US Presidential Election ... [All recent threads merged here]

Hell yeah I am! I've had a shitty day and its the one thing I'm looking forward to. And I plan to riot as well, regardless of country and maybe loot a little too... If it gets that bad, lol.

yesh, that is the concensuss. If McCain wins, I'll be move out of the US period.

I'm so excited, oh my god!!!

excuse my siggy, but it just happen to turn out so huge a few days ago LOL

Voted this morning! Now all there is to do is wait for the outcome. I'm so nervous! I just hope American's actually get it right this time.

McCain seems desperate IMO...

Of course he is, all reports show that he is behind so his campaign is doing anything to get last minute votes.

I'd rahter he lose with dignity and no complaints. Like "I did what i had to do and I'm glad i got this far."

Voted this morning! Now all there is to do is wait for the outcome. I'm so nervous! I just hope American's actually get it right this time.

Of course he is, all reports show that he is behind so his campaign is doing anything to get last minute votes.

yeah something about Cubans should get out there and vote for McCain. It was on CNN but i was busy doing somethingelse though. Some lady was talking and saying how Cubans should vote for Mccain..

yeah he is far behind though..

If Obama wins Indiana, I am personally going to go to LA to KISS and HUG MJ!!! THANK YOU FOR BEING FROM INDIANA MJ!!!

yeah something about Cubans should get out there and vote for McCain. It was on CNN but i was busy doing somethingelse though. Some lady was talking and saying how Cubans should vote for Mccain..

yeah he is far behind though..

If I'm not wrong, some Cuban organization had already expressed that their support was for Obama...

If I'm not wrong, some Cuban organization had already expressed that their support was for Obama...

Yes, im sure they did!!of course. It was from CNN..i wasnt paying attention clearly. Some lady was talking and said Vote for McCain..sorry i wasnt paying that much attetention :/ .. opps didnt mean it like that though :flowers:

If Obama doesn't win, I will forever blame racism for it.

I'm not one to talk politics but in this case the right choice if out there for everyone to see, and if people can't, well that sucks for us, cuz it'll have an effect on everyone, american or not.

Results so far....

Indiana
McCain 50%
Obama 49%

Kentucky
McCain 52%
Obama 47%

New Hampshire
Obama 67%
McCain 33%

Maine
Obama 67%
McCain 33%

Long way to go but before these states come close to being called for either candidate. A lot of votes to be counted yet.

Last edited:
here's a weird question late into the game, but do americans only have a choice between voting for democrats or republicans?

cause here you can vote for the two main parties, or an independent candidate, or the "greens" etc

Right now, six states are closed with the voting. They are: Kentucky, South Carolina, Vermont, Virginia, Indiana, Georgia. McCain has Kentucky and Obama has Vermont. They both need 270 electrial votes to win. Now, I am just updating as much as I can. I know that some of you guys already posted some things. The rest of the states that are closed, so far, have no given up the stats yet. Keep in mind the batterground states. They are IMPORTANT. Let me get more info and BTW, I got the info from ABC News.

here's a weird question late into the game, but do americans only have a choice between voting for democrats or republicans?

Hmmm, I think they do. I know that when I voted for Barack, I could not vote for a person who was republican running for the senate. Now. I used the electronic ones, not the paper kind to vote so I can only speak for myself. I hope that helps.

I forgot to add, if you guys are curisou about the electrioal votes for the six states:

Kentucky (KY) - ?

Vermont (VT) - 3

Virginia (VA) - 13

Indiana (IN) - 11

Georgia (GA) - 15

South Carolina (SC) - 8

Last edited:
Six states to look out for:

Indiana (IN)

Virginia (VA)

North Carolina (NC)

Ohio (OH)

Florida (FL)

Pennsylvania (PA)

So far, from what I am seeing, Obama is not leading in Virginia and Florida, so far. Keep in mind, the polls are still open in some of the states which includes Florida so anything can happen.

Forgot to add that in my state, Pennsylvania (PA), a suit is being filed over PA ballots according to Fox News.

Its going to be a long night. I need to find something to do to keep my mind busy for awhile until things start being official. I hate when they use projected results...I really do. Wasn't that the problem last election? That one of the stations said one person won but they really didn't.

I wish I was in New York right now though. There are going to be about a Million people outside awaiting the results and a shot at History!

I wish I could be a part of that.

Back