SONY REFUSE TO RELEASE 'THIS IS IT' SINGLE : Feedback Form Inside

If they would have released the single and the album, i would have brought both! :lol:

We have a dilemma. We want Michael to be number 1 like he deserves but some of us are mad at Sony for making us buy another greatest hits album to get the new song.

If they have no plans for releasing the single Michael obviously has zero chance of
being on the singles charts. The only way we can make him number 1 is to buy the album.

I'm not sure who will buy it anyway, I think it'll be more likely to be old fans because these new ones who have discovered him since his death probably already bought one of his greatest hits album after his death.

If we want MJ to be number one and not have the media and everyone going to town on him failing and his fans abandoning him we're going to have to buy the album.. even though that feeds Sony and shows them how they can manipulate us.

Oh, I'm most definitely a girl - BTW, did you see my new siggy with the "unf, unf, unf" ????

GOLD PANTS!:wild:

Girl so when i first saw the siggy last night i was like.... U N F... U N F... U N F.... (thinking to myself... what is U N F? , United Nations Fund???:doh: L O L

Then I got so mesmerized by the HIP action:bugeyed.... more like staring at it :doh: I felt ashamed and had to leave the thread :D.

I L O V E YOUR SIGGY.......... It should come with a warning.:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

erm.... i think its like 90percent goes to mikes estate...ie his kids... so youll be hurting them too by boycotting.
its 90% from the film deal dont know how it works re the album. but the kids will be incredibly rich for the rest of their lives aslong as all goes to plan. a few £ not given from me aint gonna have them on food stamps. ppl need to pick one way or the other. ppl are anygy with sony not relasing it as a physical single (if thats the case) so what other way do u have to hear the song.buy the album and fall for sonys plan. of not releasing the song so ppl buy the entire album or go buy other means. ie wait for an offical release record it off the radio or download it..ppl have to chose for themselves.

if sony dont want ppl downloading it then they know what to do. but that wont make them as much money will it. at the end of the day who cares anyway. like any of this matters anymore.

I'm not really happy that a single will not be released as I want MJ to be number 1 on the single chart. But I guess there is plenty of time for this when they release a new album of material.

It also stinks that Sony are trying to get us to buy all the old songs again...

But as yet, we do not know the contents of CD2, so I'm not gonna join in the usual moans until we know better. Plus, Michael isn't with us anymore so we can;t really expect lots of new material, can we?!

Well if Sony DID release the single they would make much more money... because the minute it hits the airwaves it will be available for download everywhere on the internet... and the people who want to buy it to support MJ and have a HQ version won't be able to and will be forced to download.

And I don't get one thing... why do you all guys say that we should buy it to support MJs kids? One person even suggested that we should open a bank account for MJs children and pay them for the This Is It single that we downloaded...

I don't get it... They spend more money in a month than most of us will EVER have... They're billionaires. No need to support them all the time. MJ worked for 40 years to secure their future.

I do agree that the whole "i'll buy it to support the kids" is a bit crazy. They will all be multi-multi-millionaires. If you don't want to buy the album because it's another greatest hits, don't.... but don't justify it by saying it's for the kids either.

Better off giving money to charity to be honest...

I like and other's have said in earlier posts..... the frustration in not wanting another Billie Jean ... or other hits is completely valid.
I already have 10 copies of Billie Jean alone.... I am sure like most of you in my library.

I am not happy about it TII not being released as a single.... but I will support MJ. To me in buying the Album I am supporting MJ and not SONY.

People will see it differently and that is ok.... we all are entitled to our opinion.

Well if Sony DID release the single they would make much more money... because the minute it hits the airwaves it will be available for download everywhere on the internet... and the people who want to buy it to support MJ and have a HQ version won't be able to and will be forced to download.

And I don't get one thing... why do you all guys say that we should buy it to support MJs kids? One person even suggested that we should open a bank account for MJs children and pay them for the This Is It single that we downloaded...

I don't get it... They spend more money in a month than most of us will EVER have... They're billionaires. No need to support them all the time. MJ worked for 40 years to secure their future.

the great thing about you and me is that we don't have the pap following us around 24/7 hence not needing security or living under the scrutiny.

I can't speak for others but... when I say.. I am going to support the babies.. I mean this.

As far as to the kids... I think financially they will be fine. If I don't buy this album they are NOT going to be poor by any standards.
But also at the same time.... my purchase of the album signifies that I am supporting MJ... since he is not here, by extension... I am supporting the kids. I hope that makes sense.:doh:

Cheers,

There will no doubt be torrents floating around for this album in the next week or so. Always the same with new releases. It's just a matter of who decides to use it.

I do agree that the whole "i'll buy it to support the kids" is a bit crazy. They will all be multi-multi-millionaires. If you don't want to buy the album because it's another greatest hits, don't.... but don't justify it by saying it's for the kids either.

Better off giving money to charity to be honest...

100% right. Right now in this minute children around the world die of starvation and you all worry about the bank account of multi millionaires kids.

In the words of Marvin Gaye" What´s going on??" This is crazy!!!!!!

I don't know if people understand what's this fuss all about? It is NOT about the fact we are getting a seventh greatest hits album this decade.

It's about the fact that Michael could easily be THE FIRST musician EVER to have a number one record in the US in 5 consecutive decades. It's something that will NOT be possible again for anyone... probably ever. And even though all it takes for this to happen is just to release a song of his this year, Michael is very likely going to miss out on this huge feat... that he would definitely appreciate.

And not because he didn't record music that is good enough... But because of bad marketing moves made by a record company called Sony.

