"This Is It" Now airing on MICHAELJACKSON.COM { WARNING! NO POSTING OF DOWNLOAD LINKS ALLOWED }

Re: "This Is It" Now airing on MICHAELJACKSON.COM { WARNING! NO POSTING OF DOWNLOAD LINKS ALLOWED }

NatalieM,

I love your siggy!
Thanks! :D
I have a thing for his hand in it, lol. I love his hands :wub:

Finally there is a good balanced comment which is a rare find in this thread, though I find myself interested to read opinions but all the sudden I just felt like changing my avatar and picking up my sword! :D
I'm glad you liked it :)

Re: "This Is It" Now airing on MICHAELJACKSON.COM { WARNING! NO POSTING OF DOWNLOAD LINKS ALLOWED }

Well, DUH he can sing!!!!!

WTF, is it just me or did people forget that Michael is a vocal virtuoso?

F*ckers.

The older MJ got, the better his instrument became.

MJ could sing a song and not need any instrumentation behind him. His energy & urge, his hiccups & ooohs and hard exhales were all the back-up he needed.

And MJ singing his own backgrounds are the most lush & tightest backgrounds ever recorded.

And MJ's falsettos is THE BEST I've heard. Also major props to Prince and Russell Thompkins, Jr. from the Stylistics.

Phillip Bailey from Earth Wind & Fire? Um, not as much as MJ, Prince & Russell Thompkins.

Defiantly without any doubt! He IS a great singer!! The best.

It is really important that the media to highlight that for everyone else as well and you know we were used to lots of negativity in the past and when a positive article like that comes out it is really good especially it is linked to the new song as well.

So is this song def. 29 years old??

Well, DUH he can sing!!!!!

WTF, is it just me or did people forget that Michael is a vocal virtuoso?

F*ckers.

The older MJ got, the better his instrument became.

MJ could sing a song and not need any instrumentation behind him. His energy & urge, his hiccups & ooohs and hard exhales were all the back-up he needed.

And MJ singing his own backgrounds are the most lush & tightest backgrounds ever recorded.

And MJ's falsettos is THE BEST I've heard. Also major props to Prince and Russell Thompkins, Jr. from the Stylistics.

Phillip Bailey from Earth Wind & Fire? Um, not as much as MJ, Prince & Russell Thompkins.
That is something i've never understood, why people don't associate Michael with his vocal ability. It's always been about his dancing. Yes, his dancing is outworldly, spectacular, a sight to behold... but what about HIS VOICE? Michael must have the most underrated voice in the music industry! People need to really listen to it, close their eyes and feel his words and how he sings them.

I get goosebumps just thinking about this vocals. Now that's talent.

Thanks for the article AK... loved it...

Nat, great post as well

That is something i've never understood, why people don't associate Michael with his vocal ability. It's always been about his dancing. Yes, his dancing is outworldly, spectacular, a sight to behold... but what about HIS VOICE? Michael must have the most underrated voice in the music industry! People need to really listen to it, close their eyes and feel his words and how he sings them.

I get goosebumps just thinking about this vocals. Now that's talent.

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

OMG - yes and AMEN to this.

MJs voice wasn't underrated I think, moreso, overlooked sometimes because of his spectacular showmanship.

Triple threat? MJ was a sextuplet threat!

Sing, dance, act, film, write, produce - and then be the most humble & charitable artist of all time?

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Its great that we have a new 'song

But DAMN!

$ony fcked up BIG time!

There is no better publicity than death!

Surely they could have given us a better song with a montage video from the film!

And then released it

Check out what MTV says about the song and about Michael, you will love to read this article :yes:

Michael Jackson's 'This Is It': The Past, The Present, A Perfect MJ Tune

Song showcases MJ's often-overlooked talent as a singer

Michael Jackson was a hell of a singer.

I only say this because to the casual music fan, it might not be apparent. Whether it was because so much about him — his dance moves, his style, his swagger — was so dynamic, or because he rarely spoke above a whisper, or even because he frequently peppered his verses with vocal ticks (like those oft-imitated "Hee-hee's"), Jackson remains one of the most underrated vocal artists in music history.

