Bal à Versailles:MJ's favorite perfume.(By Karen Faye)

well i have gone to Sephora, Saks 5th, Bloomingdales, Lord and Taylor, Macy's, and Neima Marcus to buy this perfume....

only to have them tell me.... oh, we don't sell that here. two places asked me "why" I wanted an old person perfume??? huh??

so where did you all buy it

** i just don't want to buy it online.

I've not checked in local stores...got mine at Buy.com.

I love that I can take a sniff and know what MJ smelled like sometimes. :) Definitely not my kind of scent for me though. I think it's the musk that I don't like. I've never been a fan of musk...but it does smell a lot like something my grandma used to wear. LOL

I think ,for some ppl it smells like grandma’s perfume because it has incense in it. Personally, I like incense. I had 50ml Eau De Toilette spray and loved to look at the picture on the bottle.
I do not know if there is any difference between pure perfume and Eau De Toilette. I mean, yes pure perfume is stronger which I do not need. I wonder if there is any diff in quolity. Pure perfume costs more than Eau De Toilette.

I think ,for some ppl it smells like grandma’s perfume because it has incense in it. Personally, I like incense. I had 50ml Eau De Toilette spray and loved to look at the picture on the bottle.
I do not know if there is any difference between pure perfume and Eau De Toilette. I mean, yes pure perfume is stronger which I do not need. I wonder if there is any diff in quolity. Pure perfume costs more than Eau De Toilette.
I have miniature bottles of both the pure parfum and the EDT and there really is a difference. And I'm not a perfume kind of person, so I guess if I notice it then it should be pretty noticeable, lol. The perfume has a bit more of a richer/deeper scent. I guess "smoother" is a word I'd use to describe it, yeah, smoother.

And I totally agree with people on the grandma thing, lol. But for some reason I keep putting it on anyway...

What did Karen say about the other 2 perfumes - CK Obsession and Joop? Did he like those too?

What did Karen say about the other 2 perfumes - CK Obsession and Joop? Did he like those too?
If I remember correctly (and please everyone correct me if I'm wrong) she had said he had worn those on occasion because he was given them as gifts or sometimes bought perfumes/colognes on a whim, but they weren't his favorites.

Ok, you can make fun of me but I am going to smell like your grandma very soon:) LOL I ordered EDT for myself the same what I used to have, the same bottle, the same picture. At least I know what I am getting..... .
Hello? Grandma? Is that you? :hysterical: No, really, that was my first impression because the scent is kind of... old somehow. But really, I can't stop putting it on me now. It's addictive or something. It's like I don't love it, but can't stop myself. Someday when we can't find this stuff anymore there'll be an MJ Fans BaV Addiction Support Group, lolol...

I've not checked in local stores...got mine at Buy.com.

I love that I can take a sniff and know what MJ smelled like sometimes. :) Definitely not my kind of scent for me though. I think it's the musk that I don't like. I've never been a fan of musk...but it does smell a lot like something my grandma used to wear. LOL

thanks.... i will just have to order it online then.

I actually did put some of this on two nights ago....I don't care for any type of musk, and the scent from the bottle does suggest a "grandma-ish" sort of scent to me. But I decided, hey, I paid for it, might as well try it. After it's on for about 20 minutes and has time to settle, it doesn't smell too bad on. I don't think I'll wear it everyday (I'm a Clinique Happy kind of gal, LOL), but I think I will wear a bit from time to time. Glad I gave it a shot! :)

I actually did put some of this on two nights ago....I don't care for any type of musk, and the scent from the bottle does suggest a "grandma-ish" sort of scent to me. But I decided, hey, I paid for it, might as well try it. After it's on for about 20 minutes and has time to settle, it doesn't smell too bad on. I don't think I'll wear it everyday (I'm a Clinique Happy kind of gal, LOL), but I think I will wear a bit from time to time. Glad I gave it a shot! :)

