Who is the Queen of Pop?

I think Madonna is the queen of Pop because she is a smart businesswoman , she always readapts her songs with the current tendencies .

But here is the problems , musicaly speaking she knows how to entertain people YES but she is not took seriously by the music industry and i have noticed something :

When you people say she has had a HUGE impact on the music industry , i realy wonder what you mean ?

I mean michael have a a bunch of wannabes , when some of them sing or dance we can notice (us and the non-fans ) that they want to imitate michael , imitate his voice , his singing the way he dances that is what we call : INSPIRATION (or copy like you want ) .

But where are the artists of the new generations who are inpired musicaly speaking by Madonna ??? i mean i dont nobody in the music industry claiming they are inspired by Madonna , yes they say she is great etc... but where are the inspirations , where are the obvious wannabes , people claiming coming from Madonna lines , like Christ Brown claims coming from michael , or genuine , justin , Usher , and abunch of other today's artists ?

I mean i dont see Madonna in Britney Spears at all , nor in Alguilera , nor in Beeyonce , nor in amy Whinehouse nor in nobody included men .

When Madonna will die who are the artists who will continue her legacy ? i mean there is no problem with michael but Madonna .....

Yea I feel you. Now if we were to JUST ONLY give that title to Madonna because she is a smart business woman than yea she gets it BUT the Queen of Pop is more than just being a "smart business woman".
Lets face it and Im just being real. Madonna is overrated point blank. Yea she adapts to the current trends, music etc but she hasnt contributed anything to the music industry. She hasn't done anything innovative and she never had much of a singing voice. Madonna is respected because she did what she had to do to stay on top. She played the game and she did things to get people to watch her. She has some "ok radio music" if your not into quality music but I don't take her seriously. She definitly isn't no where in MJ's league or category. The people that you have influenced don't make you any less of an artist because on the flip side you could have influenced some crappy artists. I think thats what happened with MJ. MJ is/was very influential but all the artists that he has inspired are all crap, JUST being real. They are not REAL artists and they haven't stepped out of that imitating area. When MJ was young he imitated to, thats natural because thats how you learn. He took that and he did his OWN thing. He became INNOVATIVE which is what these artists out now fail to be. How the music industry is now I think the artists will never create a new legacy or a new coming of legends. MJ was the last great legend. ALL the artists out now are just dry washed up versions of great acts. They try to stay safe and repeat the same thing thats already been done. The music and lyrics are terrrible. The performances are dry. Music just sucks now.

Yea I feel you. Now if we were to JUST ONLY give that title to Madonna because she is a smart business woman than yea she gets it BUT the Queen of Pop is more than just being a "smart business woman".
Lets face it and Im just being real. Madonna is overrated point blank. Yea she adapts to the current trends, music etc but she hasnt contributed anything to the music industry. She hasn't done anything innovative and she never had much of a singing voice. Madonna is respected because she did what she had to do to stay on top. She played the game and she did things to get people to watch her. She has some "ok radio music" if your not into quality music but I don't take her seriously. She definitly isn't no where in MJ's league or category. The people that you have influenced don't make you any less of an artist because on the flip side you could have influenced some crappy artists. I think thats what happened with MJ. MJ is/was very influential but all the artists that he has inspired are all crap, JUST being real. They are not REAL artists and they haven't stepped out of that imitating area. When MJ was young he imitated to, thats natural because thats how you learn. He took that and he did his OWN thing. He became INNOVATIVE which is what these artists out now fail to be. How the music industry is now I think the artists will never create a new legacy or a new coming of legends. MJ was the last great legend. ALL the artists out now are just dry washed up versions of great acts. They try to stay safe and repeat the same thing thats already been done. The music and lyrics are terrrible. The performances are dry. Music just sucks now.

Very well said! Thanks :)

I respect your opinion but I couldn't disagree more. Just the wording shows an obvious dislike towards her. For instance, she has ok music so long as you don't care about quality? Come on. I knew your intentions right then and there. Madonna is a legend with spectacular music, videos, and stage performances. She's an artist in every sense of the word. As much as we respect Michael for his artistry, as do I her. There is so much more to Madonna than meets the eye. I don't know why it's so hard to comprehend for some. Sure, not everyone has to love her as I do, but we also don't have to go out of our way to discredit someone we obviously have distaste for. Madonna has college courses based on her, so I'm definitely not worried about her place in history.