And that's a shame, because his voice was a wondrous thing, capable of reaching both towering heights (the final verse of "Rock With You") and depths ("Childhood"). It was technical, but it was also decidedly human, too, full of pump-priming rage ("Man in the Mirror") one minute, tethered tenderness the next ("She's Out of My Life"). It was a finely tuned instrument that, when unfurled, revealed all the pain and frustration and joy of Jackson's life ... a window inside the man's soul. It could stop you in your tracks and raise the hair on the back of your neck. It was something to behold.

But don't take my word for it. Just listen to "This Is It," the title track to Jackson's posthumous concert-film/double album that premiered at midnight on Monday (October 12). Because if anything, it's reinforcement of my original point: Jackson was a powerhouse vocalist.

The origins of the song may remain cloudy — it was reportedly written in 1980, in the fertile period between Jackson's Off the Wall and Thriller albums, and recorded in the mid-to-late '80s, in between the Bad and Dangerous albums — but really, none of that really matters: "This Is It" is a prime showcase for Jackson's prodigious pipes, which means that the best way to experience it — indeed, the best way to pay tribute to the man and his music — is to turn the volume up, sit back, and just listen.

Ignore the trilling strings, and the soft-jazz/light-funk backing track (which sort of make the song sound like Off the Wall's "I Can't Help It.") Block out the hype surrounding the song's release and the drama surrounding Jackson's death. Focus on those vocals — the way Jackson counts it in with a boyish "one, two, three, four," the way he glides from verse to verse with breathless, effortless phrasing, the lean-yet-heavy falsetto, the hint of gravel (and gravitas) is the verses, the soaring choruses — it's all there, untarnished by time or tabloids. And it's all wonderful.

In a lot of ways, "This Is It" might be the perfect Michael Jackson tune. And by that I mean, while it's by no means his best, or his most memorable, it might be his most representative. It's a mixture of his yearning early years and his messianic later period, and it shines a light on the best aspects of both: His voice.

Because, just in case you weren't aware, Michael Jackson was a hell of a singer.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1623610/20091012/jackson_michael.jhtml

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

well, you fans ought to count yourself special, because you knew this all along. too bad mtv didn't hire you, last year..or earlier..

and, there are a lot of you, too.

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

OMG - yes and AMEN to this.

MJs voice wasn't underrated I think, moreso, overlooked sometimes because of his spectacular showmanship.

Triple threat? MJ was a sextuplet threat!

Sing, dance, act, film, write, produce - and then be the most humble & charitable artist of all time?

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:
Yes, i think 'overlooked' is more the word i was looking for.

LOL @ the sextuplet threat!

It's all about the "UNF", baby! HELL YEAH!

Last edited:

Check out what MTV says about the song and about Michael, you will love to read this article :yes:

Michael Jackson's 'This Is It': The Past, The Present, A Perfect MJ Tune

Song showcases MJ's often-overlooked talent as a singer

Michael Jackson was a hell of a singer.

I only say this because to the casual music fan, it might not be apparent. Whether it was because so much about him — his dance moves, his style, his swagger — was so dynamic, or because he rarely spoke above a whisper, or even because he frequently peppered his verses with vocal ticks (like those oft-imitated "Hee-hee's"), Jackson remains one of the most underrated vocal artists in music history.

And that's a shame, because his voice was a wondrous thing, capable of reaching both towering heights (the final verse of "Rock With You") and depths ("Childhood"). It was technical, but it was also decidedly human, too, full of pump-priming rage ("Man in the Mirror") one minute, tethered tenderness the next ("She's Out of My Life"). It was a finely tuned instrument that, when unfurled, revealed all the pain and frustration and joy of Jackson's life ... a window inside the man's soul. It could stop you in your tracks and raise the hair on the back of your neck. It was something to behold.

But don't take my word for it. Just listen to "This Is It," the title track to Jackson's posthumous concert-film/double album that premiered at midnight on Monday (October 12). Because if anything, it's reinforcement of my original point: Jackson was a powerhouse vocalist.

The origins of the song may remain cloudy — it was reportedly written in 1980, in the fertile period between Jackson's Off the Wall and Thriller albums, and recorded in the mid-to-late '80s, in between the Bad and Dangerous albums — but really, none of that really matters: "This Is It" is a prime showcase for Jackson's prodigious pipes, which means that the best way to experience it — indeed, the best way to pay tribute to the man and his music — is to turn the volume up, sit back, and just listen.

