"Captain EO" Will Return to Disneyland-Update pg28. Paris confirmed (threads merged)

Re: Michael Jackson's "Captain EO" Will Return to Disneyland (threads merged)

hows the crowd? i mean after the opening day. Were they very supportive of EO? Or just curious? Maybe a mix of both eh?

I can't wait to get there. Once im done with my heavy work load this weekend, I will arrange my schedule to hit that theme park. :D

Wasn't too crowded there, but Wednesdays usually aren't for Disneyland. I saw it twice. First time in the morning it was maybe half full. The second time, it was filled up. Yeah people were cheering and clapping in the theater. It was pretty awesome.

Wow, I remember seeing Captain EO when it first came out at Disneyland. What a thrill that was! Would love to see it again now.

I just got home from Disneyland. I went to see EO all 3 days I was there. :) The first day, I didn't make the first showing but I did get the 2nd showing and I saw it again before the park closed, both the crowds were great and excited. The second day, I saw it 2x again and both those crowds were kind of just blah. Yesterday, I saw it 3x. It was a mixture of really excited people and then people that were just there to see it cause they could. My friends and I had on our MJ t-shirts and Captain EO buttons though. People were constantly asking about it or just randomly coming up to us to talk about how great it was, how many times they saw it, being at the original opening, etc. It was really great. Opening day was definitely the best though. It felt like an MJ Convention. :)

I love it! I never got to see it during the original run. (I was too young and never even went to Disneyland or Disney World prior to last year.)

Just got back from Disneyland EO was great heres what I wore

meandeo.jpg

:D put those bandwagoners in their place! But one guy was dressed up as the BAD Michael.

Overall im a bit disapointed with the merch. I got the sweatshirt which looks like it came out of 1986 ill post a pic later. I got a button as well

I was REALLY REALLY hoping that they would be selling Captain EO's trademark rainbow shirt but sadly no..... The T-shirts they had had the Captain EO tribute poster on the front and they had black T-shirts in womans sizes only with the EO logo

I saw you! My friend tapped you on the shoulder to comment on your jacket. haha We were talking about how authentic it looks. :)

I agree. The merch is disappointing. I just ended up getting the black t-shirt, a couple of buttons, and the poster.

One of the cast members did tell me that they are releasing a replica of the jacket next month. He didn't know the exact date or whether or not it would light up though, and it's going to be $165. =x

You saw me? Awesome :D

A replica jacket? Are we actually talking EO's jacket

Or just a logo nylon jacket like the 5th picture to the right

http://www.michaeljacksoncatalog.com/captaineo.html

Yep. :) I spotted the jacket first, but I remember your face too so I know it was you. lol

He said "replica" as in the EO jacket. It's possible that he could have misunderstood, but I hope not. For $165, it has to be the EO jacket. I don't think even the biggest collector would pay that much for just the logo on nylon. =/

Well if he is right than my dream of finally owning EO's jacket will be complete.

I got the poster shirt today all the M sizes were gone so I got a Large anf the cashier put the 26.00 on my debit card when I told them only to put 6.00 which put me into overdraft....... So I have to sort that out tomorrow at my bank

I get home look and the shirt and a few threads on the inside were damaged..... But not to bad

I'm going at the end of this month! I hope they have their merch stocked and OMG if i see that jacket, I'm soooo getting it. lol. :dancin:

I wish I was there on opening day. Had too much work I needed to finish though. I hope that the energy isn't all blah when I get there. That would suck.
Californians... they're the worst lol. (teasing)

:D

BTW, they're having a discount right now for passholders through May. So I got the merchandise at that discount. :D I'd love to have that jacket, but boy that's way too expensive for me. :( I will at least look at it maybe.

If there is really a replica jacket for sale could someone pleaseeee post a picture!! This has gotten me so excited for when I go in august!!!
-x-

Before I went to bed last night I noticed my shirt had a tear in the back.............

Before I went to bed last night I noticed my shirt had a tear in the back.............

That sucks. I'm sure you can return it though. I think they have a 90 day return policy for all the Disney shops.

If there is really a replica jacket for sale could someone pleaseeee post a picture!! This has gotten me so excited for when I go in august!!!
-x-
I'm not going back till the 23rd of this month. If they have it by then, I will be sure to post pics (unless someone beats me to it).

I wish I was there on opening day. Had too much work I needed to finish though. I hope that the energy isn't all blah when I get there. That would suck.
It does suck! I hated the blah audiences. Especially people that look at you like you're a weirdo because you can quote the movie and/or sing the songs.

