"Captain EO" Will Return to Disneyland-Update pg28. Paris confirmed (threads merged)

Re: Michael Jackson's "Captain EO" Will Return to Disneyland

Captain EO's not gonna come to Epcot? What a shame.

Aww wish it would return to all parks. What is HISTA anyway?

^
HISTA stands for 'Honey I Shrunk the Audience':) It's the current 3D attraction in the Disneyparks.

I posted the poster earlier in the thread.... and they were in the frames but they have since been removed? Maybe they were the interim posters? They just look too plain?! Time will tell... not long to go now...!

I heard EO was delayed a month.........

I heard EO was delayed a month.........

Oh, thats really a shame. I know here on the east coast lots of people take vacations in February due to school being closed for a week and many go to the West coast to enjoy some warmth and would love to see Captain EO while there.

What is taking them so long? Its a movie for heavens sake.

I so wanna go! :(

I have heard nothing about it being delayed from CM's (Cast Members) or insiders yet...

If it is it could be because of the special effects involved. They were obviously ripped out when EO left the building last time so I guess they are deciding what special effects to re-instate?... as they probably won't do them all.

The latest rumour is that it will be open this Valentines weekend but I really can't see that happening!

I have heard nothing about it being delayed from CM's (Cast Members) or insiders yet...

If it is it could be because of the special effects involved. They were obviously ripped out when EO left the building last time so I guess they are deciding what special effects to re-instate?... as they probably won't do them all.

The latest rumour is that it will be open this Valentines weekend but I really can't see that happening!

I dunno a friend told me this but there is no official announcement so I think its still on

^
HISTA stands for 'Honey I Shrunk the Audience':) It's the current 3D attraction in the Disneyparks.

At the Epcot center in Walt Disney Worl the building where they are showing Honey I shrunk the audience is the same building they used for Captain Eo.
They built the building especially for Michael.

SHame, i would love to see it in Eurodisney....cant afford a ticket to the US.

^ me also...

MichaelsNeverlandPrincess - That is the new poster because if you look at it, it says 'Tribute'... Although I was hoping for something a little more exciting!

awesome!! I hope its for good ; not for a limited time only!!

I went to Disneyland today because I promised my nice and nephew and saw no new Captain EO stuff but I went dressed in full Michael clothes Black fedora,Aviators,Black CTE shirt with armband haha and black pants.

But for the first time in a while I broke down and cried. We went on the Peter Pan ride and I just couldnt stop thinking of Michael and got very sad ):

Some park guests have noticed the doors to the theatre open over the past couple of days :
preCEO2.jpg

preCEO1.jpg

Are those shadows new lasers / lights / fog machines?

Here's some observations made by a park guest yesterday :
"All scaffolding is down and every poster frame is covered up, meaning that EO posters are installed. The theater doors were open, but I didn't see any CMs. And finally, the old Imagination Institute sign is still down and I didn't see any sign of it around the building."

252.jpg

Again another picture of a covered up poster!
Rumours are now going around that there could be a 'soft opening' this weekend?!
A soft opening is where Disney select certain park guests / CM's to test out the show before they decide to let the masses of the public in!

Reactions: Bee

wow very interesting!

I went to Disneyland today because I promised my nice and nephew and saw no new Captain EO stuff but I went dressed in full Michael clothes Black fedora,Aviators,Black CTE shirt with armband haha and black pants.

But for the first time in a while I broke down and cried. We went on the Peter Pan ride and I just couldnt stop thinking of Michael and got very sad ):

aawww :better:

Some park guests have noticed the doors to the theatre open over the past couple of days :
preCEO2.jpg

preCEO1.jpg

Are those shadows new lasers / lights / fog machines?

Here's some observations made by a park guest yesterday :
"All scaffolding is down and every poster frame is covered up, meaning that EO posters are installed. The theater doors were open, but I didn't see any CMs. And finally, the old Imagination Institute sign is still down and I didn't see any sign of it around the building."

