"Captain EO" Will Return to Disneyland-Update pg28. Paris confirmed (threads merged)

Re: Michael Jackson's "Captain" EO Will Retrun to Disneyland

I'm excited! I haven't been to Disneyland since I was in high school. This will definitely be a good excuse to round up some friends and have some fun there!

I wish they'd bring it back to DisneyWorld too. I went there 3 years ago, and wasn't interested in seeing the Honey, I shrunk the kids movie. Captain Eo would have so much better.
Planning a trip to California next year, hopefully, it will still be in theatre.

Last edited:

Loved Captain EO. The pictures are incredible! I wish I could go see it...but there is no way for me to get to California :( I wish they would release it on DVD/BluRay!! Even as just a Special Feature on the "This Is It" DVD/BluRay!

Oh man, I wish we could go! I saw it in '87, the summer after it opened. Too bad they're not expanding that limited time to Disneyland Paris, lol. That's hella closer ;) I'd be able to go then. Argh.

*crys* I miss Michael *crys*

:clapping: WHOOHOO!!!!!!!
Looks like I am taking a trip to Disneyland in February!!!! :D
For anyone that has never seen it at one of the Disney theme parks, I suggest you do if you have the oppurtunity. The YouTube videos don't even begin to show the real experience you get from seeing it on a big screen, in 3-D. It's amazing :wub:

I'll be there! Wish it wasn't limited though and instead permanent.
Maybe they are just saying "limited engagement" to generate even more excitement...sound familiar???

I just found out today!!!!!!!!!! I'm sooooooo excited!

We are here to change the world!!! JAMON HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

MJ's back in 3D!

Is itgonna be in the theme parks in miami Florida to?

Spectacular!!! i have to go next year, im from Argenntina, if its Michael i mean a super extra thing to go there. EXCELLENT

Awww now this is pretty cool. I know some view it as a "cashing in" thing and that's prolly true, but it's also great exposure to new and younger fans about some of the great work MJ did. And altho the special effects are a bit dated, the dancing still kicks ass and the message is still very relevent, imo.

I hope they bring it back to Disney World in Orlando, too...to all the Disneylands.

On another note, this could also be something really cool to incorporate into the "Donate A Day, Get a Free Disney Day" idea mentioned in the "Make That Change" thread. If you aren't aware of the idea...see post below.

http://mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2458507#post2458507

Either we, as fans, could get together to visit the park and see the film or perhaps we can send some unfortunate kids in our places. Either way, it's pretty cool to know Michael's back at Disneyland....for however long a "limited time" turns out to be. :D

Thanks to the OP for posting the news. :flowers:

ETA: It would be awesome if they included some backstory footage about the making of the Captain Eo when they re-release it.

Last edited:

One Step Closer to Opening Captain EO
Posted on December 30th, 2009

Two weeks ago on the blog we announced that Captain EO will be returning to the Disneyland Resort in February 2010.
Today we have an update. “Honey, I Shrunk the Audience,” the show currently in Tomorrowland, will close January 4
so work can begin in the theater to prepare for the Captain’s return.

Check back on the Disney Parks Blog for additional updates.

Source: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2009/12/one-step-closer-to-opening-captain-eo/

Oh, I wish I could see it but I see no way for me ...
syg_sad01.gif

I hope Paris will follow!!!

I wish there was a disneyland here in australia :(

I saw this in Disney World and was just thrilled to see it. I loved it. Michael on the BIG SCREEN!!!!!! And even though the effects may be dated, I think that like Star Wars, it will stand the test of time. Besides, Mike is so cute in it!!

My niece still has the little stuffed animal (I can't remember the name) that sat on his shoulder as a souvenir from it.

:clapping: WHOOHOO!!!!!!!
Looks like I am taking a trip to Disneyland in February!!!! :D
For anyone that has never seen it at one of the Disney theme parks, I suggest you do if you have the oppurtunity. The YouTube videos don't even begin to show the real experience you get from seeing it on a big screen, in 3-D. It's amazing :wub:

Maybe they are just saying "limited engagement" to generate even more excitement...sound familiar???

OH MY GOD!! YES!! TOTALLY!! I prayed all the rumors were true! I am SOOO THERE! :D If any of you decide to come in, we should like maybe link up at the park or something!! :wild: That would be totally cool.
I am going to save up to hit the park more than once during February and May. I'm crazy enough to try and go over and over just to see this attraction again!

I love Captain EO to no ends. It has such an exhilarating energy, especially in 3D with full surround sound effects.

Thank you Disneyland!!!:angel:

I'm going there sometime in February!! We should all meet up!!

I work at Disneyland :)

I wonder if theres going to be any Captain EO merchandise thats what I wanna know!

Can't wait for this! For years I have been going to DisneyWorld but for the beginning of this year decided on a change at exactly the right time!

JustBeatIt91 - I also would like to know if they are planning on merchandise... I would think they will, its quite a big event for it to come back.
Time will tell... not long now...

I would love pins,shirts,sweatshirts,hooter and the rest of the plush dolls and I know it would never happen but could you imagine if they sold Captain EO's white jacket........

That would be the best

Can someone confirm, is Captain E0 returning to Disneyland Orlando or is it only LA?

It is only Disneyland in LA that has been announced so far and I think the only reason for that is that they were scrapping 'Honey I Shrunk The Audience' to make way for 'Monsters Incs Laugh Floor' anyway.

So in the interim period they are gonna do this little tribute to MJ.

I am led to believe that 'Monsters Inc Laugh Floor' will come along around June/July.

....so thats why I also think there is no chance we will see it anywhere else...

Could the OP please change the thread title from "retrun" to "return"? :)
I know it's a small thing, but its been driving me crazy.

On and also the speech marks instead of just being around "Captain" EO, should be "Captain EO".

With the L.O.V.E of course. :)

No Disneyland here!

Wish they could release it as a DVD someday

3D TVs will be available in the near future

so any word on an official date yet???

I wonder how limited this limited run is going to be. I'm planning to be in LA in April and would go to Disneylaтв just for "Captain Eo".

kathiejmie - I think its safe to say that you will get to see Captain Eo in April.

I originally thought Captain was to last until around June but it seems it could get a longer run.

It sounds like the plan at Disney could be to keep this going until next year.

Later this year Star Tours will be closing down until Spring next year to revamp for Star Tours II..... and since the 1600-Guests-per-hour that could theoretically be riding those 4 simulators have to go somewhere …

Well, the way that Disneyland can absorb all of those extra people walking around Tomorrowland is by sending them over to the 575-seat theater. Which can (if its Cast Members are working at peak efficiency) then squeeze in three shows of “Captain EO” per hour.

So it looks like we will see this around until next year! As I say this hasn't been confirmed - but is looking likely.:D

Also would Disney really want to spend all that money on revamping the attraction only to close it down after a couple of months?? I don't think so!

I so hope this comes to Paris! If it does I'm going!

Back