"Captain EO" Will Return to Disneyland-Update pg28. Paris confirmed (threads merged)

Space adventure "Captain EO" to return to Tokyo Disneyland
English.news.cn 2010-06-30 18:24:10 FeedbackPrintRSS

TOKYO, June 30 (Xinhua) -- A 3-D film, "Captain EO", which stars Michael Jackson, will come back to Tokyo Disneyland on July 1, with new in-theater experiences.

Spectators would find their seats swaying when the spaceship in the film was landing, and feel the sprays in the face as a crew member spurted water, according to the officers with Tokyo Disneyland on Wednesday.

The musical space adventure tells the story of Captain EO who leads the crew of his spaceship to send a gift to "The Supreme Leader" in a planet filled with metal and steaming vents. Two songs "We Are Here to Change the World" and "Another Part of Me," both written and presented by Michael Jackson, are featured in the film.

It had been played in the Disneyland from 1987 to 1996. The new round of run will last until June 30, 2011.

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english2010/entertainment/2010-06/30/c_13377463.htm

Captain EO HAS been restored!!! ...and in RealD 3D!

I have no idea if this had been reported yet on here but I had to let you guys know. If it's been reported already then I'm sorry that I missed it.

So I was at Disneyland today for the first time in 16 years, and I checked out Captain EO in 3D. The last time I was at Disneyland, Captain EO was playing at Tomorrowland so it's unbelievable how long it's been.

After reading the reviews about it saying it was pretty much the same as it had been before, I was expecting something vintage, but I was unexpectedly blown away by what I saw!

My jaw hit the floor when I got my glasses and I noticed they were not with the classic red/blue lenses, but with the clear lenses that are used in the "RealD" 3D movies. When the show started I noticed the picture quality was so clean, so crisp! Zero grain! The audio was loud, clear, punchy and full with remastering clearly being done, and the special effects looked as if they've been upgraded or restored. The modern "RealD" 3D technology and the restoration of the movie made the whole experience feel brand new! I never ever expected Captain EO to look THIS GOOD! VERY well done! My god! I wonder how long ago they restored the movie because it was the last thing I expected, I was expecting a nostalgic moment but instead it was like watching Captain EO for the very first time again!

I had a smile on my face during the whole movie, and when the dance sequence began my eyes started to water up...the first time I had cried since Michael passed away.

If this is not released on Blu-Ray/DVD, I will be VERY surprised. This restored/remastered edition of the movie blew my mind! I want to see it again!

Last edited:
Re: Captain EO HAS been restored!!! ...and in RealD 3D!

I have no idea if this had been reported yet on here but I had to let you guys know. If it's been reported already then I'm sorry that I missed it.

So I was at Disneyland today for the first time in 16 years, and I checked out Captain EO in 3D. The last time I was at Disneyland, Captain EO was playing at Tomorrowland so it's unbelievable how long it's been.

After reading the reviews about it saying it was pretty much the same as it had been before, I was expecting something vintage, but I was unexpectedly blown away by what I saw!

My jaw hit the floor when I got my glasses and I noticed they were not with the classic red/blue lenses, but with the clear lenses that are used in the "RealD" 3D movies. When the show started I noticed the picture quality was so clean, so crisp! Zero grain! The audio was loud, clear, punchy and full with remastering clearly being done, and the special effects looked as if they've been upgraded or restored. The modern "RealD" 3D technology and the restoration of the movie made the whole experience feel brand new! I never ever expected Captain EO to look THIS GOOD! VERY well done! My god! I wonder how long ago they restored the movie because it was the last thing I expected, I was expecting a nostalgic moment but instead it was like watching Captain EO for the very first time again!

I had a smile on my face during the whole movie, and when the dance sequence began my eyes started to water up...the first time I had cried since Michael passed away.

If this is not released on Blu-Ray/DVD, I will be VERY surprised. This restored/remastered edition of the movie blew my mind! I want to see it again!
I don't think they are using the Real D technology. When I saw captain eo when it was first showing at Disney World, they weren't using the red and blue glasses. WHatever 3D tech they were using back then is the same one they are using now from what I've read.

Re: Captain EO HAS been restored!!! ...and in RealD 3D!

I don't think they are using the Real D technology. When I saw captain eo when it was first showing at Disney World, they weren't using the red and blue glasses. WHatever 3D tech they were using back then is the same one they are using now from what I've read.

yea exactly the same video and 3D technology except the audio is way better!!!

-Dal

Captain EO at Epcot, Disneyworld - Florida

Here are some pictures from my recent visit. Amazing to see him up on the big screen like that with all the effects, 3D, moving seats, lights, wind.. the lot! Lots of cool memorabilia too, got myself a nice Captain EO T-Shirt. Everyone clapped when Michael emerged for the first time on screen, was quite an emotional moment!

Obviously no photos of the video but here are some of the outside etc.

img1191n.jpg

img1193v.jpg

img1194zc.jpg

img1195d.jpg

img1196r.jpg

img1197.jpg

img1199r.jpg

img1206t.jpg

Re: Captain EO at Epcot, Disneyworld - Florida

WOW! Beautiful! Thankyou so much for sharing!Long live the King of Pop and the King of our hearts! We love you forever Michael!

