They ruined we are the world!!!

33u3ech.gif

I'm glad this wasnt Michael's idea, it's too craptastic!!!!!

I for one would really be upset if they banged some cats against the wall even if it was for charity.

(Runs and holds on to her four cats for dear life and rubs their head).

And I as well would like to see what percentage of the money actually goes to the victims and how things are really distributed. I am so tired of charity being done to serve those who already have and those who do not, never get it.

However, if it does all go to it's intended location, I see nothing wrong with giving a few dollars here to help. Many would give money away without anything in return. think of it like this but also receiving a bonus cd that you can eventually throw away if you like.

yea thats why i would never buy this cd, i would rather directly give money to an organization that i know will definitely be dealing straight with the haitian people rather then these companies that are known for corruption and taking parts of the profits for themselves.

Don't be mad or hate on the song only because Michael couldn't take part in it and maybe make it even better or for some of y'all make it good as it happens to be bad for the most of y'all!
Many artists in the remake still are very good and you can't say that the remake is really awful only because of artists like for example Justin Bieber or Miley Cyrus that you don't like at all! ;)

You are so hilarious!!!!

(BTW How are ya doin?)

Hehehehehehe I know!!

(btw I'm good and u??)

I wish people would stop assuming everyone is just hating.

Just because it has charity attached doesnt mean we have to like it, because there are other ways to donate.

It is awful imo because of the autotune crap and the voices not matching.

Hehehehehehe I know!!

(btw I'm good and u??)

Just because it has charity attached doesnt mean we have to like it, because there are other ways to donate.

I'm not sayin' that you have to like it only because it's for charity but some posts are just sounding very disrespectful to me... (It doesn't have to be yours) ;)

Hehehehehehe I know!!

(btw I'm good and u??)

I guess I'll live. TBH I did not like Wyclef's part (Hated it, you know from TV?
OK from In living color? OK, maybe ur too young. Ahh to be young again! :D)

Anyway, Take care!

hated-it.jpg

I just died :toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

first of all this was a cornball move they know damn well they needed to make their own song you can't re-do a classic song better then the first one...

talk about non rational thinking..lol

obviously, you are as subjective as anyone else..

Lauper had one of the greatest voices i ever heard. sometimes, i would compare it to Patti Labelle.

in the original recording, Cyndi had a rawness, that couldn't be matched by Dion. yet Dion had a power that was smooth, that couldn't be matched by Lauper. so, they are two different, but titanic voices(no pun intended). and one is not a million times better than the other.

Thats my opinion. So i'm afraid you'll have to deal with it. :)

I totally agree with the title of this thread! But it's for a good cause...so I'm gonna focus on that and not the horrible rapping in the middle of such a good song... :/

Stars

Maybe they should have remade Stars by Hear N' Aid, then everybody would be happy. :p
[youtube]XuARu98ILj0&fmt=18[/youtube]

Re: Stars

Maybe they should have remade Stars by Hear N' Aid, then everybody would be happy. :p
[youtube]XuARu98ILj0&fmt=18[/youtube]

only one of those guys can sing, and he had his voice dubbed over 50 times, and harmonized with himself. that's how much they sound alike. :D

Man, you guys are still ranting about this? :scratch: I think you all made your point about how terrible it was. Gotta keep beating a dead horse with pent up aggression.

Man, you guys are still ranting about this? :scratch: I think you all made your point about how terrible it was. Gotta keep beating a dead horse with pent up aggression.

come on, now, Freud. lol. it's probably the healthiest way to go about it. if there is pent up aggression, better to get it out, huh?

not all of us can write 'why you wanna trip on me' and sit back and have it play over and over again, and sing it well, too

come on, now, Freud. lol. it's probably the healthiest way to go about it. if there is pent up aggression, better to get it out, huh?

not all of us can write 'why you wanna trip on me' and sit back and have it play over and over again, and sing it well, too

:naa: right... I think someone needs a hug.

