Michael Jackson Sues Julien's Auction/Settles MJ will keep all items

Re: Breaking News: Michael Jackson Sues Julien's Auction/Settles MJ will keep all items

From Dr Tohme Tohme and MJJ Productions:

Quote:
Press Release

“Dr. Tohme R. Tohme and Darren Julien are pleased to announce that an agreement has been reached today that allows Michael Jackson to retain ownership of the Collection of Michael Jackson. There was so much interest from so many of Jackson’s fans that instead of putting the items in the hands of private collectors, Dr. Tohme and Julien Auctions have made arrangements that will allow the collection to be shared with and enjoyed by Jackson’s fans for many years to come.

“The public exhibition of this wonderful collection belonging to the King of Pop will continue through April 25th in Beverly Hills adjacent to the Beverly Hilton Hotel.

“Dr. Tohme and Julien’s Auction are also pleased to announce that MJJ Productions and Julien’s Auction will each be making a substantial donation to MusiCares to benefit artists in need.”

From Tohme himself exclusively through MaxJax.

Last edited:
Re: Breaking News: Michael Jackson Sues Julien's Auction

The auction is cancelled completely or he will get some things back and other things will go on sale as planned?

Things will continue on display but the entire auction itself is cancelled. There has been an official joint press release and some money is still going to the charity.

The wording was interesting. It sounds like they will set up some sort of 'museum/permanent display' although it was just implied.

Oops. Dangerous posted the press release ahead of my coments. Thanks.

Re: Breaking News: Michael Jackson Sues Julien's Auction/Settles MJ will keep all items

Woa.......well alright Michael!!!!

I don't know what to think of this. I definitely wasn't expecting this...

Another Victory for MJ!

Woo hoo!! *does a victory dance and jumps all around* :jump: .... :blink: :lol:

That's awesome news!!

"There was so much interest from so many of Jackson's fans that instead of putting the items in the hands of private collectors, Dr. Tohme and Julien's Auction House have made arrangements that will allow the collection to be shared with and enjoyed by Jackson's fans for many years to come," read a joint statement from Jackson spokesman Dr. Tohme R. Tohme and auction organizer Darren Julien.

Does this sound like a museum or something like that opening up with his stuff in it maybe? :D

so glad its over. when i was watching acces hollywood it was like wow its gonna happern..but its not yaya!!! but i wudnt mind having those big ass pictures in my house that they had @ each section

YES!! As should be, congrats Michael 'feel like soaring I love you !
Gods continued Blessing and may your remaining day stay on a sweet note,nite nite' smiling' hug)

Maybe Neverland will now become a museum like Graceland. Just a thought.

See, this is what I don't understand....

Why was authorization given for this in the first place? why was'nt this settled in the beginning which would have saved Julienas Auction that 2mil they claimed to have spent? (and I wonder if MJ is gonna have to repay this amount), why let this continue and now at the last moment settle with MJ and his team? And what about the people who bought catalogues, is'nt there an issue with that?

I'm puzzled, I'm glad MJ gets to keep his things but obviously there was intent to put these things up for auction if not everything.

YES!!!!!!!!

Whhooooootttt!!!

Truley, this is happpppy times for MJ. I bet he must he singing 'I FEEL GOOD!' (james brown) like everywhere hehe
Imagine him in the shower singng that song :rofl:

I am just so glad this happened, as I believe with all true Michael fanatics.

WOW!
OK i really never understood the auction and why Juliens defenately was allowed to take MJ`s personal stuff and now not anymore...

THATS GREAT! but i`d like to know more about it..

Probably thats the reason why Michael was spotted in Beverly Hills Hotel so often the last weeks and was photographed SMILING??? just a thought...:)

Good for Michael! Glad that it turned out well for both parties and at least we now know Dr. Tohme R. Tohme is still working for Michael. Where's Leonard Rowe and Dileo? :lol: :lol:

Well this is a nice surprise. It sounds like they all are happy (or satisfied anyways) with the outcome. What it sounds like to me is that Julien's will still be selling the catalog's and maybe they get the proceeds from that to help pay for what they've already put into it. The displays will be open till the 25th so that fans and admirers or anyone interested can view them which costs $20 per person which probably also goes to Juliens. Then after the 25th Michael will get his stuff back.
Correct me if I am wrong but that's what I got from the article. There are probably other terms but they weren't mentioned. I'd say this was great advertising for Juliens and it seems like it worked out well for both of them.

Edit: just read the press release. Sounds like they may all have plans for the "Michael Jackson collection" to be put on display somewhere where fans or others can view them "from years to come" as they say, but it still belongs to Michael. Maybe when he wants them back and has a place for them, then he can get them back? Who knows. I am just speculating now. :) It's good though. This is nice.

