MJ to be buried soon

Bury him under the Giving Tree! where he wrote and went to think!

----------------------------

This is the best idea! I just love it! It is VERY symbolic and very respectful to Michael.

Agree with 'uptome'...

Elvis was buried at Graceland AFTER his grave was constantly damaged by people breaking off small pieces as keep sakes and after 3 guys were caught attempting to STEAL his body.

Charlie Chaplins body was stolen, and keep for months until it was found!

That's scary fans out there. I think Michael's grave won't be damage likes Elvis and Charlie.

every hear o f them desecrating a grave? u can't tell who's a hater and who's a fan w/ genuine grief.

so by putting him in a place where only his family and children can see him is ensuring that his grave is safe.

this is michael jackson. not jimmi hendrix, not james brown, not elvis, michael jackson.

hell, they had notes going over the gate at hayvenhurst threatening to dig up mj's body etc...so c'mon, what would u do?

how could they have it in a public place w/o a guard there all the time? let him be at peace.

I'm sorry but that's f*cking sick. Uncalled for and unnecesary.

As long as he's taken care of,man. That's all I care about.

:angel:I'm prayin for ya Michael.

He could not get out in public while he was alive..what makes you think he can be placed in public now?? seriously.....I just hope no crazy person will try to do something insane to his grave...
i hope his grave will be secured.

It will be better if the Jackson family cremated Michael scattered his ash at Africa or over sea. I know Gerald LeVert was cremated as well.

It will be good closure for his children and his family though. They will have a place that they will be able to go and visit, leave pictures and notes for him...although I think the public would have a hay day with the items they would leave...I still hope they don't feel as if they can't. I am compelled to leave momentos for my family members at their graves...it keeps them updated on what's going on with the family I believe :)

RIP Michael. You are finally getting the peace that you have always hoped for.

True, which is why I feel that Forest Lawn would be the best resting place for Michael. Remember, it's not only the childern that want to be closer to him, it's Katherine and the rest of the family. This was their brother, uncle, son and father. To us, he is an entertainer who we have grown to love. Having them make the three hour drive to NL, is just cruel. Besides....are we gonna have the family get used to one place of burial and then move him to another? :no:

Katherine wants him to have a permanant resting place, and not have his grave disturbed by moving him. I think we should stop being selfish in the eyes of what we ourselves want, and allow a mother to bury her child as she feels gives her closure.

I still struggle every day with the thought of Michael no longer being with us, I still have crying spells, moments of deep emptyness, yet it is getting a little easier....and this final stage is what is needed most.

I can see how painful it is for many of you to realize that Michael will finally be buried. It is a sign of finalizing his passing. However, that body that is gradually decomposing is simply a shell of his time on this Earthly Realm. His spirit is FREE and no one can hurt him ever again.

My parents gave me a glimpse of their near death experiences and I have experience one when I was a child. I can tell you all, DEATH is not the end. Michael simply changed residences. Also the good news, is that we would not recognize Michael if we saw him. Michael Jackson is now tall, dark and handsome. Imagine him in his 30's, dark skin, beautiful smile. He does not look like the way he left this earthly realm.

It is painful, for this to happen now , but I rather see his body {shell } buried and give him the respect since he never got it during his life. I guess burying him simply finalizes for us that he is gone, but yet will never be forgotten.

There are no words to comfort you all. I too have my crying spells, eventhough I never met the man, but I was honored to have attended one of his concerts. I don't cry for celebrities' deaths however Michael was unique among all of them. Maybe because we see a part of us in Michael.

Please....Michael is fine, in fact he is probably giving concerts up there in the presence of the Lord, however I am not in a hurry to get tickets for it. LOL

I pray Michael is buried in a private site, so he won't be harassed by crazy fans. I know many would like to visit him, but wasn't it good enough during his life he was hounded by fans, at least now let us give him the respect that is warranted to him.

So don't let your Hearts be burden, for Michael is in ENTERNAL GLORY - can I have a AMEN?