252.jpg

Again another picture of a covered up poster!
Rumours are now going around that there could be a 'soft opening' this weekend?!
A soft opening is where Disney select certain park guests / CM's to test out the show before they decide to let the masses of the public in!

speechless, did you get this info from a blog or somethin? if yes, please provide us the source for further information :)

http://www.disunplugged.com/2010/02/08/disneyland-resort-whats-worth-seeing-in-2010/

6-300x199.jpg

Captain EO

Images on the televisions above the queue for the Magic Eye Theater reveal the words “Captain EO Tribute,” proving that the attraction is on its way into the theme park.

The 17-minute film will return to its home at the theater inside Tomorrowland, replacing “Honey, I Shrunk the Audience.”

The Michael Jackson film was a mainstay at the park from 1986 to 1997, finally closing after its popularity faded. Jackson also was facing molestation charges, starting in 1993, which prompted some people to question the appropriateness of the film playing inside the family friendly theme park.

Walt Disney Imagineering plans to bring “Captain EO” back this month. A firm date has yet to be announced.

This is getting exciting, yet still no official date? I keep bugging Disneyland about that on Twitter everyday even though I know they're not going to answer me. :D

chocomarker - I've collated it from all different sources on Disney fan boards etc.

Heres a bigger picture of those TV screens :
6.jpg

We must be getting close. Alot of rumour is that it will open this weekend as there are not one but two holidays and also school's have Monday off too??

Newest update from Disneyland Insider Al Lutz.

Editor's Note 2/11: Hundreds of Disneyland Cast Members will be testing Captain EO on Friday afternoon, but don't expect it to open this weekend as a Valentines Day gift. WDI will test the newly reprogrammed motion base theater floor to see if it syncs up with the EO film well, before they commit to using that effect with the public. There's still lots of work to do and perhaps several more weeks of waiting, although the Imagineers are burning the midnight oil and hoping for the best during the tests. - Al Lutz

Just to make sure, Captain Eo will a part of "Disneyland" park, not "California Adventure" park, right?

Naughty Naughty - a Disneyland CM posted this on the net :
It's an internal memo to all Disneyland Cast Members :

Cast Members Needed for Captain EO Attraction Testing
02/10/2010
capt_eo_200.jpg

Walt Disney Imagineering and Resort Operations will be exercising the systems of Captain EO on Friday, Feb. 12 with full and partial loads. Cast Members are invited to test the attraction from 3:30 - 4:30 p.m.
One of the great things about being a Disneyland Resort Cast Member is having the opportunity to participate in exclusive opportunities - such as seeing Captain EO before it is open to our Guests. As always, with these opportunities comes the responsibility to adhere to our Company's policies and guidelines on proprietary information and intellectual property. We are very excited about the return of Captain EO, but keep in mind that while show elements may be active, the attraction is not yet complete or ready for the public, so please don't share your experiences with others, on the blogs or anywhere else.
Interested Cast Members should enter Backstage via the Space Mountain hallway on the backside of the Space Mountain attraction and be prepared to show their valid Resort ID. Please do not enter the attraction On Stage. Also, please be aware that cameras will not be allowed and cell phones must be turned off before entering the theater.
The attraction will only be available for a couple of shows (each show lasting approximately 20-25 minutes) during the time listed above and availability is subject to change without notice. This is a voluntary opportunity for Disneyland Resort Cast Members only. Cast Members are welcome to ride before or after their scheduled shift, or during their unpaid meal period (Note: It is each Cast Member's responsibility to take their allotted meal period and clock back in on time). Also, leaders may release Cast Members from shifts to ride the attraction, based on their discretion and as business operations allow. Cast Members should never leave their work location during their shift without the approval of their leader.

If Disney find out who it is they WON'T be very happy!

Let's hope the motion floor test goes well! :)

MichaelsNeverlandPrincess - Im going at the end of May and I'm pretty certain it will still be there. They are putting alot of time and effort into this for it only to be open a few weeks. The crowds from 'Star Tours' have to go somewhere as i've mentioned before - so 'Captain' should be around for while...

Ahh! I live 30 min from Disneyland! I am soooo going when it officially opens! :D

Back