I finally got the chance to see Captain EO for the first time last week at Disneyland. Went with an older family friend, her 10 year old niece and my 12 year old sister. It was great! I was surprised to see a lot of people in the theater when I saw it. The crowd was awesome and it was cool seeing some audience members bopping their heads to the songs as kids stared at the screen in awe. Got myself a Captain EO t-shirt afterwards (damn, it was expensive!)! :D Anyway, it was a very memorable experience that I won't forget! I'd love to go again, but I wonder how long it'll be there. :unsure: Anyone know?

Got to see Captain EO in Paris last Thursday, it was fantastic!! Michael appeared to be so close that it felt like you could touch him. I went through all the emotions from laughing to crying, it was quite overwhelming. On the last show of the day there were only a handful of people in the theatre, so me and my friends got up and danced to APOM :) The general atmosphere was good and we also got surprisingly many positive comments for our MJ-shirts and fedoras, people were very friendly towards us. That was so sweet :wub:

Some pics:

IMG_4131.jpg

IMG_4150.jpg

IMG_4142.jpg

IMG_4185Kopio.jpg

IMG_4198.jpg

If everything goes according to my plan, I will see Captain Eo in Paris in November. I already saw it in LA in April, but I would love to experience that again!!

I just went to Captain EO today and it was great!!!

I had never seen it in 3d before so it was a totaly new experience for me.
As soon as michael came on, a little boy behind Us TOLD his mom al excited: wow, its MICHAEL JACKSON!

And when the music started another kid in front of me began dancing in his seat.
It was so nice to see what MJ can still do to the younger audience.

I'm here for another 2 days so I'll probably going to watch it another 2 or 3 times, maybe more!

Yeah, it was pretty random. I just happened to be there that day, and like always, go in every shop, thank goodness. They didn't even make an announcement on the Disneyland twitter until well after I'd already bought mine.

Vote to keep Captain EO at Disney Parks

http://ocresort.ocregister.com/2011/02/23/what-should-replace-disneylands-captain-eo/70987/

What should replace Disneyland’s ‘Captain EO’?
February 23rd, 2011, 8:25 am · 28 Comments · posted by Sarah Tully

Disneyland brought back the Michael Jackson movie, “Captain EO,” for what was billed as a limited run.
A year ago Wednesday (today), the 3D movie is still at the park. And Disney officials have yet to announce an end date.
The return of the 1986 film brought lines for a few days to the Tomorrowland theater, but crowds soon waned, said Kelly Johns, founder of Mousewait, a smart phone app that tracks wait times.
Fans waited overnight for the premiere showing. Read about the return of “Captain EO” to Disneyland.
During the first day, waits ranged from 40 to 90 minutes and spiked again over the weekend. But the lines now are just for those waiting for the 17-minute film to end so they can get into the theater for the next showing. Read about “Captain EO” wait times and take a poll.
Still, Disney revived the movie at other parks, including Epcot in Florida, Paris and Tokyo. The Japan park made plans to run it a full year until June 2011. Read about “Captain EO” expansion to Disney parks.
Disney officials have yet to announce what attraction will replace “Captain EO” when it does leave.
We asked Twitter followers on @arounddisney what they want to see in its place.
TAKE A POLL AND SEE A VIDEO BELOW.
Some said they would like a “Tron”-related movie, although others noted that has already been done: A 3D clip of “Tron: Legacy” is part of Disney California Adventure’s ElecTRONica nighttime features.
Others want a Pixar-related movie.
“Since the Pixar movies have been very successful for Disney, I think a WALL-E attraction would be a welcome addition,” said Catherine Mims Yamaguchi of La Mirada in an e-mail. “The theme for Tomorrowland is the future, and WALL-E shows a desolate future with a glimmer of hope.”
One fan said she would like to see a stage show of “Tangled” or “Enchanted.” Another favors a “Lost” attraction based on the television show. Another wants “Mickey’s PhilharMagic,” a 3D film that shows at the Magic Kingdom in Walt Disney World.
Several said they want something new, not a rehash from another Disney park.
“Whatever replaces ‘Captain EO’ should be a new experience,” said Tom Chivers of Santa Clara in an e-mail. “No clones from other Disney parks. I want to see something brand new. Not some old retread that’s past its prime.”
What feature would you like to see when “Captain EO” leaves? Tell us in the comments section and take a poll.
What should replace "Captain EO" when it leaves Disneyland
?

Voted, I really hope I get the chance to see the attraction, it closed a year before my first visit to Disney World, unbelievable

I hope it's still running in paris this summer so I can see it again.
I went to disneyland paris in october for 3 days and ended up seeing captain eo 5 times hehe.
They should release a MJ captain eo action figure to sell there.

I hope it's still running in paris this summer so I can see it again.
I went to disneyland paris in october for 3 days and ended up seeing captain eo 5 times hehe.
They should release a MJ captain eo action figure to sell there.

Me too, me too, me too!!!! :wild:
I am in Europe now, I will have to make it to Paris eventually, I have never seen Captain EO!!! :bugeyed

I am off to Disneyland Paris on the 13th of March for four days. This is my only chance to see Captain EO.

When I was 5, I went to Disney Paris in 1998 and they closed Captain EO a few days before I arrived. I was extremely upset.

I saw it in first time in 1998, a week before it closed, and again in September. I just have to see it again before it closes.

^^ Nothing has been said yet, I think fan's are worrying to much.

They should start worrying when a date is pronounced.

Back