Timbaland working on MJ tracks?

well, to be honest.
something like part1 would be too boring for MJ. i liked the first album too, but the second part actually much more!
timbo needs to adapt to MJs music style and should not change it to sound like JT ie...

well, to be honest.
something like part1 would be too boring for MJ. i liked the first album too, but the second part actually much more!
timbo needs to adapt to MJs music style and should not change it to sound like JT ie...

It's going to be a Michael Jackson album not JT. I wish everyone would quit with the JT. MDP and BB put the demos together they did there job. Now Tim will do his final touches. The songs are structured in know way would Tim completely rebuilt the songs he will spice them up add some bass and maybe a rap or 2 with guest appearances. JT is awesome but he is no MJ. Can we start talking about MJ and quit with JT. Please!

It's going to be a Michael Jackson album not JT. I wish everyone would quit with the JT. MDP and BB put the demos together they did there job. Now Tim will do his final touches. The songs are structured in know way would Tim completely rebuilt the songs he will spice them up add some bass and maybe a rap or 2 with guest appearances. JT is awesome but he is no MJ. Can we start talking about MJ and quit with JT. Please!

Yeah, isn't there a thread here about JT, talk about him there, this thread is about Timbaland working on MJ tracks, not JT.

Both albums were recorded in 2012 .. the second one does sound like a rejects collection.

For those worried about Timbaland making MJ sound like JT, this song new http://hiphop-n-more.com/2013/09/agnez-mo-coke-bottle-feat-timbaland-t-i/ is another timbland studio production form this year that is a totally different style. he's pretty adaptable so with the MJ tracks I'm hoping for something innovative like Timbaland can do. Depending on the artist he seems pretty good at switching up styles.

He has the same drum sound on (almost) all of his songs. I hope he won't use it on MJ's tracks. That's why I like Take Back The Night and some stuff from 20/20 Experience Part 1 (That Girl...) because they don't have that drums and they don't sound like classic Timbaland songs like most tracks from Part 2.

i just hope timbo wont change the concept behind michael's demo's as we know from the recording's already available to us, they were close to complete in the state that Michael left them. he revolutionized recording, he should stay true to michael's vision.. not change the layers in any way but if possible make them authentic sounding so it does sound like Michael did record the song's entirely and it wasn't just demo recording's, if you understand what i mean?

i just hope timbo wont change the concept behind michael's demo's as we know from the recording's already available to us, they were close to complete in the state that Michael left them. he revolutionized recording, he should stay true to michael's vision.. not change the layers in any way but if possible make them authentic sounding so it does sound like Michael did record the song's entirely and it wasn't just demo recording's, if you understand what i mean?

Yeah, I know what you mean, it would be good. Didn't Timbaland say in that video that "you're gonna hear my music with his voice on it" or something like that? Doesn't make me hopeful, but I'll just have to wait and see.

Yeah, I know what you mean, it would be good. Didn't Timbaland say in that video that "you're gonna hear my music with his voice on it" or something like that? Doesn't make me hopeful, but I'll just have to wait and see.

i think he meant the background music in general, in similarity to the demo recording! probably with a more updated style, as he said ''keep the essence, but add a few thing's to make it a little more current'' as dr. freeze also said he was doing for blue gangsta (in 2011)

i think he meant the background music in general, in similarity to the demo recording! probably with a more updated style, as he said ''keep the essence, but add a few thing's to make it a little more current'' as dr. freeze also said he was doing for blue gangsta (in 2011)

I can't wait for them to announce something. I hope he does just update the sound, I don't want the music to be totally different from Michael's demos. I wonder if Blue Gangsta will be on this album.

Jury is in for deliberations so the trial should be over soon. Appeal after but that shouldn't be as big news. So it is time to see if that theory about waiting until this is finished is true. Hopefully it's only 1-2 weeks away.

I just don't get why Justin Timberlake keeps being brought up in this thread.. Timbaland works with several artists and Justin Timberlakes album sounded pretty dang different than much of Tims other recent work. So to say it will, could, should sound like the album is just silly to me.

