MJ to be buried soon

Thinking about it, I think Forest Lawns is the perfect place for MJ. I know some of his family are buried there. Also I can see from pictures you can see Walt Disney studios from there and we all know how much Michael loved disney!

Jeeez, guys, Michael is, at long last, being laid to rest. This is a good thing. Why are alot of you unhappy about this? So what where his actual body is. His spirit is around each and every one of us. If you go to his grave, you won't see him. You'll see a stone with his name, age and a few words.

I am happy he is being buried at Forest Lawn. I think if he was buried at Neverland, Michael's fortune could have been spent on the running and maintenance of the place (only my thoughts).

Also, the graves of some of the big stars are in locked areas not accessible to the general public so its doubtful MJ's final resting place will be accessible.

for tons of us.. prolly thousands of fans.. this is almost as painful as finding out he has passed. Almost, not as painful but God it's painful. yes we want him to be set in a resting place.. however this is a reality that lot of us have been trying to avoid or try to have not happen for a long, long time. god im even more sadder then i was this morning, didn't think that was possible :(

Michael would love to be buried on the Neverland Ranch, i think the time he said he would never go back to Neverland was because he was very very sad, but in his final months he was trying to recover Neverland, thats why he never really give Neverland away, he once said Neverland was himself:(

for tons of us.. prolly thousands of fans.. this is almost as painful as finding out he has passed. Almost, not as painful but God it's painful. yes we want him to be set in a resting place.. however this is a reality that lot of us have been trying to avoid or try to have not happen for a long, long time. god im even more sadder then i was this morning, didn't think that was possible :(
You are exactly right :cry:

I am actually quite glad to hear that he will soon be laid to rest. It has been bothering me that with all the BS going on that he was just lying there waiting. I know it will be very hard tro see his coffin again and I know it'll set me back in a big way, but I'm glad for him, that he will finally rest.

EM, I think I'd rather be in denial too, havent given much thought to a burial but since checking this thread its made me cry for the first time in a few days!

Oh Emmah24 I agree with you. :( I also was in an ''inspired'' quite positive mood earlier this evening too..............but now since reading about Michael's final resting place has knocked me right back again, not that I'd come far. :doh:

Hugs to you and EVERYONE on here. :(

I heard there are some private areas in Forest Lawn nobody can visit, just family. Personally I wanted his body to be in Neverland so fans could come over and celebrate his life every day. I think he would like it. Forest Lawn is just so simple for King of Pop IMHO.

that's disgusting, people want him at nvr so they can visit. how about a lil peace? he's been bothered his whole life, let him rest in death.

the family doesn't even own the majority stake of nvr so y bury him where u have no control over what goes on?

and katherine doesn't want him to be dug up again. that's prolly y they waited so long. for all the tests to be run so they didnt have to go in and exhume his body. so blah

im glad he'll be close to his kids

that's disgusting, people want him at nvr so they can visit__________________

What so disgusting about paying respect? I do not really get it. Maybe because I grew up in different tradition? In my country of origin celebs and famous people graves always been and always will be open for public. Some graves are around 1000 years old. People and tourists still visit them.

Last edited:
I didnt think it would be this hard. Thought it was getting better. I can't imagine what it has been like for his family and friends. They are going to have to relive the day again once they go to the burial. I'm sure the family will be there when he is buried. I looked at the map of Forest Lawn, it has lots of green and trees. Very peaceful and tranquil. A nice restful place and his grandma is buried there.

So what where his actual body is. His spirit is around each and every one of us. If you go to his grave, you won't see him. You'll see a stone with his name, age and a few words.

I feel you :better: this is supposed to get easier isn't it? but no it's not, not at the moment. I think i'm ok then i hear something or see something and it hits me that he has really gone and now this :no: still to unbearable sometimes, i know michaels body is just a shell now and his spirit is gone but it is still MICHAELS body and i don't want to think about him in the dark i just DON'T :cry::cry:

I think there's a wisdom in our sadness about this and in our intuition that what happens to his actual body *does* matter. It is a deeply human impulse - and certainly part of ancient traditions, including Christian funeral and burial traditions -- to treat the human body after death with respect and care. These rituals can be the expression of tenderness, one last act of taking care of a child, or a parent, or a friend.

Beyond that, for Michael in particular, as troubled or ambivalent as his relationship with his own body may have been, his body was his instrument, and its hard to think of anyone more in touch with his body and the physical world than Michael on stage. Think of all the threads about Michael's smile, his eyes, his dance moves, his voice, his mannerisms - to the extent we know him, or feel we do, it's not as a disembodied soul. He was so fully alive, and it hurts to think about committing his body to the earth.

that's disgusting, people want him at nvr so they can visit__________________

What so disgusting about paying respect? I do not really get it. Maybe because I grew up in different tradition? In my country of origin celebs and famous people graves always been and always will be open for public. Some graves are around 1000 years old. People and tourists still visit them.
every hear o f them desecrating a grave? u can't tell who's a hater and who's a fan w/ genuine grief.

so by putting him in a place where only his family and children can see him is ensuring that his grave is safe.

this is michael jackson. not jimmi hendrix, not james brown, not elvis, michael jackson.

hell, they had notes going over the gate at hayvenhurst threatening to dig up mj's body etc...so c'mon, what would u do?

how could they have it in a public place w/o a guard there all the time? let him be at peace.

every hear o f them desecrating a grave? u can't tell who's a hater and who's a fan w/ genuine grief.

so by putting him in a place where only his family and children can see him is ensuring that his grave is safe.

this is michael jackson. not jimmi hendrix, not james brown, not elvis, michael jackson.

hell, they had notes going over the gate at hayvenhurst threatening to dig up mj's body etc...so c'mon, what would u do?

how could they have it in a public place w/o a guard there all the time? let him be at peace.

