Michael Jackson's Mother to Attend Press Conference to Announce International Fan Convention

no one is dramatic .it is not about penny earning ,with these deals they are making millions.estate is earning money to support is kids and mother ,so why she needs to go behind their back ?.things like this hurt his image ,when Michael himself never charged his fans that amount of money.
She's doing this to support her senior children. Who are all grown middle aged and almost in their 60s themselves. Some of them have even become grandparents. There was a major difference between Michael and them, that's why he got where he got and they kept being stuck and lacked of everything.

She's doing this to support her senior children. Who are all grown middle aged and almost in their 60s themselves. Some of them have even become grandparents. There was a major difference between Michael and them, that's why he got where he got and they kept being stuck and lacked of everything.

Ok, I know she loves her children, but it seems very sad that she has to support a grown person..

Last edited:
This fanvention has been on the internet for months now. I expected Katherine to speak out for it as she is pro-Gary, but I never heard the family had anything to do with it.

The graphics and nearly everything about it have been highly amateurish so far; I hope it improves with time. Most worth seeing would be the local kids performing as the area still has its strong music and dance tradition.

http://nwitimes.com/entertainment/music/ar...d2dbc27000.html

Convention fit for a King of Pop

Michael Jackson fans have "Got to Be There" when the first MJ Fanvention convenes in August.

Plans for the first MJ Fanvention were announced Monday during a news conference at Merrillville's Star Plaza Theatre. The convention, honoring the King of Pop, will be Aug. 26 to 29 at the Radisson Hotel at Star Plaza. The event coincides with what would have been the legendary singer's 52nd birthday on Aug.29.

"This is the only event of its kind taking place near Michael's childhood home (Gary), and it will attract attention to Northwest Indiana," said presenter Renae Brantley, CEO of Fluid Entertainment Inc. and Fluid Productions LLC. "This is also the only event endorsed by the Jackson family."

The convention will feature entertainment by members of the extended Jackson family and other performers, question-and-answer sessions, author talks, tours of the Jackson family home in Gary and more.

"We wanted to honor Michael's stellar career and to recognize his marvelous contribution to the entertainment field," Brantley said.

Singer Genevieve Jackson, daughter of Michael's younger brother, Randy Jackson, appeared at Monday's announcement.

"I'm happy to be here," Genevieve said. "And I'm looking forward to being here in August because this is where it all began," she said, adding her "Uncle Mike" used to tell her what it was like growing up in Indiana. Genevieve will perform at the August event in addition to The Triple Dose Band, led by Michael's cousin Keith Jackson, and various members of the latest generation of Jacksons.

Among other entertainers scheduled to perform is Michael's protege, Omer Bhatti.

"Today we're announcing a very exciting tribute to one of the greatest entertainers of all time," said Charlie Blum, president, CEO and talent buyer for Star Plaza Theatre and Star Productions.

"We're absolutely thrilled to be the host venue for this illustrious event."

Michael's cousins Trent and Kayla Jackson, along with his mother Katherine's assistant, Mary Christmas, appeared via satellite from Encino, Calif. They sent best wishes from Katherine, who originally was scheduled to appear by live feed.

Along with the media and other guests, members of the extended Jackson family who still reside in Northwest Indiana attended the conference.

Evelyn Lahaie, the woman known for naming the Jackson Five, also appeared.

She said she's looking forward to being a part of the August event, where she'll be on a speakers' panel.

"It's a very special time, and it's a chance to honor the family and all they've contributed," Lahaie said.

The MJ Fanvention also will include a special tree planting ceremony at 2 p.m. Aug. 28 at Jackson's childhood home, where Katherine Jackson and other family members will pay tribute to Michael's love for the environment. A VIP gala reception will follow the ceremony at 6, with a concert titled "The Jacksons -- The Next Generation" kicking off at 8 p.m.

The Michael Jackson Birthday Celebration will run from 3 to 5 p.m. Aug. 29 and feature a tribute concert by West Side Theatre Guild.

A portion of the proceeds from the MJ Fanvention will be donated to local charities honoring Michael's commitment to the environment and humanity.

Ticket packages, which went on sale Monday night, range from $1,013.32 for single rooms to $2,767.52 for quad rooms (tax included) and include access to all events and lodging. Tickets can be purchased at www.mjfanvention.com. Stay tuned for future event-only ticket sales. FYI: www.mjfanvention or (877) 653-2658

MJ FANVENTION: Ticket packages, which went on sale Monday night, range from $1,013.32 for single rooms to $2,767.52 for quad rooms (tax included) and include access to all events and lodging. Tickets can be purchased at www.mjfanvention.com. Stay tuned for future event-only ticket sales. FYI: www.mjfanvention or (877) 653-2658

This would have been a really good idea to honor Michael if it weren't so expensive. I feel that someone needs to do something on an annual basis for his birthday and I don't feel the executors are going to step up and do it. I doubt they personally cared for Michael. This would have been the start to a very good tradition but money appears to be their main motive.

