Ubisoft / Estate announce new Michael Jackson Video Game - see posts 88 - 111 -167

Re: Exciting news for Michael Jackson fans will be announced this evening at 6:30pmPT

I'm not sure about that. What is the game rated? I don't think there's going to be any 'explicit content' on there.

new unreleased music? now that's exciting news!

oh I said that because I was looking at the pics someone posted on here and it looked like Michael had on the gold outfit...:D

edit..look back to page 8 DI's post.

Re: Ubisoft / Estate announce new Michael Jackson Video Game

Awesome..a new album and new game to look forward to :)

Sooooo, this is probably the announcement we've been waiting for right?....

Thumbs up to this new game, I think MJ would be tickled pink about it!

well nobody is updating the facebook page (and people are pissed there) but Ubisoft , AP and TMZ confirmed it.

so this new game is part of the 9 projects Sony will be releasing in the next 7 years right?

Re: Exciting news for Michael Jackson fans will be announced this evening at 6:30pmPT

It puts a damper on the exciting news...Michael is not here to share this with us.:(

Ohhh- I am extremely excited! This is going to be so much fun having around Xmas time with my little nephews. Trying to learn to moonwalk- I just wish some MJ fans would try to cheer up. Yes, it hurts that he is gone, I have my bad moments too and Iwill never get over it, but I can't go on forever being down about any new project knowing that Michael isn't here. Michael wanted us to be happy. His whole life was spent trying to spread happiness and joy to everyone, and he wanted to live forever through his art. I really believe Michael would want us to be happy. If not, all those years of hard work would be for not, NOW that would be very very sad. I feel excited whenever there is something new because it keeps his legacy alive like he wanted and I feel close to him. We really should try to be happy- this is great news!:D:clapping::clapping::clapping:

For those who missed it:

Jackson Fans Will Moonwalk In Motion-Sensing Game

by The Associated Press

2_Games_Michael_Jackson.sff_300.jpg
Enlarge Associated Press This image provided by Ubisoft on Monday, June 14, 2010 shows action from a new, unnamed video game featuring Michael Jackson. The as-yet-unnamed game will be among the first to use new motion-detecting camera systems to be released this holiday season for Microsoft's Xbox 360 and Sony's PlayStation 3.

2_Games_Michael_Jackson.sff.jpg

Associated Press This image provided by Ubisoft on Monday, June 14, 2010 shows action from a new, unnamed video game featuring Michael Jackson. The as-yet-unnamed game will be among the first to use new motion-detecting camera systems to be released this holiday season for Microsoft's Xbox 360 and Sony's PlayStation 3.

1_Games_Michael_Jackson.sff_300.jpg
Enlarge Associated Press This image provided by Ubisoft on Monday, June 14, 2010 shows action from a new, unnamed video game featuring Michael Jackson. The as-yet-unnamed game will be among the first to use new motion-detecting camera systems to be released this holiday season for Microsoft's Xbox 360 and Sony's PlayStation 3.

1_Games_Michael_Jackson.sff.jpg

Associated Press This image provided by Ubisoft on Monday, June 14, 2010 shows action from a new, unnamed video game featuring Michael Jackson. The as-yet-unnamed game will be among the first to use new motion-detecting camera systems to be released this holiday season for Microsoft's Xbox 360 and Sony's PlayStation 3.

text size A A A
LOS ANGELES June 14, 2010, 08:54 pm ET
Michael Jackson fans will be able to moonwalk next to the King of Pop in a new video game to be released this holiday season by Ubisoft Entertainment.
The as-yet-unnamed game will be among the first to use new motion-detecting camera systems to be available later this year for Microsoft's Xbox 360 and Sony's PlayStation 3. The announcement was made Monday at the E3 video game show in Los Angeles.
The game will also work with hand-held controllers on Nintendo's Wii and on the smaller Nintendo DS and PSP portable console from Sony.
The game's launch will roughly coincide with the planned sale of a new album containing unreleased Jackson recordings in November.
Ubisoft marketing vice president Tony Key says as part of the game, players will learn how to mimic the late Jackson's signature moves. Key says, "You are going to learn to moonwalk."

