"Captain EO" Will Return to Disneyland-Update pg28. Paris confirmed (threads merged)

Re: "Captain EO" Will Return to Disneyland-Update pg26. Bound for Toyko (threads merged)

Wow, I guess Captain Eo has been received well in the US. Originally Disney said there weren't going to be bringing it back to other parks but now they are. I just wish I lived close to a park to visit the show. The last time I saw it was in Paris in '94 (I think!)

Re: "Captain EO" Will Return to Disneyland-Update pg26. Bound for Toyko (threads merged)

Well, your wish might just come true.

Here: http://dlrpfan.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/captaineo-managementflash1.jpg

Wow they did it!!
Dream came true!!!!

And good news again,"Ghost"will be shown on Japanese cable TV WOWOW in june.
They will show on 25th and 26th june titled"Michael Jackson Forever"
Legend of King of POP,History tour in Munchen,30th Aniversary in MSG,Ghost,
Making of Ghost,This is it,Best hit collection,and MJ legend.

http://www.cinematoday.jp/page/N0024027

I am sooooooo excited and can't wait. Is this kind of special program only in Japan?

Ooh, can someone post pictures of the new merch? I already know I'm getting the rainbow tee! I've been waiting for that. :)

I won't be going again until the last week of May (I know, I know -- only a month but it seems so far away!)

Wow, I guess Captain Eo has been received well in the US.

That's an understatement. I went again in March, during spring break. I couldn't even see it one last time because the line was so long! I was there for three days. It was a full house, every time I went (which was 3-4 per day), everyday. I only went to the park during early morning and late nights when -most- people wouldn't be there with their kids. I can't imagine how crazy it is during peak hours.

I am extremely happy,captain EO is well received in the states
cant wait for it to be reopened in paris,my kids cant wait either,they want to see MJ on the big screen.

oh no is it true captain EO will arrive by his spaceship in Disney Paris ???????????????????

:wild: OMGOMGOMG

Wow they did it!!
Dream came true!!!!

And good news again,"Ghost"will be shown on Japanese cable TV WOWOW in june.
They will show on 25th and 26th june titled"Michael Jackson Forever"
Legend of King of POP,History tour in Munchen,30th Aniversary in MSG,Ghost,
Making of Ghost,This is it,Best hit collection,and MJ legend.

http://www.cinematoday.jp/page/N0024027

I am sooooooo excited and can't wait. Is this kind of special program only in Japan?
Wow that sounds sooo cool!

Is the Paris news really really official?
If so; WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO

And where did that come from? I wonder what's taking so long to give out an official announcement if they know Captain EO is coming to Paris for sure?
Me too! :mello: Why don't they send out an official something? It's taking soooo long!
I'm afraid to make plans and then find out that it doesn't come back in the end. Grrrr.

To Paris: yeaaaaah!
I saw it 2 times when I was about 9 years old and it was absolutely fantastic!

I hope it's true, but I also read it somewhere else so I think so.

They will probably make it official on their DisneyParks blog shortly - they havent even 'officially' announced Tokyo yet - so they will probably want to announce Epcot, Paris and Tokyo all at the same time.

Is that Management Memo from paris true? Only time will tell... IF they are to announce this they need to do it quick because I guess they want to have this ready in all parks for the 1st anniversary of his passing...

The rumours are we should have a 'official' announcement this week...

@ mtmj - no I was talking about an official announcement on the DisneyPark blogs ... lets hope Epcot and Paris are soon!

Time will tell :timer:

Officially back at Walt Disney world on July 2nd.

It was announced this morning: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/

And there’s more. “Captain EO” will be returning to other Disney Parks locations. It’s scheduled to open at Tokyo Disneyland on June 30 and Disneyland Paris on June 12. We’ll have more details on the film’s return to Walt Disney World in upcoming weeks but we wanted Disney Parks Blog readers to be among the first to know. Please check back for updates.

‘Captain EO,’ starring Michael Jackson, returning to Disney World on July 2

on April 28, 2010 at 9:20 am

It’s official: Captain EO is returning to Disney World. The 17-minute 3-D film featuring Michael Jackson will re-debut July 3 at Epcot, where it played from 1986 to 1994.

Captain EO will play in the Honey, I Shrunk the Audience building in Epcot’s Future World for an indefinite amount of time, although Disney officials said Tuesday that Honey is expected to return eventually.
There has been a movement for the revival since Jackson died unexpectedly last year. The film, directed by Francis Ford Coppolla, already has been brought back to Disneyland in Anaheim, Calif., and has start dates in Disney parks in Paris (June 12) and Toyko (June 30).

The film as a futuristic, Epcot-y feel with its space warrior theme. Jackson plays the title character. Other recognizable actors include Anjelica Huston as “the Supreme Leader” and Dick Shawn as “Commander Bog.” (Shawn died in 1987.) One of the captain’s alien crew is a flying sidekick called Fuzzball. It features two songs by Jackson: “We Are Here to Change the World” and “Another Part of Me.”

http://thedailydisney.com/blog/2010...-jackson-returning-to-disney-world-on-july-2/

veryhappy.gif
Captain EO” is coming back to Walt Disney World Resort
veryhappy.gif

Yes, you read right…the classic 3-D film experience “Captain EO” is coming back to Walt Disney World Resort this summer just months after it reopened to rave reviews at Disneyland park. The 17-minute musical space-fantasy adventure film is now scheduled to begin at Epcot on July 2.

I remember enjoying “Captain EO” during its original run at Epcot from 1986 -1994. But for some of you, it’ll be a new experience. The film features Michael Jackson as “Captain EO” and a crew of Disney-created space characters. During their journey, the group uses the power of dance, light and music to turn a colorless planet into a world of color and happiness.

And there’s more. “Captain EO” will be returning to other Disney Parks locations. It’s scheduled to open at Tokyo Disneyland on June 30 and Disneyland Paris on June 12. We’ll have more details on the film’s return to Walt Disney World in upcoming weeks but we wanted Disney Parks Blog readers to be among the first to know. Please check back for updates.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/

Last edited:

So it's finally official, Captain Eo is returning to Paris!! :wild: :woohoo: :clap: :clapping: :jump: :dance:

I knew Disney Parks Blogs would come up trumps!

Brilliant News!

So it's finally official, Captain Eo is returning to Paris!! :wild: :woohoo: :clap: :clapping: :jump: :dance:
I LOVE IT!!!! LOVE IT!!!! :woohoo:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! Captain EOOO! :wild::clapping::punk:

We gotta arrange a meeting and go to Paris all together, yay!

although Disney officials said Tuesday that Honey is expected to return eventually.

Why?? WTF is wrong with them? Honey was on twice as long as Captain Eo... who wants to see that played out little film based on two crappy movies no one remembers anyway! Why can't they just admit that Captain Eo is so much better and let that in the parks forever (or at least until they create a brand new 3D movie).

In the meantime, yay for coming back to Paris too! I think I know where I will go this summer!

Exciting! Will definitely be taking a trip to Paris this summer! :)

Yes!!! Anyone know how long it will be at Paris? There's no way I can go this summer. Oh man, please keep it there for a year at least! :D

Oooh I just read paris is confirmed??!?!?! Whoaaaaa, I'm going to start saving :D Who wants to come with me? :D

Back