Last edited:
I respect your opinion but I couldn't disagree more. Just the wording shows an obvious dislike towards her. For instance, she has ok music so long as you don't care about quality? Come on. I knew your intentions right then and there. Madonna is a legend with spectacular music, videos, and stage performances. She's an artist in every sense of the word. As much as we respect Michael for his artistry, as do I her. There is so much more to Madonna than meets the eye. I don't know why it's so hard to comprehend for some. Sure, not everyone has to love her as I do, but we also don't have to go out of our way to discredit someone we obviously have distaste for. Madonna has college courses based on her, so I'm definitely not worried about her place in history.

Thats your opinion , its not about dissing her here we are debating , i think a true artist who has had a very deep impact on music obviously had influenced a new generation , you cannot deny that its very strange that Madonna didnt influence nobody , i dont see no feminin artist claiming being inspired by her if you know one ,please let us know .

i beg to differ , Genuine is not a crappy artist on the contrary .

I think there is a bunch of MJ wannabees or people deeply inspired by michael that we dont know , a lot of them make very good music particulary the ones who are in the soul area .

Last edited:
I see later Britney as trying to copy Madonna or at least being influenced. Is it on the range of Michael's influence? No. Mike's beyond Madonna in so many was and she even was inspired by him and has said so. I base my opinion on being a child born in the late 70's, watching the classic MTV years and seeing how Madonna has evolved and is still as fresh today as she was in 1985. Hell, I remember when Cyndi Lauper was sooooo much bigger than Madonna!

It all boils down to this. Madonna has earned the title Her MADGEesty for a reason....we're still talking about her.

-D

We are still talking about her thats why i say she is the Queen Pop because she knows how to readapt her songs and to fit with the current tendencies .

But you see Madonna in Britney ? sorry but i dont see it all , or we realy have to watch britney nearer .
Madonna is great but face it , her impat on the Pop culture is a total illusion , people believe that because of the hype around her , but at the end when you attentively watch the things , you notice very quickily that Madonna has influenced nobody , and therefore the " she has had a deep impact on the Pop culture" is totaly false .

We are still talking about her thats why i say she is the Queen Pop because she knows how to readapt her songs and to fit with the current tendencies .

But you see Madonna in Britney ? sorry but i dont see it all , or we realy have to watch britney nearer .
Madonna is great but face it , her impat on the Pop culture is a total illusion , people believe that because of the hype around her , but at the end when you attentively watch the things , you notice very quickily that Madonna has influenced nobody , and therefore the " she has had a deep impact on the Pop culture" is totaly false .

Sounds like you're trying to convince yourself. Many many artists have claimed inspiration by Madonna. From Britney, Christina, to Geri Halliwell and even Kylie Minogue. Madonna has done it all and continues to inspire fellow artists and fans the world around. She's much more talented than anyone [especially here] will ever give her credit for.

Last edited:
Sounds like you're trying to convince yourself. Many many artists have claimed inspiration by Madonna. From Britney, Christina, to Geri Halliwell and even Kylie Minogue. Madonna has done it all and continues to inspire fellow artists and fans the world around. She's much more talented than anyone [especially here] will ever give her credit for.

I dont try to convince myself since i am already convinced .

Madonna has not inspired nobody and thats a fact , Kyllie Minogue ??? are you kidding ??
I dont see Madonna on other artists like i see michael on a lot of artists or the Beatles on OASIS , BLUR etc... i cannot be more explicit , euh... only the truth ...

I don't know who is the Queen...But the Prince and Princess of Pop I know!!!\o/

Princes of Pop _ Prince Michael Jackson I and Prince Michael Jackson II

Princess of Pop_ Paris Katherine Jackson

Yesssssssssss!!!!

I don't know who is the Queen...But the Prince and Princess of Pop I know!!!\o/

Princes of Pop _ Prince Michael Jackson I and Prince Michael Jackson II

Princess of Pop_ Paris Katherine Jackson

Yesssssssssss!!!!

That was cute. :p

LOL Like I said I'm just keeping it real and I did give Madonna her credit. OF COURSE your going to feel that way because you are a fan of her but you need to understand just because someone dissagrees doesn't mean they are "hating"/ "dissing". I'm just stating the facts and the fact of the matter is whether you want to accept it, whether you don't want to believe it, Madonna hasn't contributed anything in music. She is far from original and has made no innovations. The ONLY reason why she is where is now is because she was controversy, she is a smart business woman, she had the right songwriters and producers to make her music for her, she reinvented herself with the times period. I don't consider Madonna a legend and I defintly wouldn't put her in the same category as I would put legends like Stevie Wonder and Marvin Gaye. I do find some of her older music catchy BUT thats it. I don't take it seriously.
Like I said once again, I gave Madonna the credit she deserves and I think you need to step out of your fandom and look at both sides instead of what YOU what to believe or feel because not everyone is going to feel that way or has to.

