your magical voice. Can't stop listening to it. :wub:

Michaels's vocals are amazing
but whoever produced and mixed the song (BRANCA) ???
for release did a shyt job _ its NOT MJ quality. The intrumental was boring and at
times was competing with and over-powering Michael's beautiful vocals and where
the HELL is the BEEF ....

I love the song _ Just not how they mixed it
Michael would have NEVER released that song as is
They better get someone besides BRANCA to produce
the songs _ he best take care of the legal end and
leave Michael' s music alone .. Im disapointed

Ive never said that about a MJ song before
I even Loved Hold my hand and still listen to it
over and over_ But they ruined this beauitufl song of
Michaels and it breaks my heart :(

I heard the other version with the piano on YT (probably the demo) :)
and it sounds MUCH better than the symphony version Sony released
that symphony version is not good and competing with Mjs voice

Last edited:

mclain will have produced it out of the two hes the music exec. branca is a lawyer

sometimes i feel that if MJ were never famous, and only received millions for these songs, that no lawsuits against him would ever materialize, even if they were legit. sometimes i think it's just MJ's fame that gets on these suitors' nerves.

Oh god...Paul Anka is saying Michael stole this song from him....
No he did NOT
you read it wrong
he said he co-wrote it with Michael
and wants credit on the song

how come when I go to michaeljackson.com I cannot hear the TII song?? were can I listen to it?

No he did NOT
you read it wrong
he said he co-wrote it with Michael
and wants credit on the song

"Anka claims Jackson -- who was just blowing up at the time with "Thriller" -- got a big head and "stole the tapes" from the studio." - TMZ

^ That's what I was referring to.

how come when I go to michaeljackson.com I cannot hear the TII song?? were can I listen to it?

Go to michaeljackson.com and stay on the opening page. You have to wait for the teaser trailer of the movie--being the "sponsor message"--to finish. Then, you can play the new song.

P.S. "This Is It" reminds me of the Jacksons' "Bless His Soul" (1978).

IM SO CONFUSED

There is three versions now avaible!?

One is extended, one is orchestra, one is not orchestra, but these too sounds just the same!?

There's one version that I've heard that doesn't have the strings. It's the shortest version of the three.

This matter is being sorted out already he is going to get 50%.

UPDATE 2-"New" Michael Jackson single a "mistake"

* New Jackson song previously covered by obscure singer
* Songwriter Paul Anka quickly given half the copyright

(recasts lead, story with new info, Anka and estate quotes)

LOS ANGELES, Oct 12 (Reuters) - Michael Jackson didn't do it his way after all.

Hours after the pop singer's first posthumous single "This Is It" was released amid great hype on Monday, it emerged that the tune had been recorded 18 years ago by an obscure Puerto Rican singer.

Moreover the co-author of that tune, "My Way" songwriter Paul Anka, threatened to sue Jackson's estate for proper credit and his share of royalties.

The administrators of the estate quickly acknowledged Anka's claims and granted him 50 percent of the copyright, a potentially massive payday for the 68-year-old Canadian crooner. And an equally massive loss for the estate.

"They realize it's a mistake, they realize it's my song, they realize it's my production of his vocal in my studio and I am getting 50 percent of the whole project, actually, which is fair," Anka said in a video posted on the TMZ gossip Web site.

The song dates back to 1983, when it was known as "I Never Heard" -- a co-write between Jackson and Anka -- and intended for inclusion on an Anka album. But the pair fell out, Jackson took the master tapes and Anka got them back.

The song was eventually released in 1991 after Anka placed it with an unknown Latin singer named Sa-Fire.

Both "I Never Heard" and "This Is It" share the same vocal and piano line, although the latter track boasts new overdubs from Jackson's brothers.

But "This Is It" had been promoted as a new Jackson recording, one of a multitude of unreleased recordings likely to come out in the next few years.

It was released online around the world nearly four months after the singer died in Los Angeles of a prescription drug overdose at the age of 50.

Fans will be able to buy it when a two-disc album hits the shelves in two weeks to coincide with the Oct. 28 worldwide release of the Jackson rehearsal-footage movie "This is It."

LYRICS FIT THE BILL

"The song was picked because the lyrics were appropriate because of the name Michael gave his tour," said a spokesman for Jackson's estate. "We are thrilled to present this song in Michael's voice for the first time, and that Michael's fans have responded in unprecedented numbers. The song was co-written by the legendary Paul Anka."

A spokeswoman for Sony Music declined to comment. One of the estate's two administrators, John McClain, worked with Jackson at the Sony Corp (6758.T) (SNE.N) unit. The other executor is music attorney John Branca.

McClain, who is also a co-producer of the "This is It" album, had said in a statement earlier on Monday that the song "only defines, once again, what the world already knows -- that Michael is one of God's greatest gifts."

Some critics begged to differ. Jon Pareles, the chief pop critic of The New York Times, said in a blog it "won't be on anyone's list of best Michael Jackson songs, even if it's a long list" and hoped there was something better in the Michael Jackson vaults of album outtakes.

The "This Is It" movie is based on rehearsal video shot in Los Angeles in the weeks before Jackson's planned 50 comeback concerts in London. It was the subject of a $60 million deal between Jackson's estate and closely held concert promoter AEG Live and Sony's Sony Pictures unit.

Sales of Jackson's records spiked after his death and the release of the movie and album will add to the value of the "Thriller" singer's estate, estimated at around $400 million.

Sony Music said the first disc of the album will feature some of Jackson's greatest hits plus two versions of the "new" single.

The second disc will include unreleased versions of some of the singer's classic tracks and a spoken word poem entitled "Planet Earth" performed by Jackson and never heard before. (Reporting by Jill Serjeant and Dean Goodman; editing by Bill Trott) (To read more about our entertainment news, visit our blog

http://www.reuters.com/article/comp...091013?pageNumber=2&virtualBrandChannel=10522

they act like fifty percent is a loss. it's not, because it accumulates. if people thought of something like that as a loss, no one would ever collaborate.

Anka will be profiting big time from Sony's screw up. Lucky him. *shrug*

This is what he said to skynews:

"They did the right thing," Anka said. "I don't think that anybody tried to do the wrong thing. It was an honest mistake."

15404683.jpg

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Sh...n_Paul_Anka_Who_Will_Now_Receive_Half_Profits

Today Michael's TII CD reached number 2 on Amazon USA on top-ten best sellers yesterday it was 3rd. I hope it reaches #1 in the US soon.

It is still number 1 on Amazon UK since yesterday.

Back