"This Is It" Now airing on MICHAELJACKSON.COM { WARNING! NO POSTING OF DOWNLOAD LINKS ALLOWED }

Re: "This Is It" to be unveiled at MIDNIGHT on Oct 12th on MICHAELJACKSON.COM

This is the 2009 version. The original version is just his voice and piano. So we all have heard the orchestra version already.

How is that possible when there are 2 different versions of TII on disc 1 of the OST? They wouldn't classify "voice and piano" as an "Album Version", surely? Especially not following on from his remastered hits?

There are so many questions left unanswered regarding "This is it". First of all, did MJ write it, or Paul Anka? And who plays the piano on the old demo? MJ's piano playing was really rudimentary, so it might be somebody else. If the demo dates back to the same sessions as "Love never felt so good", it might be Johnny Mathis playing the piano, and chances are this song was actually written by Paul Anka.

Shout is my least fav MJ song.

I like songs like Someone put your Hand out, Music and Me, With a childs Heart, Here I am etc. ANd i Luvvvvv This is it. Triumph is my fav MJ album! I love tracks like This place Hotel, Can you feel it, your Ways etc.

It all comes down to personal choice, I just couldn't believe you don't like Shout (a real MJ curve ball; love the attitude), WHE (IMO powerful and epic) or WMCIG. For me, though, SPYHO and TII are songs that I like and can appreciate, but wouldn't put anywhere near the top of my favourites list.

Re: "This Is It" Now airing on MICHAELJACKSON.COM { WARNING! NO POSTING OF DOWNLOAD LINKS ALLOWED }

I think the problem is (of course there isn´t any "real" problem) that we have 2 different MJ fans.

1. The fan how likes Mikes old joints when he was on Top of the World. Records Like Destiny, Triumph, Off the Wall, Thriller-These fans like "real" Soul and RNB Music
We don´t like songs like Heal the World, You are not alone etc

and we have

2 the fans who like more his recent modern angry stuff when MJ wasn´t on Top of the World but fighting against it after all the shit he went through.

So fans No1. Will love This is it

And fans No2. Not so much..

Re: "This Is It" Now airing on MICHAELJACKSON.COM { WARNING! NO POSTING OF DOWNLOAD LINKS ALLOWED }

The song This is It is amazing. Thats all I have to say, I feel the same way as when ''One more chance'' was released, stayed up all night just to hear it on the radio, its that same feel of entusiasm, only difference is that Mike is no longer with us. I miss him so much more now after hearing this beautiful song, that was something special.

PS: Im a old-school MJ fan, Im all for Off The Wall and Thriller era. This song reminds me of ''Carousel'' and I get that fuzzy loving feeling in my tummy when I hear these type of songs, I feel joy inside of me.

This song reminds me of ''Carousel'' and I get that fuzzy loving feeling in my tummy when I hear these type of songs, I feel joy inside of me.

That's how it makes me feel - magical. Only Michael can do that to me. :wub:

It all comes down to personal choice, I just couldn't believe you don't like Shout (a real MJ curve ball; love the attitude), WHE (IMO powerful and epic) or WMCIG. For me, though, SPYHO and TII are songs that I like and can appreciate, but wouldn't put anywhere near the top of my favourites list.

“Shout” It is an interesting song very different style, I think he is diversified in a way that he can satisfy almost all tastes.

You know exactly what kind of feeling Im talking about. :wub:

I feel the same:) I wish Sony would already release the whole Carousel Song-Carousel is pure magic one of my fav Mj tracks!

I think my niggle isn't with the song itself, it's with the way it has been marketed. Were this a demo on disc 2 of the OST I'd really appreciate it, I just can't believe this is the "EPIC BIG NEW HIT SINGLE FOR 2009" when it's clearly an unreleased and unfinished track from the vaults, which hasn't even been "cleaned up" properly.

“Shout” It is an interesting song very different style, I think he is diversified in a way that he can satisfy almost all tastes.

The Backstreet Boy recorded it and was performing it also search for that on youtube you will find the Backstreet Boy AWWFULLL-Nuff said!!!!

I think my niggle isn't with the song itself, it's with the way it has been marketed. Were this a demo on disc 2 of the OST I'd really appreciate it, I just can't believe this is the "EPIC BIG NEW HIT SINGLE FOR 2009" when it's clearly an unreleased and unfinished track from the vaults, which hasn't even been "cleaned up" properly.

That is the problem with modern day music-it is too clean!! I like the This is it version as it is. Please don´t clean it Sony!! I want the original song and feeling and not a PC programme cleaning the soul out of the song!!

Yeah I agree with you. A shame it's marketed this way.

I think the problem is (of course there isn´t any "real" problem) that we have 2 different MJ fans.

1. The fan how likes Mikes old joints when he was on Top of the World. Records Like Destiny, Triumph, Off the Wall, Thriller-These fans like "real" Soul and RNB Music

and we have

2 the fans who like more his recent modern angry stuff when MJ wasn´t on Top of the World but fighting against it after all the shit he went through.