Well, there are tons of ways how to avoid it using modern technologies etc. In my country of origin people usually visit somebody’s grave to pray for this soul, to pay respect or just to look if it is very historical, depends. We believe that souls feel much better when many people pray and visit their final place. Never heard about somebody was trying to dig the body. People are usually scared of doing things like this because of law (you can easy go to jail) or most of times because of religious issues.
MJ is part of US history and would say he is a part of the world history and culture as well. I cannot believe that his remains are going to stay somewhere in a little private area. From my (European) point of view it is just kind of disrespectful.

Last edited:

Everything you just said points out the reason Neverland would be the best option for Michael's burial. Forest Lawn is surrounded by millions of people, many of them willing to take a ten minute drive to desecrate his gravesite. I guarantee you more people would attempt to desecrate his grave at Forest Lawn than at Neverland. Forest Lawn also far less secure than Neverland would be as a place to guard his grave site. They could have a guard posted at his grave 24/7 at Neverland, something that ain't gonna happen at Forest Lawn.

For those who say Forest Lawn is closer to the children, remember the children aren't going to live with Grandma forever. Think of the future. Also, Neverland would afford his children far more privacy while visiting their father's grave than Forest Lawn ever would.

For those why say Michael hated Neverland after what happened, I don't buy that. Look how long he held onto it. I believe if he was still alive and his financial situation had been better, he'd still own it. I think Neverland still held a place in Michael's heart right up until the end.

Last edited:
I am happy for Michael that he is finally going to be in his place of rest and can be at peace for once. Maybe his soul will feel better once he knows that his body is no longer in jeopardy just laying in a freezer somewhere :(

I hope that people leave his grave alone for awhile, and give him the dignity he has earned and deserves! I also hope that they encase his casket in concrete, to ensure that there is no (god forbid) foul play done with his casket or his body. It makes me want to sob thinking that people could be so heartless and cruel as to want to vandalize Michael's final place of resting...

It will be good closure for his children and his family though. They will have a place that they will be able to go and visit, leave pictures and notes for him...although I think the public would have a hay day with the items they would leave...I still hope they don't feel as if they can't. I am compelled to leave momentos for my family members at their graves...it keeps them updated on what's going on with the family I believe :)

RIP Michael. You are finally getting the peace that you have always hoped for.

I think there's a wisdom in our sadness about this and in our intuition that what happens to his actual body *does* matter. It is a deeply human impulse - and certainly part of ancient traditions, including Christian funeral and burial traditions -- to treat the human body after death with respect and care. These rituals can be the expression of tenderness, one last act of taking care of a child, or a parent, or a friend.

Beyond that, for Michael in particular, as troubled or ambivalent as his relationship with his own body may have been, his body was his instrument, and its hard to think of anyone more in touch with his body and the physical world than Michael on stage. Think of all the threads about Michael's smile, his eyes, his dance moves, his voice, his mannerisms - to the extent we know him, or feel we do, it's not as a disembodied soul. He was so fully alive, and it hurts to think about committing his body to the earth.

I really love what you just wrote.
I can't understand all those that are saying they don't care what happens to Michael's body.
This whole "it's just a shell that held his spirit" thing... Okay, it was, but I freaking loved that shell as much as the spirit, and I just can't help caring about what happens to it.
Thank you, Juli. I don't feel so shallow anymore:)

Agree with 'uptome'...

Elvis was buried at Graceland AFTER his grave was constantly damaged by people breaking off small pieces as keep sakes and after 3 guys were caught attempting to STEAL his body.

Charlie Chaplins body was stolen, and keep for months until it was found!

We all know and have seen how insane and mad people got with MJ in life, crushing him and stalking him, accusing him off all sh!t... there is no way he will avoid the same attention in Forrest Lawn. Sad but true, peolpe are MAD!

Even if u ignore the MAD people, the normal fans, and public will still go to Forrest Lawn even if they can't get anywhere near MJ, just to be there to see how close u CAN get to his grave.
...helicopters will do private fly overs for tourists, people will want to see the church where the funeral was etc..., he has already been moved from Gordy family tomb because of fears over too much attention.

Daily crowds that will go there will add huge pressure and become a disratcion for the families of all the non famous people at Forrest Lawn, who having paid money to bury their families there will complain...

Neverland is MJ, and if he is put there and it is all cleaned up it returns to being what he loved...
as for fans visiting it's easier to keep secure, and perhaps could be opened a few times a year to limit distractions to the area.

Bury him under the Giving Tree! where he wrote and went to think!

Oh God please yes :doh:
Tenderness for Michael we wouldnt accept anything less. :no:
Without giving a biology lesson I totally echo Juli........... his vocal chords, his feet, from his head to his toes Michael was..........( hate that word 'was') still is..............the greatest individual apart from Christ himself who ever lived.
:clapping:

Let the grave have the shell. It cannot have Jackson's soul. That belongs to God.

Back