He's working on tracks that Michael already recorded.. In Tims own words he was talking about keeping the essence of Michael on the songs.. JT's album is over rated in my opinion anyways, that's beside the point..

Michael created at least the blue print of every song Timbaland will be working with.. He's a Producer, he's not going to be the writer. The songs have been recorded with a specific rhythm Michael sang to, so even IF he completely changed the instramentals it's still around a rhythm Michael created. Plus hearing the instramental that Michael had on the demo or track would guide him in the direction Michael was going..

If we like this idea or not, the music from him is coming!! We might as well look foward to new music and hope for the best. I personally hope its promoted well and becomes a smash!!

if the album hasn't been pushed back to next year (which is possible) then yes, it should be announced around the time the jurors at the trial have made there verdict in the case. people want more this is it footage, if this is it are found guilty.. you got no chance, even in those months michael wasn't taking much medication.. at the forum in april and may. june 3-6 were also fantastic rehearsals as we've heard.. hmmmm, but i'd rather the verdict be in kj's favor. the justice for them means a lot more to me than this is it footage, which we already have around 2 hours of footage already. yeah, new albums.. 4-5. Tour releases, releases of the jackson's tours could also be possible if they win this. but let's just keep hopes alive for the new album, which will hopefully be coming sooner rather than later. Spino's version of a place with no name is cool, but it's Michael's song. i think that should definitely be included, as should blue gangsta, hopefully 'she was loving me' and 'chicago' as rumoured also, it could be a great album. but it's gotta be done right.

Didn't Timbaland say in that video that "you're gonna hear my music with his voice on it" or something like that? Doesn't make me hopeful, but I'll just have to wait and see.

He did, but he also said that he wasn't completely changing the music and that you're still getting that Michael Jackson sound on it. So he's pretty much making the necessary embellishments.

I just don't get why Justin Timberlake keeps being brought up in this thread.. Timbaland works with several artists and Justin Timberlakes album sounded pretty dang different than much of Tims other recent work. So to say it will, could, should sound like the album is just silly to me.

Mostly because many people (myself included) are using Justin's new album as leverage to prove that Timbaland is a very versatile producer. He does have other work but as of late The 20/20 Experience is the best example.

I don't see why anyone is concerned. Timbaland is versatile, he knows how to make music sound good (maybe not 100% original, but what producer can?) and he knows how to put a song together. Notwithstanding the fact that he's a bit like Bill Bottrell in the sense that he can produce practically any music genre and make it sound damn good. Arguably the best mainstream producer today.

I don't see why anyone is concerned. Timbaland is versatile, he knows how to make music sound good (maybe not 100% original, but what producer can?) and he knows how to put a song together. Notwithstanding the fact that he's a bit like Bill Bottrell in the sense that he can produce practically any music genre and make it sound damn good. Arguably the best mainstream producer today.

hes the best choice to bring MJs music back (for the public).
i think we should be happy that timbo gets the chance to work on mikes songs. hes very versatile and he sticks to the artists style, as you can see on this new cher record.

my hopes are slowly dropping as each day goes by! we've already had a release this year! new album next year, Something the year after? it's possible. Just being relastic right now of course.

my hopes are slowly dropping as each day goes by! we've already had a release this year! new album next year, Something the year after? it's possible. Just being relastic right now of course.

We haven't had any releases this year. Besides, let's not forget that MICHAEL was only announced a month before it was released. We should only lower our expectations if we hear nothing by early December.

We haven't had any releases this year. Besides, let's not forget that MICHAEL was only announced a month before it was released. We should only lower our expectations if we hear nothing by early December.

we've had the BAD25 documentary! that was only released a couple of month's back! it is possible as Michael was released after the vision DVD, but both releases were sub-standard! just hope we do get some good news soon enough, I need new Michael

I think that Pharrell Williams is the best choice. But I'm OK with Tim. For now.