Well yes
Im sure MJ will be reimbursing Julein auction for their services
and both have agreed to make donations to Music cares _ It looks
like they came to an agreement _ The press release did say MJ
was concerned about fans and decided to place the items where
they can be enjoyed ... most likely for yrs to come _ :)

Of course Julien will get paid for thier services - Its most likely part of
the agreement_ MJ wouldnt expect them to do all that for Nothing and
a court wouldnt allow that they not get paid for their services _

MJ changed his mind after MANY told him the
items should be kept for posperity and not sold.
He learned of the fans and others concern and
thought better _ Just My humble opinion :cheeky:

He did the right thing in stopping it

Good for Michael! Glad that it turned out well for both parties and at least we now know Dr. Tohme R. Tohme is still working for Michael. Where's Leonard Rowe and Dileo? :lol: :lol:

But we don't know that Tohme Tohme is the ONLY person working in a management capacity for Michael. Someone else here was expaining Tohme's job as opposed to some other manager. We will just have to wait and see. Like with everything about himself, Michael is pretty good at keeping it under wraps.

What a magical and wonderful thought indeed. Definately some sort of permanant exhibit or longetrm venture has been hinted. I am excited to learn more details now. I hope MJJCommunity will keep us informed on this.

can someone tell me what happened to the big jackson collection years ago that was sold/auctioned by a man in las vegas?? did the jackson get that back too????

can someone tell me what happened to the big jackson collection years ago that was sold/auctioned by a man in las vegas?? did the jackson get that back too????

Michael and Janet got their stuff back. Other things were sold.

Thank god it's over. I'm glad to see MJ fight back and actually win.

I'm so glad this has been resolved for Michael's sake. But I have to be Debbie Downer here, why is Thome now being referred to as "DR" again. Wasn't it established that he is indeed no longer a doctor of anything by his own decision? And this being released by MaxJax, versus a reasonably reliable news source? Why was MaxJax chosen as the source to relay this to us (the fan world and all others).

IDK, maybe from years of seeing/reading all sorts of people using Michael, something just doesn't sit right with me.
so
Sorry-so very good for Michael, but something still isn't sitting right with me here. But ultimately, if Michael's happy with the outcome, so be it.

well well well

hehehe...another day, another victory.:yes:

it's over.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/aleqm5jgs4jrldb8ugkm_hawrr5b6m0x9wd97iggc83

jackson's stuff not for sale following settlement
16 minutes ago

los angeles (ap) — michael jackson's possessions aren't going to the auction block after all.

Julien's auction house and a spokesman for jackson said tuesday that the singer will retain possession of some 2,000 items from neverland ranch as part of a dispute settlement. The exhibition to promote the sale, which has been open to the public, will continue through april 25.

Jackson's production company sued auction organizer darren julien to halt the sale in early march. A judge blocked one effort by mjj productions to cancel it earlier this month, and another was scheduled to hear arguments wednesday for an injunction.

Julien has said he spent $2 million organizing the sale, which another auctioneer estimated could have fetched $12 million.
Flippin' awesome! Way to go, michael! :)

And yes, I did get my catalogs. They are rare now!

See, this is what I don't understand....

Why was authorization given for this in the first place? why was'nt this settled in the beginning which would have saved Julienas Auction that 2mil they claimed to have spent? (and I wonder if MJ is gonna have to repay this amount), why let this continue and now at the last moment settle with MJ and his team? And what about the people who bought catalogues, is'nt there an issue with that?

I'm puzzled, I'm glad MJ gets to keep his things but obviously there was intent to put these things up for auction if not everything.

as a family member would say.. no one died over it so .................let's move on...

I'm glad it's over... but what happens to all those people who brought catologs?

The Auction is cancelled but the exhibition will continue through
the 25th of April and the Catologs of Michael's belongings will
continue to be sold _ you can now purchase single catalogs
or the whole book .

Im glad becuase I want A Catolog of these items.

But we don't know that Tohme Tohme is the ONLY person working in a management capacity for Michael. Someone else here was expaining Tohme's job as opposed to some other manager. We will just have to wait and see. Like with everything about himself, Michael is pretty good at keeping it under wraps.

just to put my 2cents in... after how Ms Bains was treated and how involved fans were with Backerman...I can certainly understand why Michael is keeping his inner circle guarded....

Wow! That's awesome!!!

Thanks God! Michael didn't deserve to have to go through this right now... Now he can be happy and focus on the concerts and move on with his life! :)

I'm so happy!!!

...................Awwwww,congrats Michael!!!:D:yes::wub:

This is what I have always hoped would happen. I am so happy that Michael got his stuff back. Looks like he got all of it back.

Well, I don't know about Rowe, but I expect to see DiLeo on the tour.

Why was Frank even fired in the first place?

Back