Who is the Queen of Pop?

Tina Turner isn't really what I consider pop. Madonna is pop through and through. As great as Tina is, she [and really no one else] is anywhere near as consistent as Madonna.

Last edited:
Tina Turner! She really deserved that title.

Tina is often referred to as the "Queen of Rock 'n' Roll", she's not really a pop artist like Madonna is. I don't really see though how people can question Madonna being the Queen of Pop. It doesn't matter if you like her or not, but she's more than earned that title.

Who is madonna?......lol jp..idk honestly. But the princess of pop is...Rhianna lol some may say brittany...but rhianna haha

I would choose either Celine Dion or Diana Ross based on my own preferences, but based on earning the title by record sales and staying relevant in the music industry, I don't think anyone really can be called the queen except madonna.

Jona, did u hear about the similarity between Miles Away and Midnight Fantasy of Posh? What u think about it? I dont know what to think :( Miles Away is amazing :(

Jona, did u hear about the similarity between Miles Away and Midnight Fantasy of Posh? What u think about it? I dont know what to think :( Miles Away is amazing :(

Yeah. There is a similarity but nothing too drastic. It's bound to happen when working with Timbaland [Timbo did both songs].

Tina Turner! She really deserved that title.
huntxu3.jpg

She's the queen of rock music.

Last edited by a moderator:
Madonna is more known worldwide I think and has been around longer, but I still say Mariah Carey is the Queen of Pop, she has made a terrific comeback the past few years and there seems to be nothing that is slowing her down right now.

I would say Madonna for sure...even though I personally don't think shes that much of a singer (her vocals are so average)...but she has been a around for very long time (and has a strong global presence)...and nearly all her songs are catchy/have been hits..she is adapatable and a brilliant business mind..

I would personally prefer janet or mariah to be the queen of the pop though :)

Last edited:
I most definitely would say Madonna, she's just gone over the top with everything and was good at it. She didn't stick to restrictions and that's what made her accomplish all the success she has now.
She's achieved so much as an artist and is most definitely the Queen of Pop in my opinion.

Although I prefer Janet Jackson to be the queen of pop, though. She's achieved so much too.
I think Janet should be the Queen of RnB.

I believe the title “KING OF POP” is already sealed for Michael Jackson and IMO no one (sooner or later) can be entitled for this title {{NO ONE}} and MJ have already made it too hard for female artist to even approach the title Queen of Pop, it is very hard the criteria is extremely difficult, they have to touch what Michael have achieved over the years.

Madonna is very impressive, I consider myself one of her fans, she have maintained her self over the years and now almost 50 years old and still she looks stunning! Her songs are very successful however I believe she is more successful as an actress, she is more talented in this area. Female artists such as Janet, Céline Dion, etc… are impressive but IMO Mariah Carey she is on her way to be the Queen of Pop.

however I believe she is more successful as an actress, she is more talented in this area.
I'm a Madonna fan, but nobody likes her movies except Desperately Seeking Susan, and maybe Who's That Girl and Evita. Or maybe a movie where she's herself like Truth Or Dare. Elvis movies are probably taken more seriously than Madonna's.

I'm a Madonna fan, but nobody likes her movies except Desperately Seeking Susan, and maybe Who's That Girl and Evita. Or maybe a movie where she's herself like Truth Or Dare. Elvis movies are probably taken more seriously than Madonna's.

The only Madonna films to garner critical acclaim are Desperately Seeking Susan and Evita [she won a Golden Globe]. Outside of those, her movies are panned before they are ever actually seen.

The only Madonna films to garner critical acclaim are Desperately Seeking Susan and Evita [she won a Golden Globe]. Outside of those, her movies are panned before they are ever actually seen.
I've never seen any of them, except the 1st 2 she made, Truth or Dare, & Bloodhounds Of Broadway. Unless "Girl 6" and "Die Another Day" count. I have A Certain Sacrifice in a box somewhere, lol.

however I believe she is more successful as an actress, she is more talented in this area.
Hm, I'd beg to differ on that :lol:

Hm, I'd beg to differ on that :lol:

I should’ve been clearer, I want to say that she can be more successful as an actress as she develops because she won awards and got recognition so she is not bad as an actress however it could be much better IMO if she put more focus in acting, that doesn’t mean she is not successful as a singer (massive success) but I believe she can be more successful as an actress provided she gets the right roles and movies fitting for her, this is just my opinion. Still overall I like her music but not as good as other female singers, not dominating and innovative like MJ, thus she doesn’t hold the title as Queen of pop IMO.

but mariah carey has had 18 no'1 singles - you cant go against it, she's the queen, sh has the best female voice of all time,

next to whitney houston

Yes, Mariah's had 18 #1's but whose hits are more memorable? Whose career, image, concerts [etc] are truly legendary? Madonna's had more top 10's than any other artist, period. Including Elvis. Plus, Madonna's sold worldwide nearly double what Mariah has. Mariah's audience is mainly in the US. She doesn't fair that well overseas. Albums and single sales wise, Madonna is approaching 300 million [250-275 million depending on the source].

Last edited:
Yes, Mariah's had 18 #1's but whose hits are more memorable? Whose career, image, concerts [etc] are truly legendary? Madonna's had more top 10's than any other artist, period. Including Elvis. Plus, Madonna's sold worldwide nearly double what Mariah has. Mariah's audience is mainly in the US. She doesn't fair that well overseas. Albums and single sales wise, Madonna is approaching 300 million [250-275 million depending on the source].

273 millions seems to be accurate :yes:
I love both, but when it comes to title (not that I like those titles :lol:), it's definitely Madonna :yes: Talent wise, it's debatable. But influence wise, Madonna's the biggest female singer/entertainer.. ever IMO.

Last edited:
Yes I love her voice, she is truly talented and she is young, I believe she is on her way to claim the title. She is my favorite female artist :)
Mariah is good, but she's not as good as other singers like Aretha Franklin, Chaka Khan, or Gladys Knight. Minnie Riperton can do the high notes better. That's where Mariah got that from anyway.

Back