I think I don’t fit in any of the two categories, because I like all his songs and I like TII. Seriously I can’t find a song that I can categories as a “bad song”, perhaps the one with Eddie Murphy “Whatszupwithyou” I donno… But that’s not even his song…

Totally agree, what make's MJ so global is the diversity of his catalogue, and, okay, maybe Shout isn't MJ's most "poppy" or marketable song (which is why it was removed from Vince and only released as a B-side) but I like the raw angry attitude and the shear fact that it sounds so un-MJ.

The Backstreet Boy recorded it and was performing it also search for that on youtube you will find the Backstreet Boy AWWFULLL-Nuff said!!!!

Yeah Aaron Carter's version was very OTT and sounded more like a Metal song.

I really need to know what era this song was recorded, it sounds a mix of Off The Wall, Thriller, Bad AND Dangerous. So which is it?

You know exactly what kind of feeling Im talking about. :wub:

Yes, I do! I can listen to it and nothing in the world matters for the whole 3 minutes and 40 seconds. Everything is fuzzy and warm, like you can feel his soul! Ah, I love him so much it hurts lol.

I just wish he was herrrrrrrrre. :cry:

and we have

I don't fit into that since I love all his music. If I had to put them into two catogaries, It would be...

1. Music Fans = Are fans of the music, the whole "King Of Pop" thing but aren't really into Michael as a person as they don't know much about him and don't know what to think.

2. Michael Fans = Are fans of the music and also Michael the human being, they know alot about him as a person and love him as a person and these are the people who call themselves "Michael Jackson Fans" and they see more of MICHAEL than King Of Pop or whatever. < That would be for most, if not all of us here.

I haven't read all pages and I dunno your spirits BUT I LOVE THE SONG

I really need to know what era this song was recorded, it sounds a mix of Off The Wall, Thriller, Bad AND Dangerous. So which is it?

in my opinion the song was recorded in 1980 sounds very much like Triumph vocals
Listen to the One ..Two...Three.. Four at the beginning he sounds so young. I don´t think he sounded so young during the Bad or Dangerous Sessions.

and it sounds like Love never felt so good
What is your opinion??

Yes, I do! I can listen to it and nothing in the world matters for the whole 3 minutes and 40 seconds. Everything is fuzzy and warm, like you can feel his soul! Ah, I love him so much it hurts lol.

I just wish he was herrrrrrrrre. :cry:

Oh yes.. you said it... Its like therapy streaming out of my speakers and the world is muted for those minutes while Michaels voice is the only thing I can hear and I get all warm and happy inside and I can see colours and shapes that only good music can evoke. :wub:

I don't fit into that since I love all his music. If I had to put them into two catogaries, It would be...

1. Music Fans = Are fans of the music, the whole "King Of Pop" thing but aren't really into Michael as a person as they don't know much about him and don't know what to think.

2. Michael Fans = Are fans of the music and also Michael the human being, they know alot about him as a person and love him as a person and these are the people who call themselves "Michael Jackson Fans" and they see more of MICHAEL than King Of Pop or whatever. < That would be for most, if not all of us here.

This is an excellent way you put it. There are a lot of people who love Michael as a person not just as an artist. And I think category 2 is increasing day by day because I believe these days more people wants to know more about him.

Oh yes.. you said it... Its like therapy streaming out of my speakers and the world is muted for those minutes while Michaels voice is the only thing I can hear and I get all warm and happy inside and I can see colours and shapes that only good music can evoke. :wub:

Yes, absolutely! Just magical. :wub:

By the way the Brothers sound really great in the background! did they record the background vocals recentley? They sound so good much better than the background vocals on tracks like Heaven Can Wait and Break of Dawn.The Brothers voices fit so good with Michaels!

By the way the Brothers sound really great in the background! did they record the background vocals recentley? They sound so good much better than the background vocals on tracks like Heaven Can Wait and Break of Dawn.The Brothers voices fit so good with Michaels!

I agree, they sound beautiful, we were just discussing that in the other thread. They did a great job on it! I'm not sure when they recorded it though...I assumed recently.

"I naeever heard a single word ah bout choo" :punk:

I'm loving the light lovely smooth throwback MIKEJAX!:wub:

God I wish he were here!:(

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my goooooooooooooooooooooooood I just heard the full song :dropdead:
I cant stop listening to it :woohoo:
"and it feels if though I seen you're face a thousand times..."
its better than any of the sh!t they play on the radio right now haters can eat it
I'm f*cking in love with it I don't give a rats @$$ about how old it is
I'm jumping and crying like a little girl right now
I miss Mike :cry:
Edit: if you didn't understand anything I wrote right now well nether did I :blink:

in my opinion the song was recorded in 1980 sounds very much like Triumph vocals
Listen to the One ..Two...Three.. Four at the beginning he sounds so young. I don´t think he sounded so young during the Bad or Dangerous Sessions.

and it sounds like Love never felt so good
What is your opinion??

I agree. That counting on beggining proves that the song is Pre Bad era stuff.
Love never felt so good is, however, much better song than This Is It.

He definitely sounds young, when he reaches those high notes he sounds in his 20's. Ah god bless this man.. It sounds alot like Carousel and Love Never Felt So Good. Beginning or mid 80's probably...

Back