This would have been a really good idea to honor Michael if it weren't so expensive. I feel that someone needs to do something on an annual basis for his birthday and I don't feel the executors are going to step up and do it. I doubt they personally cared for Michael. This would have been the start to a very good tradition but money appears to be their main motive.
Its not them who ain't doing ish but the Jackson's interfering in stuff that hasnt got to do ish with them. Period. Regardless of whatever YOU may feel. The administrators are actually planning taking it step by step as it ppl could see throughout the last year and now too with the new album and the cirque the soleil deal.
They know that time is on their side whereas time ain't on the Jackson's side they are driven by greed and jealousy greed for more greed for money hence these pitiful despicable cash in attempts on MJ's legacy (since they dont have one) Regardless of whatever u feel that they would do a better job etc etc, family blood, black etc etc that is not how Michael felt. and it was his decision legacy,name money he left in charge who he wanted to leave in charge. They want to cash in as long as Katherine's here to do so. They know that 10 years from now they will be nowhere to be seen and fooling Michael's kids grown ass middle aged ain't easy either. (as thats the time when they gain control at 40)
The estate like Michael believe in less is more the JAckson's other hand have never heard of this, hence all the Michael over exposure, they are wearing the brand Michael JAckson with those pathetic plans of themselves out. This will fail as everything else that failed which was started by them.
Success is only meant to be for some ppl 50 plus decades have shown it wasn't meant to be for them unless they had someone to ride on his back on
The prices of this event show again that it's all about money for them. Michael never charged this much and he was THE MICHAEL JACKSON, who the heck are they?! To even have the audacity to charge this much for a 3rd class unstructured, pitiful event with ridiculous wanna be' performers?! $900 bucks for Genevie and Keith Jackson?! Seriously?! Who the f_ are they?! GTHOH

Last edited:
The prices of this event show again that it's all about money for them. Michael never charged this much and he was THE MICHAEL JACKSON, who the heck are they?!

No pushy Joe Jackson = No Jackson 5, which would lead onto No Jacksons, then leading onto NO MICHAEL JACKSON! Be god damn grateful we got him. No matter how much we know they treated them badly that if it wasn't for them there wouldn't be a Michael Jackson.

Also Michael Jackson could charge less because the demand was there. So is it any surprise that the Jackson family (NOT MICHAEL!) need to charge a bit extra? With attitudes like yours no wonder events are fizzling into nothing!

How come your Hero Joe was unable to make his other dozen of children huh?! How come all of them failed ?! When it's all due to the great Joe? Seriously. How come Jermaine is as pitiful as he is, how come JErmaine, Randy, Jackie, Tito, Marlon. Layota, Rebbie, Joh Vonnie and all the known and unknown other offspring of him failed BIG TIME when it was all b/c of Joe?! All Joseph did was to abuse the shyte out of Michael to to escape misery and poverty as he himself knew that he couldn't do ish to escape it. Michael's talent brought him where he got. All these folks would be scrubbing toilets across the country if it wasn't for Michael. If Michael had joined the failing line of his siblings.

How come your Hero Joe was unable to make his other dozen of children huh?! How come all of them failed ?! When it's all due to the great Joe? Seriously. How come Jermaine is as pitiful as he is, how come JErmaine, Randy, Jackie, Tito, Marlon. Layota, Rebbie, Joh Vonnie and all the known and unknown other offspring of him failed BIG TIME when it was all b/c of Joe?! All Joseph did was to abuse the shyte out of Michael to to escape misery and poverty as he himself knew that he couldn't do ish to escape it. Michael's talent brought him where he got. All these folks would be scrubbing toilets across the country if it wasn't for Michael. If Michael had joined the failing line of his siblings.

JOE?!!!! WHERE!!!!!!! :wild: :eek::dropdead:

That's enough! People are entitled to opinions...can you just try and calm it please? Just because someone does not agree with you, does not make them a troll!

That's enough! People are entitled to opinions...can you just try and calm it please? Just because someone does not agree with you, does not make them a troll!
yes i will hold my tongue from now on stacey since u dont like my posts i will post as u want me to.

No pushy Joe Jackson = No Jackson 5, which would lead onto No Jacksons, then leading onto NO MICHAEL JACKSON! Be god damn grateful we got him. No matter how much we know they treated them badly that if it wasn't for them there wouldn't be a Michael Jackson.
mj talent is so over whelming theres no way he would have never come to the forefront. it would just have been years later which would have been no bad thing

Also Michael Jackson could charge less because the demand was there. So is it any surprise that the Jackson family (NOT MICHAEL!) need to charge a bit extra? With attitudes like yours no wonder events are fizzling into nothing!
greed and making money off your dead bro cause he aint there to pay the bills anymore. the only events that matter are ones arranged and endorsed by the estate.not ppl trying to make money off mj whoever they maybe

Katherine is not doing all this for her children...she is doing it for herself and Joe Jackson. If she was doing it for her children, Randy would NOT HAVE put her on blast on twitter....

Katherine has her own large debt to pay...