Ignore the trilling strings, and the soft-jazz/light-funk backing track (which sort of make the song sound like Off the Wall's "I Can't Help It.") Block out the hype surrounding the song's release and the drama surrounding Jackson's death. Focus on those vocals — the way Jackson counts it in with a boyish "one, two, three, four," the way he glides from verse to verse with breathless, effortless phrasing, the lean-yet-heavy falsetto, the hint of gravel (and gravitas) is the verses, the soaring choruses — it's all there, untarnished by time or tabloids. And it's all wonderful.

In a lot of ways, "This Is It" might be the perfect Michael Jackson tune. And by that I mean, while it's by no means his best, or his most memorable, it might be his most representative. It's a mixture of his yearning early years and his messianic later period, and it shines a light on the best aspects of both: His voice.

Because, just in case you weren't aware, Michael Jackson was a hell of a singer.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1623610/20091012/jackson_michael.jhtml

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

I just love reading this. Thanks!

well, you fans ought to count yourself special, because you knew this all along. too bad mtv didn't hire you, last year..or earlier..

and, there are a lot of you, too.
Our intellect is far too superior for MTV, they would never hire us because we know what we're talking about, lol.

But kudos to James Montgomery who wrote that article for MTV (shocker!) He knows talent when he hears it.

I cant believe some fans saying they are bored with this song.. Its an amazing song, come on. I dont know where to voice my opinions about the TII song because there are so many threads, cant the mods just merge them all into one topic? It would be easier to keep track and not have to reply the same thing to 4 different threads.

Im listening to the song now and it gets better the more I listen to it, this song is grand, its Michael at his best, demo or not. This is a typical ''One more Chance'' moment, I feel like something big and exciting is happening again.

Sorry if someone already posted this, but here's a screenshot of the approximately 3 seconds for which they showed fans in London this morning on GMTV. I know someone from this board was there, so this is for you. Sorry the quality's not so wonderful ;)
FansAtSonyOct12TII.png

I think it's really silly for people to try and pigeon-hole MJ fans. I'm not a fan of this song but I usually love his slow romantic songs, Lady In My Life is prob my fave song ever. We don't all fit neatly in little boxes, please stop trying to fit us into one when it's just simply a case of personal taste.

Something is wrong!!! I have been trying to listen to this song uninterupted at different times today. Everytime I play it, either the phone rings, there is a knock at the door, i get a text, one of my family members calls my name. I AM SO ANNOYED!! Let me listen to it!! I am no exaggerating either.

Excellent article. Let's all thank the guy and show him some love will ya?

I may be jumping to conclusions here, but does anyone else think that the TII streaming on MJ.com and being played on radios is specifically a RADIO EDIT, and the 2 versions we'll get on the album are the original (piano and vocal) and what is currently being labelled as the "Extended Orchestra Version" (4:40)?

If so, I see no harm in Sony releasing the 3:46 edit as a physical and/or downloadable single, as the album will still included 2 alternative versions of the song on top of the radio edit.

IM SO CONFUSED

There is three versions now avaible!?

One is extended, one is orchestra, one is not orchestra, but these too sounds just the same!?

no. i ain't givin love to an article writer. it's a few weeks too late. and o matter how i feel, the writer still should give MJ props, now. that's the least that MJ has earned. and he deserves so much more positive from them. let's not pigeonhole opinions, ok?

Last edited:

Im confused too, all the 3 versions sound exactly to same to me. What am I missing?

It's a nice song, lovely to hear Michael's 'young' voice again, gives me a very nostalgic feel especially with the Jackson brothers' harmonies being added on to it, I do like it and I love Michael with all of my heart, really, but that's why, as much as it's nice, I'm not happy about this release.

Michael was such a perfectionist, I feel that if it didn't make the cut for any of his previous albums, then it wouldn't have been the song that Michael would choose himself, to make a come back with, especially having given the song to another artist years ago, he wouldn't have made his come back with this song now, surely not.

Michael has been writing loads of new material over recent years, which would have been more inkeeping with where he's at and what he wanted to put out there himself now, but releasing something new wouldn't have benefitted Sony, so I feel this is for their.other peoples' benefit, rather than Michael's.

