Michael Jackson's Mother to Attend Press Conference to Announce International Fan Convention

Well, in MJ's case I think anyone who knows the Jacksons' history would understand. They LOVE money, but they are not good with it...from the father & mother to the youngest sibling.

So...i can say it enough, people who thought MJ wasn't a smart businessman were fooled. Leaving the estate out of his family's grip was probably the best decision he has even made business-wise for his children' sake. Sooner rather than later, the kids will understand why...

I agree with you.

Well the big performers are superstars Omer and Genevieve along with Keith signing autographs. Although at this point Omer's participation is highly unlikely but we shall see:yes:

Just think of that!!! :wild:
I am soooooooo willing to ever see Omer on stage.... just as much as he is willing to see me.... :ermm:
Poor Michael.

Northwest Indiana Preparing for Weekend-Long Michael Jackson Fan Celebration

Event schedule set for Michael Jackson Fans to celebrate the King of Pop's birthday August 26 - 29. Celebration just 10 minutes from childhood home.

Gary, IN (PRWEB) May 3, 2010 -- The MJFanvention2010 has been in the planning stages for months. The schedule is now set for the only Michael Jackson fan celebration near his childhood home and where it all began for him and his brothers. During the weekend of August 26 – 29 at the MJFanvention2010 at the Radisson Hotel and Star Plaza at Star Theater in Merrillville, a host of fans will participate in an all out celebration of the King of Pop's life.

Attendees will be near his childhood home which is only 10 minutes from the Radisson Hotel and Star Plaza where most of the activities will occur. They will also participate in a weekend of fun activities all having a Michael Jackson theme.

“One of the highlights of the weekend will be the Friday night dance party where everyone can dress up like Michael Jackson, dance to his music and meet other fans. We will have prizes for the best moonwalk, costume and of course, we will feature the best Michael Jackson dance music,” said Karen Williams of Fluid Productions, LLC, the organizing company.

One of the highlights of the weekend will be the Friday night dance party where everyone can dress up like Michael Jackson, dance to his music and meet other fans," said Karen Williams of Fluid Productions, LLC organizers of the event. Williams said that on Saturday evening, the community will present a spectacular special tribute to Michael Jackson at the Star Plaza Theatre. The tribute features the story of Michael Jackson – from his beginnings in Gary until his untimely passing in June, 2009.
“It will be an awesome show that features some of the best talent from throughout Northwest Indiana and Chicagoland. Some of whom, could be getting their start in Northwest Indiana just like Michael Jackson. Fans will be surprised at the level of talent that is still in Gary,” said Williams.

On Sunday, fans can participate at a celebration baseball game at the Southshore Railcats stadium. The team will play in honor of Michael Jackson (The Jackson brothers were involved in Little League) and will share birthday cake with the fans. The stadium also houses the 6-foot granite Michael Jackson monument -- the only one in the area.

Also at the MJFanvention2010 will be Jennifer Batten, premier guitarist, who traveled with Michael Jackson on three of his world tours. The guitarist, who was known for her powerful performances and long blonde hair, has developed a tribute to Jackson in her current show. She will share how she met Michael and the preparation for those wildly successful tours.

Along with Batten, Michael Jackson’s Indiana family will share never before seen photos and stories of Jackson as a child. Theresa Gonsalves, who says she is the real Billie Jean that inspired Jackson’s 1983 mega hit of the same name, will share her purported 30 year relationship with Jackson. In her book Remember the Time: A True Intimate Look at Michael Jackson, she has penned a collection of letters to the late singer.

Author Aphrodite Jones, who had a front row seat at the 2005 Michael Jackson trial as reporter for Fox News, will share how the media tired to discredit Jackson and rush to a presumption of guilt. Jones, who too was caught up in the media frenzy will share why she changed her mind.

From 1988 – 2005, David Nordahl completed thousands of drawings and approximately a dozen commissions of Jackson. During these years, he developed a deep friendship and respect for Jackson’s intelligence, wit and compassion. He will bring prints and drawings to share.

“We want everyone to come. The entire region will be celebrating Michael Jackson,” said Williams.
The full schedule of events can be found at mjfanvention.com.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2010/05/prweb3951814.htm

I'm gonna call the organizers with my scoop....I am Susie, I inspired BOTDF.

Notice how my name ends w/ "ie"...like Billie Jean or Annie.

Last edited:
Along with Batten, Michael Jackson’s Indiana family will share never before seen photos and stories of Jackson as a child. Theresa Gonsalves, who says she is the real Billie Jean that inspired Jackson’s 1983 mega hit of the same name, will share her purported 30 year relationship with Jackson. In her book Remember the Time: A True Intimate Look at Michael Jackson, she has penned a collection of letters to the late singer.

4368157700_9e562fc3ee.jpg

my thought exactly Michael....my thought exactly

Theresa Gonsalves, who says she is the real Billie Jean that inspired Jackson’s 1983 mega hit of the same name, will share her purported 30 year relationship with Jackson. In her book Remember the Time: A True Intimate Look at Michael Jackson, she has penned a collection of letters to the late singer.

... so SHE is the GROUPIE that inspired him to record Billie Jean? :D

Northwest Indiana Preparing for Weekend-Long Michael Jackson Fan Celebrationhttp://www.prweb.com/releases/2010/05/prweb3951814.htm

I "guess" things ain't going according to plan, if they are releasing a SECOND press statement. No major outlet picked up the first story, let's see what happens this time around.

