"This Is It" Now airing on MICHAELJACKSON.COM { WARNING! NO POSTING OF DOWNLOAD LINKS ALLOWED }

Re: "This Is It" to be unveiled at MIDNIGHT on Oct 12th on MICHAELJACKSON.COM

Sorry but this is not I was waiting for... nothing new... old song... old sounding... dissapoited... I didn't wait for that....

Now I know why Sony aren't releasing it as a single. This is just some old demo they've cleaned up a bit. There is only one reason they chose to use this song - it has the same name as the film. Michael will be rolling in his grave.

Where's all the new stuff he was working on since the trial?? Sony Sucks.

Ohmygod....this is so hard! :cry: I love it, but I just wished they had done more about the music and make it sound a little more 'new'. It sounds really like a demo and I think Sony could do enough to change that. I can hear the potential, but it's not coming out yet.
Although the song is wonderful, I love it....so much! Wow.... :heart:

But if they were to tweak it too much, it would lose MJ's touch.

I don't care if the song wouldn't meet MJ's high standard, as long as it keeps MJ's essence and artistry, I am happy. I know if he were here, he would work it to perfection...he is not. Therefore, I want the next best thing. Don't encourage Sony to hire a producer-du-jour- to mess up MJ's original ideas on the songs in the vault.

If Sony starts hiring producers to overproduce MJ's leftover music, the songs will lose MJ's essence and I DO NOT WANT THAT. But then again, these same folks would complain that Sony is tweaking Mj's work.

I like that raw version of the song. It is simple and you pay more attention to MJ's voice than the music.

I really don't want Sony to start hiring current producer just to make a hit FORGETTABLE record.

As much as possible, LEAVE THE SONG the way MJ left them.

Last edited:

But if they were to tweak it too much, it would lose MJ's touch.

I don't care if the song wouldn't meet MJ's high standard, as long as it keeps MJ's essence and artistry, I am happy. I know if he were here, he would work it to perfection...he is not. Therefore, I want the next best thing. Don't encourage Sony to hiring a producer-du-jour- to mess us MJ's original ideas on the songs in the vault.

If Sony starts hiring producers to overproduce MJ's leftover music, the songs will lose MJ's essence and I DO NOT WANT THAT.

I like that raw version of the song. It is simple and you pay more attention to MJ's voice than the music.

I really don't want Sony to start hiring current producer just to make a hit FORGETTABLE record.

As much as possible, LEAVE THE SONG the way MJ left them.

I don't mind hearing demos, but releasing one as "a brand new song" to promote the album and the movie? I don't get it.

I really like it, The more I listen the more I like it too and I have had countless listens already. :lol:

But I can't get excited with new stuff. :no: Not yet anyway..
Still all so raw to me and anything like this brings all the saddness back to the surface. :cry:

I can't believe people are complaining. :rolleyes2:
I don't know what you were expecting.

I don't mind hearing demos, but releasing one as "a brand new song" to promote the album and the movie? I don't get it.

What don't you understand?
the movie is called This is it...they are producing a soundtrack of the same name.
A song MJ has recorded just happens to have the same name...fitting for the movie.;D

It is not that DEEP!!!!

What don't you understand?
the movie is called This is it...they are producing a soundtrack of the same name.
A song MJ has recorded just happens to have the same name...fitting for the movie.;D

It is not that DEEP!!!!

But it's a demo. MJ even mumbles around 1:20, maybe he forgot the lyrics or something. I don't think it was ready to be released, even the quality is kinda bad.

I need to hear it!!

But it's a demo. MJ even mumbles around 1:20, maybe he forgot the lyrics or something. I don't think it was ready to be released, even the quality is kinda bad.

ok...so you do understand why they release the song then?

Why do people play dumb? so infuriating.

It is ok not to like the song...move on. Life is too short to waste time on things you don't like.

Let those that enjoy it continue to enjoy it...and lucky for you...MJ has 40 years of other music to enjoy if you don't like this particular one.

Don't encourage Sony to hire a producer-du-jour- to mess up MJ's original ideas on the songs in the vault.

I personally think they should have gotten someone MJ trusted to work on the song and made it sound a bit less like a demo.... I do understand what you mean though, so for me it would be perfect if they had released the song on a single with a few updated mixed and the original demo... No reason why we should not be able to get both ;-)

Im hearing it right now, ok i have 2 admit i kinda like expected like abig bang near the end. To me its got like a real 70's era sound 2 it.

ok...so you do understand why they release the song then?

Why do people play dumb? so infuriating.

It is ok not to like the song...move on. Life is too short to waste time on things you don't like.

Let those that enjoy it continue to enjoy it...and lucky for you...MJ has 40 years of other music to enjoy if you don't like this particular one.

Where did I say that I don't like the song? I understand that they want to promote the album and the movie, but I don't understand why they released an UNFINISHED DEMO. What's playing dumb with that? How many unfinished demos have you seen topping the charts?

