Will.I.Am said Mike Wanted Autotune!!

I highly doubt that the reason Invincible was his least-popular album had anything to do with a few random instances of "auto-tun effect" on a few sparse tracks. What about the marketing of the album? The fact only two singles were released on disc, one months after the album came out? Only one televised music video that featured him? Sorry, I highly doubt auto-tune had anything to do with it.

I was gonna say.

Michael's voice is a ten out of ten. There's nothing to worry about and people who know how good a singer Michael is know that he wouldn't be using such a program because he needed to, but simply because he wanted to.

he's gonna buy us a draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaank! he's got money in da baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaank.....and perhaps a grey cadillac! oooooooooh ooooooooooh ooooooooooh haha

Well, maybe Autotune is also the name of a car repair place, and MJ was talking about where he wanted to get his ride fixed...

Sorry.

:smilerolleyes:

Michael can't drive.

Well, he isn't a good driver to be honest. Bumping into rear ends of cars and such. LOL. That is another subject.

With this autotune business - I am glad that MJ experimented and decided not to use it. Why should he? He is a singer a vocalist, he doesn't need enhancement. He just needs to sing it. T-Pain should stick to the autotune mess or whatever he uses that he doesn't know anythinga bout. It seems like he cannot sing for a lick.

It is percieved that when an artist keeps using or in T-Pain's case, abusing, auto tune, that they cannot sing. Until I actually hear T-Pain sing, I am going to assume that he uses autotune or whatever because he can't sing.

MJ had did something like that previous on "this time around" on background vocals and he sounds computer generated a bit on "She drives me wild" in the chorus. but not for a whole song or album naw.

I highly doubt that the reason Invincible was his least-popular album had anything to do with a few random instances of "auto-tun effect" on a few sparse tracks. What about the marketing of the album? The fact only two singles were released on disc, one months after the album came out? Only one televised music video that featured him? Sorry, I highly doubt auto-tune had anything to do with it.

Well, I don't know if it was Autotune or not; I am not the one who said it was. Whatever it was, there were a lot of effects used. I'm not talking about how many albums were sold though, I am actually referring to the fact that not as many people liked it once they did hear it. I like some of the songs on there, but it is definitely my least favorite of all his albums. It is not very popular like some of his other ones, and it's possible that is because he used too many effects on it. That is what I meant.

It sounds as though he does not even want to use Autotune, so that isn't even an issue anymore then. I guess we're just all talking about it because there's nothing else to talk about, lol.

I just hope I won't use it, I can't stand autotune and vocoder, I so much miss pure voice!

Mike actually used a vocoder (or was it Rodney) for "Invincible".
and on Dangerous, and even on Thriller (P.Y.T.).

Mike has used all sorts of effects and processes (vocal and others) throughout his career.

Someone post a source of this information? Tracked back through the pages and I can't see shiznit.. fankyoooo :)

there is no source _ except a friend of a friend said >>> Will. i. am said
take it for what it is worth

Mike has used all sorts of effects and processes (vocal and others) throughout his career.

of course he has - he and the producers used all the tools of the trade
and created great beats sounds and effects doing it ..

there is no source _ except a friend of a friend said >>> Will. i. am said
take it for what it is worth
well you don't really need confirmation to tell you that Mike must have experimented with a studio standard like the Auto-Tune plugin if he's been working in a studio recently. he's always hands-on in this area.

James Ingram used it (talk box), not Mike, LOL!

Matter of fact, I think Greg Phillinganes used the talk box on The Jacksons' "Wondering Who".

The vocoder and talk box are not the same as Autotune though.

But anyway he ain't doing it so... lol... maybe he'll use the vocoder tho, lol.

James Ingram used it (talk box), not Mike, LOL!.
it was Mike Bodicker who used the vocoder on P.Y.T. (not talk box). i know MJ didn't use it himself lol but i mean he used it as in included these stuff on his material - same with Dangerous tracks - it was Riley doing the subtle vocoder fx tracks (nothing prominent there though).

The vocoder and talk box are not the same as Autotune though
well the vocoder isn't the same as the talk-box, either. but that digital pitch effect from processors like Auto-Tune will still be in the same category as the other two.

lol would love to see mike drive....it would be very intereseing i bet!

lol would love to see mike drive....it would be very intereseing i bet!
I know me too! :lol:
I think he drove a bit in the lil' golf cart thingy in the Oprah Interview, when they were outside. :lol: But er.. yea that's not a car.. but close enough. :hysterical:

I know me too! :lol:
I think he drove a bit in the lil' golf cart thingy in the Oprah Interview, when they were outside. :lol: But er.. yea that's not a car.. but close enough. :hysterical:

He drove in LWMJ. The little cars...

oh that right..he did too!
i totally forgot bout that lol

Man, Michael can drive. Come on, ya'll should know that. He even supposedly got pulled over by a cop once when he was in his early 20s, driving around in her Rolls Royce and the dumb ass cop didn't believe he was really Michael Jackson and arrested him for suspision of auto theft. Racist mofo.

^^ Never heard about that but I read somewhere he was beaten up by some racist suspecting him of theft in a shop. Anyone knows the story?

He met the Chandlers when his car broke down. He was driving alone, not being chauffeured.

Back