You know, I learned that perfume has to fit your body and your skin .While you wear it you should not smell it on yourself. If you do not, it means it goes with your skin perfectly. If you smell it, you have headache or any kind of inconvenience it means it doesn’t go with you. I had one very expansive perfume I couldn’t’ wear. I tried many times to adjust to it, but it didn’t work. I could smell it all the time and it was inconvenient. But in the bottle it smelled pretty nice and fresh. Finally I had to give it away. So, I think perfume is something to do with your skin. I do not smell BAV at all at myself and it doesn’t bother me.:)
Clinique Happy is a good taste. I had it once but didn't fisnish it LOL

I am waiting for my sample to arrive. I bought it on Ebay last week. I'm really curious to see what it feels like.

It will be interesting to see how this one feels, since I used to wear a lot of Anais Anais from Cacharel and Attraction from Lancome in the past, but last year I discovered an amazing perfume made in Italy based on rose and blackberry from a company called Derbe.

Smell is sooo important, it can trigger so many memories. I remember the commercial for a fashion show on CNN many years ago - the sense of sight, the sense of touch, the sense of smell....etc, of all the senses the most important may be the sense of style, with Elsa Clench.

One thing those of you that say you don't like the Bal A Versailles is that you are going to have to imagine the smell mixed in with Michael's own personal fragrance. Imagine that smell on him after he'd been rehearsing a few dance numbers and had sweat dripping down around his neck. . . Well, now do you get the picture? I think it would be a lot more pleasant for you! I just saw on another thread where one of his male dancers said Mike smelled so good. There have been stories for years from fans who have gotten hugs from Mike who commented on wonderful he smelled. I guess I will never know for myself now. . . :no:. I can always dream and use my imagination though can't I? :yes:

One thing those of you that say you don't like the Bal A Versailles is that you are going to have to imagine the smell mixed in with Michael's own personal fragrance. Imagine that smell on him after he'd been rehearsing a few dance numbers and had sweat dripping down around his neck. . . Well, now do you get the picture? I think it would be a lot more pleasant for you! I just saw on another thread where one of his male dancers said Mike smelled so good. There have been stories for years from fans who have gotten hugs from Mike who commented on wonderful he smelled. I guess I will never know for myself now. . . :no:. I can always dream and use my imagination though can't I? :yes:

OH yes, I'm sure it smelled just WONDERFUL on Michael, for sure! That's really the appeal of having my little bottle of BAV...just so I can imagine in some way what MJ would smell like if he was standing next to me. :)

yes you can..:yes:.....I would love to of been able to smell Michael....I hear he smelled beautiful...:cry:....I will never know...:no:

That he wore them just because he got them as gifts, not 'cause he liked them.
When he didn't have BAV he preferred Black Orquid

im curious now what it smells like...
maybe ill go to the department store and ask if they have it LOL

ya id like to see an article or something
i was hoping the person that mentioned he had on strong calonge and smelled good during the rehersals wouldve said what hes wearing lol

oh well

Karen said that for the last two weeks before he passed he was wearing BAV.

there is a beautiful picture of Karen and Michael, both standing on a hill on NL (before the trial) and I would like to know what message Michael wrote on this pic

Black Orquid is a hell of a fragrance. VERY intense I still can smell it and the longer it stays on skin the more I like it

oh no i mean i wanted to smell a sample..im sooo curious what his calognes smelled like:)

thanks

Black Orquid is a hell of a fragrance. VERY intense I still can smell it and the longer it stays on skin the more I like it

Tom Ford's Black Orchid is to my opinion more suitable for a man to wear than for a woman. It is really an expensive fragrance, unfortunately on my skin it smells just horrible.:no: So before you ppl order a full bottle perhaps you should try a sample first. Cannot stand it, smells like I sprayed myself with omg:wild: oh well.
Wanna stay polite.

oh no i mean i wanted to smell a sample..im sooo curious what his calognes smelled like:)

thanks
Try ebay. I've bought little mini bottles of both Tom Ford Black Orchid and BaV for really cheap that way.

Back