Yeah that's what I meant. It would be cool if it was meant to be released and Michael would've worked on it on that level.
Fact is that this is just a demo, and I absolutely love it and it's awesome to have it, but release as a single?
Nah, and especially since this was NOT Michael's plan. This was just a song found by Sony and they thought 'hey, we got the rights and it's called This Is It, let's make money!'.:doh:

It's not that I not love this song, it's more that I found this whole release a bit of a lack of respect. Michael would carefully choose his songs and make it perfect, they should've done that and pay a real tribute in spirit of him. I'm afraid the whole high standard-thing Michael had with his music will be vanished because Sony or whatever are gonna throw out singles and albums just on the go. :(

Doesn't take away though that I'm happy with anything coming from Michael. :heart:

Last edited:

Is there ever any joy in the MJ fan community? People here will complain about anything. It gets kind of tiring.

^ u got a good point there

Is there ever any joy in the MJ fan community? People here will complain about anything. It gets kind of tiring.

People will complain if there's something to complain about.

Whatever, I'm outta here anyway.

After seeing thetracklist I'm not sure if I buy the album anymore.

Anyway I like This Is It. Though I was waiting for something more new but I like this, too. Not Michael's best but I don't want to complain.

Exactly!

I was extremely happy to hear the new song. I don’t expect it to be another Bellie Jean and I don’t care about Sony BS!

I am a fan I don’t want to act as a customer!

When the song fades out, I feel like it's Schubert's Unfinished Symphony, it's very rare that MJ fades out a song without sudden dramatic end to a song or a long ad-libbed vamp.

Regardless, it's a really pretty song & I definitely plan to buy the Cd in support of the movie.

I can't wait for remixers like Roger Sanchez, Louie Vega or Francois K remix This Is it, they'll take the vocals & make it a danceable.

does somebody know if we will see Michael singing it in The This is It Movie ?

Someone PM me a download link?? Please.

oes somebody know if we will see Michael singing it in The This is It Movie ?
i doubt it as mj had nothing to do with the song. sony have said they just found the vocals and piano chords and they did everything else.ir creating the music for it. they have just decided to use the song as promo for the film.mj was never gonna use it its just one of many songs from the vaults and sony have taken advantage and are using it

LOL how sad is that youtube video of the single arrivingat sony. .and how much did that cost to pay the police.dont even get me started on the vans and bodyguards as if obama was in town lol

so its seems this song is totally old. mj was never gonna use it for the tour and sony just came across it and decided to put the melody etc towards it. so the musics new yet it still sounds like something from the destiny era. tbh ive heard the 40 second clip but i dont really care about hearing the rest of it. its not mike not his music and arrangement just some old vocals. its not like he wanted it released.

dont know if this was already posted.

http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/artic...sed-at-midnight

The first drop in what might be a flood of unheard Jackson material is a song called "This Is It," which Sony had scheduled to send to radio stations on Sunday night. Based on a tape Jackson left behind containing only his piano and vocals, a full arrangement was built, complete with swelling strings and his brothers' backup vocals. The song is to run during the closing credits of the new Jackson film, perhaps not coincidentally called "This Is It.''

[...]

If "This Is It" is any guide, the provenance of leftover Jackson songs might be difficult to establish. It is not clear when the song was written or recorded, Stringer said, and Sony originally believed that the tape was made around the time of Jackson's 1991 album "Dangerous." But it could have been much earlier, perhaps even as early as the album "Off the Wall," from 1979.

"We just found the song," Stringer said. "It was titled `This Is It.' It was in a box, and we listened to it.''

"This Is It" was also to have been the title of Jackson's 50-concert run in London, although the synergy is unclear; Stringer and others with knowledge of the production say the song was not part of it.

[...]

Enterprising fans online, however, quickly found that "This Is It" is not exactly new. It bears a strong resemblance to "I Never Heard," a 1991 track by the R&B singer Sa-Fire that was written by Jackson and Paul Anka. Stringer said that until this was pointed out by sleuthing fans, he had not known about the connection. "I really have no idea what the origins of the song are," he said.

i doubt it as mj had nothing to do with the song. sony have said they just found the vocals and piano chords and they did everything else.ir creating the music for it. they have just decided to use the song as promo for the film.mj was never gonna use it its just one of many songs from the vaults and sony have taken advantage and are using it

It's incredible...i don't know who to blame ...Sony or Jackson Estate ?

Anyway, the track is good, I like it !

not finished but good !

Thanks !

and didn't they say that MJ performed it on rehearsals and that it's gonna be included in TII movie?

I thought when they decided to add it to Disk 1 as it is the closing title of the setlist from the concert... :scratch:

As per mj.com:
Disc one features the original album masters of some of Michael's biggest hits arranged in the same sequence as they appear in the film. The disc ends with two versions of the never-released "This Is It." This song is featured in the film's closing sequence and includes backing vocals by Michael's brothers, the Jacksons.

Perhaps it was not intended for the concert! I mean not part of the performance...

and didn't they say that MJ performed it on rehearsals and that it's gonna be included in TII movie?

No, I think they just said they were going to play this song as the credits rolled.

Back