Will you buy Michael Jackson's new album Michael

Will you buy Michael

• Yes

Votes: 386 78.5%
  • No

Votes: 106 21.5%

• Total voters
Who cares about Sony at this point. Do you think you are hurting them by not buying this album. They have hundreds other artists out there, they will make up the money they lose from this album in a second. Will they feel bad, will their legacy be torn apart, will the media fault them? No! it will all be the fault of MICHAEL JACKSON and how the world has forgotten him. Don't you think MICHAEL has endured enough in the hands of the media and the public?

A friendly reminder - Michael (estate) will also be profiting from this venture. His children, his charities, his mother will make money from this. He needs to retire his huge debt. If there is not enough money to do so, then the estate is going to be forced to sell his Sony catalog. All this projects help his estate make money.

So please think about MICHAEL JACKSON . :)

i totally agree with you.i'm definitely going to buy the album.
i feel sad that some fans out there are calling others not loving michael just because they want to buy the album. it's about michael jackson not sony.who cares about sony.

For the longest time I didn't want to buy the album. Now I just feel like I have to. I love MJ too much to not own a piece of his work. Maybe I'm selfish, but I need to have more MJ in my life and if that includes buying something from Sony, than I'll do it.

Plus, I want the booklet. I want to read the dedication and see the pics inside.

I will only buy one copy for my collection, but this time if any of my friends will ask me to burn them a copy, I"ll be happy to do that.. You know what, I might even share the full cd rip for other people to enjoy... Of course the only thing that keeps bothering me is to make people think MJ is not selling well.. I wish I could come up with a way to hurt only $ony and not Michael...

I don't get (and have never got) all the negativity towards this album.

Me neither. Sadly Michael is missing for the final touches, but it still will be his work, and as fan I am absolutely thrilled to be able to listen to anything new from Michael. We should celebrate!

Me neither. Sadly Michael is missing for the final touches, but it still will be his work, and as fan I am absolutely thrilled to be able to listen to anything new from Michael. We should celebrate!

Michael would have never release anything near this album. Michael Would never include songs that are 10 or 20 years old from older album sessions in a bran new studio album! I doubt if Hold my hand would have been included in a new album by Michael. He probably had given it to Akon for his own album... Breaking news might have been included but it would sound much different than that fake song we got from $ony...

I had a thought the other day. People are saying Michael would never release a demo or have unreleased tracks from 10, 20 years ago released.What about the ultimate collection released a few years ago, when of course, Michael was still with us. That had demos & old released tracks, it was official & Michael didn't kick up a fuss about it.Just something that crossed my mind. :)

I had a thought the other day. People are saying Michael would never release a demo or have unreleased tracks from 10, 20 years ago released.What about the ultimate collection released a few years ago, when of course, Michael was still with us. That had demos & old released tracks, it was official & Michael didn't kick up a fuss about it.Just something that crossed my mind. :)

the difference si that he knew what was in the ultimate collection

this time, he doesn't know what is on "michael"

he even doesn't know what has been done to his songs...(additional instru, additionnal vocals etc etc)

the difference si that he knew what was in the ultimate collection

this time, he doesn't know what is on "michael"

he even doesn't know what has been done to his songs...(additional instru, additionnal vocals etc etc)

Because he's dead.In case you didn't get the memo.How could he say yes or no? No one knows either way.Not you.Not me.Not anyone.

Because he's dead.In case you didn't get the memo.How could he say yes or no? No one knows either way.Not you.Not me.Not anyone.

he said "yes" to finalised tracks....but they aren't in "Michael"

why not releasing them ?

why releasing "breaking news" instead of "escape" or "a place with no name" ?

Last edited:
he said "yes" to finalised tracks....

why not releasing them ?

why releasing "breaking news" instead of "escape" or "a place with no name" ?

Listen we are going in circles here. We don't know what Michael would of wanted.

