"Michael", a biopic about Michael Jackson, is officially happening.

Yes, they apparently fired the consultant who didn't fact check the quotes. The actual idea was creative, though its appreciation among viewers was probably divided and somewhat confusing to some.

Marketing movies which have no particular target audience but society as a whole can be a great challenge and quite portentous to the subject of this thread.
I agree the idea was creative, a shame it turned out to be a sham

I hope they release something on Thursday
5b546f3df2f4e664a5c4dad429d4425d.jpg

Some more info, a new photo of Jaafar as Michael. A poster or a teaser. Just something... We are starving! lol
There won't be anything coming out of LA for a few hours yet (I'm on UK time) - if there's going to be anything at all, I mean! But there is already speculation ... seems they've changed the mj profile pic from Thriller to a Bad era pic ...

Last edited:
Some people still have too much faith in the estate. Expect nothing, then you won't be disappointed
Personally, I have no faith in MJE and no expectations. An estate that allows a photo of an MJ impersonator to be posted online instead of a photo of Michael is never going to get much respect from me. However, feeling mildly interested in the change of profile pic seems quite normal, imo. If something interesting pops up ... great! If it turns out to be a damp squib, so be it. No biggie!

seems they've changed the mj profile pic from Thriller to a Bad era pic ...
August 31will mark the 37th anniversary of the Bad album.

Honestly, don't expect them to do anything - but it was the Bad era where MJ was on his prime. It would be a smart move if Sony & the estate would release some kind of Bad sde later this year. Along with BWT on bluray/dvd & short films on stream & disc.

I'm loving the 'new' profile picture though. Although they have all been good contenders, the best picture i think is this most recent one.

Honestly, don't expect them to do anything -
(y)

but it was the Bad era where MJ was on his prime.
Tell me about it! šŸ¤© šŸ„³

It would be a smart move if Sony & the estate would release some kind of Bad sde later this year. Along with BWT on bluray/dvd & short films on stream & disc.
It would be very smart but I'm not holding my breath. If I had noticed that you had already posted about the change of profile photo I wouldn't have bothered re-posting that tweet. I just thought it was interesting and I'd forgotten about the Bad anniversary, tbh.

If it is smart to celebrate a 37th anniversary of an album stands on a very different piece of paperā€¦
it stands on a Bad boxset but we just don't get them do we... 40 anniversary Bad box set then? ... perhaps ..perhaps ..perhaps.

Honestly, don't expect them to do anything - but it was the Bad era where MJ was on his prime. It would be a smart move if Sony & the estate would release some kind of Bad sde later this year. Along with BWT on bluray/dvd & short films on stream & disc.
Off-topic and it's vinyl but this looks nice!

He posted a photo on his Instagram of him and Michael and all the fans told him off because of his plans to sell the estate šŸ˜­

Looooool I havenā€™t been mean I just found it hilarious
The less of the estate Branca is responsible for, the better really. What are people malding over, a falsified sense of sentiment based off MJs business convictions 20 years ago? It's a whole new world.

He posted a photo on his Instagram of him and Michael and all the fans told him off because of his plans to sell the estate šŸ˜­

Looooool I havenā€™t been mean I just found it hilarious
Sell the Estate? Is that even possible? It's not a company one could sell...
Besides, how many more years until the children start taking over?

Prince, 27, will get a full access to the Michael Jacksonā€™s Estate when he will turn 40, in 2037.
Maybe then dreams will finally come true...
Bad 50th Anniversary
Blood on the Dance Floor 40th Anniversary
Off the Wall 60th Anniversary

Maybe then dreams will finally come true...
Bad 50th Anniversary
Blood on the Dance Floor 40th Anniversary
Off the Wall 60th Anniversary
Apart from Bad25 , I hate these anniversary editions, a couple of poor quality demos and the same album that's been released multiple times previously.

There's only so much you can milk these things, with each release the quality gets worse as there is even less to work with.

Apart from Bad25 , I hate these anniversary editions, a couple of poor quality demos and the same album that's been released multiple times previously.

There's only so much you can milk these things, with each release the quality gets worse as there is even less to work with.
Unfortunately, the way the estate handles it, this is the result.
It could be so much better, it's definitely not due to the lack of material.

It would work a lot better if two of the three versions weren't just Thriller again...

Back