Bal à Versailles:MJ's favorite perfume.(By Karen Faye)

OMG! Are we weird??? Did we really all just buy perfume so we can smell like Mike? Did we really just do that???:lol:

Y'all don't really need an answer to that q, do ya? :shifty: Of bloody course we are, but weird is good people. Who gives an ish about what society, nowadays at least, defines as 'normal', right?

Enjoy the smell(s) people, even if they make ya feel like granma for a while. :rofl: Personally, Bal a Versailles didn't do that for me, i thought it had a nice floral accent, the musk could mos defly be felt; i basically liked it, a lottt :D

OMG, side note...thanks for the youtube link....Michael was so sweet to her (not that I'm surprised)...but so humble and sweet, and making sure she's ok....omg..I love him so much!

omg I hadn't seen that. wow. zomg he is so adorable. wow having that memory ... :wub:

I'm pretty sure the design houses of Jean Desprez for Bal a Versailles and Tom Ford for Black Orchids are scratching their heads why the sudden spike in consumer demand for these products? HEE HEE OWWWWWWW!!!

I'm pretty sure the design houses of Jean Desprez for Bal a Versailles and Tom Ford for Black Orchids are scratching their heads why the sudden spike in consumer demand for these products? HEE HEE OWWWWWWW!!!
:lmao: I've thought of this too.

Hey, I just realized I dreamt of my big bottle of BaV last night, lol! Whoa, I'd never have thought of it if it weren't for this thread popping up again ;) Yeah, I dreamt my BaV was almost empty and I was like :bugeyed nooooooo. Oh, and while I'm on the topics of dreams, MJ and perfume... I remembered recently that back in about 2007 I'd had a dream that was at MJ's hotel or home, but I wasn't sure exactly where. He wasn't there. It was like they were selling his belongings or something. I felt quite sad. There were several large bottles of perfume in the closet and someone gave one to me, like it was a gift from Michael (or I'd paid for it? Yes... that's it...I paid for it, and I remember it was pretty expensive, but I wanted it because it had belonged to Michael). I've never been into scents at all, so it was a weird memento to have. Hmmm.

Ahh, I would love to smell this perfume but I cant find it in the perfume stores. It's too expensive for me to just buy online, unfortunately. I hope it smells nice, for those of you who have it :yes:

^ Do you have an ebay account? You can sometimes get mini bottles for under 10 Euros.

^ Do you have an ebay account? You can sometimes get mini bottles for under 10 Euros.
I think I do have an ebay account but I am not sure how ebay works. I checked it out a couple of times but I don't really get it. :scratch:

Ahh, I would love to smell this perfume but I cant find it in the perfume stores. It's too expensive for me to just buy online, unfortunately. I hope it smells nice, for those of you who have it :yes:
Dutchie, I've bought it from this Dutch website: http://www.parfumerie.nl/index.php?the_cat=-1&_a=viewCat&searchStr=bal+a+versailles

I'm going to order Black Orchid now! I'm so curious what that smells like! :D

:lol:

I've got the Bal a V. perfume and it smells really really sweet..i actually find it magical to smell it and look at my MJ posters knowing he used to smell like that sometimes..

I just wish I could give him ahug and feel it myself instead of almost sniffing that damn perfume hahah

hey guys, i just got my sample of bav in the mail today. now it smells wonderful, but the box looks and reads slightly differently then the ones i've seen some of you buy. now maybe its because its just a mini sample.. or am i going crazy and thinking this is not genuine?

help!

^ It sure looks authentic. I'm wondering if that color package was made solely for the .08 fl. oz bottles? Hmmm.

I also wonder where Michael first came across this scent? Did he walk in somewhere where they sold perfume and tried out the tester for Bal a Versaille, and then walked around awhile to give the parfum a chance to mix with his own skin chemistry? I guess he found it to be a winner. Lucky individual that sold him his first bottle. :) That must have been fun.
Looks authentic to me as well. I read there aren't really reports of counterfit BaV. It's not soooo expensive compared to some others and an old scent that (prior to 2009, lol) wasn't hugely in demand. As for where he smelled it... Karen F. said she loved it and wore it and Michael also loved it when he first smelled it, and then she'd buy him bottles of it whenever she found some.

thanks you two :) ^ i'm wondering if this packaging was made solely for the .08 fl. oz. as well, i'm going to think yes lol

^ Yeah, but it was from her Facebook page and she requested it be removed from message boards. So her quotes are no longer in this thread.

I can only find the EDT version of BAV on ebay.. will keep looking.. would like the perfume version, is that what most of you have found?

Does black orchid still sell in stores? I am going to go see if it's in Myer here.

Thanks, I saw that. But as I mentioned in one of my previous posts, it's too expensive for me to buy online. I can't afford to buy it right now.

I wanted to smell it too and I emailed Skins Cosmetics and asked them for a sample. They send it to me.
So now I have a little bottle of the parfumeversion. Maybe an idea for you to mail them, if you really want to know how it smells?

I really like it. It's a bit strong, but it's nice on me. It's funny to read the grandma-reactions, cause the first thing I asked my mother was, Hasn't grandma had this parfume? :D
When my sample bottle is empty I'm gonna buy a real bottle.

I wanted to smell it too and I emailed Skins Cosmetics and asked them for a sample. They send it to me.
So now I have a little bottle of the parfumeversion. Maybe an idea for you to mail them, if you really want to know how it smells?

I really like it. It's a bit strong, but it's nice on me. It's funny to read the grandma-reactions, cause the first thing I asked my mother was, Hasn't grandma had this parfume? :D
When my sample bottle is empty I'm gonna buy a real bottle.

That's a great idea! What's the email address? I can't find it.

Edit: nevermind, I found it and emailed them. :)

^ I'm not sure what you mean either. Michael had nothing directly to do with this perfume. I mean he didn't promote it or have a contract with the company that makes it or anything like that. He just liked the scent and KF would buy it for him from time to time. I don't see why there would be any kind of special message, unless some ebay seller was doing that themselves ...? Don't know what you mean.

HELLOO! guys:

do u get a massage along with the perfume from :heart:Michael to his fans' when u order that Bal a V.

ur names are asked and written in the massage too?

Did you get a message?

I don't know why there would be a message from Michael, cause he didn't promote the perfume, he just loved it himself.
Or maybe I don't really understand what you mean.

yes a massage!!!!

not me.
one of friend's mom has bought the perfume from paris for her. she got a massage attached to it. it says something like this

this is my last gift to you, my beloved fan Yasamine (thats her name)

its so weird. i cant udnerstand it. as u said, i know :heart:Michael only loved the perfume. did not promote it. but the guys who sold it, has asked her name and surely has attached the massage.

i wonder if :heart:Michael had asked them! soooooooooo weird!

yes a massage!!!!

not me.
one of friend's mom has bought the perfume from paris for her. she got a massage attached to it. it says something like this

its so weird. i cant udnerstand it. as u said, i know :heart:Michael only loved the perfume. did not promote it. but the guys who sold it, has asked her name and surely has attached the massage.

I just think they knew about Michael loving the perfume and thought that fans of Michael would buy the perfume when they see its the perfume Michael likes, and especially when they put a card of him with it.
Don't think Michael asked them to.

Re: Bal Ã* Versailles:MJ's favorite perfume.(By Karen Faye)

yes a massage!!!!

not me.

hmmm...sounds like someone is just playing a sick joke on your friend's mom...

I received a sample in the mail yesterday. It made me cry a bit....it reminded me of the times I got near MJ and thought it was one of the fans that smelled like they had dumped an entire bottle of perfume on themselves! :lol:

Back