Timbaland working on MJ tracks?

I really hope Timbaland won't make MJ sound like Justin Timberlake. What would be the point? That TKO song is pretty boring and forgetable IMO (and it makes my head ache). MJ should sound like MJ not like anyone else.

I like all the songs on The Experience Part 1 and so far Take Back The Night and TKO

BUT, having the same sound with MJ vocals, would be a bit boring. I can't imagine how the music will sound, because he has already been working on 2 JT albums, plus other stuff. Now, he has also been working on MJ along?

TKO sounds cheap, gimmicky and dated.

No thanks.

The way people go on around here it's as if Justin Timberlake is the only one out there making music...

I think people are talking about JT at the moment, because that's who Timbo has been spending a lot of time with the last 2 years.

No thanks.

The way people go on around here it's as if Justin Timberlake is the only one out there making music...

Thank you!

Just what I thought - but you put it better. I really don't get this Timberlake hype on this board recently. How suddenly every future MJ project should sound like him. (No way! If you want Timberlake sounding albums then buy Timberlake albums) I swear there's not as much hype about him on general forums as here. I saw TKO discussed on a general (non MJ) board a couple of days ago and everyone was like "meh".

20/20 Experience Part 1 was amazing (but not MJ style). Take Back The Night was great too (I would like something like this for Michael album). I don't like his new song, worst in my opinion so far.

Can't wait hear new MJ tunes based on suit & tie I have faith in Timberland

No thanks.

I am talking about Timbaland's production. If he's most recent tracks are on a Justin Timberlake album, which you find offensive is not my problem.

You have a good point, but in my personal opinion Justin Timberlake is the only one making quality music that is, at the very least, different from mainstream music.

Take a listen to Blue Ocean Floor, That Girl or Don't Hold the Wall. They aren't groundbreaking but you wouldn't hear that type of music from Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry or Jason Derulo.

I really hope Timbaland won't make MJ sound like Justin Timberlake. What would be the point? That TKO song is pretty boring and forgetable IMO (and it makes my head ache). MJ should sound like MJ not like anyone else.
Thank you.

I agree. Very uninspired and weak songwriting and production imo. Not a fan of JT and Timbaland, but both can do much better than this.

at the very least, different from mainstream music.

I guess I'd be prepared to agree with you on that but you'd need to add 'of the mainstream'. That is, Justin and Timbaland are making music IN the upper tier American mainstream that doesn't sound a whole lot like the other big acts in the same bracket.

That bracket isn't remotely representative however and I think that's the frustrating part. Just because these acts are extremely famous internationally doesn't mean that music begins and ends with them, which was my point. The wider picture is far more interesting.

So Lady GaGa isn't the only current artist MJ fans have an issue with? Hmmm... i wonder why on earth people have an issue with these singers.

I love both Gaga and Timberlake. They are my two favourite current performers! I don't like Bieber.

gif-animado-gato-lixando-a-unha_large.gif

Is anybody still in touch with smooth_criminal05? He was able to provide alot of info prior to the release of the michael album. Now I know not everybody believed him but it would be great to get any sort of insight into the plans for this album, obviously we would need to take it with a grain of salt but anyway..is anyone still in touch with him or does anyone have his email address? seems he hasn't posted here since 2011..

Is anybody still in touch with smooth_criminal05? He was able to provide alot of info prior to the release of the michael album. Now I know not everybody believed him but it would be great to get any sort of insight into the plans for this album, obviously we would need to take it with a grain of salt but anyway..is anyone still in touch with him or does anyone have his email address? seems he hasn't posted here since 2011..

He was not a real source. He was making things up.

The two best sources the MJ community has are Damien Shields (who only writes on his blog, save for an occasional post on Maximum Jackson and maybe here) and mkgenie. As far as current events, I mean.

The two best sources the MJ community has are Damien Shields (who only writes on his blog, save for an occasional post on Maximum Jackson and maybe here) and mkgenie. As far as current events, I mean.

And apparently both know nothing about this supposed upcoming album. With just over two months to go, really makes me wonder if we are going to get a new one this year. I'm pretty sure mkgenie also provided us with information in the months leading up to the michael album, but this time nothing.

And apparently both know nothing about this supposed upcoming album. With just over two months to go, really makes me wonder if we are going to get a new one this year. I'm pretty sure mkgenie also provided us with information in the months leading up to the michael album, but this time nothing.

It will come. Just be patient.

I must be just running out of patience! weren't will.i.am and timbaland meeting this past weekend? no news on that??

I must be just running out of patience! weren't will.i.am and timbaland meeting this past weekend? no news on that??

I think the music event they are at is this week so they won't be meeting / doing interviews etc til later this week. Well .. hopefully we get some news. Funnily enough, Quincy Jones is also one of the headliners.

no matter what people think of timbaland, but i think this MJ album will be DOPE.

just listened to JTs 20/20s experience PART 2, timbaland did a much better job there than on part 1 already.
most people underestimate him in here, iam sure he will provide the best and most special sound for MJ.

Im just praying they do Slave To The Rhythm right. This could be a huge, huge hit (not as big as it could of been due to the leaks) but still massive. I actually hope this is one of the tracks that Timbaland is re-doing, as I think the original version wouldn't sound current enough and the Tricky Stweart version although good could still be so much better.

Im just praying they do Slave To The Rhythm right. This could be a huge, huge hit (not as big as it could of been due to the leaks) but still massive. I actually hope this is one of the tracks that Timbaland is re-doing, as I think the original version wouldn't sound current enough and the Tricky Stweart version although good could still be so much better.

I think that the Tricky Stewart version sounds horribly amateurish.

I think that the Tricky Stewart version sounds horribly amateurish.

this tricky stewart version is horrible. its far away from MJs standards. cheap beat and production (IMO)
every mj song was a fairy tale, also musically. that STTR mix of tricky sounds too flat and simple for that.

iam also praying for a decent STTR mix of timbo, maybe something the public would also like...

this tricky stewart version is horrible. its far away from MJs standards. cheap beat and production (IMO)
every mj song was a fairy tale, also musically. that STTR mix of tricky sounds too flat and simple for that.

iam also praying for a decent STTR mix of timbo, maybe something the public would also like...

Spot on!

The 20/20 Experience 2 of 2 leaked. It is available on RnBXclusive.se

Back