"Captain EO" Will Return to Disneyland-Update pg28. Paris confirmed (threads merged)

Eo will do well in Japan.

Can someone explain to me how much of cut MJ's estate gets from all of these openings please?

Officially back at Walt Disney world on July 2nd.

It was announced this morning: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/

And there’s more. “Captain EO” will be returning to other Disney Parks locations. It’s scheduled to open at Tokyo Disneyland on June 30 and Disneyland Paris on June 12. We’ll have more details on the film’s return to Walt Disney World in upcoming weeks but we wanted Disney Parks Blog readers to be among the first to know. Please check back for updates.

‘Captain EO,’ starring Michael Jackson, returning to Disney World on July 2

on April 28, 2010 at 9:20 am

It’s official: Captain EO is returning to Disney World. The 17-minute 3-D film featuring Michael Jackson will re-debut July 3 at Epcot, where it played from 1986 to 1994.

Captain EO will play in the Honey, I Shrunk the Audience building in Epcot’s Future World for an indefinite amount of time, although Disney officials said Tuesday that Honey is expected to return eventually.
There has been a movement for the revival since Jackson died unexpectedly last year. The film, directed by Francis Ford Coppolla, already has been brought back to Disneyland in Anaheim, Calif., and has start dates in Disney parks in Paris (June 12) and Toyko (June 30).

The film as a futuristic, Epcot-y feel with its space warrior theme. Jackson plays the title character. Other recognizable actors include Anjelica Huston as “the Supreme Leader” and Dick Shawn as “Commander Bog.” (Shawn died in 1987.) One of the captain’s alien crew is a flying sidekick called Fuzzball. It features two songs by Jackson: “We Are Here to Change the World” and “Another Part of Me.”

http://thedailydisney.com/blog/2010...-jackson-returning-to-disney-world-on-july-2/

This news was the first thing I saw when I logged into twitter today. Made my day! :girl_happy:

Yeahhhhhh!!!! I'll be in Paris from July 20-23, so I will definitely go- never been to Disney Paris so it will be a great adventure. Had already booked a trip to Paris, but now I have a definite place to spend the day! Anyone want to join me? I can't wait. And I'm going to Orlando to celebrate my birthday with Michael. This is such great news! :D:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Finally I will be able to visit a Disney Park and experience its magic and see Captain EO! :girl_happy:

I can't wait to get to Paris! :wild::dancin:

May 03rd, 2010: Captain Eo - Teaser Poster

Here are the teaser posters for Captain EO, announcing the relaunch on June 12th.

They will be posted today on the way to the parking lot, so that guests leaving the Resort can see them. They will be removed on June 12th.

Captain-Eo-Teaser-UK.jpg

Captain-Eo-Teaser-FR.jpg

Source : DLP / MJ data bank

This news can be reposted with a credit to MJ data bank

http://www.mjdatabank.com/memo/english_version/news/2010/may/2010503_eo.htm

CONFIRMED:Captain EO will return to Walt Disney World

It has been confirmed by MichaelJackson.com that Captain EO WILL be returning on July 2nd 2010.
For thoese of you,like me,that where lucky too see it 1st time round here or any of the other Disney Parks,its going to be amazing to relive the magic over again and,for thoes of you who will be having there first time experience, you really are in for an incredible show.

For more details visit: http://www.michaeljackson.com/us/news/captain-eo-returns-disney-world

Re: CONFIRMED:Captain EO will return to Walt Disney World

will this be out on dvd/bluray?????

Can someone please tell me exactly what is Captain EO at Disneyland?

I get that it was a movie, but what type of ride is it in the theme park?

I'm sorry if this has already been posted but anyone know how long it's gonna be there for?

I'm hoping its still around in September as realistically I wont be able to afford it until then. Its really expensive :(

Can someone please tell me exactly what is Captain EO at Disneyland?

I get that it was a movie, but what type of ride is it in the theme park?

Am I right in thinking you became a fan after he died? :)

This is it

Inside Disneyland, its business as usual this spring with big, happy crowds defying any hint of recession outside the gates. Captain EO has proven to be the hit TDA was hoping for this winter, as the daily attendance at the theater attraction maxes out its capacity nearly every day. Instead of hosting an average of 1,500 to 2,500 total visitors on busy days when it was Honey I Shrunk The Audience, Captain EO has been consistently turning in viewership figures around 15,000 or 16,000 per day, most noticeably with the teens and 20’s demographic.

Once the Disneyland stores team moved their Captain EO t-shirt display to the shop window that faces the theater exit (Talk about a bonehead merchandising mistake that first week! Cynthia would have been appalled.), the EO merchandise has been flying off the Star Trader shelves ever since. Now it’s just up to the TDA strategists to watch and see how long this EO craze lasts for them, and they are hoping it lasts through the Star Tours rehab next fall and winter.

They aren’t expecting peak crowds at EO through next winter, but anything above the miserable attendance that HISTA was generating for them will be seen as a success on top of these busy first few months for the Captain. Regardless of you feel about Captain EO returning to Tomorrowland, you have to admit that from a daily viewership and merchandise sales perspective replacing the tired old HISTA show with Captain EO was a very smart business move.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Am so happy captain eo is extremely popular and delighted michael has a lot of young fans.

So captain eo will be back in Paris on the 12th of June.

Does anybody know how long it will stay there?

thanks!

"Captain EO" returns to Epcot July 2
By Chuck Schmidt
May 19, 2010, 2:45PM
Walt Disney Company
Michael Jackson performs during one of the many spectacular dance numbers in "Captain EO," which returns to Epcot on July 2.
We kind of knew this was going to happen. At least, we really hoped it would ...
"Captain EO," starring the late Michael Jackson, made a triumphant return to Disneyland earlier this year for a limited engagement. On the heels of that unbridled success, the folks at Walt Disney World recently announced that the ground-breaking musical spectacular would be returning to Epcot, specifically to the Imagination pavilion where it first thrilled guests from 1986-1994.
"Captain EO" will begin its limited Epcot run on July 2, providing new audiences the opportunity to experience the original 3-D production for the very first time, as well as a nostalgic look back for longtime fans wanting to see Jackson in a rare performance created for the big screen.
"Captain EO" stars Jackson at the peak of his entertainment career, singing and dancing his way through the galaxy as he and his motley cast of furry crewmates — cute and cuddly Fuzzball and bumbling Hooter among them — helped save a very alien planet from an evil queen.
Disneyland
The audience reacts with applause as "Captain EO" makes its triumphant return to Disneyland on Feb. 23.
In addition to Jackson, the film’s credits are equally star-studded: The queen was played by Academy Award-winning actress Anjelica Huston. The film’s executive producer was George Lucas; it was directed by Francis Ford Coppola and choreographed by Jeffrey Hornaday.
Jackson wrote and performed two songs in the film, "Another Part of Me" and "We Are Here to Change the World."
We saw "Captain EO" several times during its original Epcot run and never failed to be entertained by its powerful music, dance productions and message.
A word to the wise this summer: Get to the Imagination pavilion early; you know the lines for "Captain EO" are going to be long.
© 2010 SILive.com. All rights reserved.

http://blog.silive.com/sinotebook/2010/05/captain_eo_returns_to_epcot_ju.html

Back