Ohhh- I am extremely excited! This is going to be so much fun having around Xmas time with my little nephews. Trying to learn to moonwalk- I just wish some MJ fans would try to cheer up. Yes, it hurts that he is gone, I have my bad moments too and Iwill never get over it, but I can't go on forever being down about any new project knowing that Michael isn't here. Michael wanted us to be happy. His whole life was spent trying to spread happiness and joy to everyone, and he wanted to live forever through his art. I really believe Michael would want us to be happy. If not, all those years of hard work would be for not, NOW that would be very very sad. I feel excited whenever there is something new because it keeps his legacy alive like he wanted and I feel close to him. We really should try to be happy- this is great news!:D:clapping::clapping::clapping:

no disrespect to you....but I am not even over his death yet,,and may not be for along time..I have been a MJ fan for over 30 years.....I just am having a little trouble getting excited right now over a video game..:(

so this new game is part of the 9 projects Sony will be releasing in the next 7 years right?

I'm thinking it has to be. They said the estate is very excited about it (I think). So that makes me think they are part of it.

E3 2010: Ubisoft Announces Michael Jackson License
Mysterious game announced with a musical number.

By Steve Watts, 06/14/2010

Ubisoft ended this evening's press briefing with the reveal of what could be the biggest license to hit music games since Beatles Rock Band. Founder and CEO Yves Guillemot boasted that they've acquired the license to Michael Jackson, and the announcement was accompanied by a dance number to his hit song "Beat It."

No gameplay footage was shown, but all indications are that the game will focus on dancing, possibly as a spiritual successor to the company's hit game Just Dance. We heard rumors of a game just after the pop star's death last year, and now we know that Ubisoft has snagged the rights.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3179865

Michael Jackson game teased. Ubisoft tell the crowd politely to beat it
As a parting note from Ubisoft, the publisher finished their E3 press conference with a nifty teaser.

The end of the show featured a dance show to Michael Jackson's Beat It - with a backdrop screen featuring the artist's name alongside the Ubisoft logo.

This undoubtedly means that a Michael Jackson branded game is on the way.

By the song and dance that was made it will probably take the form of a dancing game, although Ubisoft has not released any more details as yet.

http://play.tm/news/30651/michael-jackson-game-teased/

I agree with you.

But when his whole death is a lie and no one even knows the real TRUTH, we can't just let him die in lies, especially when the lie is a drug addict who begged for drugs that eventually killed him.

That is FAR from what happened. And we will go as far as the truth is to prove it.

please let's not school each other on how to feel. if someone is happy..good. if they are not...that is their right, and it is NOT a bad thing. in fact, it is also a good thing, because they are grieving. (we don't know how MJ wants us to feel. i'm sure he didn't want to die, either). neither feeling makes one less or more of a fan.

[youtube]44rbD7lA0DQ[/youtube]

not the best video but still

please let's not school each other on how to feel. if someone is happy..good. if they are not...that is their right, and it is NOT a bad thing. in fact, it is also a good thing, because they are grieving. (we don't know how MJ wants us to feel. i'm sure he didn't want to die, either). neither feeling makes one less or more of a fan.

I agree with this..thank you.

ubisoft announces michael jackson video game | the official michael jackson site
bit.ly
los angeles– june 14, 2010 – today, ubisoft® announced the development of an interactive performance-based video game, inspired by the legendary king of pop, michael jackson. The game is family entertainment ...

it's on the fb now

http://www.michaeljackson.com/us/news/ubisoft-announces-michael-jackson-video-game

UBISOFT ANNOUNCES MICHAEL JACKSON VIDEO GAME
JUNE 14, 2010

Publisher Partners with The Estate of Michael Jackson for Ultimate Performance Experience

Los Angeles – June 14, 2010 – Today, Ubisoft® announced the development of an interactive performance-based video game, inspired by the legendary King of Pop, Michael Jackson. The game is family entertainment at its best and will provide an interactive experience that enables players to step into the shoes of Michael Jackson himself and re-live his most iconic performances through their own singing and dancing. The upcoming game will include the most famous tracks from Michael Jackson's extensive catalogue such as Beat It and Billie Jean, as well as an array of his awe-inspiring dance moves for players to learn and emulate within the game. Additionally, fans will be able to sing along and test their vocal skills while immersed in the performance.

