Michael Jackson Sues Julien's Auction/Settles MJ will keep all items

Re: Breaking News: Michael Jackson Sues Julien's Auction/Settles MJ will keep all items

Oh we don't got to get into that. Anyway this was waaaay unexpected for me; yay anyway.

Re: Breaking News: Michael Jackson Sues Julien's Auction/Settles MJ will keep all items

Ooohh...this was totally unexpected and wonderful!! Yeah!

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/alltherage/

...A statement from Jackson's representative Tohme Tohme said that "there was so much interest from so many of Jackson’s fans that instead of putting the items in the hands of private collectors, Dr. Tohme and Julien Auctions have made arrangements that will allow the collection to be shared with and enjoyed by Jackson’s fans for many years to come."

Reached by phone he added, "I think we are going to have a beautiful museum someday for Michael."

well lol i don't like the whole "the fans wanted...." cuz honestly, he did it cuz he wanted to keep his stuff. y spend that much cuz a third party wanted u to keep it?

and im sure mj had to fork over a pretty penny to 'stop' this auction from happening. oh well. now he's gotta find a storage facility and remember to pay the bill so what happened w/ vacarro doesn't hapen again.

u know, perhpas mj thought he needed the money the auction would garner when he agreed for it to go on but then when the O2 shows were such a success he realized that hell! He didn't need to sell his stuff ...

:p

Just an idea of what MIGHT have been michael's though process about this whole thing. :/

A statement from Jackson's representative Tohme Tohme said that "there was so much interest from so many of Jackson’s fans that instead of putting the items in the hands of private collectors, Dr. Tohme and Julien Auctions have made arrangements that will allow the collection to be shared with and enjoyed by Jackson’s fans for many years to come." Reached by phone he added, "I think we are going to have a beautiful museum someday for Michael."
Yay!!! :girl_happy::clapping::D

This is such great news! When I saw the whole thing put together, I thought wow how beautiful and wouldn't it be great if a museum like this could be opened. The interest was worldwide, here in Australia, the news was reporting its updates everyday!

I really think they agreed why not keep the interest long term, the'll forever be making money that way rather then short term cash!

Wow this is great news! So happy for Michael!

Maybe now my dream of visiting NeverLand in all its entirety might someday come true :p

i still wanna know how 2get those big ass pictures

Re: Breaking News: Michael Jackson Sues Julien's Auction

"There was so much interest from so many of Jackson's fans that instead of putting the items in the hands of private collectors, Dr. Tohme and Julien's Auction House have made arrangements that will allow the collection to be shared with and enjoyed by Jackson's fans for many years to come," read a joint statement from Jackson spokesman Dr. Tohme R. Tohme and auction organizer Darren Julien.

Sweetness! :cloud9:

Well, there goes that miracle. :) Thank you, God! And Congratulations, Michael!

Thanks to all for the updates. I know some weren't expecting this but I suspected IF a decent settlement was to be reached it would have to come no later than today...before that hearing tomorrow. I'm ecstatic to know they were able to work out this messy situation to both sides' satisfaction. This Twilight Zone episode is finally over. Hallelujah! :lol:

Now, about those gates... :shifty: :naughty: :p

Last edited:

I think it may be possible that Juliens will manage a museum dedicated to Michael and all of this stuff will be on long term display at the museum with Michael being the sole owner. Now that would be great.

This is fantastic news!!
So very happy for michael :D

That's a very good news and I am so happy for Michael .Do you think we still can go and see the items ?

I JUST LOVE THIS HAPPY ENDING!!:wub:

"There was so much interest from so many of Jackson's fans that instead of putting the items in the hands of private collectors, Dr. Tohme and Julien's Auction House have made arrangements that will allow the collection to be shared with and enjoyed by Jackson's fans for many years to come," read a joint statement from Jackson spokesman Dr. Tohme R. Tohme and auction organizer Darren Julien.:clapping:

Excuse me, as I'm a little tipsy right now. Se he just won back ALL of the items? Not just some of them?

i still wanna know how 2get those big ass pictures

Ha ha ha:rofl:

This is good news to hear....

I guess I was right after all. I knew Mike better than he did himself.

Thank God he decided to stop this mess.

This is such wonderful news. I couldn't be any happier.

Thank You, God!! God is GOOD. I'm especially glad that this news made its way to the mainstream media! It sounded so good coming from the TV in the next room!! Ah what a victory!! :lol: maybe now they'll stay out of his business for a while and just leave him alone.

I guess I was right after all. I knew Mike better than he did himself.

Thank God he decided to stop this mess.

I hear ya! I have been so happy all day. I guess because I felt it was not good taste for Julien's to sell the property of someone who doesn't want their stuff sold. I don't care how it got to the auction...he wanted stuff back. So why not give it back to him?

Julien's knew all along that they were gonna have to give him his stuff back, but look how "confident" they'd been talking for weeks. And then they tried to play the victim as if Michael had not been fair to them.

I am glad for other reasons, though. I am sick and tired of black legends not leaving a legacy for their children to preserve and cherish. I want to see P, P and B inherit their father's legacy and estate because they deserve it. And nobody is gonna celebrate Michael's legacy like his own children. I want to see them tell their father's story and Michael's belongings should be passed down to them so that they can properly honor their father for future generations.

I am so happy. I never felt that Michael intended to give his whole house away like that.

OMG!!! What great news to wake up to!! Wooohoooo!!!!!

Its a shame !!!! Shame, Shame!
This is it!

Its a shame and scandal!

We can expect that some of the gigs in London will be cancelled as well... its highly probable!!!
What can we expect from such amateurish management like MJs has....!!!

Its a shame and scandal!

We can expect that some of the gigs in London will be cancelled as well... its highly probable!!!
What can we expect from such amateurish management like MJs has....!!!

Why? It was a shame and a scandal that the items were up for grabs in the first place! Now, with any luck, they can be shared by ALL fans in a museum or something and create a legacy for his children (instead of just those rich enough to be able to buy a small selection for themselves).

As for cancelling gigs, if he's sick he may have to cancel or postpone, but I really don't think he'd do it unless it was a last resort.

great news,glad it,s all over for michael.

Why? It was a shame and a scandal that the items were up for grabs in the first place! Now, with any luck, they can be shared by ALL fans in a museum or something and create a legacy for his children (instead of just those rich enough to be able to buy a small selection for themselves).

As for cancelling gigs, if he's sick he may have to cancel or postpone, but I really don't think he'd do it unless it was a last resort.

The thing is that there was an idea of selling the things off during/at the auction.
Somebody arranged that and now after the worldwide promotion its cancelled?
Oh yeah, by accident... they settled their "interests"...

If anybody wanted to create a museum of MJs legacy with these things, he cold do it without the promotion for the auction!

What about these people who have bought the catalogs for 100-200 dollars?

It seems like MJJPs has taken part in "official fraud", Julien Auction house arranged everything to present the auction as something really BIG, and than... its cancelled.
For MJJPs it was maybe cheaper than do it by themselves.:tease:

A few days ago there were videos on Access, beautiful vids about the exhibition... and now...:bugeyed

There has been.... too many settlements by Michael and his management against individuals who were in some business connections with Michael!

And we wonder why Michael is sued so often... :doh:

Back