World Tour - More than a rumor this time?-Update post 159

Re: World Tour - More than a rumor this time?

Don't get me wrong, the o2 is a great arena, but don't you think MJ could still sell out Wembley? As much as his fanbase has decreased, I still feel so many people will want to see him because no matter what, he's going to perform his greatest hits.

Don't get me wrong, the o2 is a great arena, but don't you think MJ could still sell out Wembley? As much as his fanbase has decreased, I still feel so many people will want to see him because no matter what, he's going to perform his greatest hits.

the problem with places like wembley is that theyre too big.. NOT because he hasnt got enough fans, he DOES have enough fans... but because with a visually appealing show like Michaels.. the audience needs to SEE the performance. Within the O2 i have been told views are excellent... and back row of Wembley is IMPOSSIBLE to see the artist. That would be my reasoning behind O2.. also. its indoor, which means weather cannot effect it.

LOL maybe Suleman can be a stand in for Michael for Jermaine's long-awaited "Jackson 5 comeback tour".
Hopefully nobody will notice =]

And also being 50 this year, I don't think Michael would want to perform on such a large scale as Wembley. The O2 is just right.

Yeah I'm sure Michael knows what he's doing when picking a venue. Whenever I think of MJ concerts, I always think of Bucharest - in other words a huge outdoorsy stadium, but as Damien has said, smaller places have their perks. If Michael is planning something innovative from a visual perspective (and I can see an act like Signature being part of something like that) he would obviously want everyone to be able to see it. Also, I don't know if this is a worldwide trend (or even if it's relevant in Michael's case) but it seems to me that in recent times most artists go for the smaller venues.

:bounce: *excited*

I SO hope this turns out to be true! A tour seems like a longshot but I refuse to give up hope :praying

They had a conference call led by Michael's brother Jermaine during the show and he asked them to join Michael."

sorry but that kinda ruins it lol its so not believable especially coming from the people who are as scummy tabloid as u can get

That is why I feel it was a publicity stunt.

yeap.could have founda better paper than the people though

Last edited:

02 is simular size as the Madison Square Garden.. u would not be able to really tell the difference in the arena area..

(To give u a visual)

http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?newsid=1170057&pageid=0
MJ offers role in album to NRI boys
Sajeda Momin
Tuesday, June 10, 2008 03:42 IST

Astrologers, mediums, psychics, faith healers and gurus do thriving business in India and also in the UK among the large Asian community. But from last week, a new consumer protection law means that they have to publicise their services may be inaccurate, otherwise they can face unlimited fines or up to a two year prison sentence. Spiritualist services were part of a £40 million industry in 2006-7.

While most of these gurus are upset with the new laws they do not feel that it will affect their business. As long as they show clients a disclaimer that results are not guaranteed or 100 per cent accurate, they can carry on practising. It is the rationalists who are happy with the stricter laws. “It is time these so-called psychics are made accountable. They are equally responsible for proving what they charge their fees for and not prey on vulnerable Asians, who tend to be quite superstitious,” said Sachdev Virdee, secretary of the Asian Rationalist Society of Britain. However, this will not affect the mediums raking in the moolah as their genuine clients come to them out of faith which no disclaimer can take away.

Last week I wrote about Signature, the British Indian duo who came runner up in the reality show, Britain’s Got Talent with their mix of Michael Jackson moves and Bhangra. While the pair were commiserated for losing out of the £1,00,000 prize money to a 14-year-old break-dancer, their dreams have come true. They are finally getting a chance to work with Jackson himself. Suleman Mirza and Madhu Singh paid tribute to the pop legend with their dance item in the reality show and a few days later they were stunned to receive a phone call from their idol. “

We got a call from Michael’s brothers Tito and Jackie (both members of the famous group The Jackson Five), and his mum who in Devon at the moment” said an excited Mirza. “I thought it was a prank at first, but it was confirmed by his press people,” said the 29-year-old who has been obsessed with the king of pop since he was two-years-old. The Jacksons want Signature to work with them on Michael’s comeback album. “Whatever the role, it will be amazing to just meet and work with him,” said Mirza.

A controversial play highlighting the 1984 Sikh massacres premieres in the UK later this month. Dangalnama is a gripping account of sectarian rioting in India since the assassination of Indira Gandhi. Showing for seven performances — only this play directed by Prasad Varanase is part of London’s Lift Festival and will be staged at the Theatre Royal in Stratford East. The rare and special production is also the story of a younger generation making sense of their history. Through the voices of journalists, students, artists and politicians, Dangalnama presents survival stories that are in turn moving, shocking, thought provoking and surprisingly humourous.

Performed in five languages - Marathi, Hindi, Gujarati, Kannada and English — this eye-opening take on India’s recent past also sheds light on India today, and looks forward to a more unified future.