RIP Michael, your an Angel with the Golden Glove

I'm glad he's finally being laid to rest but at the same time I have mixed emotions about it. He's really gone. I feel very sad :cry:.

The picture perfect scenario would be for Michael to be buried at Neverland under the giving tree. However, as we have learned from his passing, this world is far from perfect so we have to deal with the shit that we are given. I think forest lawn is not fit for a king....hopefully he can have his OWN memorial and resting place away from everybody else some time down the road.

I can see how painful it is for many of you to realize that Michael will finally be buried. It is a sign of finalizing his passing. However, that body that is gradually decomposing is simply a shell of his time on this Earthly Realm. His spirit is FREE and no one can hurt him ever again.

My parents gave me a glimpse of their near death experiences and I have experience one when I was a child. I can tell you all, DEATH is not the end. Michael simply changed residences. Also the good news, is that we would not recognize Michael if we saw him. Michael Jackson is now tall, dark and handsome. Imagine him in his 30's, dark skin, beautiful smile. He does not look like the way he left this earthly realm.

It is painful, for this to happen now , but I rather see his body {shell } buried and give him the respect since he never got it during his life. I guess burying him simply finalizes for us that he is gone, but yet will never be forgotten.

There are no words to comfort you all. I too have my crying spells, eventhough I never met the man, but I was honored to have attended one of his concerts. I don't cry for celebrities' deaths however Michael was unique among all of them. Maybe because we see a part of us in Michael.

Please....Michael is fine, in fact he is probably giving concerts up there in the presence of the Lord, however I am not in a hurry to get tickets for it. LOL

I pray Michael is buried in a private site, so he won't be harassed by crazy fans. I know many would like to visit him, but wasn't it good enough during his life he was hounded by fans, at least now let us give him the respect that is warranted to him.

So don't let your Hearts be burden, for Michael is in ENTERNAL GLORY - can I have a AMEN?

a very touching analysis balancing sense and sensibility!

This news is weighing heavy in my heart. I've done lots of things to block this undeaniable truth from my mind...I can't believe this angel on earth has flown away :(

I think it is good news...at least he can find a final resting place.

Does that means the autopsy is over as well?

Very comforting.. Thank you. :angel:

I personally just want him to be finally buried.
I don't need to know where.

We dont need to visit his grave. We should get a memorial somewhere, some place of convergance for us fans.

His family deserves to able to visit his own private grave for their own precious memories and pieces to leave. Can you imagine if we knew eher he was, how much media would follow Janet to his grave when all she might want to do is be ALONE with him?

Although we have the best intentions about leaving flowers and things for Michael, wouldnt it feel a little imposing for his family. As much as Im sure they appreciate the well wishes and well wishers, our grief cannot begin to touch theirs. Michael's resting place should be for them... in my humble opinion.

Giving tree on Neverland SHOULD have been his final resting place. If it wasn't for that trial in 2005. Im so sad he had to gone trough the same thing in his last years alive. That made me sad. What the point now, the accusations just feel so completely waste of time.

I wonder hos Gavin, Chandler is feeling. May they rot in hell, with Dom Sheldon.

I think there's a wisdom in our sadness about this and in our intuition that what happens to his actual body *does* matter. It is a deeply human impulse - and certainly part of ancient traditions, including Christian funeral and burial traditions -- to treat the human body after death with respect and care. These rituals can be the expression of tenderness, one last act of taking care of a child, or a parent, or a friend.

Beyond that, for Michael in particular, as troubled or ambivalent as his relationship with his own body may have been, his body was his instrument, and its hard to think of anyone more in touch with his body and the physical world than Michael on stage. Think of all the threads about Michael's smile, his eyes, his dance moves, his voice, his mannerisms - to the extent we know him, or feel we do, it's not as a disembodied soul. He was so fully alive, and it hurts to think about committing his body to the earth.

