"Captain EO" Will Return to Disneyland-Update pg28. Paris confirmed (threads merged)

Re: Official Reopening Date Set for 'Captain EO' Featuring MJ - February 23rd

:clap:THE RETURN OF CAPTIAN EO!!!!:clap:
52335707.jpg

"It's Just Another Part
of Michael Jackson".
"We are taking over!!!!"
bunny.gif

If you want to see a smile on Michael's face click on the link below: :cheeky:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_Pow-Kvc34

Last edited:

I am seriously considering going to California this fall...Vegas was on our list, but California is just a few hours away..why not?

This is so cool, I really wish I could go!
I think they should have this at all Disney parks worldwide :D
xxx

This is so cool, I really wish I could go!
I think they should have this at all Disney parks worldwide :D
xxx
Hear hear! Definitely! :yes:

Although I might be going to L.A. in September, I still would love to see this at least in Paris too.

awww, I wanna goooo!!!!

Any clues/ideas on how long it will be running for? I'm going to LA in August and really HAVE to see this again :)
We used to go to Disney Paris every year when I was little and it brings back so many memories even watching clips on YouTube!! Let alone having the entire experience again!!!! So so so Sooooo excited!!

Official Reopening Date Set for 'Captain EO' Featuring Michael Jackson
Since we first announced the return of “Captain EO” on the Disney Parks Blog, there has been an incredible response from fans, and we’ve received many enthusiastic emails and phone calls asking exactly when the classic “Captain EO” attraction featuring Michael Jackson will reopen.

Today, we are excited to give you an update on the Captain’s return!

On Tuesday, February 23, as a tribute to the magic, music and messages of “Captain EO,” the 3-D musical adventure is returning to the Tomorrowland theater in which it debuted.

While it’s not possible to replicate some special effects elements from the original presentation, it will boast a new 70mm print of the film, and it will sound better than ever thanks to acoustic enhancements made to the theater since the film last played there in 1997.

1986 photo of “Captain EO” characters at Disneyland park.

Check back on the Disney Parks Blog next week for more updates. We’ll also share a special “Captain EO” announcement on Twitter early next week. To be the first to hear it, follow us on Twitter: @Disneyland.
Source: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...set-for-captain-eo-featuring-michael-jackson/

(I thought this news deserved a thread on it's own! :))
The hairy ''thingy'' in the middle looks like ''ALF'' to me LOL!!!! So 80's! Love it though :wub:

Well, I'm going to plan to be there the day it opens. :D I will get there early and run and probably watch it more than once.

I wonder if the kids will get a special viewing?

I wonder if the kids will get a special viewing?
They already got a special viewing back in September/October they ran Captain Eo the day, they visited and they got a private viewing of it there, instead of ''honey I shrunk the kids''

we've already bought tickets and booked our room for march 5th and 6th... its so awesome now that i have a daughter i can pass on the torch, so to speak.. my nephew is more excited than me to see this!! michael lives on!

-Dal

we've already bought tickets and booked our room for march 5th and 6th... its so awesome now that i have a daughter i can pass on the torch, so to speak.. my nephew is more excited than me to see this!! michael lives on!

-Dal

Lucky. My nephew who lives in Florida wanted me to take him...But i had to tell him it is only at Disneyland..Bummer! Epcot centre is really missing the boat.

the Disneyland Twitter page says there will be an EO related announcement on Monday....I wonder what it is?

Re: Michael Jackson's "Captain EO" Will Return to Disneyland

Captain Eo Opens Feb 23rd confirmed

i hope it will come to Paris as well

I want it in Paris, shame there are no plans as of yet

Does anyone have any clue if they will have Captain EO merchandise/shirts/figurines etc??
Cuz I plan to take enough money to splurge if i have to. That is, after Bryn and I make a hard run for the candy shops LMAO! (inside joke).

But yeah! I'm soo excited for this! :dancing: Like really!
When I was a kid, anytime we went to Disneyland, hitting up Captain EO was by default. Its an excellent and vibrant experience.

One time, my family and I actually saw it twice, back to back. Yeah we had to line up again. lol. But it was so worth it.
I haven't been to Disneyland for years. This is so cool. I can't wait.

