Michael Jackson's Mother to Attend Press Conference to Announce International Fan Convention

Really you would pay $897 bucks for those siblings? Heck, not even MICHAEL Jackson who was the biggest super duper star to have ever lived charged that for anything. I wouldn't pay that kind of money for any of them or anyone else as matter of fact. The ones defending this kind of exploitation done by the family would have been the same ones to jump on Michael crucify him had he decided to charge that amount of money.

I would actually never pay 897 bucks for anything actually (unless it was something I really need, I'm too cheap.). I was being sarcastic. :yes:

It's like that cancelled Jermaine tribute, If i can find that thread, I couldn't believe how much tix costed for there. :eek:

It's gonna end up just like Jermaine's tribute cancelled.
nope i think not gen..just posted on twitter she's leaving for the airport..but yeah i wouldn't pay close to 900 dollars to see janet so i sure as hell wouldn't pay that much 2 see gen and Omar what have they done? nothing..their just taking advantage of Michael's death buy charging ppl ridiculous money to see a close family member! -_-

Genevieve leaving for the airport is one thing and ppl actually going to that convention with those outrageous prices is another. IF the prices wouldn't be that ridiculous it would have been a good thing, but with these prices the intentions are pretty clear from the beginning and seriously 900 bucks for folks like Omer, Genevieve and Keith? Uhm Thanks but no thanks.

So if Gen is on her way to Gary now is the press conference tomorrow?

Prices are silly.

I hope this goes off well but I really hope they lower the prices, I won't be able to attend but I think this price is a bit ridiculous for people whom haven't even earned star power yet, they just have some relation to michael.

the press conference will be broadcast live, it starts 1 p.m. CST (have no idea what time it'll be in Europe ;)) and you can watch it here:
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/the-mjfanvention2010-press-conference
It's bit lame, most (or at least part) of us cannot afford to pay so much money and even if I could I wouldn't just to see those young ppl, who - to be honest - didn't achieve a thing yet, but are known because their relation to Michael. I remember, Michael's concert during his HIStory WT was one of the cheapest I've ever attended, those for TII wasn't also so expensive, so the most of fans could afford to go there. Now it's all about money. I prefer to spend this money for my personal trip to the USA :)

the prices are ridiculous and just inforces that opinion that the jacksons leached off mj in life and now death.

I don't see masses of people turning up there to see the likes of Genevieve, KEith and Omer for 900 bucks. This has bad business sense written all over it, a damn shame that it will be Michael's name/fame and rep that will suffer from this badly organized event, the ppl demanding/setting these ridiculous prices have nothing to loose they get facetime and some kind of platform to introduce themselves as their ''career'' isn't much of a career anyway. May the Lord step in and stop this mess

Do we even know who these Fulid Productions people are who are organising it..Donald Thompson..its seems so random?

I don't understand why Katherine & Gen from the family, and Jennifer Batten & whoever else would endorse something with those outragous prices. Its disappointing really.

I don't see masses of people turning up there to see the likes of Genevieve, KEith and Omer for 900 bucks. This has bad business sense written all over it, a damn shame that it will be Michael's name/fame and rep that will suffer from this badly organized event, the ppl demanding/setting these ridiculous prices have nothing to loose they get facetime and some kind of platform to introduce themselves as their ''career'' isn't much of a career anyway. May the Lord step in and stop this mess
Co-sign!

It's also very strange that the BROTHERS are not a part of this "event." I mean, this would be a nice opportunity for them to take the stage, but for whatever reason, they are not participating.

I would have to say that the Brothers taking the stage, as this point, would be way more appealing then Genevieve, Keith and Omer. At least everybody knows who the Jackson Brothers are. LOL!

Whatever is going on, they obviously don't want any part of it. Interesting!

Co-sign!

It's also very strange that the BROTHERS are not a part of this "event." I mean, this would be a nice opportunity for them to take the stage, but for whatever reason, they are not participating.

I would have to say that the Brothers taking the stage, as this point, would be way more appealing then Genevieve, Keith and Omer. At least everybody knows who the Jackson Brothers are. LOL!

Exactly, that's puzzling to me too. I mean, even Jermaine? Strange.

You guys have to remember that Gen and Omer (Idk about Kieth) are trying to break into the buizness. Gen is represented by her mother so I'm sure that's who is behind getting her a part in this. Same goes for Omer. I bet Mrs. Jackson is only there to add credibility to the whole thing.

You guys have to remember that Gen and Omer (Idk about Kieth) are trying to break into the buizness. Gen is represented by her mother so I'm sure that's who is behind getting her a part in this. Same goes for Omer. I bet Mrs. Jackson is only there to add credibility to the whole thing.
Seriously, how long have Gen and Omer been "trying" to break into show business? LOL!