I don't know who Theresa Gonsalves is, but good Lord it does appear that they are scraping the bottom of the barrel in order to fatten up the "entertaiment" list for this venture.

does the J family really lack of money? why they are going to hold it? the cast is too low and the ticket is too ridiculous.

does the J family really lack of money? why they are going to hold it? the cast is too low and the ticket is too ridiculous.
To be honest, it appears that the Jackson family is not really involved with this venture.

Aside from some second and/or third generation family members, nobody else seems to be involved with this venture.

I mean, they couldn't even get Ms. Katherine to make a PUBLIC statement in support of this event.

In my opinion, it's just some LESSER known Jackson's trying to get some attention under the guise of a "Michael Jackson Fanvention."

i guess the tickets are also overpriced..and not too many buying ot.
(of course i dunno their sale tool so i may be wrong)

Theresa Gonsalves, who says she is the real Billie Jean that inspired Jackson’s 1983 mega hit of the same name, will share her purported 30 year relationship with Jackson. In her book Remember the Time: A True Intimate Look at Michael Jackson, she has penned a collection of letters to the late singer.
:bugeyed

I do not think she'll be there. lol! :doh: So now I can say that will be a little bizarre that event. -_- :ph34r:

To be honest, it appears that the Jackson family is not really involved with this venture.

Aside from some second and/or third generation family members, nobody else seems to be involved with this venture.

I mean, they couldn't even get Ms. Katherine to make a PUBLIC statement in support of this event.

In my opinion, it's just some LESSER known Jackson's trying to get some attention under the guise of a "Michael Jackson Fanvention."

co-sign.

I come back to this thread and again, this all still seems to be a bit sloppy and chaotic to me.

Have'nt people learned anything from Michael? some people seem to using Michael for their own selfish means.

When this first came out I thought it might be a interesting event to attend.. But now reading all the information it doesn't look like something I wish to be a part of it all seems very... Trashy? If they would put some more thought into this and bring better "guests" and not worry so much about making a dollar it might be more eventful..

Is this even still happening? Their superstar guest Omer is on a boat... guess Genevieve and Keith are going to make up for him..

Is this even still happening? Their superstar guest Omer is on a boat... guess Genevieve and Keith are going to make up for him..

mmm.... wasn't Randy worried about this? :scratch:

Oh no... that was Rome.
In this case, maybe there is no need for hims to be worry now for he DOES know for sure where the money is going to? :2cents:

:doh:

Should we add this "tribute" to the list of those "greatest ever"-never-done tributes?

:yawn:

what boat? lol

He's been performing on a Cruise Ship, and of course with some MJ influenced clothing/moves. Try googling him, there's articles about it out there, I just don't want to give certain "sites" the benefit of a link. It may even be somewhere on this board-

He's been performing on a Cruise Ship, and of course with some MJ influenced clothing/moves. Try googling him, there's articles about it out there, I just don't want to give certain "sites" the benefit of a link. It may even be somewhere on this board-
'

oh i see thanks for the info :) I don't think I'll google him though, you gave me all the info I needed to satisfy my curiousity on the subject :)

So anyone going to this fanvention? Is it even happening at all? I am thinking of going to Gary around those dates, and a friend I am going with really wants to attend a day when Aphrodite Jones is supposed to do a speech there. However, I am still on the fence about the whole thing.

what do you think?

So anyone going to this fanvention? Is it even happening at all? I am thinking of going to Gary around those dates, and a friend I am going with really wants to attend a day when Aphrodite Jones is supposed to do a speech there. However, I am still on the fence about the whole thing.

what do you think?

if u ask me ,it is not approved by estate so it is not going to benefit mj3 or his estate .money is going for jackson family foundation that means joe and other greedy one .i will not support any thing which is going to hurt mj3 and his estate.

if u ask me ,it is not approved by estate so it is not going to benefit mj3 or his estate .money is going for jackson family foundation that means joe and other greedy one .i will not support any thing which is going to hurt mj3 and his estate.

yeah, my thoughts exactly... I think I'll pass on this one...

I'd be a bit weary about going to events that aren't estate approved. At least if its approved by the estate it benefits the kids, if not all it benefits is the promoters to make money off Michael's name which is wrong.

I'd be a bit weary about going to events that aren't estate approved. At least if its approved by the estate it benefits the kids, if not all it benefits is the promoters to make money off Michael's name which is wrong.
But won't it benefit katherine as well who is guardian of the kids.

Katherine is getting enough money from estate ,she is going behind their back which is indeed hurting kids and his estate.
It's not hurting them, people are so dramatic. The kids and the estate will be fine. It would make more sense for the family to work with the estate but she must be doing this for a reason. The estate may not benefit but katherine will and she is looking after michael's kids so i think she's looking after everyone's interest plus the estate is still making millions.

It's not hurting them, people are so dramatic. The kids and the estate will be fine. It would make more sense for the family to work with the estate but she must be doing this for a reason. The estate may not benefit but katherine will and she is looking after michael's kids so i think she's looking after everyone's interest plus the estate is still making millions.

no one is dramatic .it is not about penny earning ,with these deals they are making millions.estate is earning money to support is kids and mother ,so why she needs to go behind their back ?.things like this hurt his image ,when Michael himself never charged his fans that amount of money.

Back