Yesterday, I learn that Rob Stringer says, they just found the song in a box ??? where? & when? He says that it was titled 'This is It', yet at the same time, says this song was not part of the This is It tour production. This apparent coincidental finding seems odd to me and I felt that wierd horrible sense of being played like a fiddle by them again.

Then, today when I went to Sony's official Michael Jackson website to hear this song for the first time, the first thing I do hear coming from the new song player, is Michael singing from the TII Movie clip ... "Breaking my heart now, Breaking my heart now" ...

I simply can't find the words to express how I feel :(

Last edited:

It's a nice song, lovely to hear Michael's 'young' voice again, gives me a very nostalgic feel especially with the Jackson brothers' harmonies being added on to it, I do like it and I love Michael with all of my heart, really, but that's why, as much as it's nice, I'm not happy about this release.

Michael was such a perfectionist, I feel that if it didn't make the cut for any of his previous albums, then it wouldn't have been the song that Michael would choose himself, to make a come back with, especially having given the song to another artist years ago, he wouldn't have made his come back with this song now, surely not.

Michael has been writing loads of new material over recent years, which would have been more inkeeping with where he's at and what he wanted to put out there himself now, but releasing something new wouldn't have benefitted Sony, so I feel this is for their.other peoples' benefit, rather than Michael's.

Yesterday, I learn that Howard Stringer says, they just found the song in a box ??? where? & when? He says that it was titled 'This is It', yet at the same time, says this song was not part of the This is It tour production. This apparent coincidental finding seems odd to me and I felt that wierd horrible sense of being played like a fiddle by them again.

Then, today when I went to Sony's official Michael Jackson website to hear this song for the first time, the first thing I do hear coming from the new song player, is Michael singing from the TII Movie clip ... "Breaking my heart now, Breaking my heart now" ...

I simply can't find the words to express how I feel :(

couldn't agree more...the song's lovely and all...but I just feel sadness :cry:

nka tells TMZ in 1983, he wrote a song with Jackson called "I Never Heard" -- and the demo of the song was recorded in Anka's studio in Carmel, CA. Anka says he took the tape to a studio in Hollywood to put the finishing touches on it for Anka's duets album, "Walk a Fine Line." Anka claims Jackson -- who was just blowing up at the time with "Thriller" -- got a big head and "stole the tapes" from the studio.

Anka tells us he called the lawyers who repped both he and Jackson -- ironically one of them was John Branca -- and threatened them with a lawsuit if he didn't get the tapes back. Anka got them back but insists Jackson made a copy of the tapes and used the track with his voice from "I Never Heard" -- and simply retitled it, "This is It."

Anka gave "I Never Heard" to another artist -- Safire -- who recorded it in 1990.

We called Sony Music who released "This Is It" ... no comment so far.

Anka tells us he's talking with his lawyers about his legal options.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0Tl9dUYCB

Oh god...Paul Anka is saying Michael stole this song from him....

yeah even though mj co wrote it lol

doesnt take long for the lawsuits to start does it. pathetic

Ooooh here we go again...money money money!

Oh god...Paul Anka is saying Michael stole this song from him....

Why am I not f*cking surprised... :rolleyes:

Just posted a new thread on it - :eek:

But Michael didn't steal a damn thing - it's 50% his song!

nka tells TMZ in 1983, he wrote a song with Jackson called "I Never Heard" -- and the demo of the song was recorded in Anka's studio in Carmel, CA. Anka says he took the tape to a studio in Hollywood to put the finishing touches on it for Anka's duets album, "Walk a Fine Line." Anka claims Jackson -- who was just blowing up at the time with "Thriller" -- got a big head and "stole the tapes" from the studio.

Anka tells us he called the lawyers who repped both he and Jackson -- ironically one of them was John Branca -- and threatened them with a lawsuit if he didn't get the tapes back. Anka got them back but insists Jackson made a copy of the tapes and used the track with his voice from "I Never Heard" -- and simply retitled it, "This is It."

Anka gave "I Never Heard" to another artist -- Safire -- who recorded it in 1990.

We called Sony Music who released "This Is It" ... no comment so far.

Anka tells us he's talking with his lawyers about his legal options.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0Tl9dUYCB

Back