"Captain EO" Will Return to Disneyland-Update pg28. Paris confirmed (threads merged)

Re: Michael Jackson's "Captain" EO Will Retrun to Disneyland

HELL YEAH!!! :D I can't wait to final see this in Disneyland! By the time I first went to Disneyland, Captain EO was replaced by Honey, I Shrunk the Audience.

I saw Honey, I Shrunk the Audience back when i went to Disneyland too. I remember being sad because I wanted to see Captain EO, even though I was nine and wasn't yet a fan of the King.

Re: Michael Jackson's "Captain EO" Will Return to Disneyland

At this moment its only Disneyland CA

any dates yet!? :wild:

I hope "Captain EO" comes to Tokyo Disneyland.

If it does, I'm going everyday.

I hope they bring in some merchandise as well, but i am looking forward to this next month

Re: Michael Jackson's "Captain" EO Will Retrun to Disneyland

I work at Disneyland :)

I wonder if theres going to be any Captain EO merchandise thats what I wanna know!

Hey hey, You gotta hook it up with the discounts!! LOL :lol: JK

Can't wait for this event. Its going to be wild! :D
I'm almost certain they will carry merchandise for this. It'd be such a waste not to have shirts, figurines, etc.

No date yet - but the Disney Imagineers are very busy.
All the HISTA signs have been removed... and its all getting a lick of paint!

Here are some pics from late last week :
P1017878.jpg

P1017880.jpg

P1017882.jpg

P1017884.jpg

P1017883.jpg

All Photos Courtesy of FishBulb.
:D SOOOOO excited!

Yup thats what I saw when I went to work last haha everytime I go to work I run over to Captain EO to see if theres any progress being made!

Yup thats what I saw when I went to work last haha everytime I go to work I run over to Captain EO to see if theres any progress being made!
Thanks for keeping us informed. :cheeky:

so excited for this. I feel like I'm going to see a real MJ concert soon.

Speechless_UK- Oh gosh, thank you for posting those! We can now see actual evidence it's almost here :wild:

JustBeatIt91- You are too lucky to be working there. Please let us know if you hear any leaked info about an official date!

This is going to be so much fun :D

It's coming!
This was apparently taken in the park a few days ago!
EOtribute.jpg

other photos taken - the posters are in but they are covered up for the moment - if you look closely enough you can see them :
252.jpg

253.jpg

They have now removed these posters again as too many people were trying to take a sneak peak - who knows maybe these were just teasers?

Rumours are the date opening date is Feb 11th but this has not been confirmed.

Its has apparently been confirmed that we will see a whole host of 'Captain Eo' merchandise tho! :D So Excited!

Less than a month to go, less than two weeks to go if Feb 11th is to be believed.
It will be there until 2011 as they are taking 'Star Tours' down in the park and this won't be re-open until next year... everyone who originally would go on this ride needs to go somewhere so for them to only have this open for a couple of months would be insane.

There are a few posters around the park guys!!! Its been renamed Captain EO Tribute

I will take a picture next time I go in

I will travel whereever I need to travel just to go on this ride!

Less than a month to go, less than two weeks to go if Feb 11th is to be believed.
It will be there until 2011 as they are taking 'Star Tours' down in the park and this won't be re-open until next year... everyone who originally would go on this ride needs to go somewhere so for them to only have this open for a couple of months would be insane.

Oh cool. I hope that's true. I will go watch it several times then. :cool:

I'm waiting for this I got my family sum free Disney tix for volunteering..just waiting for the date,baby. C'mon Mama wanna go to Disneyland, ya'll.

Confirmed: No ‘EO’ return for Disneyland Paris
Thursday, 31st December 2009 02:29 GMT

Sorry nostalgia fans, but it’s confirmed: Disneyland Paris won’t be following California’s lead in returning Michael Jackson’s 3-D space adventure Captain EO to the park in place of its Imagination Institute successor.

Regaining interest since the death of its lead earlier this year, the short film will return to its original home in Disneyland, California, for a “limited engagement” from February 2010.
Since this rumour first appeared, and especially since these plans were confirmed, fans of the other international resorts have obviously been questioning whether ‘EO’ could also, even temporarily, replace ‘HISTA’ in their home park.
Now, Disneyland Paris have given their answer. As confirmed by the press department in Le Journal and reported by Photos Magiques on Twitter, Captain EO will not be returning to Marne-la-Vallée.

Original CinéMagique: Captain EO entrance.
The 3-D special effects attraction originally played in Paris from opening day on 12th April 1992 up to 17th August 1998, when it closed to become Honey, I Shrunk the Audience (HISTA). On this date, Disneyland Paris was the last park in the world you could see the film — it having closed elsewhere over a year earlier and at Epcot over 4 years earlier.
Starring Michael Jackson in a film directed by Francis Ford Coppola, executive produced by George Lucas and featuring music by James Horder, it was one of the flagships of Michael Eisner’s arrival at the company when it premiered in the US parks in 1986. In Paris, the attraction was actually named CinéMagique, a variation on the “Magic Eye Theater” of California, making the resort perhaps the only one to have had two completely different yet identically-named attractions in its history.
With Honey, I Shrunk the Audience hardly doing a roaring trade over the back of Discoveryland, opening such limited hours as 11am to 6pm during the Summer high season, it remains to be seen what all-new replacement will eventually come about for the tired 3-D film. Rumours on MiceAge.com have suggested the limited-time showing of ‘EO’ in California could be followed by the arrival of Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor, a living character show (think Stitch Live!) from Florida’s Magic Kingdom. Could this be rolled out to ourselves and Tokyo? That’d still leave the problem of Epcot’s theatre.

In any case, Paris will likely have to wait for the other resorts to make their move in replacing HISTA first. It doesn’t appear to be much of a priority and, with the Californians now buying time with a nostalgia trip, this firm “non, merci” to EO’s return means Wayne Szalinski will likely be winning Inventor of the Year a good few more times yet — even if there’s hardly any Audience left to shrink.
Images © Disney.

http://www.dlrptoday.com/2009/12/31/confirmed-no-eo-return-for-disneyland-paris/[/url]

I actually was hoping for it to come to Europe too. California is so so far away:( Hope we will get a 3D DVD/BluRay-release soon! (sorry if this was already posted)

Last edited:

As expected about EuroDisney... I doubt it will go to Epcot either... I think this is just a one off for Disneyland LA as they were replacing HISTA anyway....

OMG You guys are getting me way too excited. I can't wait and I'm freaking out! lol

Poster looks a bit empty. Curse you Euro Disney! >_

Oh I was hoping it would come to Paris. I saw it in Paris when I was 11, a week before it was removed, and so want to see it again!!!!!

Back