"Captain EO" Will Return to Disneyland-Update pg28. Paris confirmed (threads merged)

Re: Michael Jackson's "Captain EO" Will Return to Disneyland (threads merged)

okay does anyone know when this will be closing? i want to get there sooner than later but, really need to know how long this attraction will be up!

thanks in advance

Hey Dal how did you like it? I saw EO twice today haha

did you snag a poster? they just got them back in stock. I wasss sooooo happpppy

and I think it closes in a year man

So what are the prices on these items.

Captain Eo back in Eurodisney in Paris in june 2010 !!

If you read the topic (presuming you speak french), it says that it will return to Eurodisney in June 2010 in 4D ! Source is 100% sure. We even got the official poster "Captain Eo Tribute" It will be presented in 4D in a special room (with moving seats and floor)

Source : King Michael >> Link Here

i hope to go sometime in May *crosses fingers*

:yes:

If you read the topic (presuming you speak french), it says that it will return to Eurodisney in June 2010 in 4D ! Source is 100% sure. We even got the official poster "Captain Eo Tribute" It will be presented in 4D in a special room (with moving seats and floor)

No way?! :wild:

No way?! :wild:

Oooooo Stace......start saving.....I feel a BIG meet up coming on :yes:
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Oooooo Stace......start saving.....I feel a BIG meet up coming on :yes:
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Ahhhh, I have always wanted to see this! So hoping it's true! :D

Girls I think we have our summer trip planned! Get saving guys!!!!!

You've got in in one girl - start looking after those pennies - if this is all kosha - we are SOOOOOOOOOOOOO going!!!!!

I cant wait to organise a trip abroad.....can you imagine....:yes:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You've got in in one girl - start looking after those pennies - if this is all kosha - we are SOOOOOOOOOOOOO going!!!!!

I cant wait to organise a trip abroad.....can you imagine....:yes:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yay!!!! So exciting! I saw Captain EO a week before it closed when I was 11 in Paris so I'm so looking forward to seeing it again if true!

EO back in Paris?

God, I HOPE SO!!!!

i loved i! bought an eo pin too... didnt see the poster.. wudve bought it tho..

-Dal

Paris!!! Wow! Even though I'm going to LA in April, that's a reason to go to Paris as well! Exciting!

My friend told me that if none official announcement has been made yet, that's because at Mickey's, they're always waiting the last moment to make such statements.
This information was given by her best friend, who is Vice President of Walt Disney Imagineering, so I think we can trust her... Don't you ? ;-P

(sorry for my bad english...)

Please DON'T get your hopes up! I would love it to come to DLP as its closer to me but this was released in January :
http://www.drfunkenberry.com/2010/01/04/captain-eo-not-coming-to-disney-paris/

“Michael Jackson fans all over the world had been wondering if “Captain EO” would also return to the other Disney Parks worldwide, like it will in California. Now, Disneyland Paris have CONFIRMED that it WON’T ! Probably because it’s far too expensive to re-build the theater (where “Honey I Shrunk the Audience” is still showing) once again. No word yet from the folks in Florida or Tokyo, about a possible Captain EO return over there.”

The poster is just the one from Disneyland that thay have used. Unless Disney officially confirm it - don't believe it yet!
You never know they could chnage their minds and I think the only thing that will, is if they see a huge footfall at the attraction in Anaheim.

So I take it most of you guys live in Europe?

and Dal it was in the Star Trader store the first store you see after leaving EO if your able to go back get one! :D

I spoke a lot with the friend who informed me because i'm very suspicious...
She explained to me that it’s normal that employees of Euro Disney didn’t know about this project because it’s a desire of executives to deny this information.
The executives certainly think that their announcement of opening of "Captain Eo Tribute" to Eurodisney will have more impact if employees don’t know about it (this avoids rumors)
I have another acquaintance of mine who has friends working at EuroDisney (as employees and management staff), which had also confirmed that Captain Eo was not established in Paris.
However, it’s the vice president of Walt Disney Imagineering (who confirmed the information to my friend) who gave us the poster of the film, exclusively.

There is no reason to doubt the statement of the vice president of Walt Disney Imagineering, we’d rather check if the sources of drfunkenberry.com have been verified

I'm pretty sure it will be back in Euro Disney. Especially Japan. Its all a matter of time. :)

I have but one question. Has anyone seen the supposed replica Jacket that's supposed to sell at Disneyland Cali???

Well I went and the jackets were there I couldnt resist....... not even to 184.00 price tag

ah so I dont eat for a week no big deal its all for L.O.V.E.

front

HNI_0022.jpg

front patch

HNI_0023.jpg

back

HNI_0024.jpg

back patch

HNI_0025.jpg

i'll never understand how they bellyache over seventeen million dollars to make a movie. or a million per minute for seventeen minutes, in the media.. to me, it sounds like hey, he wanted to give his best.

then they inflate it to thirty five million. so what? just replace one coin with another. you can't take it with you, anyway..

looked like a great film

..i just wish they'd take the word 'tribute' away..

trendy, i know...'till it's gone'..i know...but...i'm glad it's back.

Although a cool souvenir, that jacket is not worth $184
Maybe if it were one from 1986 but not a new one. It's a simple windbreaker with patches and nothing more.

It's a heavy ass jacket thou ill give it that and its like triple quilted alot warmer than a wind breaker

oh and I diddnt pay 184 for it

Gotta love cast member discounts :D

mookylicious - just be careful I don't want to ruin your sources but that poster pic was posted by me on this very thread about a month ago when they popped them into cases at Disneyland Anaheim... its a pic of the poster taken on an iPhone so its not even hi-res?!

WDW and DLP have both said that they were not bringing it back due to cost. Disneyland LA only bought it back because they were taking out HISTA anyway... so thought what the heck? Tokyo have confirmed they are still deciding.

If DLP do decide I think they will need to do it sooner rather than later...

I can get the 20% passholder discount, but it's still not worth it. I wouldn't even pay the $30-something (price after the discount) for the sweatshirt. I was really hoping for the replica jacket but oh well. At least that's $100+ dollars that will be in my pocket.

thank you for the clarification Speechless, I'll check my sources again.

Well I went and the jackets were there I couldnt resist....... not even to 184.00 price tag

ah so I dont eat for a week no big deal its all for L.O.V.E.

front

HNI_0022.jpg

front patch

HNI_0023.jpg

back

HNI_0024.jpg

back patch

HNI_0025.jpg

AWWWWW... Thats the supposedly "Replica" Captain EO jacket?! ...mmm nevermind then. :(

I thought when people said "replica jacket", they meant this one here

6a00d8341c630a53ef0120a5b8a3ff970c-500pi

Booo. forget it then. lol. I wanted the movie replica.
Well.. I guess I'll be coming back home with more money in my pocket after all. haha.

Are they selling any figurines or anything else? Just shirts and sweatshirts?

Gonna see Captain EO later today! I'm so excited! :D

@ Speechless : I ask my friend if what she said to me was true and here's what she said to me (again, excuse my english) :
"I don't care what Disney's fans are saying ... Let people think what they want. There has been no official announcement but this is a well-known, in the Disney staff, so there is no breach of confidentiality.
About what is confidential, neither my friend nor anyone related to Disney in any way will be friendly to disclose anything.

I have nothing more to say on the subject, I smile just thinking about this summer and to all those who play the unbelievers since the beginning, despite my info and my contacts".

She seems quite "unbreakable" (lol) but I really start to doubt about what she says.
We'll see (fingers crossed).

Back