Madonna has college courses about her and....? Of course she is going to be apart of that because she is pop culture along with MJ and prince. That DOESNT make her anymore of an artist or better though.

I dont try to convince myself since i am already convinced .

Madonna has not inspired nobody and thats a fact , Kyllie Minogue ??? are you kidding ??
I dont see Madonna on other artists like i see michael on a lot of artists or the Beatles on OASIS , BLUR etc... i cannot be more explicit , euh... only the truth ...

Fact? Ha! Don't kid yourself cuz no one is laughing with you. I admit I have bias towards Madonna [fan] but yours has made you blind. Everyone just wants their personal faves to be the Queen regardless of "facts". Madonna has everything and then some to be called the Queen of Pop. Artistry, album sales, global impact.... she's an active living legend. This friendly debate doesn't even really matter since the title has already been bestowed upon her.

i beg to differ , Genuine is not a crappy artist on the contrary .

I think there is a bunch of MJ wannabees or people deeply inspired by michael that we dont know , a lot of them make very good music particulary the ones who are in the soul area .

Not being a smart ass but did you read my whole comment or just half of it?

I love me some ginuwine and I feel the best music is from the 90s. That is what modern r&b is suppose to sound like, that being said there still haven't been any artists over the last 20 years that has made innovations in music period (including ginuwine).

It is clearly obvious that the only Queen of Pop is Madonna. That is just how it is. Its as clear as Michael Jackson is the King of Pop. It is a self proclaimed title they both have, and fans alike refer to their idols using those titles.

Arguments over who is the Queen of Pop are as fickle as debating who is the King of Pop. Both influenced today's artists, both are the most successful male and female solo artists, I don't see any grounds to debate this fact?

I am not a fan of every Madonna song, but I know her music exists, I know how successful, talented and influential she is to young female (and male) artists, which is evident in performers such as Kylie and Britney, what else does she need to do to claim the title of the Queen of Pop?

Last edited:
LOL Like I said I'm just keeping it real and I did give Madonna her credit. OF COURSE your going to feel that way because you are a fan of her but you need to understand just because someone dissagrees doesn't mean they are "hating"/ "dissing". I'm just stating the facts and the fact of the matter is whether you want to accept it, whether you don't want to believe it, Madonna hasn't contributed anything in music. She is far from original and has made no innovations. The ONLY reason why she is where is now is because she was controversy, she is a smart business woman, she had the right songwriters and producers to make her music for her, she reinvented herself with the times period. I don't consider Madonna a legend and I defintly wouldn't put her in the same category as I would put legends like Stevie Wonder and Marvin Gaye. I do find some of her older music catchy BUT thats it. I don't take it seriously.
Like I said once again, I gave Madonna the credit she deserves and I think you need to step out of your fandom and look at both sides instead of what YOU what to believe or feel because not everyone is going to feel that way or has to.

Madonna has college courses about her and....? Of course she is going to be apart of that because she is pop culture along with MJ and prince. That DOESNT make her anymore of an artist or better though.

Everyone can stop with the abuse of the word "fact". Your facts are nothing but glorified opinions. Learn the difference. Yes, I'm a Madonna fan but that doesn't make me blind. Madonna IS the Queen of Pop. Ain't even a real debate. Now there's fact for ya.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madonna_(entertainer)

Last edited:
Everyone can stop with the abuse of the word "fact". Your facts are nothing but glorified opinions. Learn the difference. Yes, I'm a Madonna fan but that doesn't make me blind. I'm done with this topic. Madonna IS the Queen of Pop. Ain't even a real debate. Now there's fact for ya.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madonna_(entertainer)

I'm done to and I say who gives a ish about what wikipedia says. People call Justin Timberlake the "new King Of Pop" People call Chris Brown "the new King Of Pop" we all know thats bullish. Titles don't mean a damn thing at the end of the day because its not about titles. Its about what you have contributed to music which Madonna has not. I'm through.