In my opinion, you still need somebody with a NAME to appear on the performance bill and then you can introduce the "newbies." I really can't see folks paying that amount of money to see 3 people nobody knows.

The 3 newbies could have opened for Tito, or Jermaine, or the remaining Jackson members as a whole, that, in my opinion, would have made a lot more sense.

But the price is stupid. The Jackson Five - Jackie, Tito, Jermaine, Marlon, and Michael didn't perform where tickets were $700 or whatever** when they were trying to break into the buisness. They paid their dues singing in all kinds of talent shows and clubs and places making a name for themselves.

I know this is a Michael Jackson Fanvention and there are other things involved, not just a show for them to perform but still they endorse it.

The price would still be too much but, I know..:scratch:

edit: ** ticket prices seem to have altered unless this is just some package you have an option to get -
Full weekend packages, include a four-day pass to Fanvention events, and four nights (August 26 - 29)deluxe hotel accommodations starting at $1,013.32 for a single; $1,627.92 for a double ($813.96 per person); $2,197 for a triple ($732.58 per person); and $2,767.52 for a group of four ($691.88 person).

Tickets seem to have changed to packages -
[FONT=&quot]ATTENTION: [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Tickets go on sale March 29 at 8:58 p.m.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]The first 200 fans will receive an early bird special rate[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](All ticket prices are subject to change, please order as early as possible)[/FONT]​

[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Exclusive MJFanvention2010[/FONT][FONT=&quot]TM[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Four Night Package[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]A Michael Jackson fan experience like no other! Feel like part of the family as we journey back to where it all began in northwest Indiana. We welcome you with VIP treatment to participate in the celebration of the distinctive musical life and legacy of the great Michael Jackson. An informative and fun-filled four days await you:[/FONT]​

• [FONT=&quot]Four nights of deluxe accommodations[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Three days of breakfast[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Never-before-seen memorabilia and footage[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Commemorative lanyards, program booklet and magnet; tote bag; T-shirt; collectible badge[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]VIP access to all events[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Exclusive Jackson Family performances[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Q&A sessions with close professional associates, friends and family[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Autograph and photo sessions with Jacksons and celebrity guests[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Gala concert[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Dance party with Thriller group dance[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Special birthday celebration [/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Access to ongoing tours to Jackson's childhood home[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Tree-planting ceremony at Jackson Family home in Gary[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Exhibits, vendors and more..[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]Full weekend packages, include a four-day pass to Fanvention events, and four nights (August 26 - 29)deluxe hotel accommodations starting at $1,013.32 for a single; $1,627.92 for a double ($813.96 per person); $2,197 for a triple ($732.58 per person); and $2,767.52 for a group of four ($691.88 person).[FONT=&quot] NOTE: ALL TICKETS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE AND NON-EXCHANGEABLE.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT] [FONT=&quot]ABSOLUTELY NO AUDIO OR VIDEOTAPING ALLOWED. Commercial dissemination and commercial use of still photography is strictly prohibited. By attending The MJFanvention2010 event you agree to allow your image to be used on our website and in news documentaries or stories, either filmed by Fluid Entertainment or other entities. [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]All tickets are sold as non-transferrable and non-refundable. Don't buy fake tickets. PROTECT YOURSELF from being turned away at the door: ONLY BUY TICKETS from this website. [/FONT]

I dont think it is that bad since it includes the hotel too especially if you order with a group and room together

Looks like they changed the ticket prices to packages including hotel. As before it was $795 to attend the convention and $225 to attend for just 1 day - both options with no hotel.

But still for one person to go alone for 4 days to this and 4 nights in hotel - $1,013.32

the press conference will be broadcast live, it starts 1 p.m. CST (have no idea what time it'll be in Europe ;)) and you can watch it here:
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/the-mjfanvention2010-press-conference

Has it already happened?

Last edited:
Even with hotel it's darn high those prices are ridiculous. Unless they let you stay at Five Seasons or Hilton. which kind of hotel is even included? If it's a random Holiday Inn or Best Western, no thanks

Has it already happened?

yes, and it wasnt broadcast on ustream in the end, posted by Genevieve on twitter
Sorry, due to technical difficulties, the press conference wasn't able to show on ustream. I apologize. But the video will be on the website

on the website, the tagline is "Next generation of Jacksons take stage"
we know that Genevieve is taking part and that she is trying to break into show buisness

now all this makes me wonder... is this a celebration of Michael, for the fans, or a golden opportunity for showcasing the young Jacksons and getting an easy ride on Michaels name??