Michael Jackson, one of the most widely beloved entertainers and the most popular global icons of all time, leaves an indelible imprint on popular music and culture. During his extraordinary career Jackson sold an estimated 750 million records worldwide, released 13 No.1 singles and became one of a handful of artists to be inducted twice into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. He won 13 Grammy Awards and received the American Music Award's Artist of the Century Award. His album "Thriller" is the world's best-selling album of all time with more than 110 million copies sold.

"Michael always pushed every limit when it came to technology to give his fans unforgettable entertainment experiences, whether it involved his videos, his recordings or his concerts. Now, with this interactive product, we have the chance to bring Michael, the artist, into households around the world in a perfect match of Michael's artistry and the family entertainment which he always highly valued. Kids, their parents, extended family members and friends will now have an opportunity to all come together and experience Michael's music and dance in an innovative, exciting and fun way," said John Branca, co-executor for The Estate of Michael Jackson.

Added Michael Jackson Estate Co-Executor John McClain: "No artist can energize a dance floor in the spirit of fun like Michael Jackson. His God-given gifts for music and dance are something new generations of fans will appreciate even more. This game is a natural extension of what he would be doing today to raise his artistry to even greater heights for his fans of all generations. It is a game that the entire family can experience and enjoy together and this is something that would please Michael tremendously."

"We're delighted to have the opportunity to develop a game based on the songs and moves of one of the world's most incredible performers of all time," said Yves Guillemot, chief executive officer at Ubisoft. "We expect the game to bring Michael Jackson fans, families and friends together with the energetic song and dance of The King of Pop."

The game will be available for "Project Natal" for Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 system with PlayStation®Move support, PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system, Nintendo's Wii&tm; system and Nintendo DS&tm; handheld system, for holiday 2010.

About Ubisoft
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has offices in 26 countries and has sales in more than 55 countries around the globe. It is committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to consumers. For the 2009-10 fiscal year Ubisoft generated sales of € 871 million. To learn more, please visit www.ubisoftgroup.com.

Hot off the press:

“Los Angeles – June 14, 2010 – Today, Ubisoft® announced the development of an interactive performance-based video game, inspired by the legendary King of Pop, Michael Jackson. The game is family entertainment at its best and will provide an interactive experience that enables players to step into the shoes of Michael Jackson himself and re-live his most iconic performances through their own singing and dancing. The upcoming game will include the most famous tracks from Michael Jackson’s extensive catalogue such as Beat It and Billie Jean, as well as an array of his awe-inspiring dance moves for players to learn and emulate within the game. Additionally, fans will be able to sing along and test their vocal skills while immersed in the performance.

Michael Jackson, one of the most widely beloved entertainers and the most popular global icons of all time, leaves an indelible imprint on popular music and culture. During his extraordinary career Jackson sold an estimated 750 million records worldwide, released 13 No.1 singles and became one of a handful of artists to be inducted twice into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. He won 13 Grammy Awards and received the American Music Award’s Artist of the Century Award. His album “Thriller” is the world’s best-selling album of all time with more than 110 million copies sold.

“Michael always pushed every limit when it came to technology to give his fans unforgettable entertainment experiences, whether it involved his videos, his recordings or his concerts. Now, with this interactive product, we have the chance to bring Michael, the artist, into households around the world in a perfect match of Michael’s artistry and the family entertainment which he always highly valued. Kids, their parents, extended family members and friends will now have an opportunity to all come together and experience Michael’s music and dance in an innovative, exciting and fun way,” said John Branca, co-executor for The Estate of Michael Jackson.