02 is simular size as the Madison Square Garden.. u would not be able to really tell the difference in the arena area..

(To give u a visual)

Its 20,000 seats isnt it. I think there a pic on the o2 website
Thanks for everyone that posted news
I would love to see him at the o2

Last edited:

Ahhh... but I am thinking of it the other way... that he has finished his album. :wild:

yea didnt he say something on the phone to the devon event "the album will be sooner much sooner than they thought" and then he laughed

Eternitys_Child said:
The Jacksons want Signature to work with them on Michael’s comeback album. “Whatever the role, it will be amazing to just meet and work with him,” said Mirza.

Hold on a second....work on his album? How can they do that? They don't sing. :mello:And first of all, it says the Jacksons want Signature to work with Michael, not that Michael wants them too. I don't think I believe this.

Last week I wrote about Signature, the British Indian duo who came runner up in the reality show, Britain’s Got Talent with their mix of Michael Jackson moves and Bhangra. While the pair were commiserated for losing out of the £1,00,000 prize money to a 14-year-old break-dancer, their dreams have come true. They are finally getting a chance to work with Jackson himself. Suleman Mirza and Madhu Singh paid tribute to the pop legend with their dance item in the reality show and a few days later they were stunned to receive a phone call from their idol.

We got a call from Michael’s brothers Tito and Jackie (both members of the famous group The Jackson Five), and his mum who in Devon at the moment” said an excited Mirza. “I thought it was a prank at first, but it was confirmed by his press people,” said the 29-year-old who has been obsessed with the king of pop since he was two-years-old. The Jacksons want Signature to work with them on Michael’s comeback album. “Whatever the role, it will be amazing to just meet and work with him,” said Mirza.
Sorry, but this article doesn't make sense to me.

One paragraph suggests they got a call from Michael (that, which has not been quoted by Suleman). The next paragraph explains the call he got from the family.....THAT doesn't mean the Who Is It singer has spoken to him.

Another thing, like someone previously mentioned, there's no way Suleman could be working on the album unless Mike has heard him on YouTube (and there are a few acapellas uploaded on there). It's possible that they (SIGNATURE) might be involved in something, but in my opinion, it can only be in Dance/Choreography.....not Music :)

(Unless Michael wants to turn his attention to Bhangra Music :lol: )

Last edited:
I think it would be cool for Michael to have Signature as part of his act. Even if it was for one song, add in a little Tigerstyle MJ/bhangra remix. Have Suleiman and Madhu do some of their dancing, MJ joins them, does some bhangra dancing himself. I think any audience would love it.
Er....well, I know I would..

I think it would be cool for Michael to have Signature as part of his act. Even if it was for one song, add in a little Tigerstyle MJ/bhangra remix. Have Suleiman and Madhu do some of their dancing, MJ joins them, does some bhangra dancing himself. I think any audience would love it.
Er....well, I know I would..

Lol that make too of us lol. It reminds me of the Black and White Video when Mj added his own little style to each dance. It certainly would be interesting. Whether he could keep up with their speed though.

Hi BPYTD...
he'd have no problem keeping up to their speed! :)
Bhangra is such an energizing dance...once you can get your shoulders to work properly, you're fine.

Datsymay,
Thanks for the youtube link of Jade in BigBrother last year. I remember watching that series. OMG - the video you posted brought back a lot of memories!

Sorry, but this article doesn't make sense to me.

One paragraph suggests they got a call from Michael (that, which has not been quoted by Suleman). The next paragraph explains the call he got from the family.....THAT doesn't mean the Who Is It singer has spoke to him.

Another thing, like someone previously mentioned, there's no way Suleman could be working on the album unless Mike has heard him on YouTube (and there are a few acapellas uploaded on there). It's possible that they (SIGNATURE) might be involved in something, but in my opinion, it can only be in Dance/Choreography.....not Music :)

(Unless Michael wants to turn his attention to Bhangra Music :lol: )

You are right. It doesn't. But if it does happen to be real we don't know which part is in error. It is like something is missing. If I had to guess based on the other references we have heard or seen of this, they have not spoken to Michael directly and the earlier report that Jermaine spoke to them was probably confusion between Jermaine and Tito or Jackie. People seem to do that a lot what with Jermaine's name being better known I think.

I think they would be on stage dancing with Michael a bit. Of course I am wildly speculating over something that sounds like fun.

The bit about the helping the Jackson's with Michael's comeback album... well I don't know what to make of that one so I am not going to make anything of it. Might just be more error in writing.

It certainly would be interesting. Whether he could keep up with their speed though.
Never underestimate Michael at anything he does on stage.

Usher did.....in 2001 at MSG (or it was all an act) :lol:

I'm sorry but Michael is too experienced in this business to know touring with that guy from Britans Got Talent is a stupid idea..