Why are none of the more senior, more famous Jacksons involved?

Why are the prices soo high?

"Q&A sessions with close professional associates, friends and family" sounds to me like Majestic, Omar and the young Jacksons........

"Autograph and photo sessions with Jacksons and celebrity guests"
so you have to pay to attend an autograph session with minor Jacksons, when Michael with the exception of the fan event in Japan, never charged for meet and greets and autographs...........

"Gala concert"
sounds to me like Omar, Genevieve and other young Jacksons performing with the hope of getting a record deal, and most likely will be performing their songs, not Michael or Jacksons

"Dance party with Thriller group dance"
most likely the local stage school not professional dancers

I just dont understand.... I always though fan events were organised by fans for fans, with ticket prices which everyone could afford and the money made used to pay expences and not to make a profit for the organisers.....

Why is it that for years and years, in both America and Europe, there have been fan events organised by fans for fans, which Michael and other Jacksons have attended, that have only cost around $40 /£20. These were in times when it was not cool or trendy to be an MJ fan, yet hundresd of people attended these events.. How is it now, that Michael is cool and trendy, that some members of the Jackson family ,think it a perfect way to kickstart their career at a fan convention promoted using Michaels name????

Dont expect to see many International fans attend this, most likely the people attending this will be local or from neigbouring states.

Seriously, how long have Gen and Omer been "trying" to break into show business? LOL!

In my opinion, you still need somebody with a NAME to appear on the performance bill and then you can introduce the "newbies." I really can't see folks paying that amount of money to see 3 people nobody knows.

The 3 newbies could have opened for Tito, or Jermaine, or the remaining Jackson members as a whole, that, in my opinion, would have made a lot more sense.
20 years from now they'll still be trying to break in judging by the past decade .. but that's a whole other issue.
I totally agree heck even Jerms Tito and Marlon would have been better, not to claim they've been worth the money b/c they wouldn't but still u know.
I think the reason why them brothers aren't there performing is b/c they know it's not gonna be big, we all know how some of them want to tour the big stadiums, fill up the Dodgers stadium, get pletny of facetime, have big success etc and all that is impossible without Michael. Didn't someone say Michael was their engine? Well the engine is dead the vehicle is not gonna move any further

Last edited:
yes, and it wasnt broadcast on ustream in the end, posted by Genevieve on twitter
Sorry, due to technical difficulties, the press conference wasn't able to show on ustream. I apologize. But the video will be on the website

on the website, the tagline is "Next generation of Jacksons take stage"
we know that Genevieve is taking part and that she is trying to break into show buisness

now all this makes me wonder... is this a celebration of Michael, for the fans, or a golden opportunity for showcasing the young Jacksons and getting an easy ride on Michaels name??

Why are none of the more senior, more famous Jacksons involved?

Why are the prices soo high?

"Q&A sessions with close professional associates, friends and family" sounds to me like Majestic, Omar and the young Jacksons........

"Autograph and photo sessions with Jacksons and celebrity guests"
so you have to pay to attend an autograph session with minor Jacksons, when Michael with the exception of the fan event in Japan, never charged for meet and greets and autographs...........

"Gala concert"
sounds to me like Omar, Genevieve and other young Jacksons performing with the hope of getting a record deal, and most likely will be performing their songs, not Michael or Jacksons

"Dance party with Thriller group dance"
most likely the local stage school not professional dancers

I just dont understand.... I always though fan events were organised by fans for fans, with ticket prices which everyone could afford and the money made used to pay expences and not to make a profit for the organisers.....

Why is it that for years and years, in both America and Europe, there have been fan events organised by fans for fans, which Michael and other Jacksons have attended, that have only cost around $40 /£20. These were in times when it was not cool or trendy to be an MJ fan, yet hundresd of people attended these events.. How is it now, that Michael is cool and trendy, that some members of the Jackson family ,think it a perfect way to kickstart their career at a fan convention promoted using Michaels name????

Dont expect to see many International fans attend this, most likely the people attending this will be local or from neigbouring states.

:clapping:

Thanks for the info.. and yeh I have to wonder.

The event is taking place at the Radisson Hotel..
International King of Pop Fanvention August 26 – 29, 2010 at the Radisson Hotel at Star Plaza in Merrillville, IN.
I don't know if thats also the hotel included in the package though.

Last edited:
I dont see anyone paying 700-1000+ for this. american or non its just not worth it.
im still confused as to what is worth all that money...the tour of the house would be interesting(but u could just watch the movie they made, i hear its pretty similar)

and this gonna happen in a hotel? they got tree planting going on, dancing...

they should contact fans and see what they would like cuz this isnt exciting

Back