Who is the Queen of Pop?

If u want to get technical.. There is not a 'queen of pop'..

Titles like 'The King' 'The Queen' in the entertainment industry are built for PR etc..

No one used 'Queen Of Pop' so there is not one..

o.k it's me

i have been calling myself QUEEN OF POP for along time the sametime i was in high school and i'm still the QUEEN OF POP

here is the picture of me as QUEEN OF POP
QUEENOFPOP2.png

come on
stop laughting is true :yes:

i have special hats and i keep it in red box

one red box say Rockstar and other red box say Queen of pop and i have special hats and when i get my dream come true to be a singer then i'll show you my hats

not know

I don't believe there's been a female artist out there that's deserving of the title.

Ditto.

I mean Mariah Carey would come closest out of anyone. She's always pumping out the pop hits back to back to back.

Madonna is (was) the Queen of fashion trends.

I think if there was such a title, it would probably have to go to Cher. She's been around much longer than even Madonna and has sold over a hundred million records, worldwide {I think}.

i think i'm QUEEN OF POP cause i call myself that when i was in high school and anyone saw me walking down the hallway they say hi queen of pop is true
i have cool hat i wear :yes:

Most ppl agree nd notice that its Madonna...if it were my choice..i would say Janet (or at least shes the "black" Queen of Pop) lol..not that royalty is or is supposed to be racially divdided..but if Janet isnt THE queen then shes OUR queen

Ditto.

I mean Mariah Carey would come closest out of anyone. She's always pumping out the pop hits back to back to back.

Madonna is (was) the Queen of fashion trends.

I agree.

I believe Michael is the “King” because he changed the face of music. There isn’t a female artist who has done that. Therefore it is much agreed that the title “Queen of Pop” is always disputed between many female artists, there isn’t anyone who is distinguished in a way that the title is secured without arguments. I always hear people argue about it but no one have any doubt that MJ is the King amongst male artists of all time.

I also believe that Mariah Carey is on her way to earn this title but not close, and I think Madonna is appreciated to be still around making music, there are many artists who disappeared such as Whitney Houston, but Madonna is still around despite the ups and downs, but that doesn’t make her a Queen IMO.

Last edited:
Madonna has always had the title. But Cher is another person who I think deserves that title. Many say Kylie Minogue is Queen of Pop, I DON'T THINK SO!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
i think i'm QUEEN OF POP cause i call myself that when i was in high school and anyone saw me walking down the hallway they say hi queen of pop is true
i have cool hat i wear :yes:

What makes you the Queen of Pop other than having cool hats, and people calling you that in highschool? Have you had multiple #1 albums? are you known globally? have you pioneered the music industry?

:smilerolleyes:

MTV recently referred to Madonna as "the queen of pop" or "pop queen" on trl when they did a news coverage of her and her new album

I agree.

I believe Michael is the “King” because he changed the face of music. There isn’t a female artist who has done that. Therefore it is much agreed that the title “Queen of Pop” is always disputed between many female artists, there isn’t anyone who is distinguished in a way that the title is secured without arguments. I always hear people argue about it but no one have any doubt that MJ is the King amongst male artists of all time.

I also believe that Mariah Carey is on her way to earn this title but not close, and I think Madonna is appreciated to be still around making music, there are many artists who disappeared such as Whitney Houston, but Madonna is still around despite the ups and downs, but that doesn’t make her a Queen IMO.

actually i believe there are a number of females who have changed the face of music in certain areas.
...madonna has changed it and inspired it for the britneys, christinas, pinks, etc...
whitney has done it for the beyonces, jennifer hudsons, christinas, keyshias, even marys
janet has done it for the ciaras, aaliyahs, myas, etc...
so i think several ladies are the "queen" in their own rights

Janet. She has done more than Madonna, she's done a lot more than a lot of artist.

I love Diana and she most certainly deserves huge props. I think Madonna is the true Queen of Pop. She best fits the description. Almost 30 years in the game and she is still on top of the charts and has had such a historic career that has impacted the globe over. There will never be another Madonna.

Mariah Carey. She is the biggest selling artist of the 1990's and hasn't stopped since then. No one has more #1 hits other thatn the Beatles. Madonna is the queen of marketing herself. I give Madonna her props she is a legend in her own right with many, many pop hits going back 25 years and a Rock N Roll hall of famer. Based on musical talent I say MC.

Back