Added Michael Jackson Estate Co-Executor John McClain: “No artist can energize a dance floor in the spirit of fun like Michael Jackson. His God-given gifts for music and dance are something new generations of fans will appreciate even more. This game is a natural extension of what he would be doing today to raise his artistry to even greater heights for his fans of all generations. It is a game that the entire family can experience and enjoy together and this is something that would please Michael tremendously.”

“We’re delighted to have the opportunity to develop a game based on the songs and moves of one of the world’s most incredible performers of all time,” said Yves Guillemot, chief executive officer at Ubisoft. “We expect the game to bring Michael Jackson fans, families and friends together with the energetic song and dance of The King of Pop.”

The game will be available for KinectTM for Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 system with PlayStation®Move support, PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system, Nintendo’s Wii™ system and Nintendo DS™ handheld system, for holiday 2010.”

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2010/06/14/new-michael-jackson-title-coming/

So I'm a HUGE gaming fan. I watched EVERY E3 press conference today... THE ONE FUCKING CONFERENCE I DECIDE TO SKIP, THEY ANNOUNCE A MICHAEL JACKSON GAME??!?!?!? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

This is amazing. DAY ONE!

Beat ya to it Storm ;)

I agree with you.

But when his whole death is a lie and no one even knows the real TRUTH, we can't just let him die in lies, especially when the lie is a drug addict who begged for drugs that eventually killed him.

That is FAR from what happened. And we will go as far as the truth is to prove it.

Oh totally with you. Even though I'm excited about any MJ project, I am also distressed and very much entuned with making sure his legacy is intact and justice is served. I believe very strongly that he wasn't a drug addict and I will do whatever it takes to make sure that lie is forever put to rest. It is a shame though that his family and some fans do believe in those lies.
But that is for another topic.

Back to this music game. I am not familiar with these games, but I will buy one of them or two as a gift. Anyway - great news tonight!

There are plenty of threads to discuss if MJ was a drug addict or NOT!!!!

This is about the new game. Please keep on topic.

So I'm a HUGE gaming fan. I watched EVERY E3 press conference today... THE ONE FUCKING CONFERENCE I DECIDE TO SKIP, THEY ANNOUNCE A MICHAEL JACKSON GAME??!?!?!? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

This is amazing. DAY ONE!

did they talk about MK9?

You know what I've noticed and I know a fan mentioned it earlier about the TMZ article, but on this other article they never say "former" or "late" at all. I just love that, it somehow makes me feel better. I have to cope somehow and that really helps.

I think this is a great idea and should do very well. Great decision by the estate.

Lets hope the soundtrack to the game is kickass and that it has a great setlist.

Last edited:
Ubisoft Teams Up With Michael Jackson To Teach You The Moonwalk

Have you ever wanted to dance like Michael Jackson? Let France-based games publisher Ubisoft be your unlikely tutor.

Ubisoft gave a preview its upcoming game "Michael Jackson" for Microsoft Kinect on Monday evening at its E3 press conference.

"We have signed a legend," said Ubisoft chief executive Yves Guillemont. The company partnered with the former pop star's estate to develop the game. Details were sketchy, and no release dates or game play details were given.

However, Tony Key, Ubisoft's senior vice president of sales and marketing told Forbes the game would be launched across various platforms, but wouldn't say which. With the imminent launch of Microsoft Kinect and PlayStation Move, though, these motion-sensing system would seem obvious choices for a dance title.

In addition, Key said the title would teach you to dance like Jackson, presumably by scoring the player on how well they can emulate his moves in the game.

"From the manliest man to the girliest girl, everybody wants to be able to dance like Michael Jackson," said Key.

http://blogs.forbes.com/velocity/20...th-michael-jackson-to-teach-you-the-moonwalk/

Never was a fan of the DDR/Dance Revolution games. Or the Karaoke kind unless it was Rock Band or Guitar Hero. Hopefully this game is like that, because this is a definite purchase.

Back