"Captain EO" Will Return to Disneyland-Update pg28. Paris confirmed (threads merged)

Re: Michael Jackson's "Captain EO" Will Return to Disneyland (threads merged)

I need that merchandise! Someone say they'll get them for me?!

I'm so jealous, I really want to see it again. I saw it in Paris when I was 11 and after I came out I demmanded to see it again!

PLEASE someone answer a question.

Are they using smoke and rays (laser) in the cinema?

Re: Official Reopening Date Set for 'Captain EO' Featuring MJ - February 23rd

IMG_0295.jpg

:bugeyed

wish they bring it to orlando

I know right that would be awesome!!!! Cause i know i can make it to Orlando then says Cailf.

lol yeah, it did scare me when I was a kid (Supreme Leader is pretty scary for a little kid :bugeyed), but I still loved it. I wish I could have gone there today, but I had other things going on. :( I'm going there tomorrow though. :party: I know I will at least be buying a shirt and poster. :D Just watching it with other fans will probably be really magical. I'm probably going to be overcome with emotion. It still feels like a dream to me they brought the attraction back.

No, unfortunately they will not be using lasers and smoke this time. The only thing was that they are now using a 70mm with better visual and sound quality.
A cast member of Disneyland pretty much said that it wasn't possible to add the laser and smoke effects. (not sure why.)

I remember the lasers and smoke back then. Those effects were incredible. But, as long as the movie and sound are top notch, I'm good. :D

No, unfortunately they will not be using lasers and smoke this time. The only thing was that they are now using a 70mm with better visual and sound quality.
A cast member of Disneyland pretty much said that it wasn't possible to add the laser and smoke effects. (not sure why.)

I remember the lasers and smoke back then. Those effects were incredible. But, as long as the movie and sound are top notch, I'm good. :D

Thank You.

Just got back from Disneyland EO was great heres what I wore

meandeo.jpg

:D put those bandwagoners in their place! But one guy was dressed up as the BAD Michael.

Overall im a bit disapointed with the merch. I got the sweatshirt which looks like it came out of 1986 ill post a pic later. I got a button as well

I was REALLY REALLY hoping that they would be selling Captain EO's trademark rainbow shirt but sadly no..... The T-shirts they had had the Captain EO tribute poster on the front and they had black T-shirts in womans sizes only with the EO logo

:clapping:CONGRATULATIONS to all of you who were lucky enough to attend the grand reopening of Michael Jackson's
CAPTAIN EO!!!!!:clapping:

I read what they do have is something like "movement" to feel as you were actually flying on the spaceship (like for instance in that attraction at Euro Disney, the one for Star Wars).

Is is so?

:eek:

I was REALLY REALLY hoping that they would be selling Captain EO's trademark rainbow shirt but sadly no..... The T-shirts they had had the Captain EO tribute poster on the front and they had black T-shirts in womans sizes only with the EO logo

Ohhhh :hug:

Anyway, you are a winner!
I can't even go, so don't worry and be happy ;)

You really do feel like your moving its crazy

You really do feel like your moving its crazy

Great!
Well, that's new.
It was not in the original.
We loose the smoke and laser and got some movement.
Cool!!

I wish I could ever see this :(

The movement feels natuaral to and is literally timed with the beat of the song and certain parts like when Michael knocks the supreme leaders goons back you literally drop a little so you feel the impact of the blow.

does anyone know how long Captain EO will be running for??? i would like to try for the summertime, but i wonder will it still be there?

I need a teleporting machine. :(

^ Aw bless your heart. Make sure you enjoy it a little bit more on my behalf. :D

From twitter:
Massive crowds show up at Disneyland on Tuesday for the return of Michael Jackson's "Captain Eo"

68745768.jpg

It wasnt really that packed when I went

You guys still want me to post a pic of my souviners? Or have you seen them already?

It wasnt really that packed when I went

You guys still want me to post a pic of my souviners? Or have you seen them already?

post em!!

-Dal

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!

I wanna go soooo bad!!!! I really really wanna go to Cali to get on the ride dammit!

So lucky to the people who went, tell me was it magical???
I'm so happy you all got to go see it, please keep us updated!!!

I have to get my license before I go anywhere :(

RE-PREMIER of captain eo

Michael Jackson fans lined outside Disneyland today to be the first to see the "re-debut" of Captain EO, the 17 minute science fiction themed musical that MJ started in, which was directed by Francis Ford Coppola and executive produced George Lucas.

According to the LA Times:
The film stars Jackson as a captain leading a crew of aliens, robots and "fuzzball" on a spaceship on a mission to deliver a gift to a wicked alien witch played by Anjelica Huston.

A Disney spokeswoman told KTLA that there was no timeline for how long the show would run, but said it would stay for as long as it remained popular.
See photos of the event here:
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/disneyland-235761-line-http.html?pic=1
Thanks to MJFC

Ok here is the new Captain EO button

HNI_0014.jpg

Captain EO Sweatshirt

HNI_0016.jpg

I personally wish it was black but it looks just like the 80s ones

Official Captain EO merchandise tags which are on all the Captain EO merchandise

HNI_0017.jpg

I love how it says featuring Michael Jackson :D

and thats all I bought for now anyway lol

Disneyland in L.A. only

The movement feels natuaral to and is literally timed with the beat of the song and certain parts like when Michael knocks the supreme leaders goons back you literally drop a little so you feel the impact of the blow.

I love this new added effect. It's so much fun. It feels like a ride. Man I could probably watch this show all day long. It's so amazing and just like I remembered.

hows the crowd? i mean after the opening day. Were they very supportive of EO? Or just curious? Maybe a mix of both eh?

I can't wait to get there. Once im done with my heavy work load this weekend, I will arrange my schedule to hit that theme park. :D

Back