Do me a favour.Don't reply to any of my comments & i won't reply to yours.I have had it up to here with your arguments.

if somebody has the answer, please tell me :

why releasing the unfinished and bad "breaking news" instead of the finished and great "escape" or "a place with no name" ?

thanks

Loka, please write a letter to Sony asking these questions and when they reply, let us know. We can't tell you why they choose the tracks they did. We didn't work on the album, we are only fans.

Thanks.

Exactly, thanks ginvid.

As for the question, I just pre-ordered, so I guess the answer is yes. :)

No.

They are insulting his art and legacy with these songs not 100% MJ.

A perfectionnist like Mike, would never release songs like this ( no finish, shit remix.......)

Loka, please write a letter to Sony asking these questions and when they reply, let us know. We can't tell you why they choose the tracks they did. We didn't work on the album, we are only fans.

Thanks.

Ha Ha, I Love This^^. Thank you.

I wish you guys will stop banning Loka. She really cracks me up. Whenever I see her rants a smile comes over my face. I love Loka.

Perhaps the reason Sony left off 'Escape' and A place with no name' is because they came and read the comments on this forum a few months ago? Comments such as;

"They better not put 'Escape' or 'A place with no name' on the new album! We don't want tracks that have already been leaked on the internet! I'm not gonna buy the album if it's full of tracks we've heard!!"

Just a thought.

Well, hopefully they're reading now so that for the next album, they'll only release songs which aren't difficult for some of his fans to tell who's vocals they're listening to.

we've been playing the "Why not this track" game a bit too much about the album.. No matter what the tracklist was, theres always going to be.. "what about this one"..

Plus if I had lets say 100 songs of MJ and I favor 30 of them and had 10 albums to sell over time.. I am not going to put 10 of them on the first album I put together cuz it gives me less selling power for the other 10 albums I plan to release..

Now If I had 10 albums to release and 30 tracks that stand out of the munch.. I'd put 3 on each album.. At lease that way each one has great potential..

There's still more to come, they are a business and they are not going to give away all the gems off the bat. Be patient and we will get them

Well, hopefully they're reading now so that for the next album, they'll only release songs which aren't difficult for some of his fans to tell who's vocals they're listening to.

I'll be honest, if I were them, I would ignore the 1% of fanatics who frequent forums like us, and go with what they think is right. They should be thinking about the other 99% of the music buying public and what they might want - that's the best thing for Michael's long term sales and Legacy.

Afterall, if this forum is an indication of anything, most MJ fans only bitch about every little thing they do, so why bother to try and placate the minority when you can, perhaps, sell a lot more product by catering for the majority?

Deano:
If i'd know how, i would award You more than some points for Your statements.
I completely agree with Your opinion.
Parts of the fan community has become a bunch of selfish kindergarden babys!
"I want this!"
"I want that!"
"Why is this?"
"Why did they do it like that?"
"Why this song and not the other?"
"I want huge advertisment!"

Perhaps the reason Sony left off 'Escape' and A place with no name' is because they came and read the comments on this forum a few months ago? Comments such as;

"They better not put 'Escape' or 'A place with no name' on the new album! We don't want tracks that have already been leaked on the internet! I'm not gonna buy the album if it's full of tracks we've heard!!"

Just a thought.

I'll be honest, if I were them, I would ignore the 1% of fanatics who frequent forums like us, and go with what they think is right. They should be thinking about the other 99% of the music buying public and what they might want - that's the best thing for Michael's long term sales and Legacy.

Afterall, if this forum is an indication of anything, most MJ fans only bitch about every little thing they do, so why bother to try and placate the minority when you can, perhaps, sell a lot more product by catering for the majority?

THANKS SO MUCH! Here is still hope...

Would like to see some statistics backing up the claim that 99% of people will believe MJ is singing those tracks. I played Breaking News for a couple of people, who aren't really fans but are familiar with his work, without any mention of the tracks being fake. One thought it was him and the other said it sounded like a boy band, but not Michael Jackson.

Remember, many people truly and honestly believed Mamacita was an MJ song, and if it wasn't for websites strung about and lots of proof that it wasn't, I'm sure some would still think that. To this day people post on Youtube about how awesome MJ sounds on soundalike songs.

Back