Wonder how people would feel about that as Michael himself turned Pharrell down. Plus, Pharrell recently called Michael Jackson a freak so yeah. No thankyou!

^^^Supposedly most JT's songs on his first album Pharrell meant to give them to Michael. It'd had been better if Mike worked with him instead of Will.I.am and Akon. Even I thought he was a better option than Timbaland but if it's true Pharrell disrespected Michael, he can go eff himself, I insist, if he called Michael that.

we've had the BAD25 documentary! that was only released a couple of month's back! it is possible as Michael was released after the vision DVD, but both releases were sub-standard! just hope we do get some good news soon enough, I need new Michael

True, but that doesn't count as an independent project; it's included with the Bad 25 project. Besides, that was a very low-key release and I don't think the public would take notice if a new project dropped later this year.

Wonder how people would feel about that as Michael himself turned Pharrell down. Plus, Pharrell recently called Michael Jackson a freak so yeah. No thankyou!

Really? I didn't hear about that! Link?

Pharrell submitted several songs to Michael for Invincible, including Rock Your Body, Senorita and Like I Love You, but Michael turned all of them down, and JT later recorded them for his Justified album. There were also a few tracks that ended up on Usher's 8701. I can't imagine how Pharrell must have felt to learn that ALL of his songs were rejected.

Good thing though in the long run; no disrespect to JT or Usher, but the lyrics are a little to pedestrian for me at times, even considering some of the lyrical choices on Invincible.

dam2040;3910212 said:
. Plus, Pharrell recently called Michael Jackson a freak so yeah. No thankyou!

Really??

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/threads/130468-Pharrell-Williams-Talks-Michael-Jackson-Daft-Punk

Pharrell Williams has spoken about the comparisons between himself and the late Michael Jackson in a new interview for GQ Style.

The N.E.R.D. star - who posed in a tartan trouser suit and a heavy-knit hat for the shoot by Terry Richardson - said of the King of Pop: "That's, like, incredibly generous and kind and overreaching. That's hard for me to process.

"I could never dance like him. He had everything. He was where I realised can do-ness because he never lived with boundaries. He kind of lived with no time… I've not met many people like that, who don't perceive parameters."

He added: "Sometimes they go too far and off the deep end but Michael was teetering on that line of genius and insanity an you've never seen anyone walking that tightrope for so long and he did. That man was a special one."

http://www.mtv.co.uk/news/pharrell-w...ichael-jackson

Annita;3910438 said:
Really??

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/threads/130468-Pharrell-Williams-Talks-Michael-Jackson-Daft-Punk

Pharrell Williams has spoken about the comparisons between himself and the late Michael Jackson in a new interview for GQ Style.

The N.E.R.D. star - who posed in a tartan trouser suit and a heavy-knit hat for the shoot by Terry Richardson - said of the King of Pop: "That's, like, incredibly generous and kind and overreaching. That's hard for me to process.

"I could never dance like him. He had everything. He was where I realised can do-ness because he never lived with boundaries. He kind of lived with no time… I've not met many people like that, who don't perceive parameters."

He added: "Sometimes they go too far and off the deep end but Michael was teetering on that line of genius and insanity an you've never seen anyone walking that tightrope for so long and he did. That man was a special one."

http://www.mtv.co.uk/news/pharrell-w...ichael-jackson

Oh sorry. He didn't call him a freak, he called him insane. My bad.

Source?

ETA: So you mean that MTV.co.uk comment? Like OrinMJ said you have taken it completely out of context.

Oh sorry. He didn't call him a freak, he called him insane. My bad.
Pharrel did not say he was insane either. he said teetering on the line... which most geniuses do. They say the same about Einstein and many great artists. His next words were "that Man was a special one." So that puts it into context. Pharrell is a huge fan and supporter of MJ always has been. So to take one phrase or word out of context to attack him seems very unfair. The man loves and respects MJ since he was a child.

Hoping this is good after the disappointment of 20/20 pt2 it was ok but it wasn't as great as I was hoping.

Back