I hate it. Michael cared about his records a lot and I think he would love for This Is It to come out as a single. He could've easily had a couple of hits in the '00s. May I mention Unbreakable, Whatever Happens, Butterflies and We've Had Enough...

That's cool! I didn't know that... :)

The opposite... People today can download music of most unknown bands, bands that would never become known.

Real artists rarely care about money...

That's not true. How do you expect people to live? Pay bills? Finance a recording?

It takes tens of thousands of dollars to record an album - and that's on the cheap side. Who's going to pay for that?

Moving on, I have an honest question...

Chances are an album like this will have been released to support the tour had michael not died. if that was the case, would you all have been slagging off michael for releasing it?!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if people understand what's this fuss all about? It is NOT about the fact we are getting a seventh greatest hits album this decade.

It's about the fact that Michael could easily be THE FIRST musician EVER to have a number one record in the US in 5 consecutive decades. It's something that will NOT be possible again for anyone... probably ever. And even though all it takes for this to happen is just to release a song of his this year, Michael is very likely going to miss out on this huge feat... that he would definitely appreciate.

And not because he didn't record music that is good enough... But because of bad marketing moves made by a record company called Sony.

I hate it. Michael cared about his records a lot and I think he would love for This Is It to come out as a single. He could've easily had a couple of hits in the '00s. May I mention Unbreakable, Whatever Happens, Butterflies and We've Had Enough...

100% right! Sony is a bunch of f....

Girl so when i first saw the siggy last night i was like.... U N F... U N F... U N F.... (thinking to myself... what is U N F? , United Nations Fund???:doh: L O L

Then I got so mesmerized by the HIP action:bugeyed.... more like staring at it :doh: I felt ashamed and had to leave the thread :D.

I L O V E YOUR SIGGY.......... It should come with a warning.:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Gold pants baby!

Funny, if you do an internet search under "Gold Pants" under Images, MJ pops up within the first 10 images.

UNF!

:wild:

I agree 100%
but I don't give a rats ass about Sony I want MJ to be no.1 again and this is his last chance
this money is going to his kids not Sony and I will buy the cd I wont let his name be dragged through the mud just coz of bad marketing

Chances are an album like this will have been released to support the tour had michael not died. if that was the case, would you all have been slagging off michael for releasing it?!

I think the fact that Michael passed away makes a difference, because right now it's all about the legacy of a man that CAN NOT speak for himself. If he was alive and a This Is It album was released it wouldn't matter really, because he would release a brand new studio album and do other projects as well.

But all that's left now is his music and it seems Sony does everything wrong... it's very sad to see this being done to his legacy.

I'm impressed by what you do to heal the world! Thank you danniilee for spreading L.O.V.E.

That's not true. How do you expect people to live? Pay bills? Finance a recording?

It takes tens of thousands of dollars to record an album - and that's on the cheap side. Who's going to pay for that?

I said it wrong. They do care about money, but not THAT much. To someone, who is the real artist, the most important thing is to be popular, tha fact that other people love you work and appreciate you for who you are. As long as you they have enough money to live comfortable, they don't worry about it too much.
To real artist won't care THAT much if he has 3 or 30 millions...
There will always be hardcore fans that will waste their money and buy everything... But i don't! Even if it's Michael Jackson, my favorite artist.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the fact that Michael passed away makes a difference, because right now it's all about the legacy of a man that CAN NOT speak for himself. If he was alive and a This Is It album was released it wouldn't matter really, because he would release a brand new studio album and do other projects as well.

But all that's left now is his music and it seems Sony does everything wrong... it's very sad to see this being done to his legacy.

I'm impressed by what you do to heal the world! Thank you danniilee for spreading L.O.V.E.

Thankyou.

and i agree with what your saying for the most part. it is sad to see what is being done to his legacy, but in my opinion its better than nothing being done and him slowly being forgotten. I dont believe there is anything that can be done to change this, and i honestly feel that the 'bpycott' method would do more damage than good to his legacy.

To me in buying the Album I am supporting MJ and not SONY.
Supporting MJ in what? And not supporting Sony in what?
smiley.gif

Yey...some people here just don't get it...
sony sucks, we all agree with that...but we want all the best for Mike! Who cares about the sony...Primary it is Michael's name on this CD and his words'THIS IS IT'.

TRy looking that way... if album won't be a success people will be talking crap about mike again...they will say that Mike couldn't make decent comeback anyway.

So much negativism in this thread. People, relax...

TRy looking that way... if album won't be a success people will be talking crap about mike again...

People can talk all they want-I don´t care for that crap! So I´m not buying the CD and if people will be talking bad because of a flop -I simply don´t care.

i hate sony :yes: :mat:

someone should send email to them :yes: and ask them why? :(

THIS thread is exactly about that! Fill the feedback form at sony's site (link in first post!) and let them know.

This thread is not about the This Is It album!
It's about the possible number 1 single "This Is It" which isn't going to be released even tho it should! Complaining to Sony is the best we can do to help Michaels legacy, if we flood them with emails maybe they'll change their mind and release This Is It...

It's not about the release of a crappy album.
The main concern is that even though it doesn't cost a dime to make This Is It available to be bought as a single (not a cd release, just a digital single) it is NOT HAPPENING! And because it won't be available for a single purchase it won't chart ANYWHERE in the world and therefore Michael won't have a hit single.

Please fill the feedback form and let Sony know that we DO care about Michael and we want his first posthumously released song to do well.
And we want to buy it legally.

Back