He's been in the business for nearly 40 years.. Has had the largest and most successful tours in history.. He knows what it takes to pull off a great tour. And that does not include people fallowing him on stage..

WAIT!!!! something just hit me.....

I don't think (if true) this guys roll would be what we automatically thought...

Both Dangerous and HIStory tour did have impersonators...

Thriller and Man In The Mirror had impersonators

So maybe that's the type of roll he would do..

Last edited:
Michael is faster then Sulaman.

Hi BPYTD...
he'd have no problem keeping up to their speed! :)
Bhangra is such an energizing dance...once you can get your shoulders to work properly, you're fine.

Never underestimate Michael at anything he does on stage.

Usher did.....in 2001 at MSG (or it was all an act) :lol:

Yeah but we havent seen him dance recently and by the time it happens he will probably be 50 so (and puuuuuuuuuuullllllllleeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaassssssssse nobody try to say at the fashion party he went to recently)
Maybe he can dance just as fast but it depends how long, because obviously hes not gonna have as much stamina as he had when he was young.

^ I think what I posted above u is the real purpose he may play in the tour..

IF ANY TRUTH to it..

MJ needs a stand-in durring the show.. at 2-3 parts..

1) Magic trick
2) As MJ with wolf mask durring THRILLER while MJ is preparing for the next performance
3) Man In The Mirror

Though he may not do the same song sets (Man in The Mirror and Thriller).. It's very possible that he could use him as a stand in for the same reason..

If it were the Dangerous tour, he would be the guy in the mask durring Thriller and the guy that fly's away at the end of the concert..

If it were HIStory, he would participate in the THRILLER portion and magic before Beat It..

just those parts.. Not actually as himself on stage..

Yeah but we havent seen him dance recently and by the time it happens he will probably be 50 so (and puuuuuuuuuuullllllllleeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaassssssssse nobody try to say at the fashion party he went to recently)
Maybe he can dance just as fast but it depends how long, because obviously hes not gonna have as much stamina as he had when he was young.

Well his stamina won't be as good as it once was, and neither will his speed. But I promise he's still faster then this kid. The difference is, Michael makes it clean and holds each pose long enough to be seen clearly.

Last edited:
^ I think what I posted above u is the real purpose he may play in the tour..

IF ANY TRUTH to it..

MJ needs a stand-in durring the show.. at 2-3 parts..

1) Magic trick
2) As MJ with wolf mask durring THRILLER while MJ is preparing for the next performance
3) Man In The Mirror

Though he may not do the same song sets (Man in The Mirror and Thriller).. It's very possible that he could use him as a stand in for the same reason..

If it were the Dangerous tour, he would be the guy in the mask durring Thriller and the guy that fly's away at the end of the concert..

If it were HIStory, he would participate in the THRILLER portion and magic before Beat It..

just those parts.. Not actually as himself on stage..
I see where you're coming from, but in hindsight, if you stand Michael and Suleman together, there's a huge difference in height and body size, so IMO it won't work. And anyway, Michael can hire any talented dancer for what you have mentioned above (just like he did in previous Tours). It will be a bit over-the-top if he hired Suleman for the role.

Oh, and one more thing.....Unlike HIStory Tour, I believe Michael was the man-behind-the-mask during 'Thriller' in the Dangerous Tour. I could be wrong :)

Last edited:
He might not be AS fast... and have AS much stamina.

But he will ALWAYS be able to pull off a GREAT show, GREAT performances, GREAT dancing..

It's not JUST speed and stamina when it comes to dance.. It's the way you allow the music to enter you and take over your body.. That can be FAST, Mid TEMPO, or SLOW..

Also there are always ways to catch your breath and take breaks while on stage as long as your creative about it.. Why do you really think MJ stops in the middle of his perfomance, and starts it back up.. Ya it takes that excitement higher, but he stands over the air, and catches his breath too.. ;) lol!

Why do you think HIStory tour's music was slower than DANGEROUS, because durring the DANGEROUS era he was at his PRIME in speed, and stamina..

He'll just have to set up the concert(s) in a way that allow him to catch his breath, and continue..

Why do you think the tours usually start off with 2 or so FAST songs, then slows it down.. Picks back up etc... Cuz he catches his breath..

Just orginize the performances in a way that he can mantain his energy, and spread it out evenly throughout the show..

Michael is not a 'LOSS' case.. lol!

He'll out perform, out dance any of these cats out today.. He has no1 else to challenge but himself..

He'll just have to put a little creative thought into how to spread out the performances, catch his breath etc.. Even a little longer intermissions.. U know, all that stuff will work for MICHAEL..

Michael is just about the fastest dancer I've ever seen. So him slowed down is still faster then anyone else. People are probably confused about how fast he actually is because while he's like lightening, every step he hits has perfect, clean lines and he holds it just long enough for it to be seen clearly before moving in to the next pose. He's like a God when it comes to dancing.

Back