Is it really Feb 23?? That's amazing. I was supposed to return back to the comic universe on that date. 23 is my lucky number. (because my birthday lands on 23 heh :p)

Well, if anyone's planning to go, maybe we can try and sync up dates so we can meet up or something. :)

Bye for now!:clapping:

NAR,
HAVE A GREAT TIME AT
CAPTAIN EO!!!!:dancing:

So awesome! :D

Im seeing it for ahem *real* tomorrow :D

What is the announement that was made? Anyone heard about it?

http://www.slashfilm.com/author/admin/ Disney Parks has confirmed that the Francis Ford Coppola-directed/George Lucas-produced Michael Jackson sci-fi action 3D musical short film Captain EO will return to Disneyland’s Tomorrowland beginning on Tuesday, February 23rd 2010.
As a tribute to the magic, music and messages of “Captain EO,” the 3-D musical adventure is returning to the Tomorrowland theater in which it debuted. While it’s not possible to replicate some special effects elements from the original presentation, it will boast a new 70mm print of the film, and it will sound better than ever thanks to acoustic enhancements made to the theater since the film last played there in 1997.

Previously:
Rumors that the attraction would return to the Southern California theme park hit the web in September, but were quickly denied by the mouse house. Bob Iger admitted at the time that Disney was considering the possibility but that “It’s the kind of thing that, if we did it, would get a fair amount of attention and we’d want to make sure we do it right.” Many people took the comment as meaning that Disney wanted to update the attraction in ways to appeal to today’s audiences.

The 17-minute film cost a record $17 million in 1986, a cost of about one million dollars per minute of film, this was, minute for minute, the most expensive motion picture of all time. If you adjust that number for inflation, it rises to almost $35 million. That’s a lot of money for a $17 million short film. Another fun factoid is that Steven Spielberg was originally signed on to direct the movie but had to cancel due to scheduling conflicts with his other film projects. The film opened in Epcot and Disneyland in mid-September 1986, Tokyo Disneyland in March 1987, and Disneyland Park (Paris) in 1992). All four installations were closed down by 1998.
The story followed Captain Eo and his rugged ragtag crew who went on a mission to deliver a special gift to a wicked queen (played by Anjelica Huston) who lives on a dark, desolate world. Captain EO can be found online on many of the video sharing websites.
The film featured two songs, “We Are Here to Change the World” and “Another Part of Me” by Michael Jackson. The action on the screen was recreated for the live audience using lasers, laser impacts, smoke effects, and starfields that filled the theater. The presentation was replaced by Honey I Shrunk the Audience, another live interaction 3D short.

Read more: Captain EO Returns to Disneyland on February 23rd 2010 | /Film http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/02/19...sneyland-on-february-23rd-2010/#ixzz0gIhILdiw

My local news had a report and they said Captain EO will be showing 'indefinitely' :D

As for merch ... I hope they have more than just 'clothing' and release other stuff. be nice to get some posters, stuffed animals ...

My local news had a report and they said Captain EO will be showing 'indefinitely' :D

As for merch ... I hope they have more than just 'clothing' and release other stuff. be nice to get some posters, stuffed animals ...

I hope so.....I'm hoping to go next year - so I would be so over the moon if it was still there.... fingers crossed xxx

Ahh can't wait to see the merch!

Your Favorite Memory of ‘Captain EO’ is…
posted on February 22nd, 2010 by Heather Hust Rivera, Manager, Print and Social Media, Disneyland Resort

There’s a lot of excitement around the return of “Captain EO” to Disneyland park tomorrow. To find out why guests are so eager to see it, we went into the Park and asked them, “What is your favorite memory of Captain EO?”
For those who may not be as familiar with the attraction, here’s the story: Captain EO, played by Michael Jackson, is on a quest to deliver a gift to the Supreme Leader, played by Anjelica Huston. Joining him is a ragtag group of aliens: Fuzzball; the two-headed Idee and Odee; the robotic security guard Major Domo (and Minor Domo); and a lovable, elephantine purple alien named Hooter.
Before they reach the Supreme Leader, Captain EO and his crew are taken hostage. Only by delivering his gift of song to the evil Supreme Leader can they win her over, save themselves and, quite literally, change the world.
For some, the music is what evokes so many positive memories, including two numbers written expressly for Captain EO that have become Michael Jackson classics: “We Are Here to Change the World” and “Another Part of Me.”

Back