"Captain EO" Will Return to Disneyland-Update pg28. Paris confirmed (threads merged)

Re: Michael Jackson's "Captain EO" Will Return to Disneyland

Just to make sure, Captain Eo will a part of "Disneyland" park, not "California Adventure" park, right?

Correct. In the same spot it use to be.
I love how Honey I shrunk...replaced it and now Captain Eo is replacing it.
Justice!
bahahah.

I can't wait!! I'm a hs senior, so we get Grad Nite at DISNEY!!! WHOOO! I'm gonna wear my mj shirt, and after watching Captain EO, I'm gonna walk out that place singing Another Part of Me. Yay.

So, I heard from a friend of friend that works at Disneyland that Captain E.O. is already open for cast members (people that work at Disneyland) as of today! She is supposed to be finding out more information tonight (she works the night shift) so I should know more by morning.

I saw Captain EO today but I cant talk about it sorry guys.

I can't wait!! I'm a hs senior, so we get Grad Nite at DISNEY!!! WHOOO! I'm gonna wear my mj shirt, and after watching Captain EO, I'm gonna walk out that place singing Another Part of Me. Yay.
You like the song "Another Part of Me". Well, so do I. Here you go.
Click on the link Below and ENJOY:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_Pow-Kvc34

We are here to saaaaaaaaaaaveeeeeeeeeeee the worrrrrrrrllllllllllddddddddddd

WOOOOOOOOOOO!

Oh man, you're gonna love Grad Nite! I went when I graduated last year and it was insane! :punk: You're gonna love it! Kinda makes me wish I was going this year though, just so I can see Captain EO. :p Hopefully Disney will leave it in over the summer so that I can see it!

I never had a Grad Night

Some interesting reports coming from the testing say that the floor wasn't working and they were testing audience capacity on it. Some of the special effects (ie Lasers) were not working too BUT the Video and Audio were fantastic. One of the CM's who watched almost cried as they had only ever seen it on Youtube.

Here's some pictures of the Imagineers playing around with the outside video : apparently waiting to go in we will see some Behind The Scenes footage, just like when it used to show.

The opening date now sounds like the last weekend in Feb... maybe??!

1zno2z8.jpg

2943qjc.jpg

2cihbv5.jpg

I'll leave for now with this very intersting titbit posted on Twitter :

"A photo op with Jackson family members and original cast members from the film?!?! Interesting!!! I've got to get down there as soon as it opens!!!!!"

Hmmmmmm....:mello:

Wait the Jacksons are going th be at the grand opening???!?!?!?

me n my family have already booked a 3 day stay the weekend of march 6th.. hopefully its open by then.. if not, i guess we'll jus have to go back when it is!

-Dal

Im so glad I saw EO! I cant wait till it opens arrrrrg

Another CM test happened yesterday although we don't know what happened yet? Unsure if they were testing the floor again?
A week and half until the end of Feb - will they hit the deadline?:mello:

Oh man, you're gonna love Grad Nite! I went when I graduated last year and it was insane! :punk: You're gonna love it! Kinda makes me wish I was going this year though, just so I can see Captain EO. :p Hopefully Disney will leave it in over the summer so that I can see it!

haha I hope I have a lot of good fun! Thing is, I'm gonna have to drag my friends to watch Captain EO, I plan to watch it a few times....if I can!
I hope they Captain EO for a nice long time...so if I ever wanted to see Mike--Disneyland, here I come!
some good things came out for senior year. :)

Just an old retro pic to get us all excited! :D
2526274768_e28f18939f_o.jpg

Only new news is that there's more CM testing today - another rumour going around is that there could be some 'soft' openings this weekend? Either way they just have over 1 week to go before the February deadline they set themselves.... will this run into March? :timer:

^^AHHH I was already excited!!! Now I'm just going crazy I wnat Catain EO!!

Official Reopening Date Set for 'Captain EO' Featuring MJ - February 23rd

Official Reopening Date Set for 'Captain EO' Featuring Michael Jackson
Since we first announced the return of “Captain EO” on the Disney Parks Blog, there has been an incredible response from fans, and we’ve received many enthusiastic emails and phone calls asking exactly when the classic “Captain EO” attraction featuring Michael Jackson will reopen.

Today, we are excited to give you an update on the Captain’s return!

On Tuesday, February 23, as a tribute to the magic, music and messages of “Captain EO,” the 3-D musical adventure is returning to the Tomorrowland theater in which it debuted.

While it’s not possible to replicate some special effects elements from the original presentation, it will boast a new 70mm print of the film, and it will sound better than ever thanks to acoustic enhancements made to the theater since the film last played there in 1997.

1986 photo of “Captain EO” characters at Disneyland park.

Check back on the Disney Parks Blog next week for more updates. We’ll also share a special “Captain EO” announcement on Twitter early next week. To be the first to hear it, follow us on Twitter: @Disneyland.
Source: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...set-for-captain-eo-featuring-michael-jackson/

(I thought this news deserved a thread on it's own! :))

Last edited:
Re: Official Reopening Date Set for 'Captain EO' Featuring MJ - February 23rd

Awwww. :) Brilliant!

Cool! 2 Bad they won't be recreating some special effects.

Which Disney Park? in Orlando?

I think this is for L.A. only ...

70mm print of the film ... this should make for a nice Blu-ray disc :D

Yay!!

:)

Cool and have fun to all those that can go!!! :) I hope you really feel the magic of Captain E.O

HOOTER! Push the red button!

I cannot wait. My friends and I grew up in LA, used to go to Disneyland after school to do homework and even though they aren't huge fans, they are literally peeing their pants at the excitement of us all going to see Captain EO again. I have been looking forward to this for a looooong time and am thrilled!

Finally we have the date! Can't wait!

Cool! I so wish I could go. :(

Yay! I am so there in April!

Back