Last edited:
come to think of it, there was one time someone remade a Michael Jackson classic, quite well, IMO..

'Fat', by Weird Al Yankovic

I feel quite a few people are too harsh about this song, and are approaching it. You shouldn't compare the song to the original, it's merely an updated version, created to garner as much possible attention to it, so it can raise as much money for Haiti as possible. They've put artists from different genres and ages together, just like they did with the original. The genres and ages have merely changed from the way it was in the 80's.

It's build to market to the majority of people and I think they did that. Yes not all artists are the best singers, but they have a large fanbase, which increases exposure. There's still a lot of great singers on this track, but they gotta throw in something for everyone.

I feel quite a few people are too harsh about this song, and are approaching it. You shouldn't compare the song to the original, it's merely an updated version.

That is quite illogical (I was just watching Star Trek). It only stands to reason that a remake of something will be judged according to the original. Of course we are going to judge it based on how well it is able tostand up to it.

But also even on it's on, without the comparison, just looking at it's on artistry, it still was pretty bad. But like I said before, you can either support it or not. There is more than one way to donate to relief efforts in Haiti.:)

lol you are all so hell bent on not liking the song either way so it doesn't matter what the intent was for the stars to do this remake.

You are all mad because it was Ritchie's idea and not Michael's.

I love you. haha

I think people had hated the song as soon as it was announced. Like I and others have said. A remake of We Are The World would/ and has garnered more attention than a new song would. They know what they are doing.

P.S My, hasnt Lionel Richie aged well???

He has aged well. RRRR!!!!!!

But even though it was MJ's idea doesn't mean it would be good either. but I think it was not the idea in itself but the execution.

All are apprehensive when something they really liked is being remade. But occasionally, it works. This is just a time when it didn't IMHO.

this version is not a update, is a mess. And a lot of the comentaries and reviews made by no Michael´s fans are saying the same thing.
The first half is pretty good. I sorpised myself with Milley, for example, but i think is not a good job whit autone and other questions.
And all the people are comparing both versions beacuse there are a reference what all we Know, more and less. It´s like if they will remake "gone with the the wind",all of us we have this film in our mind and we will compare both

Once again.....why would anyone be mad that this wasnt MJ's idea?????

this was a HOT mess, unorganized, half assed product.

if everybody in the media is so sincere about reaching out to a diverse audience and keeping Haiti in the minds of listeners, then how come KIIS FM isn't even playing the remake, here in los angeles? the power of Michael made me curious just to see if the station would play this awful remake. i gave the station an entire day, and i didn't hear it, yesterday, and this morning. the original was played like there is no tomorrow, when it first came out, on the radio.

Last edited:
i guess that settles the depth of Quincy Jones post MJ huh? that garbage was so bad that my ears are in a coma. where to start and where to finish and what is the middle.

just brutal and never should have been released. where was the Audience for Sexual Chocolate that gave Randy Watson a half of a hand clap?

if everybody in the media is so sincere about reaching out to a diverse audience and keeping Haiti in the minds of listeners, then how come KIIS FM isn't even playing the remake, here in los angeles? the power of Michael made me curious just to see if the station would play this awful remake. i gave the station an entire day, and i didn't hear it, yesterday, and this morning. the original was played like there is no tomorrow, when it first came out, on the radio.

The media are never sincere. lol They only care about one thing.

i guess that settles the depth of Quincy Jones post MJ huh? that garbage was so bad that my ears are in a coma. where to start and where to finish and what is the middle.

But Quincy had also done some great stuff before Michael. So its not as if he needed Michael.

But Quincy had also done some great stuff before Michael. So its not as if he needed Michael.
off the wall,thriller,bad and we are the world with MJ made Quincy Jones even larger than life. he was big,but after MJ he became a towering pressence in areas he didn't have a footing in before. and i said Post MJ what has he done? yeah he was on the grammy voting commitee and bought 6 grammys for Back on the block. and since then what?

Back