Last edited:
Katherine is not doing all this for her children...she is doing it for herself and Joe Jackson. Is she was doing it for her children, Randy would put her on blast on twitter....

what debt? i know about the korean one .

Katherine is not doing all this for her children...she is doing it for herself and Joe Jackson. Is she was doing it for her children, Randy would put her on blast on twitter....

Yeah, this makes sense. If this was about making money for her grown ass children, why is Randy being so vocal against these projects?

michael himself also said that while he had talent,his father taught him how to cultivate it.
and he also said joe taught him everything he knew about being on stage and working the crowd. he had his good points too. i know the bad outweighs the good but still...

so now gen is not performing at this event she just posted it on twitter i dnt whether to feel happy or sorry for the ppl/ fans that has already purchased a ticket...

so now gen is not performing at this event she just posted it on twitter i dnt whether to feel happy or sorry for the ppl/ fans that has already purchased a ticket...

well if they bought tickets just to see gen sing then... lol

Whatever happened with this?

Apparently it's happening. They are looking for people who were born at the same hospital and on the same day as Michael and they want to honor them (for some reason)

Apparently it's happening. They are looking for people who were born at the same hospital and on the same day as Michael and they want to honor them (for some reason)
Yes.....

Looking for Michael Jackson's birthmates

By Eloise Marie Valadez Eloise.Valadez@nwi.com 219.933.3365 | Posted: Tuesday, August 17, 2010 12:00 am | 1 Comment

Did you come into the world the same day as the King of Pop? Or more specifically, where you born at Gary's Mercy Hospital on Aug. 29, 1958?
Fluid Productions, producers of the MJFanvention 2010, is searching for 12 people who were born the same day and in the same hospital as Michael Jackson. Jackson's birthmates will be honored during the MJFanvention, scheduled Aug. 26 to 29, at the Radisson Hotel and Star Plaza Theatre in Merrillville.
The 12 individuals sought who were also born with Jackson are:
• Baby Boy Kelly, born to Mr. and Mrs. James Kelly, who resided at 2436 Pennsylvania
• Baby Girl Aldridge, born to Mr. and Mrs. Roy Aldridge, who resided at 3600 West 48th Place
• Baby Girl Klaker, born to Mr. and Mrs. Edmund Klaker, who resided at 1209 East 36th Place
• Baby Boy Hein, born to Mr. and Mrs. Raymond Hein, who resided at RR2, Box 317, Crown Point
• Baby Girl Dickerson, born to Mr. and Mrs. Paul Dickerson, who resided at 813 Club Crest
• Baby Girl Fieth, born to Mr. and Mrs. Herbert Fieth, who resided at 1314 East 6th Avenue
• Baby Boy Damjanovic, born to Mr. and Mrs. Radovan Damjanovic, who resided at 724 Connecticut
• Baby Boy Hamer, born to Mr. and Mrs. David Hamer, who resided at 2405 Buchanan
• Baby Girl Smith, born to Mr. and Mrs. Willie Smith, who resided at 2757 Monroe
• Baby Boy Morris, born to Mr. and Mrs. Issac Morris, who resided at 2600 Johnson
• Baby Girl Artis, born to Mr. and Mrs. Orsten Artis, who resided at 1717 Adams
• Baby Girl Smith, born to Mr. and Mrs. Lucius Smith, who resided at 1625 Jackson
These individuals or people who know the whereabouts of the King of Pop's birthmates should contact Fluid Productions CEO Renae Brantley at (219) 980-0346.
Individuals who fit the criteria must provide an original or official copy of his/her birth certificate. Jackson's official birthmates will then be celebrated guests at the MJFanvention. They'll receive a weekend pass for the festivities as well as a birthday gift basket.

Posted in Music on Tuesday, August 17, 2010 12:00 am Updated: 4:30
http://www.nwitimes.com/entertainment/music/article_df4fcf32-02b7-51ef-ad68-7316c2787cd4.html

Thread:

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95350

Well, many fans will participate this? I have not seen any fan commenting that will. :unsure:

To be honest, I wasn't expecting much for this "fanvention."

First of all, the prices were way to high, consider there were no high-profile people involved with this event. You can't be asking for all of that money and giving basically NOTHING in return. If they want this to be an annual event, they will have to step up their game, in my opinion.

The "fanvention" people need to take a page out of Spike Lee's handbook. Spike's joint was FREE and 50,000 people showed up.

To be honest, I wasn't expecting much for this "fanvention."

First of all, the prices were way to high, consider there were no high-profile people involved with this event. You can't be asking for all of that money and giving basically NOTHING in return. If they want this to be an annual event, they will have to step up their game, in my opinion.

The "fanvention" people need to take a page out of Spike Lee's handbook. Spike's joint was FREE and 50,000 people showed up.
Girl you and I, both of us know that the family will never ever ever organize anything for free, judging by the videos it turned out just like I expected it to be.. got a question 4 all the J-fam fans, did ya'll get the authograph of Keith Jackson ya'll were gushing about? lol

The fanvention turned out better than I expected because I didn't think anyone would pay those type of prices and some people did.

Back