I would go almost every day if I lived in CA still (I'm an annual passholder too :p), but blah, I'm in stupid Phoenix.

I'm going on the 26th most likely. It would be really cool if we could all meet up. Have ourselves an awesome crowd of our own! heh :)

im going this fri n saturday! cant wait!

-Dal

Oh man I may be going to LA in two weeks I def want to see EO!

what are the show times?

Took my shirt back they diddnt have any more....... Only XXL and XL and they say obesity is a problem in America?

Im still -3.15 in my checking account

But on the plus side I saw EO again today no matter what is wrong seeing Michael makes it all melt away

If there is any truth in the rumours that it will be making its way to Paris then who wants a trip to Paris?!!!

I just hate sitting in the auidince with a bunch of fair weather post June 25th MJ fans. Every showing I have gone to people laugh at Michael when he says were going in and make comments about him.

Yesterday took the cake though some guy was on the phone talking about the show and he was all like " They took it out in 1997 when Jackson molested those kids"

I was soooooooooooo tempted to say something

I just hate sitting in the auidince with a bunch of fair weather post June 25th MJ fans. Every showing I have gone to people laugh at Michael when he says were going in and make comments about him.

Yesterday took the cake though some guy was on the phone talking about the show and he was all like " They took it out in 1997 when Jackson molested those kids"

Ugh I know that can be so annoying, I hate when people make ignorant comments like that about michael and when I hear it i'm tempted to say something also but you when you are out in public you don't want to seem random jumping in strangers conversations.

Just got back from Disneyland EO was great heres what I wore

meandeo.jpg

:D put those bandwagoners in their place! But one guy was dressed up as the BAD Michael.

Awsome:D

687fea91677be9103defb8dc0b97e8b7.gif

What the..I'd have been sooo mad!

If there is any truth in the rumours that it will be making its way to Paris then who wants a trip to Paris?!!!

I'm ready to make travel plans as soon as that's confirmed..! :yes: I'm so excited about the possibility of FINALLY going to Disneyland and seeing Captain Eo!! :wild: :girl_happy:

So do you get to keep the glasses ?

So do you get to keep the glasses ?

Nope but dont worry there not the purple glasses just the yellow honey I shrunk the kids ones.

and hahaha at that facepalm pic those were my thoughts exactly I mean the things people say some guy and his girfriend were behind me going on about how they liked Michael when he was black and when he "turned" white he wasnt as good

I just felt like screaminf HE DIDDNT TURN ANYTHING the poor man had a disease I mean you dont make fun of a person with cancer when they have to shave their head so why make fun of Michael?

I wish we could all see the show together because we appreciate Michael

ok so today is the day!!! my family and i are leaving this afternoon, checkin into our hotel tonight, then going to disneyland tomorrow and cali adventures on saturday!

captain eo here i come!!

-Dal

Lol im gonna be at Disneyland tommorow to

I kept a pair of glasses. (Stealing is terrible! Don't follow my lead) I just stuck them in the bag after the last showing of the night. =x One of the guys I met up with later had done the same thing, but we left out of the park to go eat, so when we went back through security they confiscated them at the gate. haha. So if you just want a pair, just make sure you take them to your hotel room or to your car before you go back in if you leave the park. They're nothing special though--the same plain yellow ones they use for HISTA and any other 3D attraction at Disneyland.

@JustBeatIt91 I think you were right about it being the nylon jacket. I found a blog on Disney's website with a list of the merch, and it says a nylon jacket featuring the EO logo would be available mid-March. It still doesn't make sense that it would cost $165 though. I guess we'll know soon enough. =/

I knew it.............. Iam sad now my hopes were so high.

I kept a pair of glasses. (Stealing is terrible! Don't follow my lead) I just stuck them in the bag after the last showing of the night. =x One of the guys I met up with later had done the same thing, but we left out of the park to go eat, so when we went back through security they confiscated them at the gate. haha. So if you just want a pair, just make sure you take them to your hotel room or to your car before you go back in if you leave the park. They're nothing special though--the same plain yellow ones they use for HISTA and any other 3D attraction at Disneyland.

@JustBeatIt91 I think you were right about it being the nylon jacket. I found a blog on Disney's website with a list of the merch, and it says a nylon jacket featuring the EO logo would be available mid-March. It still doesn't make sense that it would cost $165 though. I guess we'll know soon enough. =/

I totally would have stolen those glasses too if they were the purple ones lol. Those must be a collector item by now.

Back