I'm done to and I say who gives a ish about what wikipedia says. People call Justin Timberlake the "new King Of Pop" People call Chris Brown "the new King Of Pop" we all know thats bullish. Titles don't mean a damn thing at the end of the day because its not about titles. Its about what you have contributed to music which Madonna has not. I'm through.

There. That's better. :D

P.S. You're right. Titles don't mean anything and so that's why you shouldn't have been arguing the obvious in the first place. Nor should you or anyone else ever get upset if the media falsely claims some newbie as the King. ;)

Last edited:
In my opinion there are no Queen of Pop.

And I can explain. Why I believe this?

1. If a women is called Queen of Pop, she must be the wife of King of Pop.
2. The King of Pop is Michael Joseph Jackson. (the singer)
3. The Queen of Pop must have this name : "She's name + Joseph Jackson"
4. MJJ has no wife as I know.
5. So, there are no Queen of Pop.

But I guess we must to ask MJJ this question, to tell us about who will be or who was the Queen of Pop. Truly. I guess he knows the truth, and we can not find it till he tell us the story. About Queen of Pop. Because he put all the things together and has invented the POP MUSIC - like Lee Jun Fan has invented the Jeet Kune Do - but this is another discussion

And even if we talk just about pop music, I see nothing that just women that they are trying to became a Queen of Pop. If a women want to became Queen of Pop, she must reinvent the POP MUSIC in she's own way. I am doubt that we'll see it in the future. This case is if she is not the wife of MJJ. Is she is, than is all done.

"Be like water my brother" - 李小龍

In my opinion there are no Queen of Pop.

And I can explain. Why I believe this?

1. If a women is called Queen of Pop, she must be the wife of King of Pop.
2. The King of Pop is Michael Joseph Jackson. (the singer)
3. The Queen of Pop must have this name : "She's name + Joseph Jackson"
4. MJJ has no wife as I know.
5. So, there are no Queen of Pop.

But I guess we must to ask MJJ this question, to tell us about who will be or who was the Queen of Pop. Truly. I guess he knows the truth, and we can not find it till he tell us the story. About Queen of Pop. Because he put all the things together and has invented the POP MUSIC - like Lee Jun Fan has invented the Jeet Kune Do - but this is another discussion

And even if we talk just about pop music, I see nothing that just women that they are trying to became a Queen of Pop. If a women want to became Queen of Pop, she must reinvent the POP MUSIC in she's own way. I am doubt that we'll see it in the future. This case is if she is not the wife of MJJ. Is she is, than is all done.

"Be like water my brother" - 李小龍

i love it the way you say it :cool: so :cool:

i agree on this :lol: just makes me laught when i'm read it twice :lol: is cute the way you say it

maybe i'm the QUEEN OF POP for MJ TeeHee :giggle: :lol:

i love your idea on this :giggle:

i love it the way you say it :cool: so :cool:

i agree on this :lol: just makes me laught when i'm read it twice :lol: is cute the way you say it

maybe i'm the QUEEN OF POP for MJ TeeHee :giggle: :lol:

i love your idea on this :giggle:

Should I took this as a good or as a bad thing?

If is good one, than 10X.
If is a bad one than don't shut on me.

Last edited:
we all know madonna is the qop.
I know this thing to.
But if she really is, we never find out.

In my opinion, we'll never see a Queen of Pop.
Even if we say that "she or she is the Queen of Pop"
We are not by that level to appreciate , just MJJ is.
We are not able to say that "she or she is one of the Queen of Pop"
We all have just an opinion, that's all that we can have.
And this question can be answered just by MJJ.

I had have listened all from Madonna, I appreciate Madonna to, she have some songs that in the public are not listenen, but they are very good.
But I am sorry that I can not say that she is there, in the top, where a Queen must be.

I guess you all understand that we have just a King of Pop, but not a Queen of Pop.
And this forum is talking about MJJ and not about MC, M, CD or BS.

So, why you need a Queen of Pop, what is good in this thing?
How you categorizes a Queen of Pop, how you can say she is one of the Queens?

come on i alright told you all i'm :yes: QUEEN OF POP :yes: is true i startin calling that myself when i was in high school cause i all the time wear sparkles on my eyes :yes: is true so that's when i startin calling myself QUEEN OF POP i also have sparkle hat i keep in red box so there know you know who is QUEEN OF POP :yes:

I know I am gonna get people disagreeing, but this in my opinion..I have to agree with people who said Diana Ross is.. but thats my thoughts. everyone here has different opinions, which is good :)

Last edited:
Back