Bal à Versailles:MJ's favorite perfume.(By Karen Faye)

i am thinking to order it from here: http://www.fragrancex.com/products/_sid_BALVP14__products.html
the Eau De Cologne Spray version.....actually this will smell the same as the parfum? sorry for the silly question...i just want to smell it, not to use, and for this maybe this cheapest option is the best

It'll be a weaker version of the fragrance. It's better to get the perfume to get a truer idea of the scent that the perfumer intended on creating. The perfum is more concentrated/potent, it'll last longer (around 5 hours, 3 or for for eau de perfume) and the intensity will smeill different on the skin as opposed to a weaker version. Eau de cologne will only last an hour or two.

It'll be a weaker version of the fragrance. It's better to get the perfume to get a truer idea of the scent that the perfumer intended on creating. The perfum is more concentrated/potent, it'll last longer (around 5 hours, 3 or for for eau de perfume) and the intensity will smeill different on the skin as opposed to a weaker version. Eau de cologne will only last an hour or two.
thx for the reply:) i will save then for the parfume!

My mother used to have Joop! and use it. It smells very nice when you buy it at first, but it's extremely strong. The last time I tried some on, everybody started complaining about that "horrible smell" in the house and I had to wash it off.

I just got an email from FraganceX ... and the perfum is on its way!!! In a few days I'll be able to share the whole heavenly experience with you all!!! Can't wait!

IF YOU WANT THIS TOO TAKE YOUR CHANCE NOW! http://www.fragrancex.com/products/_lid_B-am-pid_721W-am-cid_Perfume__products.html

FREE SHIPPING ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD COUPON!!!

Animated_angel_emoticon_praying_hg_wht.gif

Last edited:
I just got a tiny bottle of the Eau De Toilette (from a trusted ebay seller) before I read far enough to see the links where I could've gotten the perfume. Ah well.

It's funny the comments I've read online about this scent. Some people rave and yet I've also read that it smells like "panties":lmao: , an "old elementary school", all kinds of weird things. But then these might be people who pick up all these subtle little notes, which I never notice. People like wine tasters. "Can't you taste the subtle hint of chocolately rosewood?" Um, no, it tastes like WINE to me.

Wow, can't wait to smell this stuff :rofl:

I, I got Black Orchid all over in my room now. Female perfume or not, it's very strong, I wouldn't wear it myself...but now it's over things that remind me of him :(

Interesting. Thanks for posting. (Thanks for posting the MJ and Karen picture as well, I'd been looking for it, just wish I could find it HQ)

I got this BAV perfume and EDT. imo the EDT is better for daytime wear as it's scent is slightly weaker. The perfume is stronger and is definately for evening wear

Yeah, I'm so getting that too. :lol: Thanks for posting! I always wondered too what parfum he wore.

Has somebody already smell this fragance???
Mine had not arrived yet!!!!

I just got a tiny bottle of the Eau De Toilette (from a trusted ebay seller) before I read far enough to see the links where I could've gotten the perfume. Ah well.

It's funny the comments I've read online about this scent. Some people rave and yet I've also read that it smells like "panties":lmao: , an "old elementary school", all kinds of weird things. But then these might be people who pick up all these subtle little notes, which I never notice. People like wine tasters. "Can't you taste the subtle hint of chocolately rosewood?" Um, no, it tastes like WINE to me.

Wow, can't wait to smell this stuff :rofl:

That made me laugh out loud because I think the same thing. Like what? What are YOU tasting? I just taste some good ass wine!

I got this BAV perfume and EDT. imo the EDT is better for daytime wear as it's scent is slightly weaker. The perfume is stronger and is definately for evening wear

Mmm.. I wanna smell it. I'm off to ebay to see if I can find the perfume cheaper...

Ok, so I have he BaV. (Hey, that rhymed.) We got the EDT version yesterday. I'm interested to hear others' opinions now. Honestly, it's not something I'd have ever bought for myself, not that I ever wear perfume anyway. My husband and I agree that it actually reminds us of something we'd have found on our grandmother's dressing table, lol. It's definitely floral, other hints that eventually turn to a vanilla-like scent, but nothing that wows me and nothing straight-out sexy like many reviews suggested. My mind says "grandma" instead of "sex in a bottle" (lol, sorry, Michael! ;)) Of course, this is all subjective because we all have different senses of smell, different body chemistry that reacts with perfumes and different memories that are aroused with particular scents. At least I don't smell in it the other weird things I read online, like panties or old elementary schools, lol.

The thing is, after I wore it yesterday I started to kind of miss it when it had worn off by evening and so I put more on, hehe. I wonder if it's something that grows on you over time.

I should be getting a little bottle of Black Orchid in a week or so. I suspect I might like it better, but I'll see when it arrives...

hey thanks for sharing but karen fake doesn't want her Personal facebook comments shared on our forum. Sorry, her comments are being removed. You have to get her approval to repost her stuff anywhere. It is like a law or something :D

Ok, so I have he BaV. (Hey, that rhymed.) We got the EDT version yesterday. I'm interested to hear others' opinions now. Honestly, it's not something I'd have ever bought for myself, not that I ever wear perfume anyway. My husband and I agree that it actually reminds us of something we'd have found on our grandmother's dressing table, lol. It's definitely floral, other hints that eventually turn to a vanilla-like scent, but nothing that wows me and nothing straight-out sexy like many reviews suggested. My mind says "grandma" instead of "sex in a bottle" (lol, sorry, Michael! ;)) Of course, this is all subjective because we all have different senses of smell, different body chemistry that reacts with perfumes and different memories that are aroused with particular scents. At least I don't smell in it the other weird things I read online, like panties or old elementary schools, lol.

The thing is, after I wore it yesterday I started to kind of miss it when it had worn off by evening and so I put more on, hehe. I wonder if it's something that grows on you over time.
uuuh maybe is adictive hehehehehe. Thanks for sharing. As I imagine, it can be said that it is a floral-sweet sent?
And you're right every single person get the sents really different.

For instance, I can´t stand the sent of L'Air Du Temps by Nina Ricci, I just can't for me is just horrible, but I see that many many people buy it.

Oh! That is pretty inexpensive... that might work. Thanks!

Yes, they have great prices, at least on fragrances. I couldn't find any place here in Mexico where they sell BAV :S

hey thanks for sharing but karen fake doesn't want her Personal facebook comments shared on our forum. Sorry, her comments are being removed. You have to get her approval to repost her stuff anywhere. It is like a law or something :D

But this post was created long before she asked not to share her comments until we ask her!!

sorry just doing as she asks *shrug*
yall can still chat about what you were chatting about. Her personal comments are deleted off the first post is all.

Oh I missunderstood :p I thought you were going to close the post, sorry my bad :D, and of course I respect that, she's been so nice

I think I'm gonna have to buy BAV :D :D

Keep my updated in what it smells like!

OK, so now I have ordered Bal A Versailles from Fragrancex.com
The EDT version though..but I dont usually wear stronger perfumes than EDT anyway. :) At least I will get the smell of Michael, and I can't wait to smell it!

Back