You expressed so well what I am feeling, but I couldn't find appropriate words. Thank you

I dont think this is going to be secure... and it just doesnt seem right for our Mike.....not good enough. :(

I was debating whether to reply to this thread or not because my heart feels so heavy. Heavier than usual. Like, "MJ to be buried" just really hits it home for me. Wow, he is truly gone from this earth. I wasn't sure if I would be able to type what I feel but I am glad that he is finally being laid to rest. Now, as far as the location, I have mixed feelings about Forest Law and or Neverland. I just want his body to be put in a SAFE and WELL-GUARDED location. We can't really speculate (well, I guess we can but we can never really know the real answer) as to where MJ wanted to be buried because he himself never did disclose that information to anyone, as far I as I know at least. All I do know is that MJ liked everything to be done perfectly and over the top. I mean, the man slept in a bed with sequined sheets and pillows! He really did take the moniker "King Of Pop" to a whole new level, not just with his dancing, singing and or songwriting but the way that he had lived his life.

I just don't want anybody to disrespect his body, even if it is just a shell now because, I mean cmon', that body, was MJ. It was that face that I have always wanted to see, or those hands I've always wanted to shake. Those feet that did the moonwalk so effortlessly and to think that somebody would want to desecrate his grave is just so hurtful. Now, as far as the whole "would it be open to the public?" discussion, I am for it either it being public or private as long as, again, it is well-guarded and watched out for 24/7.

All I know now though is that MJ is gone and my heart yearns to hear his laughter, see that gorgeous smile, those big ol' doe eyes twinkle, and finally the hug from him that I've always longed for which I know will never be a possibility anymore.

For whats it worth guys, there is an interview with the guys at the Coroners Office who said that Michael was treated like any other person but with a little bit more respect due to who he was.

JACKSON SET FOR BURIAL

MICHAEL JACKSON is finally set to be laid to rest - six weeks after he passed away.

Members of the Jackson family have decided to inter the King of Pop at the Forest Lawn Memorial Park cemetery in Los Angeles' Hollywood Hills, reportedly filing paperwork allowing officials to proceed with the burial.
The decision comes after the singer's older brother Jermaine publicly argued his sibling should be buried in the grounds of Neverland, his former home in Santa Barbara, California.

But Jackson's mother Katherine reportedly disagreed, insisting her son never wanted to return to the sprawling estate, which he deserted after his child molestation trial in 2005.

Showbiz writer Ross King tells U.K. morning show GMTV, "The word we are getting is the family has at last signed papers that means he will be buried at Forest Lawn Memorial. It's a famous resting place and lots of famous people are buried there.

"For a while, Neverland was mentioned. That almost happened but didn't quite come to fruition and what we are getting today is that the family has signed papers and Michael will be buried at Forest Lawn cemetery.
"It's certainly one of those places that you can get into but I'm sure when this news comes out now things will be looked at differently there."
Jackson died on 25 June (09) at the age of 50 after suffering a cardiac arrest in his L.A. home.

06 August 2009 12:21
http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/jackson-set-for-burial_1112046

I hate this...

Thats excellent news. I do hope the family do it 'under the radar' so to speak so no one at all in the whole world other than the immediate family, the memorial park and Michael know.

The paps really dont need to be sitting outside photographing the family turning up and then leaving again.

a very touching analysis balancing sense and sensibility!

I personally just want him to be finally buried.
I don't need to know where.

We dont need to visit his grave. We should get a memorial somewhere, some place of convergance for us fans.

His family deserves to able to visit his own private grave for their own precious memories and pieces to leave. Can you imagine if we knew eher he was, how much media would follow Janet to his grave when all she might want to do is be ALONE with him?

Although we have the best intentions about leaving flowers and things for Michael, wouldnt it feel a little imposing for his family. As much as Im sure they appreciate the well wishes and well wishers, our grief cannot begin to touch theirs. Michael's resting place should be for them... in my humble opinion.

I so agree with these posts 100% :yes:

Back