"Michael", a biopic about Michael Jackson, is officially happening.

Sell the Estate? Is that even possible? It's not a company one could sell...
Besides, how many more years until the children start taking over?
Yeahhh! I thought it was kinda bizarre but they were commenting about it. I went to check on his page again and most of the comments are gone.

Good question!!! Did I hear that Prince would take over when he turns 40 or did I dream that?

If he so chooses?? It's his inheritance... Who would give up his own inheritance (provided all realtions were good, which I firmly believe they were)?
Yes, if he so chooses. We can't be expecting of the guy. You can't read prince's mind nor can I. If he wants to take over he will and if he doesn't, that too is okay. No idea if relations were good or otherwise.

If he so chooses?? It's his inheritance... Who would give up his own inheritance (provided all realtions were good, which I firmly believe they were)?
I don't think he would personally. Prince seems more than loyal to his father from what I see. All his children do but if Prince takes over I would be fine with that.

I mean I'm sure he will more than likely. If not him than maybe Paris, maybe Bigi. It's free will though.
Prince is the most likely, imo, as he has a degree in business (I think!) and is running a charity. Even so, the scale of MJE is huge compared to what he's used to. Maybe by the time he's 40 it might feel more doable. Paris and Bigi? I can't see it, tbh - she's a musician / actor and Bigi might be deep into the film business by then.

I hope Prince wouldn't feel obliged to get involved with MJE but @SmoothGangsta makes a good point. Maybe he'll just get involved at the project level rather than taking over the whole thing.

I don't think he would personally. Prince seems more than loyal to his father from what I see. All his children do but if Prince takes over I would be fine with that.
If none of them will want to though... does that equal giving up inheritance or does it mean everything goes on sale?
How does it work with estates?

Surely they wouldn't!!!
Who sang the songs in Elvis and Bohemian Rhapsody? And the other biopics, if anyone knows?
Naomi Ackee for the Whitney biopic:

“I sing the first song that you hear in the film, when she’s a big younger and needed to be refined,” she explained.
“But most of it is Whitney. I just sing for the dramatic beats, so I sing in one of the office scenes, when she’s choosing a track. But I don’t do it too much. 97.9% of it is Whitney!”

Not necessarily. Just employ a team of good people to run it on your behalf. Ofc, the tricky part is finding good people, I guess.
I guess this makes sense... You do not need to run it in person and not wanting to does not equal giving it up.
Prince though would seem to be equipped or partially equipped if he studied business... A legal team is missing and that's it.

Naomi Ackee for the Whitney biopic:

“I sing the first song that you hear in the film, when she’s a big younger and needed to be refined,” she explained.
“But most of it is Whitney. I just sing for the dramatic beats, so I sing in one of the office scenes, when she’s choosing a track. But I don’t do it too much. 97.9% of it is Whitney!”
This makes sense... I would be ok if Jafaar sang him in an unofficial setting, e.g. on the giving tree... not in a studio though. Nor on the stage.

I saw something on the upcoming Dillon biopic and Timothy Chamemade not correct spelling is signing the songs. Let’s hope not
Allegedly Timothy Chalamet is doing the vocals in the Dylan biopic. Makes no sense to me. 😞

I saw something on the upcoming Dillon biopic and Timothy Chamemade not correct spelling is signing the songs. Let’s hope not
Allegedly Timothy Chalamet is doing the vocals in the Dylan biopic. Makes no sense to me. 😞
Theres a world of difference between Michael Jackson and Bob Dylan so that tracks. I say that makes total sense to me not gonna lie.

Theres a world of difference between Michael Jackson and Bob Dylan so that tracks. I say that makes total sense to me not gonna lie.
Fair enough. I expect to hear this a lot. Not gonna argue. All I'm saying is, to me, as someone who adores Bob's voice, I ain't happy!

Fair enough. I expect to hear this a lot. Not gonna argue. All I'm saying is, to me, as someone who adores Bob's voice, I ain't happy!
I’m not saying he’s signing all the songs. The segment I have seen shows him signing on stage and they say he sounds just like Bob Dillon. Not that the MJ Estate would re-record songs with Jafar but it makes me nervous. Let me clarify that nothing would surprise me with JB 😂

I’m not saying he’s signing all the songs.
The reports I've seen suggest Chalamet is doing all of the singing.

The segment I have seen shows him signing on stage and they say he sounds just like Bob Dillon.
He really doesn't. I'm being picky bc I adore Bob Dylan and have been listening to him my entire life. It doesn't matter bc I won't be going to see the film. If other people enjoy it, that's great.

Not that the MJ Estate would re-record songs with Jafar but it makes me nervous.
I mean, they just wouldn't, would they? Would they? I know Jaafar is a singer but ... 😟

Let me clarify that nothing would surprise me with JB 😂
:(

The reports I've seen suggest Chalamet is doing all of the singing.

He really doesn't. I'm being picky bc I adore Bob Dylan and have been listening to him my entire life. It doesn't matter bc I won't be going to see the film. If other people enjoy it, that's great.

I mean, they just wouldn't, would they? Would they? I know Jaafar is a singer but ... 😟

:(
what a disaster that would be for the Michael movie. As successful as the MJ musical is I have passed on seeing it because of the singing and the chessy factor. I’m a MJ fan not someone pretending to be.

what a disaster that would be for the Michael movie. As successful as the MJ musical is I have passed on seeing it because of the singing and the chessy factor. I’m a MJ fan not someone pretending to be.
I don't want to watch people playing Michael so I don't even have any plans to go to see the biopic. Having said that, I've seen Colman Domingo's new film (Sing Sing), he's brilliant in it (imo) and now I'm really intrigued as to how he's going to tackle playing Joe.

There's biopics where the actors do all or some of the vocals. I know Gary Busey is singing all of the songs in the old Buddy Holly movie. In the movies about the early Beatles (Backbeat, Nowhere Boy), there's no actual vocals by the Fab 4. The vocals in Backbeat are not by the actors either. It's like old Hollywood musicals, sometimes its not the actors singing, but professional singers. In the New Edition movie all of the singing is by the actors too. All of the New Edition members were behind their biopic getting made. In the James Brown biopic Get On Up, most of it is actually James Brown, but a few parts are sung by Chadwick Boseman. There's a movie about Jimi Hendrix where the parts are sung by André 3000 from OutKast, because the filmakers could not get clearance for Jimi's recordings. With the Tina Turner biopic, all of Tina's parts were resung by her. Because with most of the original Ike & Tina recordings, the sound quality wasn't good enough for a modern movie. But Ike's parts were sung by a session singer. Ike was still alive at the time though and actually visited the film set.

Back